Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
Random Politics & Religion #35: It's Turtle Time!
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Stuff from previous page to reply to.
I agree it didn't look good how Kava... dodged some questions. However some questions were leading and some questions had already been answered by his statement too.

I do think the questions, to get him to admit Ford is not part of a ploy, was good, as I don't think she is handling the ploy, just being used.
It was more or less the dodging of opinion questions, ***that didn't really matter. Like the "Would you prefer Judge testify?" The goading him to request an FBI investigation was understandably dodged because it would have actually put ***on hold.

I get kind of annoyed when someone goes into a Senate hearing and is disrespectful to one side, as Kavanaugh was. Is it understandable? Yes, but that doesn't make the hearing any less formal. I would have expected Kavanaugh's courtroom behavior in this situation and he didn't deliver.

That goes for anyone, I don't think the subject of a hearing should be disrespectful to Republicans OR Democrats. It just makes them look bad.

Are you kidding me?!? haha Like how democrats were super rude to Judge Kav? Come on bro...like seriously.
You have a point. Republicans did well with the prosecutor, Democrats should have done the same. Still, I WOULD expect his courtroom behavior and etiquette in all of this.

Sometimes you have to be a tank. Not a damage dealer.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
"Boofing" means an alcohol enema while abusing illicit drugs to increase the effects of the high one gets from something like weed, ecstasy, and cocaine.
....I am so glad that all I did was drink while under aged.
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 09:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Hope her Opponent this November wins.

Ignoring nausi's trolling, Feinstein has nothing to worry about, she will be a senator until she retires. The Republicans couldn't even get on the ballot to run against her.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:21:00
Link | Citer | R

"Boofing" means an alcohol enema while abusing illicit drugs to increase the effects of the high one gets from something like weed, ecstasy, and cocaine.
....I am so glad that all I did was drink while under aged.
Drank normally through my mouth at the start of my digestive system!
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 09:21:33
Link | Citer | R

You have a point. Republicans did well with the prosecutor, Democrats should have done the same. Still, I WOULD expect his courtroom behavior and etiquette in all of this.

Haha, the prosecutor they completely abandoned that couldn't make a dent against Ford?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Hope her Opponent this November wins.

Ignoring nausi's trolling, Feinstein has nothing to worry about, she will be a senator until she retires. The Republicans couldn't even get on the ballot to run against her.
Yes I am aware that its a Democrat runnign against her. Shame he's got a hell of an uphill battle, but I can hope.

Hope and Change, no? XD
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:22:50
Link | Citer | R

All that said, when Kavanaugh gets onto the Supreme Court, I expect him to do his job and not fulfill some biased agenda. He had better or it will look bad on him, Graham, and everyone who backed him.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:23:19
Link | Citer | R

LOL protesters being booted out.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Haha, the prosecutor they completely abandoned that couldn't make a dent against Ford?
She didn't move to political mud slinging. That's a good thing, she should have been there for Kavanaugh.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 09:27:09
Link | Citer | R

She didn't move to political mud slinging. That's a good thing, she should have been there for Kavanaugh.

They abandoned her to resort to political mud slinging. She started the hearing asking him questions, but they were more concerned with throwing temper tantrums.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:29:21
Link | Citer | R

This is...semi-interesting.

congress-edits

A bot that posts anonymous Wikipedia edits that show IP addresses from congressional personnel.

This bot also indicates the "Devil's Triangle" edit came from congress.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-28 09:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Stuff from previous page to reply to.
I agree it didn't look good how Kava... dodged some questions. However some questions were leading and some questions had already been answered by his statement too.

I do think the questions, to get him to admit Ford is not part of a ploy, was good, as I don't think she is handling the ploy, just being used.
It was more or less the dodging of opinion questions, ***that didn't really matter. Like the "Would you prefer Judge testify?" The goading him to request an FBI investigation was understandably dodged because it would have actually put ***on hold.

I get kind of annoyed when someone goes into a Senate hearing and is disrespectful to one side, as Kavanaugh was. Is it understandable? Yes, but that doesn't make the hearing any less formal. I would have expected Kavanaugh's courtroom behavior in this situation and he didn't deliver.

That goes for anyone, I don't think the subject of a hearing should be disrespectful to Republicans OR Democrats. It just makes them look bad.

Are you kidding me?!? haha Like how democrats were super rude to Judge Kav? Come on bro...like seriously.

He's not a liberal, liberals only see other liberals as humans. If your not one of them then you are a deplorable rapist scumbag nazi who should be take care of.

Anyhow he's going to be confirmed, they only need 50 votes and are at 49 with Collins and Murkowski likely to vote to confirm that places them at 51. Collins at least will vote yet, her seat isn't remotely at stake and she's the more conservative senator from Maine.

All the Democrats have done is earned themselves a lifetime enemy in a Supreme Court Judge and just harmed any future attempts to weaponize sexual assault allegations.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:31:03
Link | Citer | R

temper tantrums.
They were right to throw them. It was beautiful. Heck, I think I want to listen to Graham's section every morning to start my day.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:33:12
Link | Citer | R

All that said, when Kavanaugh gets onto the Supreme Court, I expect him to do his job and not fulfill some biased agenda. He had better or it will look bad on him, Graham, and everyone who backed him.
"When"? You mean "if". Repubs just need to lose one person today. One person with enough doubts to swing and vote no alongside the Dems.
I never actually believed Kavanaugh wouldn't get confirmed.

