Anyone have a pup party strat for this?
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-10 05:40:42
Link | Citer | R

What determines who the bomber goblin will go after? My WHM is just doing nothing bur RRing and wondering if I were to change her to COR or SMN to give extra buffs if she'd still be the target. If jobs matter, our setup is SAM THF BRD GEO RDM WHM right now.
 Asura.Aburaage
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Aburaage 2019-12-10 06:40:56
Link | Citer | R

It will always go for WHM first
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-10 06:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Not quite what I was asking. I mentioned having my WHM change to COR or SMN to grant extra buffs if they won't be participating much in the fight. If no WHM is present, then who would it go after. Surely there's an order or something for the bomber to prioritize.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2019-12-10 07:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Mage jobs, SCH RDM etc
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-12-10 17:44:17
Link | Citer | R

its funny that this month they roll out an update when pld can try and main heal, and then put in the ambu where you might not want to bring a whm.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-10 19:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Mage jobs, SCH RDM etc
So what happens if no mages jobs are there?
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-12-10 19:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Mrgrim said: »
Went in MNK, COR/WAR, BRD/WHM, DRK, WHM, and GEO with decent enfeebling set. Pretty straight forward ambu. Separate 3 gobbies brd sleeps blm, and main heals most of the time while whm gets blown up by bombergobs. GEO basically tries to silence the Don asap, indi focus helps a lot for initial silence it also helps in silencing the drk gob also (damn break). Once the don is silenced a monk can easily kill it within 45secs-1min spamming Shijin>VS>VS when zerging it with Vereth. GEO assists the mnk with indi fury and geo frail along dia. Once Don is dead the battle is basically won, the COR can grab and hold the drk gobbie, and the drk can grab the gobbie war. You can replace DRK with RUN or other tankier DD, but drk works as long as they spam catastrophe. Took me 4-5mins to clear with this setup. since I am controlling 4 chars I believe that it can be definitely done faster with this setup, probably 2-3mins. Also Accesion regen along Mantra helps a lot on this fight.

Edit: This was VD, forgot to add to use barbliz/para and kill don on hybrid meva DD gear.

[+]
By Aldolol 2019-12-11 02:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Incredibly easy month, did a similar strategy to Mrgrim but used SAM instead of monk. 9/10 Don was pushed into Chainspell before a bomber even spawned (none Idris GEO - Indi-Fury, Geo-Frail, Entrust Indi-Attunement, 4 song Bard, Regal COR buffs).

Didn't bother with Silence on the Don, full timed 4/5 Kenda and just took the damage meant you can push chain spell before the bombers spawn, T1 Ancients hitting for about 300-500. Don died in under a minute. Placed WHM near wall so that it could heal the COR (seemed to lack DT) and SAM but you could reverse this to help heal your apoc Dark if they get an unlucky Frypan Stun + Mighty Strikes crit streak.

Bard can sleep BLM before the others aggro if they get perfect range which helps with initial pull ***.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-12-12 00:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Whm geo/whm brd/rdm cor/war sam/war dnc/war 4-5 min on VD could of been faster/cleaner with better gear. but it was working for us.

Dnc holds war and cor take the drk.

Brd does elergy,nocturne and finale spam while N/at are on.
Sam took Don and geo and brd focused on healing the sam Incase whm died.
Cor held the drk using savage and sanguine blade. He was standing in range of the brd so I could throw a cure if needed.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-14 00:12:43
Link | Citer | R

For "Elementals" kills for Version 2 December 2019, if you know someone that is new / just starting out and is soloing or low-manning V2, but they don't have Sky to gain access to easy elementals, I thought it would be nice to point out that Umbrils also count for the elemental kills. I'd say Porxies as well, but if they have Reisinjima, they likely have sky. Anyhoo, just thought I'd drop that tidbit out there in case you find someone (or maybe you personally have a mule/alt) that needs/wants to do V2 w/o Tu'lia easy-access elementals.

The Augural Conveyer (Butterfly Cage for Skirmish) in Cirdas Caverns at H-3 gives easy access to Umbrils both night and day. If you've activated it, just go to a Waypoint in Adoulin and choose "Go to an enigmatic device" > Cirdas Caverns.

If you have never been there before, go to Yahse Hunting Grounds. Enter Moh Gates at E/F-9. Zone into Cirdas Caverns at D-11. Run to H-2/3 and touch the Augural Convery to activate it for future uses.

Good luck and I hope this helps somebody!

Edit: 99% sure the only KI you would need to get there the first time is Logging for Yahse. Pretty certain that's it and that's easy to get.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-15 04:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Very Difficult strat:

PUP/WAR WHM GEO/WHM BRD/WHM (DD) (DD)

Standard songs. Any DD pulls. BRD sleeps BLM. PUP takes Ravager with auto, DRK with master, and separates. DD takes Don. GEO silences Don. BRD dispels Ice Spikes. DDs kill Don > DRK > BLM Ravager.

Easiest strat this month, almost foolproof. Basically any DD works so long as they can hold up to Don. NIN is great but basically anything works. PUP is key to this strat because it removes the random synchronized Bomb Toss *** which can sink supertanking strats.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-15 05:45:20
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By green212 2019-12-15 06:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Very Difficult strat:

Standard songs. Any DD pulls. BRD sleeps BLM. PUP takes Ravager with auto, DRK with master, and separates. DD takes Don. GEO silences Don. BRD dispels Ice Spikes. DDs kill Don > DRK > BLM Ravager.

