Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 97 98 99
By SimonSes 2020-09-27 12:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
SimonSes said: »
2. is a 43k cap on a tp-scaling WS under ideal buffs good? no, its slightly below average for a DD at best.

Again 43k would be slightly below avg on neutral target, not with +25% piercing bonus.

Also you havent replied to arma vs gandiva Cele :P I wonder how you get Gandiva ahead on white damage. Because of fSTR2? I think it would be a close call even with high fSTR2, since without it, Arma seems to be few % ahead.

hehe- I was tired and moderately drunk when you posted- this NA guy had to sleep! <3

I will completely admit that my comment of gandiva vs armageddon white damage during AM3 comes from parsing/eyeballing (both, not trying to say the two are equal) the two weapons in Dyna-D Jeuno runs against the wave2 boss, which my current group has done multiple times in either a ranged strat from the bridge above, or a more standard melee setup (we got a lot of good RNGs and CORs, so even though slower, sometimes we wanna stand on the ramparts and rain down hell).

And in that experience (pretty sure the goblin is piercing neutral), within a max buff situation (definitely could skew the dSTAT issue you mention) I see/parse higher numbers from individual/doubleshot damage with bow. Now in addition to being under a bolstered/Soul Voice situation, I'm also probably closer to the sweet spot for Archery from that distance. For information's sake, my Arma is R15, my Gandiva is R12.

I still prefer Armageddon, though. In particular after RP'ing it for that gross amount of AGI, with just a little STR to make it interesting. I find it the most versatile weapon in our arsenal. Not to mention I will always start from a point of assuming the spreadsheets are correct until proven wrong- its just too easy to make assumptions about damage once in game.

The situation I describe is the only time I've tested the white damage between weapons, and only because I never really feel comfortable with either vs just Savage Blading the mofo(correction: THIS mofo- wave2 jeuno boss) into oblivion, but like I said- sometimes its just fun to rain down hell.

edit: I keep forgetting about that piercing bonus in the numbers...who tests ranger on piercing weak mobs?

I mean in theory its impossible for Armageddon to lose at attack cap tbh. Arma+ammo is 451 damage and Gandiva+arrow is 403. Marksmanship caps at 3.8 pdif, Archery at 3.55 pdif So if you get higher damage with Gandiva, then you are probably not attack capped with gun and has higher attack with Gandiva because of distance you mentioned.

At attack capped, with capped Snapshot and with 24% reduction in delay from velocity shot, Armageddon should be 9% ahead on DPS with 0 fSTR2 and it should do almost 20% more damage per hit.

With capped fSTR2 (80 for R15 Gandiva and 40 for R15 Armageddon) it goes down to like 0.8% dps advantage for Arma and 10.5% higher damage per hit. That being said reaching fSTR2 cap is imo not really realistic for Gandiva on anything relevant. Afaik bis crit AM3 set is below 300STR even with BoostSTR and food and we are talking about 160STR above target's VIT needed to cap fSTR2 on Gandiva. It's more likely to be in negative fSTR2 on anything relevant tbh XD
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-27 13:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Memes said: »
What augments do you need to beat Cohort Cloak +1? Herc head and body with 30 MAB and 4% WSD each would beat it? 8% WSD vs 40 more MAB? inb4 situational etc. so assume Dynamis D (the only place where RNG matters).

I'm only replying to this because actual Rangers might wonder- I think anyone following these boards know what your comments actually count for.

Beating AGI+54, macc+110~120, and MAB+100 is almost impossible in any situation that requires legitimate magic accuracy. Even if the need of macc is removed, its still damn hard.

base AGI on herc head+ herc body= 55. so that stat is a wash between the two.

Most TF sets see a WSD to AGI ratio at or near 1WSD=4MAB. If your set is extremely high on WSD, it can drop to 1WSD=3MAB. Let's safely assume the 4MAB ratio.

