Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-15 19:29:57
Link | Citer | R

ngl 1:30 was faster than I expected, but yeah, wafflestomp

(and good choice of song)

Missing the deets cause jp, but WAR retaliating the kc drk is so brokenly funny. Sakpata OP. Goblin HP <too weak>.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-15 21:11:24
Link | Citer | R

Lol, so are they just using Retaliate + MS on the KC gobbo with the Dyna D Gaxe for TP generation?
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-01-15 23:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Lol, so are they just using Retaliate + MS on the KC gobbo with the Dyna D Gaxe for TP generation?
Don't think they use SPs
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-16 07:20:08
Link | Citer | R

In case it hasn't been mentioned already, the Paralyze granted for 2-3 minutes on VD by the goblin TP moves is quite potent.
It's gotta be like >90% paralyze rate or something.
In ~2 minutes I swung my fists like 2 times, every other attack turn I was getting the "Paralyzed" message.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-16 09:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
In case it hasn't been mentioned already, the Paralyze granted for 2-3 minutes on VD by the goblin TP moves is quite potent.
It's gotta be like >90% paralyze rate or something.
In ~2 minutes I swung my fists like 2 times, every other attack turn I was getting the "Paralyzed" message.

TFW: You've only done this fight on RUN and haven't been paralyzed once yet...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-16 09:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Nobody has mentioned this yet, but there's a glitch where you can bind/completely enfeeble the DRK if you do it from a certain distance, and he won't aggro the other monsters. He get's claimed, but apparently he doesn't "aggro", because he does not take out his weapon at all, nor does he turn to face you when you run around while he's bound. It's really weird. "Legion hate" does not apply to him at all, unless you aggro something else, or move close enough for him to "aggro" you. Only works on the DRK from the right. This allows you to Bind the first DRK, then Bind the WAR, and you only have to deal with the Don + Incanter. From there, it should be a fairly straightforward fight.

Hope this helps for groups struggling to deal with Deathbringer/Paralyze aura etc. (I hesitated to share this because I thought it might be ban worthy, but it might just be a function of how they coded the DRK in some way. Still weird).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-01-16 10:04:10
Link | Citer | R

I think as long as you aren't damaging an enemy that can't attack you (so like the Iron Giant terrain thing), it's a safe exploit.
 Shiva.Funf
Serveur: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2022-01-16 10:48:18
Link | Citer | R

i 5 box this with RDM,BRD,COR,SAM,WHM and a trust. RDM goes WAR SJ and binds the DRK and then provoke the WAR and run to the corner. Blink and stoneskin lasts until bind is ready again and then bind the war too and rejoin the group @ don. right after the DRK bind i sleep the incanter with BRD while NITRO is still on. fight Don @ starting cornor. dies in a few seconds, more to BLM, then WAR, then DRK. start to finish 4-5 mins. have never seen a wipe to bomb or anything
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-16 11:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Funf said: »
until bind is ready again and then bind the war

Can just use Spontaneuity > Bind, which completely resets Bind recast so you can use it again for the WAR without waiting.
[+]
 Shiva.Funf
Serveur: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2022-01-16 11:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shiva.Funf said: »
until bind is ready again and then bind the war

Can just use Spontaneuity > Bind, which completely resets Bind recast so you can use it again for the WAR without waiting.

ty
 Sylph.Tigarion
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tigarion
By Sylph.Tigarion 2022-02-09 14:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this was posted already, but since the Goblin Incanter only uses Goblin Dice, it seems the result is based on the sum of the two die rolled. AoE effects appear to be centered around the primary target and have an approximate 6 yalm radius, so you have to be pretty close if you want the dual SP resets. I presume the sum of 12 is a single-target effect, but perhaps a Dynamis-Divergence veteran can confirm or deny it as we saved the Goblin Incanter for last.

Goblin Dice Summary
Sum Type Effect
2 AoE Full JA Reset, including SP abilities
3 Single Damage + Knockback + Bind/Gravity
4 AoE Lightning damgage (~200ish)
5 AoE Physical damage (~600ish) [Block can proc]
6 AoE Poison
7 AoE Plague
8 AoE Sleep
9 AoE Silence/Slow
10 AoE TP Reset
11 AoE Dispel (3 buffs)
12 Single Mob heals 99,999 HP
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [151 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-11 02:09:30
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-07-11 03:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Still simple.

