Link | Citer | R

Nehot said: »
Asura.Warmoose said: »
Nehot said: »
BLM Free nuke
ItemSet 389565

BLM MB
ItemSet 389564

Is the only reason you have relic head in freenuke over empy because the +4 MAB?

Empy
INT+39/macc61/mab51/Elemental magic skill +35

vs.

Relic
INT+34/macc45/mab55/elemental mag skill +21

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
Is the only reason you have relic head in freenuke over empy because the +4 MAB?

He said that this is the set he's currently using, not that it's best in slot. He probably just doesn't have the other alternatives in his wardrobe yet, and he already admitted to not having cleared veng 25 Ongo so Rank 30 agwu's is not something he can use right now. Wicce Petasos +3 and R25+ Agwu's cap are both better than Relic +3 hat, just like Wicce Gloves +3 and R25+ Agwu's gloves are straight upgrades to relic gloves. He also has Spaekona's coat +3 listed in the body, and we all know that's a situational swap. Most of his slots are BiS but those two slots, as well as the earring which he mentioned, are not. The actual BiS earring choices are Wicce earring +2 and Malignance earring btw.... but we all know how random sortie +2 earrings are so the de-facto goal is still malignance/regal.

If I recall correctly I was more focused on getting my MB set up to par with what I can over my free nuke set, and once I got the body/legs/feet I moved on to other empy gear I needed for v25 clears. I checked before I left for work this morning and I do have the empy head and gloves +3 now I guess I just forgot to plug them into the sets. That being said I am still capping MB in Sortie bosses even in free nuke set, like Melliny said once you start doing stupidly high damage minor tweaks have less of an impact, and honestly the only reason I swap to MB sets in Sortie is to hit the cap more frequently as my group has 4 people nuking at a time. Ether way when I get home this evening I will swap the empy head and agwu gloves into my free nuke set. Thank you for catching that cause I may not have noticed till my group started working on Ongo (currently on Kalunga). If there is anything else I can upgrade (minus the blasted Regal/Wicce earrings) please let me know.

Makes sense. Ill be honest i didnt read the page in its entirety, but was just curious incase i missed something. Otherwise, our sets are along the same thought process. I'm just split between Ea+1 hat/agwu's cap atm in MB set.

Id imagine while being overcapped does you nothing the 1st MB of a SC, its probably still something to consider for your walled/follow on MBs. But generally under rayke, I'm still seeing multiple 99k nukes even under the MB wall(rayke/geo/etc), atleast in sortie.
By Nehot 2023-01-25 11:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
S-E has given us some really nice pieces to work with lately. I'm really happy with it.

SE gets ZERO credit in my book for the Sortie Earring given to us. I find it an absolute insult that many jobs see vast improvements or at least high functionality with their NQ earring, and most see this with the +1 version....yet BLM is among a small collection of jobs where its "+2 or NPC it".

Even in the rare instance you get a blm +2 its not even bis until 10+ int lol, you could get a +7 int and have to npc it anyway.

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Makes sense. Ill be honest i didnt read the page in its entirety, but was just curious incase i missed something. Otherwise, our sets are along the same thought process. I'm just split between Ea+1 hat/agwu's cap atm in MB set.

Id imagine while being overcapped does you nothing the 1st MB of a SC, its probably still something to consider for your walled/follow on MBs. But generally under rayke, I'm still seeing multiple 99k nukes even under the MB wall(rayke/geo/etc), atleast in sortie.

