Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-10-23 01:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ryoshisan said: »
And, to be clear - Path A, Double Damag also applies to WS's? And Path B - follow up attacks - does that also apply to WS's as well?

No. None of them apply to ws.

Path A: shooting, or swap in for amnesia. Generally I swap it in if amnesia last 30 sec and swap it out when it's 6 sec left so I get 1000 tp again as soon as it wears.

Until spreadsheet FUA fixed idk if path a is better for amnesia or B though. Since both are white dmg increase.

Path B: main hand melee tp for ranged/dagger ws.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ryoshisan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: ryoshi
By Bahamut.Ryoshisan 2018-10-23 01:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Perfect! Tyvm for the answers! That really helps me with the decision on which paths aside from C -

By the way - how much more does Phantom Roll +8 does vs. 7 from the regal neck?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-23 01:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Roll Note
Ninja Roll +2 per +1
Blitzers Roll -1 per +1
Hunters Roll +5 per +1
Gallant Roll +2.4% per +1
Chaos Roll +3% per +1
Evoker's Roll +1 per +1
Healer's Roll +1% per 1
Samurai Roll +4 per +1
Tactians Roll +2tp per +1
Corsair's Roll +2 per +1
Misers Roll +15 per +1
Casters Roll +3% per +1
Fighters Roll +1% per +1
Companions Roll +1HP/Tick +5TP/Tick per +1
Allies Roll +1% Per +1
Beasts Roll +3% per +1
Wizards Roll +2MAB per +1
Drachen Roll +5 Acc per +1
Puppet Roll +3 Mab per 1
Monks Roll +4 per 1
Magus Roll +2 MDB per 1
Rogues Roll +1% per +1
[+]
 Bahamut.Ryoshisan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: ryoshi
By Bahamut.Ryoshisan 2018-10-23 01:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Great chart! Tyvm
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-23 09:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Roll Note
Ninja Roll +2 per +1
Blitzers Roll -1 per +1
Hunters Roll +5 per +1
Gallant Roll +2.4% per +1
Chaos Roll +3% per +1
Evoker's Roll +1 per +1
Healer's Roll +1% per 1
Samurai Roll +4 per +1
Tactians Roll +2tp per +1
Corsair's Roll +2 per +1
Misers Roll +15 per +1
Casters Roll +3% per +1
Fighters Roll +1% per +1
Companions Roll +1HP/Tick +5TP/Tick per +1
Allies Roll +1% Per +1
Beasts Roll +3% per +1
Wizards Roll +2MAB per +1
Drachen Roll +5 Acc per +1
Puppet Roll +3 Mab per 1
Monks Roll +4 per 1
Magus Roll +2 MDB per 1
Rogues Roll +1% per +1

Should stickie this somewhere, maybe in OP!
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-25 07:10:22
Link | Citer | R

I gave a shot at getting FUA mainhand to work in spreadsheet. Didn't mess with interaction with Mythic proc because not sure how it would work out if it did exist. I verified the new multi strike hit values with a simple python script so I think its working.

One thing I was unsure of is how in game or in spreadsheet it calculates attacks when you hit 8 attack round cap(FUA+QAMH+QAOH is 9hits), but the occurrence rate is small.

Spreadsheet

I have not done a ton of in depth testing of gearsets with path B but so far I'm getting for melee+leaden:
RostamB+Rostam > RostamA+Rostam > RostamB+blurred+1 > RostamA+Blurred+1. distance between best and worst is about 5 to 6% depending on buffs. The Mdmg on Rostam seems to be adding ~2k to Leaden on offhand
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-25 09:38:36
Link | Citer | R

How does FUA work? Is it like OA2 or instead does it add another attack round without delay for your main hand weapon? Would that follow up attack be subject to QA, TA, DA, etc.?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-25 09:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
How does FUA work? Is it like OA2 or instead does it add another attack round without delay for your main hand weapon? Would that follow up attack be subject to QA, TA, DA, etc.?
It adds an additional swing to the end of any existing swings. So, unlike OA2 or similar, you can DA and FUA on the same swing. You cannot DA/TA/QA on the FUA.

So, FUA gives a chance of turning a single hit into 2, a double attack into 3, etc.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-25 09:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Should stickie this somewhere, maybe in OP!

Sure, if people will confirm some of the missing info (confirmed most of it from BG), I wouldn't mind adding the following somewhere in the guide:

Node 327
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-25 09:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
It adds an additional swing to the end of any existing swings. So, unlike OA2 or similar, you can DA and FUA on the same swing. You cannot DA/TA/QA on the FUA.

So, FUA gives a chance of turning a single hit into 2, a double attack into 3, etc.