If you assume 30MAB per piece of herc gear, that leaves 40MAB unaccounted for. At the 1WSD/4MAB ratio, that's 10WSD needed to just match the damage, so 5 per piece. That means to match damage alone, you'd need a herc body AND head both with at least 25MAB/5WSD to match(accounting for the +10mab base on the head)....and you'd need 55macc per piece (since both of those herc pieces have zero native macc).

Its literally impossible to hit 50macc outside of Dark Matter. 5%WSD is only possible with fern stones or Dark Matter. If you went with 4% WSD per piece, that would push the needed MAB per piece from 25 to 29.

This means you'd need augments on BOTH pieces of MAB+29,WSD+4,macc+55 to MATCH a Cohort Cloak+1 augmented.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-09-29 14:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I feel like I'm missing something. What's with the vampirism and odium in Coronach set?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-29 15:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jackflashh said: »
I feel like I'm missing something. What's with the vampirism and odium in Coronach set?
It's outdated and probably only considered the stat mods
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-29 16:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
It's outdated and probably only considered the stat mods

Yep. Current bis would be probably R15 Perun + R15 Ternion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-30 02:53:30
Link | Citer | R

There's been several changes with the introduction of UNM augments to RNG "BiS" sets- do give Kunami a moment to breathe, none of the rest of us career RNGs wanted to tackle maintaining a (very needed) new RNG sticky, and he's doing a helluva job so far.

I'm sure the updates to the Coronach sets will come.
By kunami 2020-09-30 06:53:38
Link | Citer | R

I updated the Coronach set. I haven't been paying attention to FFXI a lot lately, so if you see something is out of date you can PM me or post about it here and I will update the gearsets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-09-30 09:49:40
Link | Citer | R

There's been several changes with the introduction of UNM augments to RNG "BiS" sets- do give Kunami a moment to breathe, none of the rest of us career RNGs wanted to tackle maintaining a (very needed) new RNG sticky, and he's doing a helluva job so far.

Thanks for your, always constructive, input. Everyone be aware, no more gear questions until Celebrindal says it's ok.
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-10-01 04:54:36
Link | Citer | R

I want to bring up something, might turn into a small debate regarding Trueflight, but here goes.

This is my current Trueflight set. ItemSet 375785

I know the guide was recently updated to have a max augmented Cohort Cloak +1 as best in slot, which I believe was +100 MAB but took up 2 slots? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

However, my luck with getting just the NQ Cohort Cloak has been pretty bad, so I came up with this set instead.

Both of the Carmine +1 pieces are augmented with MAB, grand total of the two pieces comes to +84 MAB. However, since I'm not using the Cohort Cloak, it frees up the head slot to equip +10% WSD from the Orion +3 head on top of the +10% WSD from the leg slot.

So, +100 MAB & WSD +10% Or +84 MAB & WSD +20%?
By SimonSes 2020-10-01 05:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I want to bring up something, might turn into a small debate regarding Trueflight, but here goes.

I know the guide was recently updated to have a max augmented Cohort Cloak +1 as best in slot, which I believe was +100 MAB but took up 2 slots? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

However, my luck with getting just the NQ Cohort Cloak has been pretty bad, so I came up with this set instead.

Both of the Carmine +1 pieces are augmented with MAB, grand total of the two pieces comes to +84 MAB. However, since I'm not using the Cohort Cloak, it frees up the head slot to equip +10% WSD from the Orion +3 head on top of the +10% WSD from the leg slot.

More like 42MAB and 10%WSD vs 100MAB if you compare head+body and 84MAB and 20%WSD vs 142MAB 10%WSD if you compare head+body+hands+legs.

You confused something. Hands slot is free for Cohort set too.
Also you are like 72-82 magic accuracy behind with that head+body vs Cohort+1.
By HyperKTM 2020-10-01 06:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Why you use those feet for tf?
By SimonSes 2020-10-01 06:15:30
Link | Citer | R

HyperKTM said: »

Looks like he hates Oseem :) Only pieces that can compete with Cohort (and beat it) for pure damage are herculean head and body. You will still be behind on macc then tho. Best feet and hands are also herculean.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-01 06:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for your, always constructive, input. Everyone be aware, no more gear questions until Celebrindal says it's ok.

man, c'mon. just trying to show some appreciation to the guy who maintains this.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-10-01 15:20:23
Link | Citer | R

I haven't gotten proper augment on Herc feet.