If Mark Judge suddenly showed up with a box of old polaroids of Kavanaugh *** unconscious women, he would probably still be confirmed. This isn't about morals, who can do the job, etc. everything on both sides is party over country now.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:34:24
Link | Citer | R

temper tantrums.
They were right to throw them. It was beautiful. Heck, I think I want to listen to Graham's section every morning to start my day.
Graham is a...single white male?

I was almost sure he was married with adult kids.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
All the Democrats have done is earned themselves a lifetime enemy in a Supreme Court Judge and just harmed any future attempts to weaponize sexual assault allegations.
Again, he may not like Democrats but he'd better do an impartial job or he's shitting on everyone who stuck their neck out for him.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Graham is a...single white male?
Are you assuming his martial status???? =P
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:42:52
Link | Citer | R

Again, he may not like Democrats but he'd better do an impartial job or he's shitting on everyone who stuck their neck out for him.
He strikes me as the type who'd get drunk, violent, commit rape, pass out, and forget everything he did while drunk.
I wouldn't put it past anyone to be a mean drunk. I know plenty of them.

Tbf, you usually know how to control your drinking when you're an adult and have a career in law as opposed to being a 17 year old kid.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:45:56
Link | Citer | R

IF Kavanaugh is innocent, I'm with Graham here 100%, but Kavanaugh didn't convince me he was innocent.

Luckily, I'm not charged with potentially changing the country via my opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-28 09:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Like Judge Ginsburg right?

That you even think he would be super biased just shows where your political religion lies. Supreme Court justices tend to be the most stable and non-biased part of our Government. They don't need to worry about campaign donations, #MeToo movements, political assassinations and the other dirty aspects of political fighting. Once on the court they are free to vote on cases as they feel they should, without intimidation or influence by Congress or Political parties. Judges aren't replaced when they vote against a political party.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-28 09:47:00
Link | Citer | R

So, the American Bar Association just petitioned congress to launch a full FBI investigation into the claims against Kavanaugh and to not rush the vote. ABA doesn't do that sort of thing too often. As in, rarely if ever.
Nothing will come of it.

Someone apparently tried to add the drinking game to Devil's Triangle on Wikipedia last night and Wiki rolled it back and locked the page from being edited. A Devil's Triangle, by the way, is a threesome involving two men and one woman.

I don't know what, if anything, "boof" means aside from the suggested definition, especially back in the early 80's. The Devil's Triangle has been a thing for quite awhile though.

So now your taking urban dictionary as gospel? I am sure that boofing meant that 37 years ago too. This is almost pointless arguing with you.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Like Judge Ginsburg right?

That you even think he would be super biased just shows where your political religion lies. Supreme Court justices tend to be the most stable and non-biased part of our Government. They don't need to worry about campaign donations, #MeToo movements, political assassinations and the other dirty aspects of political fighting. Once on the court they are free to vote on cases as they feel they should, without intimidation or influence by Congress or Political parties. Judges aren't replaced when they vote against a political party.
That also means that Kavanaugh can't lose his job if Trump does something stupid and he slaps him down for it. It's rare for me, but I actually have faith that Kavanaugh will fulfill his duties appropriately.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-28 09:48:50
Link | Citer | R

IF Kavanaugh is innocent, I'm with Graham here 100%, but Kavanaugh didn't convince me he was innocent.

It's not his job to convince you he's innocent, it's never the job of the accused to do this. We're all damn glad your not in any position of power because you just made an impossible demand of someone.

You didn't like him because he's doesn't share your ideological religion and don't want him on the Supreme Court because it limits the ability of your political religion to accomplish it's goals. Everything past that is just rationalization of a decision you've already made.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:49:49
Link | Citer | R

It's not his job to convince you he's innocent, it's never the job of the accused to do this. We're all damn glad your not in any position of power because you just made an impossible demand of someone.

You didn't like him because he's doesn't share your ideological religion and don't want him on the Supreme Court because it limits the ability of your political religion to accomplish it's goals. Everything past that is just rationalization of a decision you've already made.
Are you a psychologist?
By Viciouss 2018-09-28 09:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Are you a psychologist?

Isn't that superiority complex just awesome?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-28 09:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned from Urban Dictionary and actual dictionaries, it's that words and phrases can only mean one thing ever, especially when used by kids.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-28 09:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Are you a psychologist?

Isn't that superiority complex just awesome?
Pot, the kettle is calling you a dark color that absorbs all light.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-28 09:55:20
Link | Citer | R

This tendency to try and get into people's heads and tell them how they feel and what they think is quite honestly sickening. If you wonder why people "harass" you, why my report queue is filled with people shitting on you at least twice a month, and you getting your feelings hurt, this is why.

You're arrogant and no one likes you doing it. You're lucky it isn't against the rules.