Luck Of The Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 121 122 123
By Hopalong 2022-10-18 11:11:59
Link | Citer | R

All good. I was talking about Fomal bullet mainly also. And if you have Fomalhaut, then the gun is pretty good physical ranged so Arma isn't so crucial especially when you don't have DP yet.
By Lunaz 2022-10-18 12:34:26
Link | Citer | R

sadly i dont have a aeonics group on phoenix of forma would be my stand in as i worked both ranged mythics,my goals for both jobs is fully ranged dmg, i know that both can make insane savage builds.
(yes i know its a cor forum but we dont exactly have a rng / cor combined forum)
By Hopalong 2022-10-18 12:45:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
forma would be my stand in
^^
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-10-18 14:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
Yes everyone would love the gun and use it properly but would you make it before DP (cor forum) which was the question.

That's.... not the question that was asked. COR forum or not, they asked specifically in the context of working on both COR and RNG:

Lunaz said: »
so, i am working on both RNG and COR would you consider Armageddon worth getting or saving to eventually do both death penalty and gastro.

To me, for someone who is working on BOTH jobs, I'd go Arma first before grinding out a Mythic on each. Arma is good at everything and works for both jobs, and you can get up and running much faster (easiest Empy NM path, any Mythic is a massive grind).

Even once you have every option, Arma isn't going to be obsolete so you shouldn't feel it's "only a placeholder". It's probably my most used gun on RNG these days, and it's up there on COR. Lately, Arma white damage builds are really doing well on common ranged strats for more current content (e.g., Arebati, ranged-focused Ambuscades, etc.).

Arma's boatload of AGI makes it good for any marksmanship WS, and the bullets are fine (the Macc is particularly helpful on magical WS, 2nd best bullet choice behind COR-only Living Bullets). Ideally you'd also want a Fomalhaut eventually, more for its bullets for both jobs when doing physical damage. Get that when you can, but I know that Aeonics can actually be the hardest REMA to obtain for some people without a solid Aeonic group (or access to Aeonic merc groups, which just aren't a thing on some non-Asura servers). Sometimes Fomal is also better for Last Stand oriented fights, but even having both, Arma + Chrono Bullets often wins on those same fights with weaker WS and much stronger white damage (especially true for RNG with Hover Shot).

I mean, they all have their niche. There are gonna be situations where Gastra or DP are definitively #1. But even in those scenarios, Arma is a very solid performer. Arma (and Fomalhaut) are safe choices for any situation. Gastra and DP are great for their particular niche, but when you run into a fight that is not as well suited for magical damage they have a bigger drop-off.

TL;DR - collect 'em all eventually, but starting with Armageddon makes a whole lot of sense to me.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-18 14:40:56
Link | Citer | R

for me personally DP was/in one of the most fun parts of FFXI. Leaden is an absolute blast to use. It was fun grinding JP doing 99k/99k melted mobs and moving forward has had its place in many strategies including Dynamis D, Ambuscade, Odyssey and even Sortie and modern day ML camps.

Some of my mythics sit on the shelf and collect dust Gastra included, but not my Death Penalty

I actually made Armageddon just for the bullets
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-18 15:22:47
Link | Citer | R

I tried DP once... Very weird... Walked funny for weeks and now my wife doesn't want to talk to me
[+]
By trinironnie 2022-10-19 15:50:33
Link | Citer | R

For herc hands what is better,

M.ACC +4 M.ATT +10 WSD +4

or

AGI +10 M.ACC +16 M.ATT +16
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-19 15:54:30
Link | Citer | R

trinironnie said: »

or

For doing what with?

But also likely Carmine Fin. Ga. +1
[+]
By trinironnie 2022-10-19 16:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »

or

For doing what with?

But also likely Carmine Fin. Ga. +1
Leaden
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-19 16:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Leaden
Carmine Fin. Ga. +1
[+]
By trinironnie 2022-10-19 16:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Leaden
Carmine Fin. Ga. +1

Thxs -
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-10-20 08:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Planning to work on finishing Armageddon soon. Looking for an updated critical hit set focused on playing Cor vs Arebati V20.

This is what I came up with, feedback is appreciated;

ItemSet 387696

Focus was on rate over a couple swaps o critical hit damage as I've noticed removing fetters can be an issue.
[+]
By Afania 2022-10-20 08:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »

Focus was on rate over a couple swaps o critical hit damage as I've noticed removing fetters can be an issue.

If this is the case, I suggest you build max crit rate set when fetters pop, then a normal max white dmg set for situations that AM3 is up but fetter isn't to maximize the dmg.

Strategy wise Idk if prioritizing proc over dmg is ideal tbh, but it's up to your group I guess.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-20 09:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

If this is the case, I suggest you build max crit rate set when fetters pop, then a normal max white dmg set for situations that AM3 is up but fetter isn't to maximize the dmg.

Strategy wise Idk if prioritizing proc over dmg is ideal tbh, but it's up to your group I guess.

