users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-12-13 13:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Timmm said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Good luck getting a Herc helm that can beat Adhemar Bonnet +1. And I know nobody cares about Subtle Blow +8, but they should.

Is that all, though? Cuz a Jinxed head cost about the same as 2,600 fern stone attempts, which I would think is pretty likely to get you something good eventually. And I'm surprised if that's the case, because while DM augs aren't considered, there's a whole lot of spots on there that are suggesting herc with pretty perfect augments.

And yeah the subtle blow is nice, but it's not something you'd consider to beat out a bunch of accuracy for a bis list.

Herculea augment without DM cap at 4 TA, adhemar hq has 4 TA AND 6 crit dmg(which I don't think you would get on herc with TA due to limited slots). Additionally adhemar also has a big chunk of Dex and acc, that you probably won't get even if you get Lucky with 4 TA augments.

It's much faster and easier to just buy an adhemar hq.

Now if you get a qa +3 dm augment, or even qa+ta dm augments, then it may beat adhemar hq. I wouldn't rely on that though.

Also when it comes to bis sets in the guide, it assumes pt has acc buffs so acc isn't considered. If you need acc, use acc swaps.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-12-13 13:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
unless it's proven that mdmg doesn't work offhand.
Well unless SE ninja'd it last update or two then I can say whomever posted that was talking out their ***.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-13 13:16:06
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Good luck getting a Herc helm that can beat Adhemar Bonnet +1. And I know nobody cares about Subtle Blow +8, but they should.

Is that all, though? Cuz a Jinxed head cost about the same as 2,600 fern stone attempts, which I would think is pretty likely to get you something good eventually. And I'm surprised if that's the case, because while DM augs aren't considered, there's a whole lot of spots on there that are suggesting herc with pretty perfect augments.

And yeah the subtle blow is nice, but it's not something you'd consider to beat out a bunch of accuracy for a bis list.

If anything why not Dampening Tam?
3QA > 4TA
34 DEX > 33 DEX
35 acc > 20 acc
It has 8% Subtle blow too and also 4%MDT.

Perfect Dampening tam should be sidegrade to adhemar hq. If you have that, feel free to use it. That being said it's so much faster to get an adhemar hq instead. 3 years of SR and all I have is 2qa which doesn't beat adhemar. On the other hand adhemar is just the matter of ambuscade for 2hr, or omen cleave for 2hr, or 2 dyna D run worth of Gil.

Also have to say that adhemar has more use than just tp, such as crit hit ws.
By SimonSes 2018-12-13 14:32:46
Link | Citer | R

I might be wrong Afania, but if your white damage is big enough for crit hit rate and crit damage to matter, then Rostam path A should win over path B, because of higher advantage in white damage, than loss in tp gain.

Also saying it would be hard to beat adhemar dex and acc while getting 4%TA on Herc is double standards. Adhemar doesn't have big chunk of acc, it only has 20acc on path A and 0 on path B and 33 DEX. For Herc to match path A, you would need 4%TA, 5dex, 20acc augment, which is FAR easier than for example MAB, WSD, AGI augments suggested for bis Leaden.

That being said, I personally use adhemar, because I also use Rostam path A, so I like critrate/dmg it gives to my white damage ( small anecdote, I was farming cor cards while also farming swarts, so /thf and I was still able to hit 2000 melee round objective thx to Rostam DD :) ) , even if damage split is still so heavy at WS side.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-13 15:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Today is first time I've had free time since patch, yea new dagger is a monster on spreadsheet. When acc doesn't matter for off hands, I'm getting Eletta > Atoyac > Rostam > Blurred+1. I never included atayac before I never considered using it in serious content. Once they push Eletta to 242 its going to be pretty dominate according to spreadsheet.

Does anyone have any idea of a good mob to force into a training dummy? Wonder if there is something with a passive DT% could beat on and get an idea on spreadsheet accuracy.
By Afania 2018-12-13 15:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Also saying it would be hard to beat adhemar dex and acc while getting 4%TA on Herc is double standards. Adhemar doesn't have big chunk of acc, it only has 20acc on path A and 0 on path B and 33 DEX. For Herc to match path A, you would need 4%TA, 5dex, 20acc augment, which is FAR easier than for example MAB, WSD, AGI augments suggested for bis Leaden.

even if you do get ta4 Dex 5 20 acc on herc, how do you make up the crit hit dmg+6 that adhemar has? Adhemar still ended up having more offensive stats.

I might be wrong Afania, but if your white damage is big enough for crit hit rate and crit damage to matter, then Rostam path A should win over path B, because of higher advantage in white damage, than loss in tp gain.

If you want to know if you are wrong or not, you can use the spreadsheet from dades to find out. Afaik at least in low attack buff situations B wins.