Easiest strat this month, almost foolproof. Basically any DD works so long as they can hold up to Don. NIN is great but basically anything works. PUP is key to this strat because it removes the random synchronized Bomb Toss *** which can sink supertanking strats.

have been using the same method with pup and works very well. with other 5 people stack together on don to split bomber damage to only 1k~ makes this very easy
By SimonSes 2019-12-15 08:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Since this guys solo this on RDM using bind and gravity to move/root mobs, you can easily just do the same for groups and bind those gobs instead of using any solo tanks and that should be way better than anything else.
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2019-12-15 09:04:26
Link | Citer | R

green212 said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
Very Difficult strat:

have been using the same method with pup and works very well. with other 5 people stack together on don to split bomber damage to only 1k~ makes this very easy
The way you're talking about splitting bomber dmg might confuse ppl since you'd only be splitting the Furious Bozetto Bombers aoe dmg. The target of the bomb would have to run out of the group if the Don spawned a Baby bomber since that's pretty much Dancing Fullers.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2019-12-15 09:12:13
Link | Citer | R

The most consistent strat I've seen is taking 2 Apoc DRK's a COR WHM GEO and BRD. BRD face pulls and sleeps the Incantor. Each DRK takes either the Don or WAR with Stun and Cata's their way to victory. The COR takes the DRK and does as much dmg as they can. GEO sits with whichever mob is getting killed first (Don or Ravager) and does Frailty/Fury. BRD can help DD but is better of /WHM helping babysit debuffs on the DD's. WHM is literally a sacrifice and stands away from everyone keeping RR up. Was getting pretty close to sub 3min kills with this strat.
By SimonSes 2019-12-15 12:07:43
Link | Citer | R

You can replace that DRK with any self sustained DD like dnc or blu, but really Rdm binding sounds the best. Require no sacrifices from whm and is simple af. Start with sleep on one, bind on war, 5 ppl take don to corner and start killing, while rdm takes drk to other corner and bind, then join the rest on don. Now you have 6 ppl on don, so it will die super fast and whm dont need to die at all. Then you move to next mob and kill one by one with 6 ppl. The only thing required here is RDM who can land bind, no specific DD is needed and no specific rema.
By trinironnie 2019-12-15 13:11:58
Link | Citer | R

RUN

DRK
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-12-16 21:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Anyone have a pup party strat for this?

4 PUP (Sharp body, Valor Head)
1 WHM (Reraise spam)
1 COR (Companion, Beast)

Whm stands in begining corner eating bombs and just reraises over and over.
The PUP take one goblin each and seperate them to remove auras and then overdrive them down.
Blm(incanter) doesnt give auras and after a short time will start to run around the arena to attack other puppets.
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-12-16 23:55:36
Link | Citer | R

{Solo Pup Easy)
After some fails on my 1st video setup, I tried for a safer style. Auto will never be in danger, unless you slack on maneuvers as in this video. Selth had some bugging out so is possible to switch him with the cor, and koru can be changed to King of hearts. It leads to around 6.5~7min kills vs say 8~9min's.
As a disclaimer my server is pretty dead so not recommended on high populated server's. This is easy mode, but 600 points vs 300 is good solo. As far as the drk/rdm goblin you just need to use 1 maneuver to pull hate. And he dose not need to be pulled to the start, middle the middle is fine. Just make sure your not in the ~21range of Don or both bomb tosses will hit you.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-18 11:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Managed doing N with shout PT.. VD is easy if u have familiar players who know what to do. But I guess I suck makin PTs.
By apollocry 2019-12-18 12:04:13
Link | Citer | R

I have been spamming this with people in my linkshell on VD. I control the PLD and WHM in this setup.

Our setup has been PUP/WAR, PLD/WHM, DRK/SAM, WHM, BRD/WHM and either a GEO/WHM mule or a fill slot of any job to help people in our linkshell.

Once buffed, I run in on PLD and grab a little hate on all goblins with holy circle, BRD sleeps the incanter, PUP has his pet tank the WAR to one side, DRK stun pulls the DRK to the other side and I pull the Don back to the starting area and hold it. WHM runs over closer to where the goblins start and just gets bombed repeatedly.

PUP and DRK kill the DRK, then pull the warrior over, then kill the BLM and then we all go on the Don.

Fill person, BRD and PLD help with paralyna for DDs and tossing out cures as needed. Majesty is great for this ambuscade to help cure.

Fight takes 8-10 minutes. The BLM will wake up at some point and generally just runs straight to the PLD and it is easy enough to hold the BLM and the Don at the same time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-18 21:17:47
Link | Citer | R

Yea but as long ppls dont listen how to play everyones jobs things go wrong...
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-12-18 21:30:49
Link | Citer | R

lol somehow I cant see my posts ..well I may did something..too much "drinks" I suppose..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [747 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-04 08:08:56
Link | Citer | R

The bump, as it was announced they're next.

2 years of power creep, this should be a straight up wafflestomp month.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 12:40:53
Link | Citer | R

It was not a hard month iirc. The Dark Knight Goblin may have been the most threatening? Think RUN could tank like two of these at a time and was hitting like 40k Dimidiations while holding the other. We split up in corners, have to look at video to refresh memory, but ya, wafflestomp month is what I remember.
By Seun 2022-01-04 16:11:44
Link | Citer | R

I recall WHMs dying and reraising repeatedly the last time this was around. Guess WHM didn't really need those master levels anyway XD
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11