You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 97 98 99
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-03 11:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i don't own a single piece of gear that uses oseem augments except fast cast pieces

I'm more impressed that you managed that lifestyle than even the ppl with multiple WSD+10 augs.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-03 11:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
i don't own a single piece of gear that uses oseem augments except fast cast pieces

I can't say I don't own any but I pretty much do anything to work around Oseem. Such an annoying system and the fact you need to carry around multiples of the same piece exaggerates it all.
Most pieces are fairly side-grade territory anyways, except FC, which is just one stat. I don't need perfect rolls on three things including an off-path stat for fast cast.
By eeternal 2020-10-03 17:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Anyone has a good AE set? tried searching the past 40 pages and didn't find anything.

Would you just use TF set with Taruet/K.Club? (even better because u don't have to swap weapons)

Thanks in advance
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-10-03 17:35:30
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
Anyone has a good AE set? tried searching the past 40 pages and didn't find anything.

Would you just use TF set with Taruet/K.Club? (even better because u don't have to swap weapons)

Thanks in advance

I'd use use my True Flight set, minus weatherspoon ring.

I am curious about something though.

Thoughts on wind ele damage+15?:
Code
Levante Dagger  Rare Ex
[Main] All Races
DPS: 3115 DMG:95 Delay:183 AGI+15 Accuracy+27 Attack+15 Evasion+27 Dagger skill +228 Parrying skill +228 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Wind elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15 "Subtle Blow"+8 Additional effect: Silence
By eeternal 2020-10-03 17:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, pretty sure wouldn't advise on using it, seen many people claim they had better damage on Tauret but no actual testing/proof.

Taking into consideration Magic Accuracy +40.. Magic Accuracy Skill +250.. not worth using Levante.

edit#2
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-03 18:15:15
Link | Citer | R

magic accuracy skill doesn't matter in the offhand
By eeternal 2020-10-03 18:18:15
Link | Citer | R

I meant Mainhand assuming Tauret/K.Club
By Nariont 2020-10-03 18:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Thoughts on wind ele damage+15?

My understanding on that dagger is it fails to a good malev/kaja/tauret due to 0 mdmg or mab, might make a good enspell off-hand though
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-10-03 20:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
You know what? You're absolutely right. Sadly, I can't even cop an NQ Cohort Cloak anytime I try farming it. I'm 0 for 150+ at least. I've received everything else from that UNM, even got a bunch of the 3 rocks too. But Cohort Cloak? NOPE!

I've checked all my Mog House boxes to see if there might be one I may have gotten but didn't remember about it, too. None.

ugh that's just evil- I'm sure you're doing it, but always a good idea to hold on to the "wrong" drops while doing UNM until you get what you're after.

Finally got it, but not from the fight itself. I got it from the damn Goblin Box on a same account mule. Thank goodness it's same account sendable!
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-10-07 20:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Wonder if rng will ever get its version of pixie hairpin +1 or will cor remain SE love child.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2020-10-07 22:15:23
Link | Citer | R

they just got to give us Access to Daybreak then GG lol
By Felgarr 2020-10-07 22:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
Wonder if rng will ever get its version of pixie hairpin +1 or will cor remain SE love child.

I love this idea.

You know what would through people for a loop? If SE created Elemental MAB Potency+ earrings ...and put them behind Magian Trials, that correspond to killing Sheol A, B or C NMs 10 times.

haha ....I could theory-craft this all day.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-10-07 23:23:08
Link | Citer | R

I'd just be happy with less double-dark zones, I don't always have a /scholar following me around :/. More double-light!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-08 01:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Epigram said: »
I'd just be happy with less double-dark zones, I don't always have a /scholar following me around :/. More double-light!

I do wish there was more +light affinity gear that was usable in true endgame content. Darkness gets two valuable pieces in Pixie+1 and Archon Ring...the only real feasible one we get is Weatherspoon/+1 and that is locked behind a choice of Adoulin rings...CORs get no penalty or limitations with their +affinity options, we are forced into that option (not that Weatherspoon is a bad choice, just annoyed at the principle of it).

Ideally? An earring. Don't limit our main/sub options so that its valuable in both melee/ranged is equal. Don't mess with the waist- Orpheus is too good and a great goal for many, either thru long-term gil saving or farming like NNI coming up. If it were a hairpin/veil in the head slot, that wrecks our new choice of Cohort+1. And already have a ring via Weatherspoon. Hands could be interesting, not a super huge array of options and our current 'typical' choices are 4+years old.

In terms of SE's abuse of double-darkness endgame...they kinda painted themselves into a corner there. There's always one more tier of ultimate baddy and they're almost exclusively darkness aligned. Give us a "Lucifer" equivalent...a fallen angel cloaked in light type baddy.

