First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-09 15:00:11
Link | Citer | R

So, jump = spirit link?

In theory you could make your wyvern tank anything forever by refilling its hp with jumps/steady wing/ spirit link

It becomes as indestructible as an automaton (and just as bad at holding hate, lol.)
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-03-09 15:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Jump, as in the level 10 job ability Jump... who knows if this means all types of Jump or not.

ジャンプ(じゃんぷ/Jump)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-09 15:07:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'd like to see the direct/official translation of that...

"Jump Flying Dragon's Maximum HP 100%"

Wyvern HP has never said Maximum before. All HP+ gear is max HP.. kinda weird...

Jump? jump.. what? the HP is a post-jump effect? Are we missing a comma? If the lack of a comma was the issue., then jump what? there's no stat following it. Except the WHP+... Use Jump, gain a temp WHP+ buff? I dunno.

The ideal situation would be if this was a call wyvern enhancement. Call while wearing body, permanent wyvern HP+100%. Fulltime bonus. Though I admit this is unlikely. Greatly increased survivability, and if it's fulltime then it can contribute to elemental breath damage as well.

Well. We'll find out once it's out and tested.

It says

"Jump: Wyvern maximum HP 100%"

To expand on this: there is no +, so it makes me think upon using jump with the body equipped, wyverns return to 100% health...

Wow, that's pretty godlike then. Probably only works with Jump/High Jump, like other gear named the same. Either way that is a great effect bonus effect (and incentive to use them). Biggest Risk to DRG is wyvern dying, and you become a weak warrior with polearm. I wouldn't mind occasionally trading Soul/Spirit Jumps for healing my wyvern to full. If this is indeed how it works, this is a very creative and impressive DRG piece indeed!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-09 15:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. Interesting. Although the use of the word maximum is even stranger in that case.

If it works for spirit and soul jump then you'd be constantly full curing the wyvern. Although it would still be a bit different from actual spirit link, as that has additional effects like status removal and regen.

And if it only works for Jump/high jump(like almost all "Jump: x" enhancements, then it's usefulness takes a major hit. The fact that it'd be curing you for something you were doing anyway is a key point. Though you could specifically use jump/high jump to cure as needed at the cost of DPS.

Even if it works on Spirit/Soul, using that body to jump in is definitely a DPS loss... Maybe wyvern HP% rules to decide which body to use... or a toggle. I don't see myself fulltime spirit/soul jumping in it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-09 15:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Jump, as in the level 10 job ability Jump... who knows if this means all types of Jump or not.

ジャンプ(じゃんぷ/Jump)

Spicy's thread shows the inconsistency with the term "Jump" over the years:

Quote:
Jumps and Jump Bonus Gear
Jump bonus gear and the text accompanying it has been inconsistently implemented over the years and does not always work universally.

"Jump: TP Bonus" equipment only affects the first hit of Jump and High Jump.
"Jump: Double Attack" equipment works with all jumps.
"Jump: Accuracy" equipment is assumed to work with all jumps.

Even if it ends up only being for Jump, you get a free wyvern cure that you can use (if needed) every 50 seconds, trading dps for wyvern survivability. With Spirit Link, and Steady Wing, this is the piece that might make wyverns invincible. The piece of gear DRG always needed...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-09 15:18:34
Link | Citer | R

I think I'd rather have a permanent wyvern HP+100%, honestly. Can Dawn Mulsum it up if I need more regular wyvern cures, but there no replacement for the wyvern having 4k+ HP rather than 2k'ish.

But Funkworkz's clarification of the translation makes that pretty obviously not the case.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-09 15:28:40
Link | Citer | R

The reason they will never give our wyverns 4k HP is because of breath attacks are directly involved, and would be broken if the wyvern's HP is doubled. Particularly healing breath. I'm excited to see what it actually does now.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-09 15:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The reason they will never give our wyverns 4k HP is because of breath attacks are directly involved, and would be broken if the wyvern's HP is doubled. Particularly healing breath. I'm excited to see what it actually does now.