I can see the argument for agwu r25 over EA hat +1 especially if you run sortie while not being haste capped and having the extra fast cast can help a lot. Honestly if you are still hitting multiple capped damage in a single burst then keep rolling.
[+]
 Asura.Gashnir
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bursto
By Asura.Gashnir 2023-01-27 23:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Death seems to be the burst of choice for Aminon strats, but amalric is pretty old. What would a more up to date death and meteor sets look like or what are people who have fought it using? Thanks for any information.
By Vishwambhari 2023-01-28 04:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gashnir said: »
Death seems to be the burst of choice for Aminon strats, but amalric is pretty old. What would a more up to date death and meteor sets look like or what are people who have fought it using? Thanks for any information.
Death is quite atypical as you may know, since it is not affected by dInt and therefore does not benefit as much from stacking INT (at least damage wise).
As a reference, the damage formula for death is: floor(((Consumed MP x 3) + min(32, Magic Damage)) x (Magic Attack Bonus/Target Magic Defense Bonus)).
You should be good stacking affinity, MP and MAB (plus MBB if bursting). Amalric +1 is still very solid as it is packed with both MP and MAB, at least until resists become a problem.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-02-08 10:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Hello Guys, Im getting back on BLM for Sortie so I started gearing up,so far got a question on fastcast set for elemental magic, the FC elemental set in bg-wiki shows nyame 4/5, amalric coif +1 and accesories along with 38% Elemental Celerity (job traits & job gifts), wouldnt it make more sense to replace nyame with mallquis gear since it has elemental casting 37% on it, or am I missing something with nyame other than the -DT? thanks in advance
By Nariont 2023-02-08 10:28:09
Link | Citer | R

-casting time and FC function the exact same as far as precast goes, so you could place one over the other, for sake of space id go with nyame though as mallquis is pretty pointless imo, could be wrong on uses for it
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-02-08 11:20:23
Link | Citer | R

space is the only deterrent I saw other than for casting purrposes seems better than nyame, but that will be an extra 6 spaces I dont have, might just use the regular fastcast set for elemental as well,
also at what master level does BLM start to shine for Sortie?
By Nehot 2023-02-08 13:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
space is the only deterrent I saw other than for casting purrposes seems better than nyame, but that will be an extra 6 spaces I dont have, might just use the regular fastcast set for elemental as well,
also at what master level does BLM start to shine for Sortie?

I was master level 20 when sortie first started and I was still hitting capped bursts even on second floor. I think for sortie the master levels will help mainly vs the bosses but the empy+3 gear is where blm starts to shine. That gear is amazing and once you get body/legs/feet in your burst set you will see a difference for sure. But by all means keep master leveling your blm it will only keep getting stronger.

Also take note that blm is only as good as the team you play with, without proper buffs/debuffs and skillchains a blm will never shine.
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-08 13:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Hello Guys, Im getting back on BLM for Sortie so I started gearing up,so far got a question on fastcast set for elemental magic, the FC elemental set in bg-wiki shows nyame 4/5, amalric coif +1 and accesories along with 38% Elemental Celerity (job traits & job gifts), wouldnt it make more sense to replace nyame with mallquis gear since it has elemental casting 37% on it, or am I missing something with nyame other than the -DT? thanks in advance

Didn't write the guide, but I assume the reason Nyame is in there is to fill slots that aren't directly contributing to your fast cast with high HP/MP/DT pieces so that you don't make yourself vulnerable or lose chunks of HP/MP swapping gear. Guides don't talk about it much but you should check your swaps to see if you're losing a lot of HP/MP that you don't have to; gearswap lets you set priorities on gear to swap so that you can avoid doing something like swapping in a 0 MP piece first.
 Carbuncle.Slib
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-02-09 11:49:35
Link | Citer | R

I was messing with him during my first attempt/kill.

First, I did Laev with AM2 and achieved 99999 damage with 1800 MP.

Second, I shifted in Hvergelmir to get more fast cast (recast) in there and ended up still hitting 99999 damage around 2000 MP.

If a 50% resist happened, it would do around 52k damage... so I just barely make the capped damage on it with low MP.

Set was Wicce for its pure magic accuracy. Wasn't sure if I would encounter issues with resists or not. Get to play around with it next time!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-09 14:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Wicce+3/Agwu r30 feet is a pretty close toss-up imo, but your def going to have the wicce feet in your inventory for mana wall, so might as well go+3 and at this point much easier to obtain for the overall playerbase than r30 agwu. the mbbI really kinda moot with all the MBBI available and 15 being on legs

Agwu Pigaches(r30)
INT+30
mDmg+20
mab+60
macc+55
mbbI +6

Wicce+3
INT+36
mDmg+30
mab+50
macc+60

Wicce INT+6 mDmg+10 macc+5 vs Agwu mab+10 mbbI+6
By Chimerawizard 2023-02-20 01:02:01
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 368226

Is there a better swap aside from maybe weapon for blowing up mobs in A? (or general cleaving really)
DT-41+cape

edit: guess r30 agwu pants would open up the grip slot, but i haven't started v25 clears yet, and i kind of like the haste on it over 10int for recast for cleave situations.

edit2: I have no idea what the next poster is talking about; i definitely didn't have lugh's cape listed instead of Taranus's...
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-02-20 01:54:21
Link | Citer | R

oh sick, sch cape with wicce gear ;)
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2023-02-20 03:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Also take note that blm is only as good as the team you play with, without proper buffs/debuffs and skillchains a blm will never shine.

