First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-06-08 17:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Try the following configuration just to make sure it's not anything you changed:

[+]
 Phoenix.Tiburon
Serveur: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2017-06-08 17:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Here are my dgVoodoo settings :
 Asura.Bangerang
Serveur: Asura
user: Eela
By Asura.Bangerang 2017-06-08 17:41:57
Link | Citer | R

https://www.twitch.tv/xsprocketx/clips

Small (and poorly planned) clips with ReShade examples.
 Ragnarok.Hulkamania
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hulkamania 2017-06-08 18:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neufko said: »

Just a heads up if you downloaded this file 7/18 scanners reported malware at https://virusscan.jotti.org/

Think I'll stick with what I've been using for now.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-06-08 18:33:17
Link | Citer | R

I'd honestly be more surprised if it wasn't reported as malware.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-06-08 19:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Anything that "hooks" a program normally gets flagged as "virus" including windower. dgVoodoo has been out for years just sadly didn't support FFXI but I been using it for older games that 7+ didn't support.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-08 21:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tiburon said: »
Here are my dgVoodoo settings :

Mirrored your settings and it wouldn't work for me. Was able to see it starting up but errors when it attempted to hook into pol.exe. Decided to try without Windower and it worked so it's likely a conflict with hooking the input code.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-06-08 21:34:35
Link | Citer | R

I was playing just fine last night, but tonight I login, and all I have is black screen.

I can hear the menus, can even login, but I can't see anything.

not sure what changed. I hadn't touched it all day, and It was working last night.
By Staleyx 2017-06-08 22:43:36
Link | Citer | R

So tried this out tonight. When playing just one character I can ramp up settings and it looks amazing. Once I 2box I'm getting worse performance then before even with just 2x filtering on only.

Will the voodoo program settings overwrite the nvidia control panel settings?
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2017-06-09 00:13:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm encountering a similar problem as others when transitioning from POL to FFXI on my optimus laptop through Windower and receiving a white screen. If i take D3D8.dll out of my POL directory, I can launch windower just fine so it seems to be a DGVoodoo problem. I also am running all of the same configs as my desktop and the desktop version is working fine. I have been having this problem with DGVoodoo on this laptop for months and have never been able to find a solution other than launching everything in fullscreen. Any fix to make this work in windowed mode would be much appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Miang
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2017-06-09 04:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
So tried this out tonight. When playing just one character I can ramp up settings and it looks amazing. Once I 2box I'm getting worse performance then before even with just 2x filtering on only.

I've started using this and it's working great for me, but when I first tried it I set the VRAM to 1024, and then loaded 6 chars. My graphics card is 8Gb but it still hit a memory limit and caused all my FFXI instances to crawl to a halt. I switched down to 512mb and it runs perfectly for me now. Maybe you're experiencing a similar issue?
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-06-09 04:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I've started using this and it's working great for me, but when I first tried it I set the VRAM to 1024, and then loaded 6 chars. My graphics card is 8Gb but it still hit a memory limit and caused all my FFXI instances to crawl to a halt. I switched down to 512mb and it runs perfectly for me now. Maybe you're experiencing a similar issue?

O So each instance will use 1024 if I have that set. I didn't know that I will try it out.

Anyone know though if nvidia control panel settings will work instead of the voodoo settings or vice versa.
By Staleyx 2017-06-09 05:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Miang thank you so much that helped. My god I can turn everything on on 2 players and have a full 57fps. This is amazing. Now lets hope I don't get that random crash anymore.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-09 08:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bangerang said: »
https://www.twitch.tv/xsprocketx/clips

Small (and poorly planned) clips with ReShade examples.
Excellent quality though.
Its made me hopeful for the future of this game or the XI line. There's so much SE could do with what they have.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 09:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Miang said: »
Staleyx said: »

Thanks Miang, I can see how people with lower end GPU's would run into issues dual boxing. So 512MB might be a good setting for multi-boxers maybe 256MB if they are running everything in smaller resolutions.
 Bahamut.Skyekitty
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Skyekitty 2017-06-09 10:18:27
Link | Citer | R

When running with voodoo and windower with uncapped frame rates or frame rates at 60, occasionally i experience a "tar" like effect where my game slows down really slow. Menus crawl and my character just feels like its in slowmo. When running to the gobbie box in Port Sandy, i got this BAD and i got some of it near the AH in S. Sandy. Anyone else? Sorry and thank you!
By Blazed1979 2017-06-09 11:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Skyekitty said: »
When running with voodoo and windower with uncapped frame rates or frame rates at 60, occasionally i experience a "tar" like effect where my game slows down really slow. Menus crawl and my character just feels like its in slowmo. When running to the gobbie box in Port Sandy, i got this BAD and i got some of it near the AH in S. Sandy. Anyone else? Sorry and thank you!
yes - that's common and normal. I thought by doing it through config plugin it would be better, but nope - same as unlimited. Its not a graphics card issue as far as I can tell because both my PC's experience the exact same phenomenon.
 Bahamut.Skyekitty
By Bahamut.Skyekitty 2017-06-09 12:02:46
Link | Citer | R

So, really, just keep it capped at 30 fps and play as you were just with better graphics? is that kind of the consensus?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 12:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
yes - that's common and normal. I thought by doing it through config plugin it would be better, but nope - same as unlimited. Its not a graphics card issue as far as I can tell because both my PC's experience the exact same phenomenon.

