Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 246 247 248 ... 422 423 424
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-25 02:38:39
Link | Citer | R

I remember when 60 was our max inventory, mog safe, and storage. I was told by SquareEnix that increasing inventory was impossible. Now we have an 80 cap, satchel, case, locker, wardrobes 1~4.

Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-01-25 05:47:22
Link | Citer | R

And safe 2
By Mattelot 2022-01-25 05:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Lot of complaints here about potential new wardrobes being the lazy option when we don't actually know how this is implemented. Maybe they were able to make some revisions to the inventory system and loading issues upon zoning, in a way that makes more wardrobes a more viable option than they were a year ago? For instance, perhaps changing the order of searching all storage for Rare items (needed to prevent acquisition of rare items) to search first in the active inventory/wardrobes (which could maybe load up faster upon zone), then continue loading those non-accessible storage locations...

Not saying they did that, and it certainly wouldn't be a massive shock to see the solution be underwhelming, but just a thought that there could be more than meets the eye here. Maybe worth actually seeing how this is implemented before judging it?

I've said the same thing but people are rightfully concerned considering the sequence of outcomes we've had. While nobody knows for sure what all will happen or how it will happen, it's logical to assume we're just going to get more for more $$.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I was told by SquareEnix that increasing inventory was impossible

At what point did you ask this? Were the console versions still around?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-01-25 06:53:38
Link | Citer | R

We got 80 slots with wotg.

EDIT: now that I'm looking at it, everything except wardrobes 3 and 4 was added before console support ended.
By Mattelot 2022-01-25 07:35:17
Link | Citer | R

I ask because there were some other things during console support that were supposedly "impossible" but we ended up getting. It's possible it was not practical at the time but I cannot say for sure.

Either way, it's not really good for anyone to say something is impossible. Better to say impractical or improbable.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-01-25 12:33:32
Link | Citer | R

In this context, "Impossible" typically doesn't mean technically impossible, but impossible with the currently available resources to implement it. They could give us 100 wardrobes if they rewrote everything, but realistically, that won't happen. They are using words like "impossible" within the context of what they know is feasible using the current engine and development resources.

Improvements over time likely are also a reflection of other things, as well: greater availability of high bandwidth connections, cheaper storage space, more processing power, etc. There will always be limitations imposed by the engine, which I gather is the main issue currently, but these other things can also make something that was infeasible 15 years ago feasible now.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2022-01-25 13:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Payment should be the last 10 years I've been paying a sub where the months there hasn't been anything going on but maintaining the status quo in lieu of major new content. FFXI has been making a ton of profit.

Minimum I would accept is 1-3 Free, 4-8 Paid. Better would be 1-4 Free, 5-8 Paid. Either way, I haven't nor won't pay anything extra for storage. I'll just keep dealing with storage organization every so often instead. I actually kind of like doing it now anyway..
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-25 13:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Very likely the case but I still think it's poor wording.

Then again, I work in business and know how businesses use word trickery to deter naive (lack of a nicer word) people. I even wrote something about it in detail in another forum not long ago, but that's irrelevant.

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Better would be 1-4 Free, 5-8 Paid.

That's what I was suggesting earlier. I know it's shouting into the wind but it would be a fair compromise.
[+]
By Typongtive 2022-01-25 17:54:33
Link | Citer | R

If I have to pay for the new storage, I will just drop a few mules lol. EZPZ
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-25 18:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Typongtive said: »
If I have to pay for the new storage, I will just drop a few mules lol. EZPZ

Ideally you prorate 14 mules to the last day or two in the first place (for that bonanza marble/mars orb). Unless you really really want that 400k savory shank x14. Really shouldn't require more than one gear holding mule.

Paying the full $14 per month just to do one thing, on one day is a waste.
By Typongtive 2022-01-25 18:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-27 04:18:53
Link | Citer | R

New ML cap!
Is this gonna be ML30 or ML40 I wonder? This means either sj 55 or 57

This also means:
1) New camps! Yai for more options
2) Likely more Exemplary Points from the new Apex, which will also mean faster levelling ML1-20 for those who have to catch up.