Cool, thanks
By Afania 2018-10-25 10:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Scholars roll has info
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Scholar%27s_Roll

I can probably test avenger since they are easier to test than snapshot...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-10-25 11:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Sure, if people will confirm some of the missing info (confirmed most of it from BG), I wouldn't mind adding the following somewhere in the guide:
Since almost all of those numbers are from me (re)testing there were a lot of mistakes before I doubt many have any more info.

100% I can say Warlocks is all wrong. The numbers listed are from SE a few years ago but then later they listed it got changed along with other rolls. If I had to guess it probably lines up with hunter's Roll. Technically Runeist's Roll is all unconfirmed too the numbers are a copy of Ninja's.

Also to note since I see people sharing Balloon's list they had some bad values posted here on FFXIAH but then had them correct ones in Roll Tracker(he is the Author of it, I just took it over when he stop up dating it.) and vice versa.

Edit: Though it's funny the person who copied Ninja's info into Runeist's with the note it was just copied from Ninja's didn't realize that Ninja's Roll got a buff the very same update it came out... and no one updated it for 2 years. While it probably does mirror it. It would be wrong with Ninja's old values.
[+]
By jahn 2018-10-25 16:49:19
Link | Citer | R

So, I noticed that Epaminonda's Ring is in the Dream Tier for the 3 WS's, now, my COR is not "dream" tier but has a few pieces from mid and a few from dream and I have access to both dingir and epaminonda (friends who let me borrow it for testing)

In my testing I only tested leaden, because it's all my alt is really geared for at the moment and with Dingir/Archon she was 31063 damage consistently on the worms outside of Bastok.

I then replaced Dingir with Epaminonda and my damage dropped to 30748 consistently.

I then replaced Archon with Epaminonda and put Dingir back in its original slot and my damage went up to 31048, still less than Dingir/Archon.

My current leaden set is Hepatizon Rapier, Nusku shield, Compensator Type: D, Eminent Bullet, Pixie Hairpin +1, Sanctity Necklace, Hecate's Earring, Moldavite Earring, Laksamana's Frac +3 (torsoshards too damn expensive and no luck on drops from dyna yet), Carmine Finger Gauntlets +1 Type: D, Dingir Ring, Archon Ring, Camulus's Mantle AGI/MACMD/MD/WSD, Sveltesse Gouriz +1, Herculean Trousers (str+3 macc+15 mab+10 wsd+5) and finally Lanun Bottes +2

I haven't really done tests like these in many many years, so I'm unsure if there's any flaws in my testing?
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-25 18:38:37
Link | Citer | R

I just ran the sets through the Leaden calculator, and with just gear (no weather, no buffs, on a non-evasive target), I get Dingir winning, too.

That could change under a lot of MAB/AGI buffs, tho.

I also get Commodore Charm +1 and +2 beating Baeytl for both WF and Leaden.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-10-25 18:50:09
Link | Citer | R

The NQ necks wins by about 200 DMG for me but I also refined the formula Afania was using in my copy to be almost perfect with ingame numbers. Well I only ran it for Leaden I guess.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-26 00:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »
RostamB+Rostam > RostamA+Rostam > RostamB+blurred+1 > RostamA+Blurred+1. distance between best and worst is about 5 to 6% depending on buffs. The Mdmg on Rostam seems to be adding ~2k to Leaden on offhand

Is this the result of low pdif or high? I'm assuming your pdif is fairly high too, and malaise isn't up. If that's the case can you try low pdif + super mage buff situation?
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-26 00:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Is this the result of low pdif or high? I'm assuming your pdif is fairly high too, and malaise isn't up. If that's the case can you try low pdif + super mage buff situation?

I haven't had a lot of time since implemented it but was doing low attack situations mainly, the gap is smaller when near pdif cap. Malaise isnt implemented in the spreadsheet or am i blind?

Was looking at trying to change how wsdmg is added but spreadsheet ws calc is a hotmess.
By Afania 2018-10-26 00:55:12
Link | Citer | R

I haven't had a lot of time since implemented it but was doing low attack situations mainly, the gap is smaller when near pdif cap. Malaise isnt implemented in the spreadsheet or am i blind?

Was looking at trying to change how wsdmg is added but spreadsheet ws calc is a hotmess.

I just manually add mage buffs like mab until leaden avg roughly on par with malaise to simulate leaden avg with strong mage buffs.

