Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2022-10-30 03:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Lilllith said: »
You labeled your set 2022 melee Last Stand. So I assume you're probably going to be close to a lot of AOE moves, debuffs, magic damage, and physical damage when you get hate. for a meager 3 AGI and extra 1 range attack vs 1 more dt more def, and meva. hands down nyame is better.

Afania said: »
"Better" is subjective, it's all situational.

At any point if you get debuffed

Use Nyame if mob has DPS hindering debuffs then. If mobs don't use debuff then more meva is useless.

Players can always choose to switch accordingly.

Also extra damage by magic or physical makes your healer work harder

Realistically, from healer's perspective I fail to see how 1% pdt equals to more "work" unless it's one shot TP move.

If mob hits you for 300 dmg, and 43% pdt reduce it to 201, 44% pdt and some defense reduce it to 195. Realistically does it matter if you take 201 dmg per hit or 195? In the first case I cast one cure to top it off, in the second case I also cast one cure to top it off. The amount of "work" required to top it off is exactly the same.

With how high our curing number is these days, and one cure can generally cure your HP full even in red HP, very small amount of extra damage taken- really doesn't increase that much "work" imo.

It only really make a difference if there is a TP move that potentially one shot you then a few extra survivability may help you from being one shot. But not all mob has it, so again

"Better" is subjective, it's all situational.

The whole idea of situational is to change priority depending on the content and pt.

If you ever only use 1 set for everything, then sure, use one set with Nyame feet in it. For other people wanting to change sets depending on situations, Nyame feet isn't "better", it one choice only when acc and defense is prioritized.

So I assume you're probably going to be close to a lot of AOE moves,

It's a bold assumption to assume every last stand users only ever melee and never shoot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Elavon
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Elavon
By Ragnarok.Elavon 2022-11-01 19:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Did Orpheus Sash get ninjaremoved from Leaden Salute dream set?
I swear I saw it in there some days ago
 Asura.Sonsuken
Serveur: Asura
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-05 05:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Whats everyone using for a detonator set these days? Trying to clear Arebati v20 and getting it down to like 25% but the dmg just isn't there no matter how I swap around. The rng is doing good but I'm kinda on the low side.
By Afania 2022-11-06 12:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sonsuken said: »

Trying to clear Arebati v20 and getting it down to like 25% but the dmg just isn't there no matter how I swap around. The rng is doing good but I'm kinda on the low side.

How low? I think it's normal that cor lose to rng on v20 because rng is just made to do ranged dmg but cor is support DD.

If your sets are up to date and you feel your DPS is much lower than you should be doing, normally it's because many people frequently don't shoot at max speed by timing /ra on animation. Or not abusing TS/TS reset on recast etc. But without seeing what's happening in fight it's going to be hard to find the main problem.

I am happy to help if you can PM me a video or stream I think. Or you can post them in public so everyone can give you advice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-06 18:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Whats everyone using for a detonator set these days? Trying to clear Arebati v20 and getting it down to like 25% but the dmg just isn't there no matter how I swap around. The rng is doing good but I'm kinda on the low side.

1. COR is gonna be hurting for attack in this fight on V20 much more than RNG is, even with high RP'd Ikenga Gear at your disposal. So much defense against that quad-attacking Faaz is needed, lol. I've tried to close the gap with food, and while I want more +def typically on RNG when I do this fight, I find I can get away with something like Riverfin Soup on COR if I still need some racc.

2. I see a lot of CORs attempt this fight with a Fomalhaut, and while I think it is quite possible, its a lot harder than doing it with Armageddon. Though, if both the RNG and COR are sporting Armas/Annihilator, I do alter the rolls to Rogue/Chaos over the typical SAM/Chaos.

3. RD/WC should be used with the primary purpose of keeping up Doubleshot/Tripleshot as much as humanly possible. COR really can't keep up during those TS-down times, so reducing those is critical.