I haven't' experienced that on my laptop, my main gaming PC or my backup gaming PC. All are running nVidia GPU's with Windows 7 x64.
 Bahamut.Skyekitty
By Bahamut.Skyekitty 2017-06-09 12:26:17
Link | Citer | R

I am using win7 64 and i have 2 sli Nvidia gtx970's and i have 32gb ram with 3.5ghz processor. I'm stumped as to why i'd experience any poor results.
 Bahamut.Skyekitty
By Bahamut.Skyekitty 2017-06-09 13:16:51
Link | Citer | R

where are people setting their graphic parameters? strictly through voodoo or through the ffxi config, both? i'm trying to see if i'm somehow mucking up the settings.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-09 13:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
I haven't' experienced that on my laptop, my main gaming PC or my backup gaming PC. All are running nVidia GPU's with Windows 7 x64.
I remember I used to know how to check on my laptop (I don't play FFXI anymore on it at all) how to see if FFXI was running off the native card or my nvidia. I never thought to check if my desktops had the same issue and I can't remember how to check.
It would be pretty funny if they haven't even been using the GTX690x1 lol.
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
user: mhyato
By Minerva Moonrider 2017-06-09 16:16:31
Link | Citer | R

I am having the same issue
intel i7700k , nvidia gtx 1070
 Leviathan.Vow
Serveur: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-06-09 16:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Possibly this?
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-09 17:14:18
Link | Citer | R

I've got this working and messed around with the VRAM setting, but my fan for my laptop is running just as hard as 5-boxing when I'm only playing 2-box. Any suggestions?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 17:25:27
Link | Citer | R

where are people setting their graphic parameters? strictly through voodoo or through the ffxi config, both? i'm trying to see if i'm somehow mucking up the settings.

Windower is set to 2560x1440 with SSAAx2 turned on, bump mapping on, mipmapping to middle.

dgVoodoo has VRAM set to 1024MB, Texture filtering to 16x AF but MSAA set to 2x or disabled (I'm playing around with it).

In my nVidia control panel I have a Playonline profile and it's set to use "application controlled" for AA. Power is on adapative, shader cache is on, FXAA is off.

Inside Windower I have FPS set to 1 as divisor so 59.9fps. Shadows set to normal, environmental animations enabled along with weather effects.

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I've got this working and messed around with the VRAM setting, but my fan for my laptop is running just as hard as 5-boxing when I'm only playing 2-box. Any suggestions?

How much dedicated graphics memory do you have? How much is dgVoodoo set to provide to the program? What resolution are you running on everything and do you have Supersampling enabled?

Combination of those things will determine whats optimal for you.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-09 17:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Windower is set to 2560x1440 with SSAAx2 turned on, bump mapping on, mipmapping to middle.

dgVoodoo has VRAM set to 1024MB, Texture filtering to 16x AF but MSAA set to 2x or disabled (I'm playing around with it).

In my nVidia control panel I have a Playonline profile and it's set to use "application controlled" for AA. Power is on adapative, shader cache is on, FXAA is off.

Inside Windower I have FPS set to 1 as divisor so 59.9fps. Shadows set to normal, environmental animations enabled along with weather effects.

How much dedicated graphics memory do you have? How much is dgVoodoo set to provide to the program? What resolution are you running on everything and do you have Supersampling enabled?

Combination of those things will determine whats optimal for you.

I have 2048 MB for dedicated graphics memory, 5864 total available graphics memory. My resolution is 1080x600 and supersampling/bump mapping are off. My VRAM is currently 128, but I've tried it on every option. I have a Nvidia GEforce GTX 960M.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-09 17:54:45
Link | Citer | R

My resolution is 1080x600 and supersampling/bump mapping are off. My VRAM is currently 128, but I've tried it on every option.

You are cutting it very close for your graphics card.

And yes your graphics card is going to be working hard, previously FFXI was running DX8 code through DX9 and not using the majority of your graphics cards capabilities. dgVoodoo2 translates those DX8 calls into DX11 via shaders which opens up a whole new portion of your card. The result is that all the lighting and graphics effects are going through post processing. This shifted a good portion of the performance from your CPU onto your GPU.

Now for years people have been recommending buying a low level graphics card cause "FFXI is old and runs on a toaster", which was true when we were stuck with native graphics, not true with DX11 enhancements.

I guess the best way to see is to watch how nVidia optimus treats this game.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-09 18:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Any recommendations on my settings? I'm quite bad with anything computer-related.
 Bahamut.Skyekitty
By Bahamut.Skyekitty 2017-06-09 18:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the responses, the windower thread was interesting to read, but i have to believe that my comp can render it in 60fps since it plays seriously more challenging games at 60 fps or higher. Still not sure why it happens. Sad face, but it isn't like i lost anything, since i've played in 30 fps forever. Other ideas are welcome, but either way thank you everyone!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24