Agreed. Not to mention of all the A3's, Arebati's fetters are probably the easiest to live thru for a RUN tank properly ready for it. I've had several Arebati wins where a 2nd or 3rd proc was needed that we just never got, yet were able to push thru over half of his HP with fetters still up and win.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-10-20 11:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

ItemSet 387698

Of these options? Not sure the Adhermar Path C is worth it, but grabbing more ranged attack and Crit Damage.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-20 11:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Dead Aim on Meghanada Visor +2 is much better then Adhemar.
SU3 feet too
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-10-20 12:09:06
Link | Citer | R

SU3 feet too

Seems this would be the final product, or close to hit. Atleast it gives me a goal. while upgrading arma.

ItemSet 387698
[+]
By Afania 2022-10-20 14:59:14
Link | Citer | R

SU3 feet too

Seems this would be the final product, or close to hit. Atleast it gives me a goal. while upgrading arma.

ItemSet 387698

From my experience playing with spreadsheet, COR's Arma am3 set isn't as simple as finding gears with the highest crit in every slot. WS dmg is still important, as a cor the white dmg/ws dmg ratio will scew towards WS dmg probably more than rng.

Therefore, if you completely ignore STP the result isn't going to be that good if WS dmg is gimped.

Case to the point, using your set I am getting 2988 DPS with capped attack on WoC, and 1309 DPS with uncapped attack.

Change your hand to Rostam A, neck to iskur, body to Nisroch and waist to gerdr+1, I am getting 3281 DPS capped and 1474 uncapped. Which is significant increase.

Further more, rattk is also important for white dmg which people often missed. Changing hand/legs/feet to Ikenga r20 gives me 1490 DPS if attack is uncapped.

^ above is all the same buffs.

Personally, for the sake of being easy, I'd just TP in megh+2 head(this is not skippable in an am3 set) and Ikenga body/hand/legs/feet for the additional enmity-. Ikenga r25 is like 5dps lower than Nisroch but with higher defensive stats and enmity- so it's not really make or break to tp in Nisroch but the choice is yours.

And of course this is for TS down and not trying to proc for fetter removal. TS up uses a different set of course.

PS: if you are wsing in wildfire not last stand, then the AM3 set is different too, as STP does nothing to it.
[+]
By Dukie585 2022-10-22 12:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have an updated spreadsheet they are willing to share? Much appreciated.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2022-10-22 12:49:39
Link | Citer | R

So I do not have them yet to test but Empy +3 hands the new SB.LS hands?
By Serjero 2022-10-22 13:54:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
So I do not have them yet to test but Empy +3 hands the new SB.LS hands?

Depends on buffs and content. The Empy lacks raw attack and MAB for Savage, Leaden, WF, and Hot Shot considerations.

The difference between Empy +3 and Nyame R25 is +11 STR, +4 MND, +2 WSD +22 acc, vs +60 Att, +4 DA for Savage.

For WF/Leaden it's +14 AGI +2 WSD +22 Macc vs +30 MAB

For Last Stand or other phys RNG WS Enpy+3 definitely should win.
[+]
By Homsar 2022-10-27 00:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Presumably no Tact Roll upgrade on the +3 Body?
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2022-10-29 08:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Question on Last Stand. Is the guide up to date on sstand sets? I see some cors doin higher numbers but they keeping the gearsets an absolute secret. I tried to test but not sure where to start for gears. Wondering now that I have xeivoso v25 if any of thats worth rp'n for Last Stand. I know its not a wow ws but people are gettin better numbers than the guide gear, they just don't share info.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-29 10:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Here is my set, hands will be empy+3 when I get around to upgrading them
Code
  sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'] = {ammo=gear.WSbullet,   head="Nyame Helm",
    body="Laksa. Frac +3",
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Lanun Bottes +3",
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    ear1="Moonshade Earring",
    ear2="Telos Earring",
    left_ring="Regal Ring",
    right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
    back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}
sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'].AttackCap = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'], {ear2="Ishvara Earring",body="Ikenga's Vest",left_ring="Karieyh Ring +1"}) 
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-10-29 11:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Here is my set, hands will be empy+3 when I get around to upgrading them
Code
  sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'] = {ammo=gear.WSbullet,   head="Nyame Helm",
    body="Laksa. Frac +3",
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Lanun Bottes +3",
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    ear1="Moonshade Earring",
    ear2="Telos Earring",
    left_ring="Regal Ring",
    right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
    back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}
sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'].AttackCap = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Last Stand'], {ear2="Ishvara Earring",body="Ikenga's Vest",left_ring="Karieyh Ring +1"}) 

What are folks' thoughts on Karieyh (nq) vs. Dingir ring in place of Epaminondas? Don't have one yet, and at a glance it seems like Dingir ought to win out (for physical ranged WS, anyway). Karieyh vs. Dingir is WSD+3% vs. AGI+10 R.Atk+25
By Afania 2022-10-29 13:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sonsuken said: »
Question on Last Stand. Is the guide up to date on sstand sets?