And yes, Oseem is on my hate list.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-10-01 15:54:54
Link | Citer | R

More like 42MAB and 10%WSD vs 100MAB if you compare head+body and 84MAB and 20%WSD vs 142MAB 10%WSD if you compare head+body+hands+legs.

You confused something. Hands slot is free for Cohort set too.
Also you are like 72-82 magic accuracy behind with that head+body vs Cohort+1.

You know what? You're absolutely right. Sadly, I can't even cop an NQ Cohort Cloak anytime I try farming it. I'm 0 for 150+ at least. I've received everything else from that UNM, even got a bunch of the 3 rocks too. But Cohort Cloak? NOPE!

I've checked all my Mog House boxes to see if there might be one I may have gotten but didn't remember about it, too. None.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-02 14:39:35
Link | Citer | R

You know what? You're absolutely right. Sadly, I can't even cop an NQ Cohort Cloak anytime I try farming it. I'm 0 for 150+ at least. I've received everything else from that UNM, even got a bunch of the 3 rocks too. But Cohort Cloak? NOPE!

I've checked all my Mog House boxes to see if there might be one I may have gotten but didn't remember about it, too. None.

ugh that's just evil- I'm sure you're doing it, but always a good idea to hold on to the "wrong" drops while doing UNM until you get what you're after.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Serveur: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-10-02 15:53:56
Link | Citer | R

ugh that's just evil- I'm sure you're doing it, but always a good idea to hold on to the "wrong" drops while doing UNM until you get what you're after.

I had heard that the gil you get from UNM are a drop that you already have, but I am not certain. I spammed the SSG one for days without seeing the degen, but kept getting a lot of gil so it made sense to me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-10-02 18:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Beating AGI+54, macc+110~120, and MAB+100 is almost impossible in any situation that requires legitimate magic accuracy.

Yup. I have pretty great DM WSD augs on Herc head/body - like, unrealistic to assume for most people. And Cohort decimates my Herc set if Macc is relevant.

My relevant augments:
Herculean Helm: WSD+9 MAB+20 Macc+20
Herculean Vest: WSD+8 MAB+11 Macc+11

That breaks down as:
Herc Helm+Vest: AGI+55 MAB+41 Macc+31 WSD+17
Cohort R15: AGI+55 MAB+100 Macc+100 WSD+0

If you ignore Macc, that's Cohort MAB+59 versus Herc WSD+17. Napkin math here, but even if we're we're assuming a 4:1 MAB:WSD ratio (and it's prob lower, since I am using a very WSD-leaning set) that's saying my WSD+17 is worth about MAB+68. Probably worth it for me to use Herc if I'm very confident I won't be getting resists (but it's close, even with strong DM augs).

If fighting stuff where resists are a concern? Easy trade off to take the Macc+69 edge for Cohort over my Herc head/body.

My issue is that there's so much RNG Unity stuff I still need to R15, so I've prioritized some others over Cohort for now. But yeah, I need to get that done some day.

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
I had heard that the gil you get from UNM are a drop that you already have, but I am not certain. I spammed the SSG one for days without seeing the degen, but kept getting a lot of gil so it made sense to me.

I'm almost positive this is correct. If you already had the drop and it loads = you get gil. Can't force a specific drop by having all the other drops from that NM.
By SimonSes 2020-10-02 18:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Yup. I have pretty great DM WSD augs on Herc head/body - like, unrealistic to assume for most people. And Cohort decimates my Herc set if Macc is relevant.

My relevant augments:

I dont want to downgrade those augments, but..
Helm is pretty good, but its actually about even with perfect Fern (WSD+5, MAB+35). Body on the other hand is kinda weak. Much below whats possible with Fern.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-10-02 21:27:03
Link | Citer | R

My relevant augments:

I dont want to downgrade those augments, but..
Helm is pretty good, but its actually about even with perfect Fern (WSD+5, MAB+35). Body on the other hand is kinda weak. Much below whats possible with Fern.