Exactly. The only reason BLM was not used over the years since the nuke wall, was because nobody wanted to buff the casters...only the up front DD's.

Second, I shifted in Hvergelmir to get more fast cast (recast) in there and ended up still hitting 99999 damage around 2000 MP.

I have been full timing r15 Claustrum while hitting 99999 on most things in Sortie, even with T3 spells are hitting capped dmg. Being up front in certain situations brings in a cheeky dispel on melee hits when there is no rdm, and the damage isn't too bad. 15 refresh tick and DMG -20% is just icing. Having all the magic attack in the world seems like a waste at this point.
 Carbuncle.Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-02-20 08:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Kasumuni88 said: »
I have been full timing r15 Claustrum while hitting 99999 on most things in Sortie, even with T3 spells are hitting capped dmg. Being up front in certain situations brings in a cheeky dispel on melee hits when there is no rdm, and the damage isn't too bad. 15 refresh tick and DMG -20% is just icing. Having all the magic attack in the world seems like a waste at this point.

Not sure I recall the situation you would need this dispel for when you get dispelga, but, for a non Mega-Boss Sortie, I run BLM/DNC. BLM/DNC offers dual wielding bunzi + maxentius which is insanely good damage due to the bonus magic damage+. What I try to do is keep nuking outside magic bursts and not rely only on magic bursts, otherwise you'd be better off with another Scholar, as they can reach same bursts a BLM could as you were saying with Claustrum.

I usually Magic Burst T5 and T4 or AM2 and I do non magic bursts with T6 (usually 40k+ damage no MB) and Aja's. All variable depending on if raykes not up and nuke wall takes effect.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-20 08:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Slib said: »
Not sure I recall the situation you would need this dispel for when you get dispelga, but, for a non Mega-Boss Sortie, I run BLM/DNC. BLM/DNC offers dual wielding bunzi + maxentius which is insanely good damage due to the bonus magic damage+. What I try to do is keep nuking outside magic bursts and not rely only on magic bursts, otherwise you'd be better off with another Scholar, as they can reach same bursts a BLM could as you were saying with Claustrum.

I usually Magic Burst T5 and T4 or AM2 and I do non magic bursts with T6 (usually 40k+ damage no MB) and Aja's. All variable depending on if raykes not up and nuke wall takes effect.

That's interesting - what do you do to keep your MP up, keep AF coat on?
By Kasumuni88 2023-02-20 09:45:39
Link | Citer | R

interesting indeed. where does the bonus magic damage come in? Purely from the clubs themselves?

I have dabbled with /war for cataclysm. Seems like that ws with Claustrum is a good bet with unlimited MP with the refresh and myrkr. I just wish SE gave us another converts dmg to mp option rather than the AF+3
By Nehot 2023-02-20 10:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
ItemSet 368226

Is there a better swap aside from maybe weapon for blowing up mobs in A? (or general cleaving really)
DT-41+cape

edit: guess r30 agwu pants would open up the grip slot, but i haven't started v25 clears yet, and i kind of like the haste on it over 10int for recast for cleave situations.

edit2: I have no idea what the next poster is talking about; i definitely didn't have lugh's cape listed instead of Taranus's...

This set looks good, when free nuking mobs in A I normally tag with burn/ja then just rotate the spells. In my group we split up in the start of sortie and my geo gives me entrust indi-malaise and sch gives hailstorm2, then I go off to solo the acuex's. They die in around 4-5 casts. Just remember its not just about the gear but the spells and abilities you use to increase your damage, always tag mobs with burn and -ja.
 Carbuncle.Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-02-20 10:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alseyn said: »
Carbuncle.Slib said: »

That's interesting - what do you do to keep your MP up, keep AF coat on?