Hades.Dade said: »

Here is what I got with boosting leaden to ~60k and no attack buffs. rostamB+blurred pulled ahead of RostamA+Rostam.

Forgot to post this earlier but this is janky python script i wrote really quick to test spreadsheet values.
By Afania 2018-12-13 15:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Today is first time I've had free time since patch, yea new dagger is a monster on spreadsheet. When acc doesn't matter for off hands, I'm getting Eletta > Atoyac > Rostam > Blurred+1. I never included atayac before I never considered using it in serious content. Once they push Eletta to 242 its going to be pretty dominate according to spreadsheet.

Does anyone have any idea of a good mob to force into a training dummy? Wonder if there is something with a passive DT% could beat on and get an idea on spreadsheet accuracy.

Eletta> rapier+1 > atoyac> rostam > blurred +1 on my end.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-13 15:55:57
Link | Citer | R

I use Viyala in Escha - Zi'Tah as a benchmark for low buffs (ie Trusts).
By Timmm 2018-12-13 16:03:29
Link | Citer | R

even if you do get ta4 Dex 5 20 acc on herc, how do you make up the crit hit dmg+6 that adhemar has? Adhemar still ended up having more offensive stats.

Well but the thing is you can get dex+10 acc+40 att+25 ta+4. Or acc25/att40. (or maybe both 40? not sure if it can go to 6 slots)

He just listed what it takes to equal everything but the crit dmg, not how high it can actually get.

And while yeah it's gonna take some luck to get close to perfect, it doesn't seem that hard to get real damn good. Within about 50 attempts I got the one I'm using now which is dex+6, acc+25, att+40, dual wield +2, which is working out perfect for the moment cuz I don't have adhemar body yet so using it + eabani has me sitting right at 36.

Compare that to the difficulty of getting the like 6 different suggested wsd+5 along with the right stats on various others it seems crazy to suggest overlooking herc because of rarity of aguments on a tp head.
By Afania 2018-12-13 16:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Well but the thing is you can get dex+10 acc+40 att+25 ta+4. Or acc25/att40. (or maybe both 40? not sure if it can go to 6 slots)

He just listed what it takes to equal everything but the crit dmg, not how high it can actually get.

And while yeah it's gonna take some luck to get close to perfect, it doesn't seem that hard to get real damn good. Within about 50 attempts I got the one I'm using now which is dex+6, acc+25, att+40, dual wield +2, which is working out perfect for the moment cuz I don't have adhemar body yet so using it + eabani has me sitting right at 36.

Compare that to the difficulty of getting the like 6 different suggested wsd+5 along with the right stats on various others it seems crazy to suggest overlooking herc because of rarity of aguments on a tp head.

One advantage that crit hit dmg is that it adds more dmg if attack is capped, but attack can't.

In the case of wsd, there are simply no easy alternative like adhemar. So it makes more sense to suggest getting wsd on herc, otherwise you would use head from SR for 3% wsd, which is still lower than herc anyways.

But in terms of tp it makes a lot more sense to aim for adhemar, it's only 13m and it's also bis for crit hit ws. Besides dm The only viable sidegrade for tp head that I know of is Dampening tam with max Aug.
By SimonSes 2018-12-13 16:19:26
Link | Citer | R

What exactly you did to get those results? AFAIK you added custom mab to simulate high WS avg with malaise, but have you added at least frality? Whatever I do in this sheet, Im getting path A wining in overall DPS.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-13 16:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I Forgot swords exist.

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Need something that will survive for like 3min and ideally not do any debuffs. I don't think anything exist regrettably
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-13 16:33:08
Link | Citer | R

What exactly you did to get those results? AFAIK you added custom mab to simulate high WS avg with malaise, but have you added at least frality? Whatever I do in this sheet, Im getting path A wining in overall DPS.

which sheet are you using? https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52018/luck-of-the-draw-a-corsairs-guide-new/27/#3385357 is the one where I added FUA.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-13 16:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Yea, I Forgot swords exist.

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Need something that will survive for like 3min and ideally not do any debuffs. I don't think anything exist regrettably

Intuila (UNM) maybe? I only remember stun and self-cures with that thing..
By Afania 2018-12-13 16:37:36
Link | Citer | R

No he didn't, to simulate the fact that in leaden setups cor are less likely to cap attack.