I'd love to see the inner zones of Al'Taeiu (Sea) used for some kind of endgame activity...be that an Apollyon revival, or new content in the Grand Palace.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-08 01:57:32
Link | Citer | R

we need a thunder affinity piece for drg raiden thrust first
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 04:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Epigram said: »

I do wish there was more +light affinity gear that was usable in true endgame content. Darkness gets two valuable pieces in Pixie+1 and Archon Ring...the only real feasible one we get is Weatherspoon/+1 and that is locked behind a choice of Adoulin rings...CORs get no penalty or limitations with their +affinity options, we are forced into that option (not that Weatherspoon is a bad choice, just annoyed at the principle of it).

Ideally? An earring. Don't limit our main/sub options so that its valuable in both melee/ranged is equal. Don't mess with the waist- Orpheus is too good and a great goal for many, either thru long-term gil saving or farming like NNI coming up. If it were a hairpin/veil in the head slot, that wrecks our new choice of Cohort+1. And already have a ring via Weatherspoon. Hands could be interesting, not a super huge array of options and our current 'typical' choices are 4+years old.

In terms of SE's abuse of double-darkness endgame...they kinda painted themselves into a corner there. There's always one more tier of ultimate baddy and they're almost exclusively darkness aligned. Give us a "Lucifer" equivalent...a fallen angel cloaked in light type baddy.

I'd love to see the inner zones of Al'Taeiu (Sea) used for some kind of endgame activity...be that an Apollyon revival, or new content in the Grand Palace.

I think you overrating Pixie Hairpin and Archon Ring for COR tbh.

They are really great, but not game breaking, especially if you use Orpheus's.

This pic from fast made sheet will help to understand it better.

Like you can see for raw damage, while using Orpheus's and Archon, Pixie Hairpin +1 is 1% ahead to perfect rolled Fern Stone Herculean helm (which I admit is almost impossible to roll out, because of AGI) and 3% ahead of 5%WSD/35MAB Herc helm, which is also hard to roll, but not as rare as with AGI. Pixie also lose to perfect DM augment, which is ahead by 4.3% and is break even to DM augment like 5%wsd/47mab or 9%wsd/35mab.

Pixie is much more potent with Obi. Up to 7% ahead of 5%wsd/35mab herculean, but its also loses to perfect DM augment.

So yeah, Pixie is definitely very strong, but its in theory not unbeatable (even when in practice it almost is) and definitely not game braking. Game breaking for me would be some +20% damage over the next best thing, not 1-7% ahead of very good Fern Herculean and break even to very good DM.

Pixie will be more potent when you start adding mab buffs, but at that point you are probably with GEO and doing 99k damage anyway.

This also completely ignoring no defensive values on hairpin and no magic accuracy.

Archon ring with Pixie + Orpheus's is almost a break even with Epaminonda's and this is counting in -10 store TP affecting next WS damage (without counting that in, Epam is better).

Tbh I value Weatherspoon ring much more than Pixie hairpin. The only problem with that ring is that it's SoA ring and you need to commit to get it. Weatherspoon + Orpheus's is already pretty good light affinity and I dont feel the need to get more, especially in form similar to Pixie Heirpin, when you sacrifice def and macc for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-10-14 00:10:00
Link | Citer | R

This is the best I've gotten from that a-hole so far. Useable for Trueflight/Wildfire, or stick with Carmine+1??

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-14 14:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jackflashh said: »
This is the best I've gotten from that a-hole so far. Useable for Trueflight/Wildfire, or stick with Carmine+1??

Carmine+1 hands path D:
agi+12
mab+42

Herc hands:
base agi+8
zero base mab

if we take the 1wsd= ~4MAB, that means your mab+18/wsd+4 works out to be similar to a mab+34 augment with less base AGI. not a lot, but its there when we're splitting hairs like this.

while not a hard and fast rule, I've always found 1wsd=4mab as a good starting point. less WSD in your set results in 1WSD being worth more, an excess of WSD in your set makes it worth less. But never by a huge amount, so its at least somewhere to begin when comparing pieces/sets.

With many RNGs moving to Cohort+1 now, two slots that were often the home of anywhere from 4-14% WSD (depending on gear choices) are bare of it, so I do find making some herc hands with both MAB/WSD are a good move. 30mab/4wsd isn't absolutely necessary though, anything above 25mab/4wsd, 30mab/3wsd would be worth at least testing against them with the rest of your gear.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Brynach 2020-10-14 15:59:16
Link | Citer | R

I spent a few days testing hands, Carmine +1 vs Herc with MAB +24 and wsdmg +4. The Herc fell behind the Carmine +1 by just over 800 dmg. I haven't gotten augs to beat that yet, but, I agree with what Memes said, it will take something higher than 25mab/4ws to beat Carmine +1. Most likely in the neighborhood of 30/4. Last part is an estimate however until I can continue testing.

