First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 409 410 411
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-03-14 11:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It means I lost a billion gil by not going and lotting these shitty things to sell to morons today.

Add 1 billion to the tab square owes me for making changes after the fact.

So.... the next set of ANV objectives hits... Aht Urghan, and Abyssea...

Obtain... Jody's Acid
Defeat Glavoid ....
Participate in Besieged
Do "targeting the captain"
"proc" 10 abyssean NMs
eat... um what food was popular sole sushi/Yagudo Drink?

The ones we actually got are even worse than the ones I was thinking.

Soulplates #nope
Besieged
TWO assault related ones #***
Climb Paradomo tor #ohhelltothenope (hello tako)
Beat Maat what the *** does that have to do with abyssea/au
Gukumatz and Voidwalker nms in abyssea #overreaching

Climbing Parradamo Tor is easy. Climbing it with the mimeo stone before it breaks, however, is another story.

(If I messed up any later than at 0:42, I would have failed).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-03-14 12:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Also soulplates are super easy spend a few minutes and have enough for months. Both assault ones pretty easy and fast these days though the rock one still can be slow
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-03-14 12:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
BLU Subduction to one shot everything is pretty nice
"easy" as in not spending an hour learning one spell
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-14 14:03:45
Link | Citer | R

If you can invest in a mythic but not a few spells, I don't know what to tell you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-14 14:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

I guess bumrush THF to 99, use 5/5 Espial set, a couple Onion Daggers and go ham?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-14 14:26:44
Link | Citer | R

THF has a really hard time killing cerberus (not hard, but hard*)

If effort is the complaint, rdm or nin is the answer.

You need magic, to be efficient, and aeolian w/ minimal set won't be good enough

But I do cerb zone in 12 minutes with only 3 spells used (flutter, sinker and tenebral)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-03-14 14:31:55
Link | Citer | R

If you're planning to run a significant amount of salvage the time differential will probably favor the upfront investment of gearing/prepping a character correctly and getting sub 20min runs (with gear kills) over half-assing a THF or PUP and barely limping through with 35min+ to barely kill HQ boss. It's trivial content but optimization still helps.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-03-14 16:36:32
Link | Citer | R

TLDr:
200 runs to complete (conservative estimate)
200X 35 minutes on thf = 117 hours in salvage
200X 20 minutes on BLU = 66 hours

That leaves you 51 hours for spell farming before THF becomes the more efficient option.
By tyalangan 2018-03-14 16:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
TLDr:
200 runs to complete (conservative estimate)
200X 35 minutes on thf = 117 hours in salvage
200X 20 minutes on BLU = 66 hours

That leaves you 51 hours for spell farming before THF becomes the more efficient option.

150 a run is conservative?
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-03-14 21:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
If you can invest in a mythic but not a few spells, I don't know what to tell you.
It's not that, but hey cool thanks for your opinion anyhow dude. Not getting a spell after an excruciating amount of time is the definition of a ***grind.

I can buy about 7 mythic outright, but sometimes I like to farm it just because when there's nothing else going on.

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

I guess bumrush THF to 99, use 5/5 Espial set, a couple Onion Daggers and go ham?
Tight.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-14 21:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Not getting a spell after an excruciating amount of time is the definition of a ***grind.

Getting one ridiculously powerful and MP efficent AoE BLU spell that's probably the ideal Salvage tool is too much of a grind for a person who's willing to FARM SALVAGE? I would agree with the people who think your position is kinda crazy, but it's your time...

That being said, for someone unwilling to deal with farming BLU spells... BST isn't too bad for fast AoE killing. I occasionally did DNC too, with TH+4 in gear and Aeolian Edge - and a decent DNC can handle all of the bosses easier than many jobs (Fan Dance, Waltzes, Climactic Flourish + WS). Having to engage to WS is a real downer though compared to spells/pets.
By Nyarlko 2018-03-15 10:00:12
Link | Citer | R

The only hard part with learning spells is getting mobs to use the moves you are trying to learn. :/ I'm working on the tailend of the learning grind for the 3rd time in the last 2yrs, and it's rarely actually "bad" or "hard" for any of the trips. Farming Water IV with TH8+ THF takes longer than learning any single spell (on average, barring any of those "R.N.G. hates me" stretches that we all have.) I had to farm 1200JP for BLM just to learn Death, I'd say that's a longer grind than BLU learning. XD

I do recommend farming spells non-solo. Always seems to go a lot faster when you can be certain of killing mobs ASAP after a move is used. Company also helps keep you sane and hating the world at least a little bit less. :3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-15 10:39:09
Link | Citer | R

probably farming on main and letting alt run alongside with servo / multisend for follow

might not want to commit to blu

MNK is a pretty good choice, chakra keeps them alive forever and popping formless on each cerb at the start will guarantee they die before physical resistance gets too bad
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-03-15 11:57:01
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
no, 200 runs is conservative. In reality, it's probably closer to 275, but 200 is a nice round number that easily demonstrates the amount of time wasted on going thf.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-15 12:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Last time I ran Salvage, which was way before all the current upgrades we have, I pulled entire floors and killed them no problem with Aeolian Edge. 275 a run would mean you have to do 109.09 runs for 30k. 200 is 150 runs. Since you can only enter every hour I would much rather take the 109.09 runs if I were to farm all my alex solo.