Meh it's already possible to get completely filled Hp from healing breath as it is, and elemental breaths are as strong as 1 physical hit from the dragoon, I really don't think even giving the wyvern 10k hp would be that big a difference.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-09 15:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, not so much, I'd say.

Healing breaths already cure more HP than players even have without stacking extra HP gear or buffs. I mean seriously. My HB cures 2.5k right now(without deep breathing.) I don't even have that much HP. If I started to cure 5K, it would make exactly no difference.

As for elemental breaths, we're looking at 1086 dmg if the wyvern is at full HP, and you have all Breath+ gear. Even if you double that, it's peanuts in terms of total DPS. It certainly wouldn't push DRG to top DPS. And that's not even considering breath MACC issues on higher tier content. Players may get super buffed for this stuff, but wyverns get squat.

I think the reason they won't do that, aside from not giving a ***about DRG, would be the survivability aspect. I don't think they want wyverns being as tough as BST pets.

Not that it'd matter if they were, balance wise. It would be hard to abuse. Wyverns don't have the means to keep hate off of, well, anything.(Ele breaths and healing breaths are 0CE actions. They can only melee for hate) You can engage then super jump, but the damage the wyvern takes will inevitable overwhelm their DPS output, and the mob will start bouncing between targeting the DRG and wyvern every melee hit as the wyvern's CE bottoms out. So it's difficult to use them to tank or even hold mobs.

All it would really mean is the DRG not having his DPS screwed by a dead wyvern as often.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-03-09 15:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Breath attacks are the most easily scaled attacks in the game. Double the wyvern's HP and don't want to double breath effects? Cut the HP modifier in half. Problem solved.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-03-09 20:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, within these potential parameters we have here as options, it's not particularly relevant. Even a DRG who invests in the right breath gear...basically the normal stuff plus augmented Acro gear, you are looking at 1300ish breath dmg unresisted damage per weaponskill. So upping it to 2600 from jumping with the new body, while obviously positively impacting DPS, it's not enough to change anything.

There could be some potential Shenaghins if it doesn't wear, though, and stacks on long duration fights. But even at that I can't think of one that matters where it wouldn't be resisted anyway.
By Nyarlko 2018-03-09 21:35:46
Link | Citer | R

They actually spent time explaining the DRG body during the broadcast, so all of these questions are probably already answered (in Japanese.)
By flyingsquirrel 2018-03-09 22:18:21
Link | Citer | R

The japanese says 100%分の追加ダメージ
I would probably translate that in English to

jump: Adds 100% of the wyvern's max HP to the damage...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-09 22:32:32
Link | Citer | R

flyingsquirrel said: »

That's the most logical thing, therefor can't possibly be what square meant.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2018-03-10 02:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yeah, that does make the most sense really... but double Wyvern HP... {Yes please}! With the body being the only main slot that hasn't seen a WHP+ bump up, it would be nice. My HB set would love this if it were an HP boost. Pretty sure a friend of mine on DRK that loves to Burst Drain III and go to 9k+ HP would love it too. Plus I could see instance were if it was the Jump = Wyvern Heal, I could see instances where that could be useful as well. We'll know in a few days for sure.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-03-10 11:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Javarr said: »

Yeah, that does make the most sense really... but double Wyvern HP... {Yes please}! With the body being the only main slot that hasn't seen a WHP+ bump up, it would be nice. My HB set would love this if it were an HP boost. Pretty sure a friend of mine on DRK that loves to Burst Drain III and go to 9k+ HP would love it too. Plus I could see instance were if it was the Jump = Wyvern Heal, I could see instances where that could be useful as well. We'll know in a few days for sure.

Jump serving as a heal for your wyvern would actually make DRG appealing. Hopefully they make some changes in that direction.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 13:00:21
Link | Citer | R

No it wouldn't. I don't have much issue keeping the wyvern alive at all as it is. Aside from instant death moves like Fullers/"10k needles"

DRG needs to have Drakesbane buffed and angon to be a unique debuff that can't be matched.