Not sure if anything cool unlocks at level 55 or 57

Shell III at 57 for /RDM and /WHM
Then Reraise II, Raise II and Auspice for /WHM
Cure IV for /SCH
Feather Barrier and Radiant Breath for /BLU
Stoneskin from /RUN
C4 and Holy from /PLD lulz

Does anything else noteworthy unlocks between 54 and 57?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-01-27 07:33:21
Link | Citer | R

/drk just became really nice for any 2 hander/h2h job, as well as jobs who can take advantage of the additional PDL tier, with /drg being the runner up and safer sub, hate wise.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-27 07:37:06
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56350/mastery-level-sub-job-traitspriorities/1/#3599832

/Drg is still the big winnar which is really sad in a way. So unwanted as a main but killing it as a sub. Such is life.
Penpenn said: »
Mastery Levels | Subjob Level
5 50
10 51
15 52
20 53
20 53

Subjob Table - Traits/JA/MA's by SJ Level

Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-27 09:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Not a lot going on from 54 - 57. BLM gets Sleepga II though, which will be nice on those abuscades where RDM has to be on sleep duty.
[+]
 Valefor.Heabea
Serveur: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2022-01-27 09:28:58
Link | Citer | R

I suspect we will be only getting 5-10 Mlv increments because of the need to add more and more camps and limited devs to make mobs. I'm more curious if there won't be additional bonuses other than stats/skills/SJ as we go along, say some kind of bonus every 25lv or something (so many ways they could go, but at this point may as well just wait a week for the next bit of details).
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 09:47:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Not sure if anything cool unlocks at level 55 or 57

The biggest upgrades this pass are going to the melee jobs.

Dark Knight

Lvl 55 -- Smite III
Lvl 55 -- Damage limit II

Dragoon

Lvl 55 -- Weaponskill Damage boost II

Both of those are significant upgrades. I'll probably end up subbing dark knight on my monk once I unlock the tier. Last resort is close enough to berserk, and smite 3 is just too good to pass up. Dragoon sub also gives super jump now so Thief/dragoon, Dancer/dragoon and similar combos will become even more prevalent with the new upgrade.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-27 09:50:20
Link | Citer | R

You meant already gave super jump and now gives WSD+10%

And Mnk already has Smite II so mnk/drk only gets a 5% attack increase, not super worth. But when not getting 80 buffs, yeah.

Probably still want mnk/war for dem DA's
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-27 09:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You meant already gave super jump and now gives WSD on all hits+10%
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-27 09:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Well Smite only works for 2Handers and H2H.
MNK wise it's "only" 5% more than what they naturally get, so I'm not sure that alone makes /DRK an interesting option, maybe?

WS Boost II is "only" 3% more WSD than the basic trait. As we know this trait is special and applies to all hits of a WS so it's pretty interesting. If anything it futher boosts /DRG as the default SJ for a lot of DDs instead of the classic /WAR we were all so used to.

So annoying that with the "shortcuts" addon the //jump command doesn't execute the JA but the emote. I wonder if I can customize that somehow?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-27 10:02:30
Link | Citer | R

It's nice to see more versatility, last ML increase gave Store TP III to /SAM for +20 total and some extra DA to /WAR. This time around will likely be +10 ML and hand out more attack to /DRK and 3% more WS damage to /DRG along with Cure IV to /SCH. That last is super important because /SCH lets you get close to native skill with LA, most of the utility / -na spells and weather. BRD/SCH and GEO/SCH can now become ultimate support crews.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-01-27 10:04:14
Link | Citer | R

I think the alias xml in the shortcut folder would override that (but even if it doesn't, you could just make Jump //j lol)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-27 10:13:30
Link | Citer | R

On that topic, *** //hide doesn't //ja hide it makes your friendslist hidden. Who decided that was the right thing to do lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-01-27 11:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait for Rapture + Divine Seal Full Cure/Cure4gas as whm/sch. Wish you could use ebullience as blm against Ongo, oh well, maybe for the next endgame content that requires blm.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-27 11:52:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
//jump command doesn't execute the JA but the emote. I wonder if I can customize that somehow?
Add it to alias file and it will
[+]
By Draylo 2022-01-27 14:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Then you wont be able to do the emote anymore! That happened to me but I never used it lol
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-01-27 15:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Chocobo Jig from /DNC :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-01-27 21:44:07
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Chocobo Jig from /DNC :)