users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 409 410 411
By FaeQueenCory 2020-06-24 17:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the theme of "Semi-Polished scales",
My money is on "medilustreous" for the "lixer+1" and "lustreful" for the "lixer+2".
Assuming they haven't decided that these lustreless scales are the only ones we get.... which would suuuuuuck.
By Felgarr 2020-06-24 17:16:59
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the theme of "Semi-Polished scales",
My money is on "medilustreous" for the "lixer+1" and "lustreful" for the "lixer+2".
Assuming they haven't decided that these lustreless scales are the only ones we get.... which would suuuuuuck.

I used to following along this line of thinking, similar to how Copper Vouchers leaves room for Silver and Gold Vouchers ...and whatever else SE can dream up.

Because Lustreless scales make up a point system where the items Rank up, I'd like to see more of the same Lustreless scales, but perhaps an item worth more RP, similar to Heroism Crystals and Aggregates.

I also prefer that Sheol A and Sheol B be entirely difference instances/maps. I hope whatever new stuff we see in the Sheol B instance gets retroactively added to the A instance as well (whether it be objectives, destinations, specific NMs, etc).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-24 19:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Well, if we're going back into history and following how SE has done things in the past, we know that Airlixirs/+1/+2 were used for both iterations of delve gear releases, the values just were different. SE could go the lazy route and replicate this process, though I think that would be entirely too redundant to repeat for each level increase. That, and the amount of scales that would be required would start to drastically get to stupid numbers (3000~ scales to upgrade one piece would be lol). Even with Ambuscade capes and gear, they released new materials for different items or upgrade paths, though the augment structure was different than Odyssey. Im just going off of history to make this assumption. They could go either way.

I'm just going to stockpile a bunch of scales from whatever runs I have left in zone A just in case, but from the way they explained the gear progression and the name of the 'lixir', to me at least, it just makes sense they make a new item to be used for 125/128 etc gear.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-06-24 19:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Ok so we now have official confirmation of Odyssey part 2 coming in July.
Hopefully this will include the ilevel 125 items reforge.
Some items that could get really nice augments ...or complete failures.
But then again I still use some of these items even without the augs, so I can't see R15 make it worse. At worst I will just be disappointed and keep it unagumented lol.

Plus new adjustments to PLD, wut?
Looks like... a new JA? Not sure PLD needed that but hey, I sure won't complain.
The fact they keep on adjusting jobs gives me hope they will some day get to adjust BLU's buffs duration or NIN's WS.

In the screenshot that is Majesty and im 100% sure that same screenshot was used on the last PLD update so it could be adjustments to Majesty or them being lazy. Like others have said a JA that lowers mobs physical defenses would be great but i very much doubt it.
The last PLD update didn't even make it on the update teaser picture. The rampart/Atonement update was in the same update as Siren and Mieru, the the image was a split of those two. In fact we didn't even know there would be PLD changes until they posted the list of items to be added. And the image in the actual update notes was of a PLD using Rampart.

The image used in the majesty update was of a PLD using cure. They've not used one of the actual Majesty animation before this that I'm aware of.

That aside, a PLD JA being used in the teaser image does suggest JA adjustments, likely to majesty, but possibly more. The last update didn't just update Rampart, but adjusted shield bash and Divine emblem recast as well.

I'd love to see some major updates, but minor changes like reducing some more JA recast would still be quite welcome. Chivalry and Fealty still have stupid long recasts.

Yeah just went back to the december update and yeah its cure being used, i was sure i had seen that image before... obviously not.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-24 20:32:56
Link | Citer | R

We all level many jobs. We all have our favorites. But there is absolutely no reason every job needs to be equally good for every event! If SE applied it well, there's nothing wrong with wanting a PLD for some fights/events and a RUN for others, because each has strengths. Or certain types of DDs for certain events.

Problem seems to be that SE can't really create content that encourages such variance. Something becomes OP for a few months, that becomes the meta, then SE "tries" to fix it, and creates something else that is OP, and the process cycles.
By Ruaumoko 2020-06-24 21:08:26
Link | Citer | R

If they make Majesty work on all White Magic that’d be mad, Flashga.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-24 21:20:58
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »

Don't you dare get my hopes up like this.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-24 21:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Its a little frightening, but I could almost see SE do that so that they can compete recast wise with Foil.
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-06-24 21:23:21
Link | Citer | R

is the spider a v2 boss? I'm hoping for another easy month.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-24 21:56:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm happy to see paladin get updates but there is no reason Majesty should affect ALL white magic. That's yagrush level buff. Raisega. Sub WHM or SCH for insane applications. Wouldn't make a ton of sense. Maybe if it was limited to Divine magic or something, but that wouldn't make sense because they just gave paladin banishga specifically for AOE tagging.

