Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 131 132 133
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 09:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Viciouss said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Are you a psychologist?

Isn't that superiority complex just awesome?
Pot, the kettle is calling you a dark color that absorbs all light.

Sorry that phone has been disconnected.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned from Urban Dictionary and actual dictionaries, it's that words and phrases can only mean one thing ever, especially when used by kids.
I'm pretty sure a friend and I spent a day in computer science class making ***up on UD one day in high school...so if I ever get nominated for the Supreme Court...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Are you a psychologist?

Isn't that superiority complex just awesome?
Pot, the kettle is calling you a dark color that absorbs all light.

Sorry that phone has been disconnected.
That's a sad shame.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-28 09:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Ford hasn't provided sufficient evidence to justify a search warrant, much less anything more severe like denying a Supreme Court position to a highly qualified Judge with giant well documented list of rulings.

The onus is on the accuser to provide sufficient evidence that the infraction did occur. Absent that then it's assumed the infraction didn't occur. This isn't just criminal cases but all legal interactions in the USA. Schools are required to follow this foundation and it's been ruled numerous times that the Constitutional protect of due process applies to all aspects of government, which includes Supreme Court nominations.

Like I said, we're really glad you will never be in any position of authority because you'd abuse the hell out of it with the mentality of due process only applying to those you like.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned from Urban Dictionary and actual dictionaries, it's that words and phrases can only mean one thing ever, especially when used by kids.
I'm pretty sure a friend and I spent a day in computer science class making ***up on UD one day in high school...so if I ever get nominated for the Supreme Court...
I will make certain to waste my 5 minutes as a Senator crying like a baby for an FBI report, after having Biden cited 3 times. =)
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ford hasn't provided sufficient evidence to justify a search warrant, much less anything more severe like denying a Supreme Court position to a highly qualified Judge with giant well documented list of rulings.

The onus is on the accuser to provide sufficient evidence that the infraction did occur. Absent that then it's assumed the infraction didn't occur. This isn't just criminal cases but all legal interactions in the USA. Schools are required to follow this foundation and it's been ruled numerous times that the Constitutional protect of due process applies to all aspects of government, which includes Supreme Court nominations.

Like I said, we're really glad you will never be in any position of authority because you'd abuse the hell out of it with the mentality of due process only applying to those you like.
You didn't even read what I said, did you?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:00:03
Link | Citer | R

I will make certain to waste my 5 minutes as a Senator crying like a baby for an FBI report, after having Biden cited 3 times. =)
Will you also walk out instead of formally voting?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:03:07
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
You're lucky it isn't against the rules.
Pretty certain it falls under the "trolling" umbrella.
It's mainly just arrogance. I'd want a second opinion before enforcing the trolling rule in that way.
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 10:03:20
Link | Citer | R

They didn't walk out of a vote, its scheduled for later. Even if that vote fails, Mr Turtle can just bypass it.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:06:01
Link | Citer | R

They didn't walk out of a vote, its scheduled for later. Even if that vote fails, Mr Turtle can just bypass it.
You just wrecked my head-cannon.

I assumed they walked out on the vote since they all left after Booker and Harris refused to vote on something.
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 10:08:08
Link | Citer | R

I assumed they walked out on the vote since they all left after Booker and Harris refused to vote on something.

My bad. A few of them walked out of the hearing that was deciding whether or not to vote on it. Flake looked very depressed the whole time, as if he knew he had sold his soul to put a sexual predator on the Bench. That said, they can still walk out of the vote. But the vote that really matters will be next week.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:09:26
Link | Citer | R

My bad. A few of them walked out of the hearing that was deciding whether or not to vote on it. Flake looked very depressed the whole time, as if he knew he had sold his soul to put a sexual predator on the Bench. That said, they can still walk out of the vote. But the vote that really matters will be next week.
Does Flake vote again next week or is this it?
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-28 10:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Still creeped out by senator Kennedy over here. what a *** yahoo.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 10:13:01
Link | Citer | R

No, I would vote Yay or Nay based on your qualifications. Probably Yay based on fairness and the 4,000 pages of answers you will have provided me. =)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 10:13:40
Link | Citer | R

If he does, it sends the clear message that GOP puts party over country and basic human decency.
Sigh....clearly BOTH sides do.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 10:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Does Flake vote again next week or is this it?

Whats happening today is the committee vote to advance Kavanaugh to the entire Senate. 21 senators are voting, its mainly ceremonial. Pass or fail, there is still one more vote that requires the entire senate to confirm him.

Right now 48 GOP senators have said they are a yes. No democrats have signed on. Collins and Murkowski are the swings, two Republican pro-choice women that voted to keep Obamacare and got burned on the tax cuts for the wealthy. There is no reason to assume they are a yes right now.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-28 10:13:57
Link | Citer | R

You're lucky it isn't against the rules.
Pretty certain it falls under the "trolling" umbrella.

The last thing you should be doing is trying to convince him to start banning trolls.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-28 10:15:16
Link | Citer | R

IF Kavanaugh is innocent, I'm with Graham here 100%, but Kavanaugh didn't convince me he was innocent.

All that needs to be said right there.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Still creeped out by senator Kennedy over here. what a *** yahoo.
I'm still pretty sure Sheldon Whitehouse played a fictional president in a primetime drama or some movie.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:17:00
Link | Citer | R

IF Kavanaugh is innocent, I'm with Graham here 100%, but Kavanaugh didn't convince me he was innocent.

All that needs to be said right there.
TL;DR "I didn't read a word of it."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 10:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Is PJ aka Squee?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Let me rephrase, Kavanaugh's dodging convinced me there was something he didn't want to confirm or deny because he was under oath.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-28 10:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Whitehouse and the Calendars. Keeping it Simple. Lol Lindsay’s batter box.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Whitehouse and the Calendars. Keeping it Simple. Lol Lindsay’s batter box.
I kinda want a "Sheldon Whitehouse presenting things" meme.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-28 10:21:28
Link | Citer | R

'my calendar is right here' is right up there with 'I have folders with many women'
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-28 10:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Let me rephrase, Kavanaugh's dodging convinced me there was something he didn't want to confirm or deny because he was under oath.

There might of been, like what he had for lunch or what he talked about with his wife before, or that he didn't want to fall into the myriad of traps the Democrats were creating for him.

He's already said, under oath, that he didn't do the thing she's accusing him of and also denies all allegations leveled against him, again under oath.

See Kavanaugh has already testified, again under oath, about this to the Senate. It wasn't a public hearing but it was still recorded and everything was under oath. This is why he kept referencing that testimony.

But hey why let truth or reason get in the way of a good self justification.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 10:22:03
Link | Citer | R

Can Votes still be held, in Committee or Full Senate, if people walk out?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 10:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
'my calendar is right here' is right up there with 'I have folders with many women'
Binders*
First Page 2 3 4 ... 131 132 133