The reason why I'm asking is because how white dmg:magic ws ratio change may favor certain gear combo. The more weight magic dmg has (low attack, high mage buff), the less relevant white dmg is and tp speed may end up having more weight, and vice versa.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-26 00:58:57
Link | Citer | R

'm asking is because how white dmg:magic ws ratio change may favor certain gear combo. The more weight magic dmg has (low attack, high mage buff), the less relevant white dmg is and tp speed may end up ha

yea most the stuff i did had spreadsheet leaden at 30 to 40k, so push it to around 60 to 99k?
By Afania 2018-10-26 01:07:05
Link | Citer | R

'm asking is because how white dmg:magic ws ratio change may favor certain gear combo. The more weight magic dmg has (low attack, high mage buff), the less relevant white dmg is and tp speed may end up ha

yea most the stuff i did had spreadsheet leaden at 30 to 40k, so push it to around 60 to 99k?

If you spam as soon as 1000 tp, 60 to 99k is the number with bolster, but sure it's nice to see if optimal gear changes with bolster+gambit.
By Afania 2018-10-26 01:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
I just ran the sets through the Leaden calculator, and with just gear (no weather, no buffs, on a non-evasive target), I get Dingir winning, too.

That could change under a lot of MAB/AGI buffs, tho.

I ran the number weeks ago with mab buffs, can't get epaminonda winning for leaden as well.

For savage it barely beats regal unless attack is absolutely capped too, it's so screwed up because of stp- stat on it. IMO Epaminonda's Ring is just overrated over priced piece of niche gear.....

/tears
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-26 02:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Here is what I got with boosting leaden to ~60k and no attack buffs. rostamB+blurred pulled ahead of RostamA+Rostam.

Forgot to post this earlier but this is janky python script i wrote really quick to test spreadsheet values.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-26 09:04:08
Link | Citer | R

that is a very janky script when you can just take your average hits per round before FUA and just add 0.5 to it. i still don’t know why people are over complicating it
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-26 09:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Here is what I got with boosting leaden to ~60k and no attack buffs. rostamB+blurred pulled ahead of RostamA+Rostam.

Forgot to post this earlier but this is janky python script i wrote really quick to test spreadsheet values.
Just Curious. Why Chrono Bullets with a Death Penalty and Calculating Leaden Damage?
By Afania 2018-10-26 10:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Darkside said: »

Just Curious. Why Chrono Bullets with a Death Penalty and Calculating Leaden Damage?

That's tp set, so it doesn't matter.
By Afania 2018-10-26 10:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I was pretty surprised that blurred couldn't beat Rostam even at low white high ws avg situations. But since it beats rostam A combo but not B, I guess it has something to do with FUA itself.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-26 14:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
that is a very janky script when you can just take your average hits per round before FUA and just add 0.5 to it. i still don’t know why people are over complicating it

I wanted to match the part of the spreadsheet I was editing not getting average attacks per round. It was just 10min throw away code, and remembering python 2.0 type conversion was longest part.

I linked TP sets to show melee dmg. WS set was

Had to throw in about 325 mab to get WS dmg up to high buff mage setup situation.

Thanks, I was pretty surprised that blurred couldn't beat Rostam even at low white high ws avg situations. But since it beats rostam A combo but not B, I guess it has something to do with FUA itself.

From what I can tell its the leaden dmg.
Blurred+1 is 2.4 rounds/ws, 1778 avg TP, and 63332 Leaden
Rostam off is 2.52 rounds/ws 1767 avg TP, and 66868 Leaden

This is why I was questioning the leaden calc in the spreadsheet.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-26 14:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »

I wanted to match the part of the spreadsheet I was editing not getting average attacks per round. It was just 10min throw away code, and remembering python 2.0 type conversion was longest part.

I linked TP sets to show melee dmg. WS set was

Had to throw in about 325 mab to get WS dmg up to high buff mage setup situation.

From what I can tell its the leaden dmg.
Blurred+1 is 2.4 rounds/ws, 1778 avg TP, and 63332 Leaden
Rostam off is 2.52 rounds/ws 1767 avg TP, and 66868 Leaden

This is why I was questioning the leaden calc in the spreadsheet.

Thanks. It's possible to hit 99999 on wave 3 boss spamming as fast as possible if buffed to the teeth(bolster malaise, gambit, fully augmented DP, food and lucky wizards rolls etc)

I wonder if blurred +1 offhand would win in this case if every ws is capped anyways.

But I think it's safe to conclude Rostam offhand being the best most of time for leaden.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-26 15:44:09
Link | Citer | R

but all of that is not necessary. i assume the spread sheet already calculates average hits per round, so all you'd have to do is make a rule for if cell mainhand is rostam B, to just add an additional 0.5.

No need to check individual values with DA, TA and QA to calculate it like you're trying.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 121 122 123