I believe the breakdown for me was:
Carmine +1 : 55138
Herc 24/4: 54290
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-14 16:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Brynach said: »
I spent a few days testing hands, Carmine +1 vs Herc with MAB +24 and wsdmg +4. The Herc fell behind the Carmine +1 by just over 800 dmg. I haven't gotten augs to beat that yet, but, I agree with what Memes said, it will take something higher than 25mab/4ws to beat Carmine +1. Most likely in the neighborhood of 30/4. Last part is an estimate however until I can continue testing.

it is exceedingly hard to make a blanket statement for magical WSs, as trying to equate WSD to MAB varies (as many have mentioned in the past in this and other threads).

For example, the herc hands that I have that ended up beating carmine+1 for Trueflight in my builds are "Macc+22, MAB+28, WSD+4"- however a pair I had prior of macc+29/MAB+28/wsd+3 was less than 200 damage below carmine+1 for a 3k TP trueflight.

But those same "macc29/MAB28/wsd3" hands lost to carmine+1 by a MUCH larger amount when my set was herc head/herc body versus cohort+1. around 1100 dmg weaker for that same Trueflight @3k TP.

key total releval stats between those two herc pieces were:

-AGI+55
-MAB+68
-WSD+9

So losing 9WSD in lieu of more MAB/macc from Cohort+1 resulted in making the WSD on herc hands "more valuable"...or worth more MAB per WSD.

These are very minute changes in the grand scheme of total damage, in particular once buffed/mob debuffed. But its good to know at what point certain pieces become better as a cutoff, in particular when Dark Matter campaigns come rolling around.

Lastly, an argument can be made for getting herc hands that are even just close or even to carmine+1 is a positive move, as you likely will get some macc on those augments, compared against the zero macc on Carmine+1 hands.
[+]
By Brynach 2020-10-14 16:22:29
Link | Citer | R

it is exceedingly hard to make a blanket statement for magical WSs, as trying to equate WSD to MAB varies (as many have mentioned in the past in this and other threads).

For example, the herc hands that I have that ended up beating carmine+1 for Trueflight in my builds are "Macc+22, MAB+28, WSD+4"- however a pair I had prior of macc+29/MAB+28/wsd+3 was less than 200 damage below carmine+1 for a 3k TP trueflight.

But those same "macc29/MAB28/wsd3" hands lost to carmine+1 by a MUCH larger amount when my set was herc head/herc body versus cohort+1. around 1100 dmg weaker for that same Trueflight @3k TP.

key total releval stats between those two herc pieces were:

-AGI+55
-MAB+68
-WSD+9

So losing 9WSD in lieu of more MAB/macc from Cohort+1 resulted in making the WSD on herc hands "more valuable"...or worth more MAB per WSD.

These are very minute changes in the grand scheme of total damage, in particular once buffed/mob debuffed. But its good to know at what point certain pieces become better as a cutoff, in particular when Dark Matter campaigns come rolling around.

Lastly, an argument can be made for getting herc hands that are even just close or even to carmine+1 is a positive move, as you likely will get some macc on those augments, compared against the zero macc on Carmine+1 hands.

Yeah, I agree with you. I dont mean to say anything for certain, and thats why I mentioned that I was just guessing on the 30/4 Herc. I do all my testing in the same gearset, which includes Cohort +1, and just swap out the pieces I am testing. Its how I found my Herc pants are slightly better than the Arc legs, I tested O sash vs Eschan to find that Eschan only wins >14'. Herc Hands is the last piece I need to work on, but I just wanted to test values along the way because I havent yet come across anything to beat Carmine +1. Im glad you posted your 28/4 that beats it. That gives me, at the very least, a target range to aim for to continue testing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Brynach 2020-10-14 17:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Memes said: »
If you're using MAGA it's not hard to get WSD4 and 30+ MAB, just takes money and time. I know people that did several 1000s to get WSD 4 or 5% and STR+ on Valorous pieces for SAM with it and a lot of time and money. If not using MAGA then RIP your fingers and wrists.
Yes, agreed. At last count, I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000 stones on these Herc hands. Im sure itll happen sooner or later.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-14 17:55:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Memes said: »
If you're using MAGA it's not hard to get WSD4 and 30+ MAB, just takes money and time. I know people that did several 1000s to get WSD 4 or 5% and STR+ on Valorous pieces for SAM with it and a lot of time and money. If not using MAGA then RIP your fingers and wrists.
Yes, agreed. At last count, I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000 stones on these Herc hands. Im sure itll happen sooner or later.
I've sadly done all my augs manually....that old tendonitis from playing days flaring up due to a damn lottery system in a video game- didn't see that coming when I was 26.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-14 18:02:25
Link | Citer | R

i don't even want to automate oseem augments manually doing it lol

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2020-10-28 20:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Just returning, not sure for how long.. Was just wondering about Job Points, and if we only get to pick a certain few to upgrade like Merit points.

If so, which ones should I be capping for RNG?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-10-28 22:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Just returning, not sure for how long.. Was just wondering about Job Points, and if we only get to pick a certain few to upgrade like Merit points.

If so, which ones should I be capping for RNG?

You get to upgrade all of them
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 97 98 99