Incanter will wake up a lot with its new mechanic but it's easy to Lullaby sleep even without Nitro. It doesn't activate the Don's aura either.

Can use the previous RDM Bindga method if you want.
 Valefor.Cinzia
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-07-11 07:34:47
Link | Citer | R

All gobs will do 2000dmg attack every 20sec now.
 Valefor.Cinzia
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-07-11 08:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Well not every 20sec but the WAR+DRK both are now "in sync" and will use tp move same time, and can use 2000dmg attack (mentioned above in that screenshot) which does 2000 to everyone
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-11 11:55:11
Link | Citer | R

They made this fight way more involved for the BRD, to the point where you can't take your eyes off the Incanter at all. Basically, he will keep waking up nonstop due to the Don's taking damage, so don't even bother meleeing the Don. Just target the Incanter and spam lullaby on him while standing in range of the Don, so dirty bomb hits you as well.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-11 12:38:11
Link | Citer | R

They made this fight way more involved for the BRD, to the point where you can't take your eyes off the Incanter at all. Basically, he will keep waking up nonstop due to the Don's taking damage, so don't even bother meleeing the Don. Just target the Incanter and spam lullaby on him while standing in range of the Don, so dirty bomb hits you as well.

Alternatively, I was just ignoring the Incanter altogether after the first sleep. On VD, Don was dead so fast it simply doesn't matter.

PLD/WAR/WAR/WHM/BRD/COR. It's dead before the first Warcry wears off. Was clearing 6-box in 3 minutes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-07-11 13:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Alternatively, I was just ignoring the Incanter altogether after the first sleep. On VD, Don was dead so fast it simply doesn't matter.

PLD/WAR/WAR/WHM/BRD/COR. It's dead before the first Warcry wears off. Was clearing 6-box in 3 minutes.
Mind giving a simple run-down?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-11 13:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Certainly.

WAR/DRG both with Naegling to keep it simple. Retaliations since they'll be tanking. One of them Warcry as you engage the Don. The other can save theirs for the adds.

BRD is Honor March, Victory March, Minuet 5, Blade Madrigal. Open with a Foe Lullaby 2 on Incanter, but I'm not convinced it's even important outside of preventing a stray Sleepga2 at the jump. After that, was just assisting the WAR with Naegling/TP bonus offhand.

COR is the usual Samurai/Chaos Rolls. Assist WARs after rolls.

WHM is tucked in with WARs, COR, and BRD to mitigate the 10k Needles bomb from the add. Paralyze seemed to be the biggest annoyance out of the whole ordeal. Barblizzara and Divine Caress to take care of it. Auspice is neat, I'm all aboard the Auspice train as of late. I was idling in DT.

PLD sub DRK, BLU, or WAR it doesn't matter. Flash Ravager to open, Stun/Provoke/Blank Gaze Deathbringer immediately after. Take them to a corner. Srivatsa, Ochain, or Priwen up to take zero damage to mitigate their TP gain outside of the regain. At this point, I don't even touch them further or use any JA/cures. I leave hate intentionally loose so the WAR can Provoke the Ravager off the PLD easily.

I guess theoretically the Ravager/Deathbringer could be stupid and kill the PLD whilst the Don is being fought, but it seems kinda rare they do Bomb Toss until they are actively being fought side by side, at which point they will use it almost exclusively.

After Don is dead, the DD's make quick work of the Incanter. When Incanter uses Manafont, he will probably wander over to the PLD. You can either Provoke or just follow and kill him.

After Incanter is dead. WAR's pull Ravager off PLD and take it far enough away to dissipate the aura. Then it's just a simple spank. Sometimes the DRK casts Break on the PLD, but it hardly matters. I did try to yolo it with Rampart and just fight them side by side, but they will indeed spam Bomb Toss and kill you. Definitely need to pull Ravager/Deathbringer apart before you fight them.

Again, the Incanter has just been so inconsequential in all of my runs. Haven't silenced, haven't re-slept, haven't thought about him much at all to be honest. Even if he did open with Sleepga, WHM should have sublimation up anyway.
[+]
 Valefor.Cinzia
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-07-11 14:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Certainly.

WAR/DRG both with Naegling to keep it simple. Retaliations since they'll be tanking. One of them Warcry as you engage the Don. The other can save theirs for the adds.

BRD is Honor March, Victory March, Minuet 5, Blade Madrigal. Open with a Foe Lullaby 2 on Incanter, but I'm not convinced it's even important outside of preventing a stray Sleepga2 at the jump. After that, was just assisting the WAR with Naegling/TP bonus offhand.