Perhaps they give the paladin enhanced enmity generation of cure spells under Majesty
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-24 21:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Its a little frightening, but I could almost see SE do that so that they can compete recast wise with Foil.
You know, Majesty does reduce cure recasts as well. I don't think any one ever tested the effect to see how much the reduction is though. But if that also applied to flash, it could be significant.

Ahhh, I'm gettin' my hopes up. Someone stop me. -.-;
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-06-24 22:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

You know, Majesty does reduce cure recasts as well. I don't think any one ever tested the effect to see how much the reduction is though. But if that also applied to flash, it could be significant.

They're just gonna take away the cure pot II on majesty or something, don't worry.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-24 22:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Just remember that PLD still wont be requested because they can't put out damage without sacrificing their shield.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-24 23:00:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm happy to see paladin get updates but there is no reason Majesty should affect ALL white magic. That's yagrush level buff. Raisega. Sub WHM or SCH for insane applications. Wouldn't make a ton of sense. Maybe if it was limited to Divine magic or something, but that wouldn't make sense because they just gave paladin banishga specifically for AOE tagging.

Perhaps they give the paladin enhanced enmity generation of cure spells under Majesty
Well, I welcome them adding that particular enhancement to Burtgang then. lol. XD

I'd like them to remove the split cure enmity mechanic when majesty up. That'd be a good start, cause then cures have a chance to not be garbage enmity when there's more than one mob present. And any bonus enmity would be, bonus.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-24 18:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'd like them to remove the split cure enmity mechanic when majesty up.

Martel, this is precisely what I was thinking, and it would be unique (and quite fitting, given the name to an extent). All mobs give same attention when aoe cure spells are cast from Majesty Paladin.

An enhancement to PLD to basically remove the need for WHM would be interesting, since they have already taken the first step into that territory. I wouldn't be opposed to PLD getting some form of Flashga, Holyga etc. I just think it should be limited to perhaps Divine Magic, since that skill is underutilized. Just my op tho.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-24 19:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
is the spider a v2 boss? I'm hoping for another easy month.

Should be V2 because V1 normally is beastman type of mobs.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-06-24 21:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Also because they normally show the V2 mob in the preview and then the V1 is a surprise until the patch notes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-28 22:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this is a glitch or my understanding of the score is off... Or if he's just a cheating *** rat. How do I have only 6 points with 4 white + 1 black (2) and he has 1 black (2) and 1 white?

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-28 23:01:37
Link | Citer | R

And I just completely froze from this NPC. Bugged?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-28 23:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this is a glitch or my understanding of the score is off... Or if he's just a cheating *** rat. How do I have only 6 points with 4 white + 1 black (2) and he has 1 black (2) and 1 white?

You were the first player.

First players black mandies are worth 2 points. Second players black mandies are worth 3 points.

With 1 black and 1 white, P2 would have 4 points. With 4 white and 1 black, P1 would have 6 points.

So, that score is correct
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-28 23:17:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh damn nice, didnt know 2nd player got a bonus to the black mandys. Reparations
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-28 23:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Oh damn nice, didnt know 2nd player got a bonus to the black mandys. Reparations
It's the same for the pink/green mandies.

P1 gets 3 points, P2 gets 4 points
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-29 00:59:44
Link | Citer | R

My biggest gripe with the minigame is they didn't add a give up state for the AI, it will play to the end even if it is impossible for it to win. Which is disgustingly wasteful of your time.

I would do it every day if not for this.
By Draylo 2020-06-29 01:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Takes way too long to do the mini-game, I just ended up getting 30 points for the unique item and bounced.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-29 01:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Looking back at the Bat Wings and Kshama Ring no2 and other garbage these Anv keys gave me, I wish I hadn't wasted my time. Buyer's remorse.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-29 07:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Looking back at the Bat Wings and Kshama Ring no2 and other garbage these Anv keys gave me, I wish I hadn't wasted my time. Buyer's remorse.
Oh, I wouldn't say #ANV Keys are worthless....
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-29 09:35:25
Link | Citer | R

SE should make a mobile app for all the mini games they have created for FFXI over the years. Charging $0.99 for it of course.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-29 10:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Oh, I wouldn't say #ANV Keys are worthless....

King
:(((((((((((((((((((
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-29 23:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'd like them to remove the split cure enmity mechanic when majesty up.

Martel, this is precisely what I was thinking, and it would be unique (and quite fitting, given the name to an extent). All mobs give same attention when aoe cure spells are cast from Majesty Paladin.

An enhancement to PLD to basically remove the need for WHM would be interesting, since they have already taken the first step into that territory. I wouldn't be opposed to PLD getting some form of Flashga, Holyga etc. I just think it should be limited to perhaps Divine Magic, since that skill is underutilized. Just my op tho.

I would like to see Majesty become a stance. You either get bigger, better aoe cures or u get bigger, better aoe hate gain tools.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 409 410 411