Most v20 wins I've seen, the dmg split between RNG:COR is around 70:30 split, sometimes spiking around 75:25 with a weaker COR (but still able to get the win), to around 66:33 with stronger CORs. It'll never be even, so don't worry yourself about getting to that point. Just being a constant contributor of damage and squeezing out the little advantages now and then is enough, with a good pair of shooters.
By zixxer 2022-11-07 15:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

1. COR is gonna be hurting for attack in this fight on V20 much more than RNG is, even with high RP'd Ikenga Gear at your disposal. So much defense against that quad-attacking Faaz is needed, lol. I've tried to close the gap with food, and while I want more +def typically on RNG when I do this fight, I find I can get away with something like Riverfin Soup on COR if I still need some racc.

2. I see a lot of CORs attempt this fight with a Fomalhaut, and while I think it is quite possible, its a lot harder than doing it with Armageddon. Though, if both the RNG and COR are sporting Armas/Annihilator, I do alter the rolls to Rogue/Chaos over the typical SAM/Chaos.

3. RD/WC should be used with the primary purpose of keeping up Doubleshot/Tripleshot as much as humanly possible. COR really can't keep up during those TS-down times, so reducing those is critical.

Most v20 wins I've seen, the dmg split between RNG:COR is around 70:30 split, sometimes spiking around 75:25 with a weaker COR (but still able to get the win), to around 66:33 with stronger CORs. It'll never be even, so don't worry yourself about getting to that point. Just being a constant contributor of damage and squeezing out the little advantages now and then is enough, with a good pair of shooters.

Made a club just for 60/40 cors. We have blackjack and strippers.
:)
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-11-07 16:59:06
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Made a club just for 60/40 cors. We have blackjack and strippers.
:)

Would probably be better to team up with the bad rangers that allow that to happen, could call the club the best of both worlds, lazy rng and try hard cors unite.
[+]
By Gasho 2022-11-10 02:23:27
Link | Citer | R

hey guys

what is the best melee tp set

ty
By Lederic 2022-11-15 11:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Question - say as cor/nin in ody c farm and you are using Leaden, is it better to melee tp or triple shot RA tp?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-11-15 11:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Lederic said: »
Question - say as cor/nin in ody c farm and you are using Leaden, is it better to melee tp or triple shot RA tp?

melee
By Afania 2022-11-15 12:16:47
Link | Citer | R

I am just eyeballing C farm videos with no strong parse evidence to support it. But I think if you are using leaden/hot shot, have perfect preshot/TS set and shoot/WS at max speed with no error, with TS up shooting may have a chance to beat melee. Because TS shooting has about the same-ish TP speed as melee in a DT set, but you WS at 1500-2000 TP with TS, and you don't have to move between mobs to position yourself at melee range, nor chase mobs as the tank pull, nor get knock back from puks and lose DPS.

I've found that sometimes my auto target will target the furthest mob and if I'm meleeing, I'd stuck for a sec to switch target again or to walk there. That's DPS loss that shooting doesn't suffer from.

You can try to record your c farm runs and see how often you walk between mobs and not swinging your weapon when you are meleeing. The biggest advantage of shooting is that you can sit at the same spot entire time, shoot, WS, shoot, WS and never need to move an inch.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2022-11-15 12:36:49
Link | Citer | R

I'll suggest "playstyle" for a recognizable safeword for COR as it relates to Ody farming on COR. Fomalhaut/nageling has great synergy. I've gotten in the habit of walking down ~5% auto-attacking, and when auto-target put me on that mob across the zone >_> Last stand/Leaden/ranged WS keeps me in play and can frequently lead to 2step SC. Pure ranged DPS may put you out of range of agas, or get you caught in a squishy set at an unfortunate time. Develop playstyle thats has good syntax that keeps you engaged, and in range of people ur rolling for. Do cool ***, and lean in to COR as it can be played and beat some ***~ Cheers.
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-11-15 12:47:49
Link | Citer | R

I am just eyeballing C farm videos with no strong parse evidence to support it. But I think if you are using leaden/hot shot, have perfect preshot/TS set and shoot/WS at max speed with no error, with TS up shooting may have a chance to beat melee. Because TS shooting has about the same-ish TP speed as melee in a DT set, but you WS at 1500-2000 TP with TS, and you don't have to move between mobs to position yourself at melee range, nor chase mobs as the tank pull, nor get knock back from puks and lose DPS.