(and for smn to be nerfed, and mob aoe debuff/damage to be dramatically reduced) to make DRG "appealing"

If there is no specific reason to use it, DRG is just a weaker WAR. Anything short of; Angon lowers enemy defense to 1 (thereby eliminating the NEED for GEO for the majoriy of players) isn't going to change anything.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-11 04:07:26
Link | Citer | R

So.... the next set of ANV objectives hits... Aht Urghan, and Abyssea...

Obtain... Jody's Acid
Defeat Glavoid ....
Participate in Besieged
Do "targeting the captain"
"proc" 10 abyssean NMs
eat... um what food was popular sole sushi/Yagudo Drink?

And, all these just started;
Quote:
Campaign period: Sunday, March 11, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Saturday, March 31, at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
Vagary Campaign
Voidwatch Campaign
Abjuration Dial Campaign
Monster Rearing Campaign
Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign
By flyingsquirrel 2018-03-11 07:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of the campaign that just started. Whereas is best to farm plates / cinders, and was it ever fully discovered if cells affect empty items or just gear?
By Pantafernando 2018-03-11 10:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of the campaign that just started. Whereas is best to farm plates / cinders, and was it ever fully discovered if cells affect empty items or just gear?

About cells, considering only the controversial dev post about this, my interpretion is that at 150% red light you "unlock" the hmp item and further increase will not affect hmp.

That said cells are basically free so just drop some.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-03-11 19:48:08
Link | Citer | R

What's the easiest job to set up for easy Salvage farming? Looking to set up an efficient second box for farming with minimal effort applied.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-11 19:53:55
Link | Citer | R

BLU Subduction to one shot everything is pretty nice
[+]
By Draylo 2018-03-11 23:41:38
Link | Citer | R

I am happy with a free glavoid trial done.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-11 23:45:52
Link | Citer | R

My sparks are spent.

If the rumors come true, R.I.P GAIN EXP. You were made Monday nights the best day of the week. And you will be missed. If the rumors were incorrect, I'll see you again tomorrow night!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-03-12 00:04:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm somewhat of 2 minds about that. I hated doing it and sometimes fighting people but getting decent gil while cping was pretty nice
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 00:25:49
Link | Citer | R

My sparks are spent.

If the rumors come true, R.I.P GAIN EXP. You were made Monday nights the best day of the week. And you will be missed. If the rumors were incorrect, I'll see you again tomorrow night!

Man every god damn 6 months they say "adjust npc prices" they never nerf sparks.

It's for crafting spheres.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 00:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The vendor prices of the following items have been lowered.

Elshimo Marble / Shoalweed / Desert Venom / Lucky Egg

HOLY ***
Quote:
The EX attribute has been removed from the following items obtainable.

Headshards / Handshards / Footshards / Voidheads/ Voidhands / Voidfeet
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 03:06:52
Link | Citer | R

What does that mean, other that they can be exchanged between players/mules and so on?
Still not sellable on AH I guess? Maybe bazaar-able?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 03:11:35
Link | Citer | R

It means I lost a billion gil by not going and lotting these shitty things to sell to morons today.

Add 1 billion to the tab square owes me for making changes after the fact.

So.... the next set of ANV objectives hits... Aht Urghan, and Abyssea...

Obtain... Jody's Acid
Defeat Glavoid ....
Participate in Besieged
Do "targeting the captain"
"proc" 10 abyssean NMs
eat... um what food was popular sole sushi/Yagudo Drink?

The ones we actually got are even worse than the ones I was thinking.

Soulplates #nope
Besieged
TWO assault related ones #***
Climb Paradomo tor #ohhelltothenope (hello tako)
Beat Maat what the *** does that have to do with abyssea/au
Gukumatz and Voidwalker nms in abyssea #overreaching
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 409 410 411