Sure - could do something better with the body, whether awesome Fern aug or some other DM stuff. I'm not trying to claim my gear is flawless, what I have is clearly a solid option though (and FWIW, it has DEX+14 on it too, so I'm pretty thrilled with it for other non-RNG stuff like Rudra's Storm and Blade: Metsu :)) And call it "kinda weak" if you will, but it's still my personal best option (pre-Cohort) than the alternatives for TF/WF, over Samnuha Coat - cuz I don't have a WSD+5%/MAB+35 body.

Point remains, it's an amount of WSD that's only possible with DM augs and it does have some MAB/Macc along with a lot of WSD. So, while I'm sure people have some that are better... it's going to be exceedingly rare to get BOTH head/body augs good enough to compete with the sure thing of upgrading a Cohort Cloak.

Really more of an illustration to support Cele's points: even though I have pretty hard to get pieces with lots of WSD, it's very hard to beat Cohort R15.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-02 22:18:12
Link | Citer | R

I haven't gotten proper augment on Herc feet.

And yes, Oseem is on my hate list.
*** oseem
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-03 03:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Sure - could do something better with the body, whether awesome Fern aug or some other DM stuff. I'm not trying to claim my gear is flawless, what I have is clearly a solid option though (and FWIW, it has DEX+14 on it too, so I'm pretty thrilled with it for other non-RNG stuff like Rudra's Storm and Blade: Metsu :)) And call it "kinda weak" if you will, but it's still my personal best option (pre-Cohort) than the alternatives for TF/WF, over Samnuha Coat - cuz I don't have a WSD+5%/MAB+35 body.

Dont get me wrong, I think its great body overall, I called it kinda weak only for TF specifically. Its equivalent to like 4%WSD/23~27mab for TF, which is rather easy to get and rather easy to get better.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-10-03 04:44:49
Link | Citer | R

So is MAB+30 WSD+5% on head and body better than Cohort+1 R15? Assume MAcc+25 on each (-50 difference). Does anyone have parses to show they need that extra MAcc?

30mab and 5%WSD is about enough to break even (it kinda depends what exactly you use in other slots. More WSD or more MAB from DM augments in other slots will marginally change situation). You will really need 5%wsd/35mab to really make a difference (like 2.5% more damage on TF over Cohort), but you are so behind on macc...

Magic accuracy requirements will obviously varies depends on build and buffs. For example build with Kraken club offhand will for sure needs it more. I wouldnt trade like 60-70 macc for 2.5% damage. Thats also SUPER optimistic assumption that you will also have 25macc on both of those 5%wsd/35mab herculean. More realistic is like 80-90+ macc loss here.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-10-03 07:59:03
Link | Citer | R

I would never use KC if using TF for anything personally. If I'm meleeing I'd go on a DD.

I would be interested to know what MAacc is required for 95% no resist in dynamis. It differs a lot between T3 mobs and NMs and the boss?

Well you might not, but TF KC build is crazy strong.

It differs for sure. Boss has very low resists after killing Circles. Volte mobs generally arent resistant against light. Not sure if you get that detailed info from anyone tho.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-03 11:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Not quite understanding the dual message of "*** oseem" and "how do I NOT have to farm a Cohort+1 and use oseem more?" mixed messages.

I thought most people were like me based on the complaints I hear in game as well as on forums in general...that Oseem sucks and any way to avoid him for top notch gear is a good thing? ;)

-no calling out of the ppl struggling for a drop- I do completely get that. But y'all are putting in the work, its gotta happen at some point I believe <3
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-03 11:19:48
Link | Citer | R

i don't own a single piece of gear that uses oseem augments except fast cast pieces
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-03 11:33:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i don't own a single piece of gear that uses oseem augments except fast cast pieces

I can't say I don't own any but I pretty much do anything to work around Oseem. Such an annoying system and the fact you need to carry around multiples of the same piece exaggerates it all.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 97 98 99