I mean running salvage with full Meghanada on THF now would be more than easy enough to deal with pulling entire floors. Good enough Aeolian Edge sets for Salvage aren't hard to build either. Maybe I just have more patience though than to subduction everything.

Now you guys making me want to run Salvage lol.
By Boshi 2018-03-15 12:16:06
Link | Citer | R

no, 200 runs is conservative. In reality, it's probably closer to 275, but 200 is a nice round number that easily demonstrates the amount of time wasted on going thf.

200 a run is not conservative.
BS meter flying off the handle
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-15 12:17:19
Link | Citer | R

The only way you get 200 is double linen, every single gear and at least 3 cottons.

Which can happen but for all intents and purposes is impossible.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-15 12:21:58
Link | Citer | R

You guys need some reading comprehension; he said that 200 runs to get 30k alex is conservative, not 200 PER run. His "probably closer to 275" means 110 Alex per run, which is entirely reasonable.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-15 12:22:12
Link | Citer | R

It's even worse when you consider the impossibility of that. If you get only 100 non THF and 150 as THF that would be 300 runs vs 200. These may not be accurate. Just stating if you have a geared THF that can do salvage I recommend doing it as THF personally.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-15 12:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
You guys need some reading comprehension; he said that 200 runs to get 30k alex is conservative, not 200 PER run. His "probably closer to 275" means 110 Alex per run, which is entirely reasonable.

Yeah, I just realized he was talking about runs, not alex. I apologize.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-15 12:24:47
Link | Citer | R

He said 150 A run, which was replied to as 200 runs.

The context was screwed up at that point.

200 runs > 150 a run > 200 a run

it's like a game of telephone.

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
275 a run
Is straight impossible, no matter how you slice it. (technically it's possible to get 99+99+20+20+20+20+32~ but yeah right.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-15 12:31:34
Link | Citer | R

275 a run
Is straight impossible, no matter how you slice it. (technically it's possible to get 99+99+20+20+20+20+32~ but yeah right.

I was just using the numbers I thought he was referring to.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-15 13:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Skip the line, hit up brosale, use code BR74
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-03-15 13:14:29
Link | Citer | R

200 runs IS 150 a run. Can't remember the last time I went and got 150 doing a sub 20min run let alone could AVERAGE that number. Not saying its impossible just saying I've never done it which is why I asked. That as a conservative number seems really high. But I had an apathetic attitude and just went for boss most of the time

275 a run

Context wasn't skewed (I don't think). I think everyone replying (Boshi and Eiryl) understood what I was asking and what killer was responding. I think my 150 may have threw off killer though with his response because he replied with a counter with the same statement just a "no" in front of it. Or I need coffee there's always that option.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-15 13:26:44
Link | Citer | R

200 runs IS 150 a run. Can't remember the last time I went and got 150 doing a sub 20min run let alone could AVERAGE that number. Not saying its impossible just saying I've never done it which is why I asked. That as a conservative number seems really high. But I had an apathetic attitude and just went for boss most of the time
He's saying that 200 runs is a conservative number, not that 150 per run is conservative. If you change the context of what conservative refers to, then whether you call it conservative or not also changes.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-15 13:41:28
Link | Citer | R

I can buy about 7 mythic outright, but sometimes I like to farm it just because when there's nothing else going on.

The argument about total runs required to hit 30k alex/ average haul of alex per run is entertaining and all, but getting back to the OP:
Dude, you're failing to use your toon to farm Salvage and failing to use this forum optimally.
Here, we will debate the smartest, most efficient path to a given objective. But, clearly that is not what you are seeking. By the comment above, all anyone can say is:
Pick whatever job you feel like going as if you are running Salvage to simply waste time between events. If you don't care how you do it, we certainly don't either.
If you have the gil to outright buy even one Mythic, then you must have something geared capable of clearing Salvage during your downtime.
Good luck.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-03-17 22:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zigzagzig said: »
Smn got -delay BP

Pup got - delay manoeuvres + - repair recast

Bst got - sic recast and ready

Drg got nothing on pet breath recast ???????????

thank you SE, we all know you love DRG

loldrg
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-22 06:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Y'all better start selling your moonlight capes immediately. When that update hits and we get 10DT on the cape they won't be worth ***anymore regardless of hp+

Looks like they already aren't worth much selling at 11 already lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-22 06:47:53
Link | Citer | R

They mentioned "defensive augments" in the livefeed, suggesting a 5th general category with defensive augments.

The line they dropped today though is about "job specific" augments.
So I dunno, things might be different from what we were originally expecting, in the end.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 409 410 411