Also the original spreadsheet has glitch that fua doesn't work.
By SimonSes 2018-12-13 17:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, looks like according to sheet even with high attack path B seems to win. I stand corrected. I have one question tho. Does sheet simulate return TP form WS correctly? Because the tp gain that B has over A is minimal (afaik around 4.5%) and 25 STP on WS is very significant. So is sheet simulate starting from TP after WS, or from 0?
By Afania 2018-12-13 17:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, looks like according to sheet even with high attack path B seems to win. I stand corrected. I have one question tho. Does sheet simulate return TP form WS correctly? Because the tp gain that B has over A is minimal (afaik around 4.5%) and 25 STP on WS is very significant. So is sheet simulate starting from TP after WS, or from 0?

It should consider tp gain after ws, if you add more stp in custom tab for ws but not tp then overall dps will increase. Since stp doesn't add dmg to ws itself, it proves tp return after ws is considered.
By Timmm 2018-12-13 17:37:25
Link | Citer | R

But in terms of tp it makes a lot more sense to aim for adhemar, it's only 13m and it's also bis for crit hit ws. Besides dm The only viable sidegrade for tp head that I know of is Dampening tam with max Aug.

So basically if we ignore difficulty of obtaining, ta4 Herc with dex+10 acc+40/att+25 or acc+25/att+40 would win out if not capped on either acc or att, and if capped on both adhemar will win?
 Asura.Trumpet
Serveur: Asura
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-13 18:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
unless it's proven that mdmg doesn't work offhand.
Well unless SE ninja'd it last update or two then I can say whomever posted that was talking out their ***.

Yeah I just tested it, person on reddit was dead wrong, mdmg absolutely works in offhand. Sorry for the confusion there!
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-12-13 19:40:04
Link | Citer | R

I would assume everything on Reddit that isn't said on here is wrong. There are people there that think Gale and Bora Axe are elemental WS, lol
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-16 00:05:07
Link | Citer | R

So I've been trying ambuscade VD this month and seeing if optimal builds this month changed to something different from last year.

It seems that with TS Armageddon AM3 + 99999 last stand(or savage if you can't land ranged ws and main hand sword) spam is still the way to go, more so this year because the power of QS hands and generally higher racc in TS set making such build even more powerful than last year. It's easily over 100k dmg entire round:

In terms of ws frequency as long as TS is reset and full timed, I did come out with higher ws frequency on parse than other DDs because ws during PD or less shadow recast(hate doesn't bounce to cor as often with Ra because of high delay). Overall I think with this DD style cor is somewhat competitive to rema mnk.

Some people still prefer savage blade for easy to land melee ws in VD. In that case it's more ideal to use woc gun for additional crit dmg since savage will be 99999 without tp bonus magian.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-16 03:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Decided to tweak Armageddon tp set for this month's ambuscade because ws will cap at 99999 no matter what, so I removed all the stp piece for crit hit rate or agi, since tp overflow doesn't seem to do much. Basically it's different from normal am3 tp set.

ItemSet 363801
Crit rate+10% ambu back.

The ws doesn't matter, it's possible to tp with an Armageddon and use melee ws like savage blade. So it's more ideal to pick main hand/ws based on other pt member ws or acc needs. However I did notice evis are less likely to hit dmg cap than savage.

Speaking of which, this made me wonder if people bring Armageddon rng to ambuscade and just DD by shooting frontline like cor..... Armageddon is truly a beast this month, lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-12-16 07:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Awesome Afania. Have you tested your DP with the crit set? Im interested to see how it contends with more shots having a chance to crit.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-12-16 10:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys does anyone know what the max dmg+ on Holliday is? I've finally managed to get one over the weekend and I'm looking to make it my last stand gun currenty im using a Doomsday witu dmg+20 racc+20 snapshot+3. I already have another Doomsday with agi+23 MAB+19 WSD+7 for Leaden and WF so I don't need any magical stats on it.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-12-16 10:07:47
Link | Citer | R

BG has all the info you need for Holliday.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-16 11:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Arma is just a flat out beast, especially once you start the augments for that tasty str and agi. It's by far my favorite weapon these days when I can get away with it.

AM3 plus a crit rate set.... savage.
By Afania 2018-12-16 11:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Im interested to see how it contends with more shots having a chance to crit.

Huh? Arma will have more chance to crit because higher agi on gun=higher dAGI for crit rate.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-12-16 12:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »

Tyvm I was looking on the page for the gun and didn't find much.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-12-16 16:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Im interested to see how it contends with more shots having a chance to crit.

Huh? Arma will have more chance to crit because higher agi on gun=higher dAGI for crit rate.

What I ment was have you tested DP with a crit setup? I'm wondering how often you can get a crit with AM3 up? Guess I don't know what a double dmg crit would look like. maybe rogues roll in there since WS is 99k anywho
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-12-17 00:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Have you had an issues with getting owned with ranged animation lock while blink tanking? Kind of feared that and have been going with melee+Last Stand the couple times I wasn't kiting.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 121 122 123