Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 424 425 426
By SimonSes 2020-06-30 07:23:34
Link | Citer | R

cuddlyhamster said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
I'd like them to remove the split cure enmity mechanic when majesty up.

Martel, this is precisely what I was thinking, and it would be unique (and quite fitting, given the name to an extent). All mobs give same attention when aoe cure spells are cast from Majesty Paladin.

An enhancement to PLD to basically remove the need for WHM would be interesting, since they have already taken the first step into that territory. I wouldn't be opposed to PLD getting some form of Flashga, Holyga etc. I just think it should be limited to perhaps Divine Magic, since that skill is underutilized. Just my op tho.

I would like to see Majesty become a stance. You either get bigger, better aoe cures or u get bigger, better aoe hate gain tools.

That's not a stance ability, that's two stance abilities that cancel each other out, like Yonin and Innin or Saber Dance and Fan Dance. Majesty already is a stance ability.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-30 07:35:09
Link | Citer | R

JAs are generally not considered stances in FFXI unless there's two to choose between depending on situation. I've never heard of Composure being called a stance, for example, and that one actually has a downside unlike Majesty.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 07:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I've never heard of Composure being called a stance, for example, and that one actually has a downside unlike Majesty.

IBf4 the adjustment is to put the downside on majesty they forgot to add because its too stronk.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 07:55:23
Link | Citer | R

While on majesty, you cant block with shield.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 08:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Edit: NVM, saw your above post.
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2020-06-30 08:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

LOL
By FaeQueenCory 2020-06-30 10:03:05
Link | Citer | R

How would that change Aegis in any way?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:10:21
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
How would that change Aegis in any way?
While on Majesty, the MDT-50% will be removed.

For "balance"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-30 10:15:50
Link | Citer | R

I've never heard of Composure being called a stance, for example, and that one actually has a downside unlike Majesty.

IBf4 the adjustment is to put the downside on majesty they forgot to add because its too stronk.

Well, conterstance is a stance, and there's no opposite of it for Monk. They don't always follow themes with the stance. Velocity shot could very well be considered a shooting stance as well
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Well, conterstance is a stance, and there's no opposite of it for Monk. They don't always follow themes with the stance.
If you call that a stance, then might as well call Berserk/Aggressor as stances then.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-30 10:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Those are not the same because their duration is not full time upkeep on its own. You could argue defender is a defensive stance though
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:22:35
Link | Citer | R

I think the point is that Counterstace isn't a stance because there's no other JA that overwrites it if you use it.

Like how Dark Arts/Light Arts are. Or Misery/Solice. Or Fan Dance/Saber Dance. Or Yonin/Innin.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-30 10:31:22
Link | Citer | R

I see what you mean, but I guess it depends on your definition of "stance". I see it as a JA that you can utilize fulltime that fundamentally focuses on a specific role, while greatly hindering another aspect. Counterstance is clearly a tanking "stance" to a degree (a very bad one), just like Velocity Shot is a shooting stance to greatly improve shooting ability when not meleeing. The opposite is just not using the ability.

But if people are saying stances require 2 opposing JAs, I can see how that makes sense. I'm just saying SE does not always seem to follow that logic when they implement the JAs for their purpose. Majesty is intended to focos on curing, and subsequent hate generation. What is the advantage to not using Majesty, full-time?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 10:45:58
Link | Citer | R

I see what you mean, but I guess it depends on your definition of "stance". I see it as a JA that you can utilize fulltime that fundamentally focuses on a specific role, while greatly hindering another aspect. Counterstance is clearly a tanking "stance" to a degree (a very bad one), just like Velocity Shot is a shooting stance to greatly improve shooting ability when not meleeing. The opposite is just not using the ability.
I guess that makes sense in a way.

I'm just saying SE does not always seem to follow that logic when they implement the JAs for their purpose.
I think it's because there's 2 different "camps" of programmers in regards to this. Or at least, used to be.

Today's FFXI, probably only one group. Who uses their own style.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-30 13:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Saw this earlier for ffxiv, the amount of money some people spend on the cash shop on-top of the sub and expansion fees is crazy.