I've found that sometimes my auto target will target the furthest mob and if I'm meleeing, I'd stuck for a sec to switch target again or to walk there. That's DPS loss that shooting doesn't suffer from.

You can try to record your c farm runs and see how often you walk between mobs and not swinging your weapon when you are meleeing. The biggest advantage of shooting is that you can sit at the same spot entire time, shoot, WS, shoot, WS and never need to move an inch.

I agree with what Afania said about TS beating melee, but I like to have TS for soloing certain camps, I like knowing TS is off cd if a leaden/HS mob is up next. With TS up you can clear an entire camp solo in about 40-50secs
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-15 12:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Asalith said: »

I agree with what Afania said about TS beating melee, but I like to have TS for soloing certain camps, I like knowing TS is off cd if a leaden/HS mob is up next. With TS up you can clear an entire camp solo in about 40-50secs

This is true. He'll ditch our camp to go Hotshot 99k mobs solo to really pad the parse. But it really is a time saver when he breaks off and can destroy a camp solo concurrently while we work.
[+]
By Lederic 2022-11-15 19:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Other than empy+3 hands, any other piece worth +3ing?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-15 19:53:44
Link | Citer | R

Body without a doubt. Depends how serious you are with COR I guess. Some people don’t even have RA sets
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-15 19:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Every piece is useful.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-15 23:18:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm kind of surprised you're asking if the rest of the set of useful. It's good for a number of things.

Head is a very high rapid shot piece when you're getting flurry. Body triple shot bonus is huge. Legs are a great shooting piece with STP, but you can also just melee in them and benefit from the DT. The feet you were already using for quick draw to enhance successive nukes of the element following elemental shot, but now they come with a large MAB bonus so they are even better. Not including the use for the rolls, the entire set is very good for ranged accuracy and AGI (Higher than malignance, ikenga), which if you want any "shot" at landing your bullets without Hunter's Roll on some of these Basement Sortie Bosses, you're going to need all of it.
[+]
By Lederic 2022-11-16 10:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

Body without a doubt. Depends how serious you are with COR I guess. Some people don’t even have RA sets

Could you share your RA set? Thanks!
By Autherius 2022-11-16 12:43:31
Link | Citer | R

With how good elemental damage is now with the lower bosses in Sortie could someone post their updated quickdraw set - I know feet should be the +3 Empy now, not sure of any other changes.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-16 12:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Autherius said: »
With how good elemental damage is now with the lower bosses in Sortie could someone post their updated quickdraw set - I know feet should be the +3 Empy now, not sure of any other changes.

Use empy feet if procing for damage +
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2022-11-19 09:50:37
Link | Citer | R

odd question, but i cant get gearinfo to show. Does building flourish increase ranged attack also or just melee att?
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2022-11-22 07:27:49
Link | Citer | R

bumping last post, and wondering if i should keep my lua set up for hotshot using my wildfire set?
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-11-22 08:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Building flourish does work with ranged attack
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-22 08:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
bumping last post, and wondering if i should keep my lua set up for hotshot using my wildfire set?

Currently I'm using this, which is different to Wildfire

sets.precast.WS['Hot Shot'] = {
ammo="Chrono Bullet",
head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
body={ name="Nyame Mail", augments={'Path: B',}},
hands="Chasseur's Gants +3",
legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
feet="Lanun Bottes +3",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Dingir Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}
[+]
 Asura.Sonsuken
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-26 11:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Hot shot good for anything other than undead in c and you using arma for it?
By Masunasu 2022-11-26 12:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Bird-esque things, Colibri, Puk, Vultures, Bats. I use it on Qutrubs as well since I think 2 cap WS kill anyways but if it didn't WF > WF with SC damage might be better. I think Fomal is best due to TP bonus.
 Asura.Sonsuken
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-26 12:12:44
Link | Citer | R

I ask cause Im not getting these mega numbers like others using this in c with sets posted so Im wondering if tp numbers are off or weapons.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-26 12:33:40
Link | Citer | R

I even use it on skeles in ody C hotshot moves the needle big time !
 Asura.Sonsuken
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-11-26 12:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
I even use it on skeles in ody C hotshot moves the needle big time !

Dropping at 2250 tp?
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 121 122 123