Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 17:40:27
Link | Citer | R

So what happens if you click
"Disable, send directly to direct x"
or whatever that option is?

On my laptop POL just crashes. But with that checked it runs.
 Asura.Neufko
Serveur: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-06-07 17:46:46
Link | Citer | R

it disables it
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 17:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neufko said: »
it disables it
Ah I see, so basically it will go back to whatever mode FFXI used before?
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-06-07 17:55:28
Link | Citer | R

post pics!!!
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-07 18:02:28
Link | Citer | R

There you go Darkness
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 18:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Asura.Neufko said: »
it disables it
Ah I see, so basically it will go back to whatever mode FFXI used before?

It's just passthrough, so it takes the DX8 commands and pass's them to Windows native DX library instead of converting them.
By Feanorsof 2017-06-07 18:07:43
Link | Citer | R

For those that have it working, have you changed any settings other than VRAM? reading the documentation doesn't seem like its necessary?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-06-07 18:08:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm having an issue on my home computer where the FPS stay uncapped regardless of config settings and every time i touch a button it takes like 10 clicks. It happens every time I zone in an empty area (e.g. MH) and I have to force cap 60FPS( //config FrameRateDivisor 1). Any help is appreciated.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 18:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Feanorsof said: »
For those that have it working, have you changed any settings other than VRAM? reading the documentation doesn't seem like its necessary?

You need to make sure the files are in the right places, like 80% of the problems were with people not putting ***where it belongs, or not unblocking the files.

Then inside dgVoodoo2 you need to set the VRAM to 1024MB unless you have a really low end card then 512MB. The other settings can be used to make the game look prettier like aniostropic filtering and Anti-aliasing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 18:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
I'm having an issue on my home computer where the FPS stay uncapped regardless of config settings and every time i touch a button it takes like 10 clicks. It happens every time I zone in an empty area (e.g. MH) and I have to force cap 60FPS( //config FrameRateDivisor 1). Any help is appreciated.

Your config plugin is screwed. You need to edit it's XML or just delete it and let it re-download a new one.
By Feanorsof 2017-06-07 18:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it looks amazing, I turned on anisotropic 16x, 8x Antialiasing and it still runs smooth
 Asura.Bangerang
user: Eela
By Asura.Bangerang 2017-06-07 18:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Although I didn't notice any difference with graphics, by and far the best thing to come out of this is the ability use CTRL+ALT+DEL and launch programs with UAC enabled in Windows 10 without FFXI closing every time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 19:07:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bangerang said: »
Although I didn't notice any difference with graphics

Me and LS mates just got done messing around with various JA's, WS's and spells and holy ***they look much nicer. Brighter, more defined and sparky.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 19:32:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm at my wits end here..

Tell me if anything looks wrong

All files are unblocked and permissions are granted.

Correct folder is selected for CFG directory.

When I launch windower I can get into POL. When I launch FFXI this happens.

More or less is happening on two different computers.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 19:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Dude it's right there .... your running an old *** version of dgVoodoo2 2.53. This is 2.54WIP35, a special version Dege built to support FFXI.

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP35.zip
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2017-06-07 19:37:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm having an issue when trying to copy D3DCompiler_47.dll to my SysWOW64 folder. I keep getting a message saying:

"You need permission to perform this action"

How do I go about getting "permission" ? I tried to turn UAC off and it didn't make a difference.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-07 19:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Well I got to run but I didn't see any of my characters or any other character. I can see moogles and architectures etc like that. What say you guru Saevel?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 19:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
I'm having an issue when trying to copy D3DCompiler_47.dll to my SysWOW64 folder. I keep getting a message saying:

How do I go about getting "permission" ? I tried to turn UAC off and it didn't make a difference.

First check to see if it's already there, if it is then your ok. If you don't have it then you need to login as an administrator.

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Well I got to run but I didn't see any of my characters or any other character. I can see moogles and architectures etc like that. What say you guru Saevel?

You are using the wrong version, that's vanilla 2.54 and you need 2.54WIP35. Download that file I linked a few posts up and use that instead.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 19:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Dude it's right there .... your running an old *** version of dgVoodoo2 2.53. This is 2.54WIP35, a special version Dege built to support FFXI.

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP35.zip

Thanks I'm not sure how I even missed that. I could of swore I downloaded the updated version x_x

Edit: looking at it I accidentally downloaded both when I was grabbing the D3D files.

It seems like the more frustrated we get, the easier it is to miss obvious things.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2017-06-07 19:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Saevel, it was already there. So I guess I'm good to go. First time windower crashed so I thought I screwed up, but second time it worked. This is great!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 19:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Oh thank god it's working. Thanks for being patient with me Saevel

Just fyi this is not something you want to set up if you are multi tasking or if people are talking your ear off IRL. You might do something stupid like I did.
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-06-07 20:04:35
Link | Citer | R

FYI: Certain antivirus programs may result in POL crashing while using these dlls with windower. Not entirely sure of why it behaves this way yet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-07 20:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
FYI: Certain antivirus programs may result in POL crashing while using these dlls with windower. Not entirely sure of why it behaves this way yet.

Because D3D8.dll is a system DLL and this is bullshitting POL into loading a DLL it wasn't supposed to load. This is virus like behavior so you gotta make an exception.
 Asura.Tamamir
By Asura.Tamamir 2017-06-07 20:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Works with Ashita? Didn't sound like something you need windower for, so curious.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-06-07 20:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Feanorsof said: »
Yeah it looks amazing, I turned on anisotropic 16x, 8x Antialiasing and it still runs smooth

When I turned up these settings, it made me lag out like crazy. Any idea why? I'm running a GTX740. I turned them back down so I could turn my camera without lagging lol.

I'm happy without shiny graphics, so it doesn't bother me, but I'm just curious. I'm just happy I can lose screen focus and not crash.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-07 20:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamamir said: »
Works with Ashita? Didn't sound like something you need windower for, so curious.
ya
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-07 20:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »

First check to see if it's already there, if it is then your ok. If you don't have it then you need to login as an administrator.

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

You are using the wrong version, that's vanilla 2.54 and you need 2.54WIP35. Download that file I linked a few posts up and use that instead.

Thank you sir
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2017-06-07 20:29:00
Link | Citer | R

If you have crashes your D3D8 is corrupt or something. I use the one from ashita(forum), and it corrected the issue. Uuh! Fully working on a mac.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-06-07 20:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Caiir said: »

Because D3D8.dll is a system DLL and this is bullshitting POL into loading a DLL it wasn't supposed to load. This is virus like behavior so you gotta make an exception.

That'd be very great and everything if it still crashed without Windower. It's something about the combination of the two. You can obviously add an exception in most programs to get around this.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-07 20:32:40
Link | Citer | R

The lighting is the best part. I didn't know Aerns had a glow/neon to them.

It seems even more dynamic
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 24