WHM is tucked in with WARs, COR, and BRD to mitigate the 10k Needles bomb from the add. Paralyze seemed to be the biggest annoyance out of the whole ordeal. Barblizzara and Divine Caress to take care of it. Auspice is neat, I'm all aboard the Auspice train as of late. I was idling in DT.

PLD sub DRK, BLU, or WAR it doesn't matter. Flash Ravager to open, Stun/Provoke/Blank Gaze Deathbringer immediately after. Take them to a corner. Srivatsa, Ochain, or Priwen up to take zero damage to mitigate their TP gain outside of the regain. At this point, I don't even touch them further or use any JA/cures. I leave hate intentionally loose so the WAR can Provoke the Ravager off the PLD easily.

I guess theoretically the Ravager/Deathbringer could be stupid and kill the PLD whilst the Don is being fought, but it seems kinda rare they do Bomb Toss until they are actively being fought side by side, at which point they will use it almost exclusively.

After Don is dead, the DD's make quick work of the Incanter. When Incanter uses Manafont, he will probably wander over to the PLD. You can either Provoke or just follow and kill him.

After Incanter is dead. WAR's pull Ravager off PLD and take it far enough away to dissipate the aura. Then it's just a simple spank. Sometimes the DRK casts Break on the PLD, but it hardly matters. I did try to yolo it with Rampart and just fight them side by side, but they will indeed spam Bomb Toss and kill you. Definitely need to pull Ravager/Deathbringer apart before you fight them.

Again, the Incanter has just been so inconsequential in all of my runs. Haven't silenced, haven't re-slept, haven't thought about him much at all to be honest. Even if he did open with Sleepga, WHM should have sublimation up anyway.

I was running it this way the first one and they did in sync bomb thing (the DRK + WAR) that does 2000 each so it killed the PLD. I'm not sure if that's super bad luck but that's what happened. Was really weird.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-11 14:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, did your PLD engage either of them?
 Valefor.Cinzia
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-07-11 14:33:28
Link | Citer | R

No, just stood there shield blocking as usual.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-07-11 14:47:49
Link | Citer | R

bind strats still work, was able to kill boss and incanter before the bind on war and drk wears off
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-11 15:11:10
Link | Citer | R

They do, and you don't even need to bring tank. Just 2 DD BRD COR RDM <job>(SCH, WHM, or another DD). So long as everyone stacks on Don, Dirty Bomb shouldn't take anyone out.
 Valefor.Worlace
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-07-11 17:43:43
Link | Citer | R

They do, and you don't even need to bring tank. Just 2 DD BRD COR RDM <job>(SCH, WHM, or another DD). So long as everyone stacks on Don, Dirty Bomb shouldn't take anyone out.

As we learned on our run today, so long as everyone stacks on the Don at the start, a WHM isn’t necessary. Hell could even go GEO/WHM instead of WHM if you felt like it.
 Asura.Lealand
user: Kael
By Asura.Lealand 2022-07-12 12:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Certainly.

If the Don doesn't die fast enough and is able to summon Baby bomber, how do you deal with that doing this strat?

My group tried this method with run/drk/mnk/cor/brd/whm the other night. Rune took the warrior goblin to the left corner, apoc drk took the drk goblin to the right corner. Mnk/war voked the don and brought it to the starting corner, and brd slept the incanter.

Whm, cor, brd, mnk stayed stacked on don worked on killing him. The furious bombers were healed through, but we'd wipe every time baby bomber came out. Is whm supposed to run to the middle to sac themselves to the baby bomber in this scenario? What do you guys think?
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2022-07-12 12:40:27
Link | Citer | R

my LS is lucky enough to have 3+ well geared Apoc Drk's so everyone just takes an enemy and runs off with it. brd/whm stands in middle after song buffs and sleeping incanter to just heal. The whm kinda just stands off to the side away from everyone and sacs basically, until Don is terminated by one of the DRK's and the Cor. Whm usually only endures 1-2 deaths. VD usually takes @6-7mins including buffing at the start. If bard feels like using Soul Voice/Clarion Call, that gets cut down to 4-5mins. Quite fast ambus compared to last month, fortunately for us. =)
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-12 12:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Rizzspeed said: »
my LS is lucky enough to have 3+ well geared Apoc Drk's

#Blessed
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11