The developers wish they could add a cash shop to this game to milk whales. Or get us all to swap over to spend far more money.

[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-30 14:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Thats not whale, thats dolphin at most.
Its also super low compare to mobius final fantasy on phones where some whales were dropping 1000-2000$ monthly to get new supreme card and many players like me were at least dropping 60$ few times a year for guaranteed supreme banner. They are atill closing MFF servers today. Yes closing, not even leaving the game without future updates, so you can still play it (;_;)
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-06-30 14:52:56
Link | Citer | R

jesus, thats more than 3 fantasia a week
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 14:58:58
Link | Citer | R

I find a game with inside purchases easier to see how dangerous is the addiction so easier to leave.

I was playing FFRK, but when i started to spend monthly cash about the same of my FFxI subs, i noticed how dangerous that could be and just stopped. While FFXI somehow i still keep it going despite avoiding at any costs to see my play time, which is long enough for me to be ashemed how much time i spent with this inside working in personal projects.

Regardless, im still playing and i dont think in stopping this year, at least, got a lot of shields to make before i get satisfied
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-30 15:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Its not completely the case, but I do think the cash-shop mentality in gaming is very split along generational lines. This definitely seems like something that is just accepted by many under 30 (started FFXI in their teens vs 20s or later) as part of the gaming scene, but the older players who didn't grow up with this concept find it abhorrent and aren't as drawn by it.

Honestly, just the presence of a cash-shop in a game would probably be enough for me to STOP playing it.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 15:55:56
Link | Citer | R

Are you implying that im old?

... because youre most likely correct ; ;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-30 16:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I was playing FFRK

I was playing this game for literal years until i switched from Android to Apple, and could not for the life of me remember my login password for it. Called the company to see if they could help me and they basically could not. I dropped a few dozen dollars on that game, would have easily been in the thousands if I kept playing til this day. Losing my FFRK password was the greatest thing to ever happen to me.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-07-01 02:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Vol 1 for July is Qiqirn

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56995?p=628779#post628779
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-01 02:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Looks like moogle mastery will extend to sheol b.
By ashcrow 2020-07-01 02:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Looks like moogle mastery will extend to sheol b.
so if i am moogle Mastery V i can do do sheol b
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-01 03:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
First up are job adjustments, which for this version update are centered on paladins.
The first adjustment is to Protect spells, which will now have increased effects when used by a paladin and can target players in an area of effect under certain circumstances. The second adjustment comes to Reprisal, which now provides an even further increased blocking chance against monsters of equal or higher level.
Oh Jesus, I hope they just flat out tell us how that reprisal enhancement works, or I'll be spending the rest of eternity retesting it.

Also, I was not expecting anything like these changes at all. PLD "Protectra"... edging in on that WHM territory again. Also, that's gonna need to be a huge amount of extra def to matter at all.

I'm kinda hoping there's more PLD stuff they haven't mentioned yet..
Quote:
July Paladin ・Add new job traits
・Adjust certain job abilities
・Adjust certain spells
And this possibly supports that, unless that trait mentioned there causes either the reprisal or protect thing. They mentioned two changes, but here we have, new trait, adjust JA, adjust spells.

Might be some hope for more.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-01 03:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Protect... wtf?
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-07-01 03:18:23
Link | Citer | R

It's like they're literally doing everything EXCEPT what they should be doing to fix PLD.
By ksoze 2020-07-01 03:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Can someone explain to me why the update always focusses on ambu v2, making some fancy story etc but everyone only cares about v1.. ?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-01 03:30:37
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »
Can someone explain to me why the update always focusses on ambu v2, making some fancy story etc but everyone only cares about v1.. ?
Everyone who posts on these forums
Everyone who does end-game and plays this game to mid/high levels
Everyone who you probably hang out with

I could go on a bit more. It's a distorted vision of the game's population.
To my big surprise apparently the people who are so casual they have to do Easy V2 are more than you can imagine, and they enjoy doing a different fight every month.
/shrug
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 03:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Even stronger?

According to wiki, current highest lv floor is 134.

I wonder whats the current highest lv target in this game currently, and if we gonna surpass it right in Sheol B or just in Sheol C
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 424 425 426