No.

Asura.Sonsuken said: »
I see some cors doin higher numbers but they keeping the gearsets an absolute secret.

It's quick to jump into the conclusion that if your number is lower than another guy it's all gearset's fault. Double checking my spreadsheet the sets posted in the guide is only 7% behind in uncapped situations and 5% in capped situations. If the difference is so huge to the point that you can eyeball it, I bet it's different problem and I'd fix them first.

Your party setup will affect your dmg numbers, if you have rdm/DNC/geo/bst in the party your number will be higher and vice versa.

It is also affected by whether you and your teammates are keeping up with dia3/armor break/box step/light shot.

Of course, ML will make a difference too.

Once all the factors add up the difference is easily 10% or 20% or more, even if your gearset is identical.

Keep in mind that fomalhaut doesn't have the attack boost from naegling, so you really need to boost your pdif high with party buffs to see good results.

Another thing worth mentioning, some people may WS too slow, so they WS at higher tp than 1000. This will increase their WS avg but not their actual DPS. So I wouldn't just eyeball people's WS avg and jump into conclusions. Their "higher number" may not even be higher DPS.

Playing with spreadsheet this is what I get for now(attack capped):
ItemSet 387900

Sortie Earring has AGI+7 on it, everything r25. I can't get pdl to work so I left out Sroda ring for now.

Using single wield here since someone mentioned Xevioso, and it's not like this WS has much use outside of Xevioso or shooting anyways. /Shrug.

If you are meleeing and WS at 1000 TP, I am getting r25 Ikenga body beating laksa+3/Nyame r25 and lanun +3 thanks to the TP bonus.

However, if you are shooting TS up with 5/5 TS set + STP accessories and fomalhaut, I am getting Laksa +3 winning if attack is capped and Nyame r25 winning if attack is uncapped, due to TS proc pushing your TP to 2000+ and making TP bonus from Ikenga worthless.

Answering the question about the rings, I am getting karieyh ring +1 beating Epa, but the difference is like 2-3 DPS. So if you picked a different SoA ring, feel free to use Epa.

If attack is uncapped, I am getting regal beating all wsd rings, and lanun +3 head beating Nyame.

If you don't have +2 earring, Ishvara seems to be the 2nd best most of the time, unless your attack is really really low.

Despite a lot of conditional swaps are mentioned above, none of the conditional swaps makes a huge difference. Small amount of stat change doesn't have that much improvement from what I've seen. So if some of your gear choice isn't absolutely optimal, you aren't going to notice it easily anyways.

I think If your TS is up, and you are standing at the true shot range with capped TS set, shooting for last stand may beat melee for last stand slightly as long as you are shooting at max speed and getting hit in preshot set doesn't get you killed. However I don't have enough actual parse data to confirm that, you'll have to collect the data yourself.

On a sidenote, on my spreadsheet SB/naegling build is about 43% ahead using the same single wield TP set before adding attack bonus. So if you are used to SB OP numbers, don't expect Last stand hitting anywhere close. This WS doesn't improve as much as hot shot and SB in the past 6 years unfortunately.
[+]
By Lilllith 2022-10-29 14:43:33
Link | Citer | R

nyame feet still better than relic feet because of the extra dt especially if ur meleeing. you also get more racc
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-10-29 15:17:05
Link | Citer | R

You bout to start a war with that take
By Afania 2022-10-29 15:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Lilllith said: »
nyame feet still better than relic feet because of the extra dt especially if ur meleeing. you also get more racc

"Better" is subjective, it's all situational.

You already have 12 DT from Rostam, 8 from legs, 7 from head, which caps magic damage taken.

Nyame Feet DT is 7 but relic feet has 6 pdt, so the real difference is 1 pdt for physical dmg taken and some defense/meva/mdef, which probably doesn't matter in easier content.

Since back has 10% pdt the total pdt with relic feet in the set is 43%, which really isn't low unless you are doing the hardest content.

If you are shooting and add isn't out, then nothing will be hitting you just saying.

It's probably not a huge loss to use Nyame if it's r25(lose 3 AGI), but I wouldn't say it's "better" just because of 1 more pdt- and some stats. It's more like a viable alternative than universally better.
By Lilllith 2022-10-29 22:52:51
Link | Citer | R

You labeled your set 2022 melee Last Stand. So I assume you're probably going to be close to a lot of AOE moves, debuffs, magic damage, and physical damage when you get hate. for a meager 3 AGI and extra 1 range attack vs 1 more dt more def, and meva. hands down nyame is better.

At any point if you get debuffed it can possibly reduce your overall DPS. Also extra damage by magic or physical makes your healer work harder.

So nyame is still better and not subjective. Way more utility. The extra 40 racc will make you ahead in long run too.
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 121 122 123