Yeah mostly use the Spaekona's body +3. If I use a lower tier nuke and want more firepower behind it, especially stones, I'll use Wicce Coat +3 since the MP isn't too harsh. If I'm near 500-600 MP I'll ride Spaekona until I can Aspir something on the way to the next boss.
 Carbuncle.Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-02-20 10:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Kasumuni88 said: »
interesting indeed. where does the bonus magic damage come in? Purely from the clubs themselves?

I have dabbled with /war for cataclysm. Seems like that ws with Claustrum is a good bet with unlimited MP with the refresh and myrkr. I just wish SE gave us another converts dmg to mp option rather than the AF+3

Bonus magic damage comes from the club themselves, yeah. Also get the extra Int and MAB but they are generally similar to other options in the shield department.

You seem like you really love Claustrum a lot 8^). I've tried to find uses for this weapon and really only in fun situations like the Ambuscade Frog BLM/DRK solo on VD... I'd use occult gear to do gate of tartarus back to back creating darkness, aspir then absorb tp. Manawall to prevent any melee hits or its nukes from getting tp itself.

- For Cataclysm / Earth crusher I use Khatvanga
- For Death I use Hvergelmir and very few situations where I lack haste buff and I want more fast cast to have a better recast...
- For DNC sub or RDM sub you can use Malevolence dagger and Aeolian Edge.

Really wish they did give the 2% MP return on elemental damage as a baseline trait or gift for BLM. There is a lot to Black Mage that I feel needs to be updated and probably will never be. Cascade is a big one. Do people even know it exists?
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-02-23 19:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of free nukes, what's a good set before wicce +2/+3? Tried to look for the info but the only sets I found were on the main page of the guide. I probably got most of the other gear but not greatly good at assembling sets, especially for blm <.<. My current sets seems to be underperforming so I definitely got it wrong (I also make sets split into low/high tier nukes if anyone got both ;))

Thanks!
By Chimerawizard 2023-02-23 21:49:52
Link | Citer | R

Before wicce+2, I'd suggest jhakri/mallquis+1~2, nyame (no aug needed), agwu, amalric, or merlinic.

Basically, get something you can obtain then start farming at least chests in sortie.
I'll generally get like 3k points in sortie just getting a job clear from chests around zone and a few mobs in A.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-04-02 22:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Found some testing on MBII done by a JP player, apparently MBII does not cap at 40%, not sure what the implication of this is for current sets, maybe making certain pieces of path C nyame slightly more attractive at R30, or even Mpaca staff?

https://twitter.com/higeburo_FF11/status/1642396828867100674
By Chimerawizard 2023-04-03 07:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Pushing MB2 hard enough loses you even more MAB making damage overall worse anyway, so it's just a balancing act between each multiplier while maintaining cap mAcc.

If your character is strictly going to play BLM SCH GEO, wouldn't be bad to consider nyame (C) though. augments are kind of amazing.
Same can be said for BST PUP and nyame (D).
By Kasumuni88 2023-04-03 07:54:37
Link | Citer | R

would you consider the augments to be worthwhile r20 though on path c?

I have done the body and head to r20 on the wsd% parth....but the other spaces are open for augs. Dont want to rank them up to 20 and they are inferior to other pieces.
By Chimerawizard 2023-04-03 08:03:14
Link | Citer | R

maybe, like i said though. only if the character is just playing heavy nuke jobs only.
If you have path B augments, you probably use that character for other things like I do, and would likely never make path C unless SE removed the [rare] tag from the gear.
By Kasumuni88 2023-04-03 08:07:54
Link | Citer | R

I do sometimes wonder what DRK nuke numbers would be with all the Path C augments....
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-04-03 13:03:45
Link | Citer | R

So I 'm wondering if this is confirmed anywhere else. I'd be happy to see any improvements to blm, but I think we all know that SE hates blm, so any buff, seems like a mistake somehow.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-04-03 13:25:35
Link | Citer | R

if what is confirmed? that MB2 has no cap? that's been known for a decade
[+]
 Asura.Archknight
By Asura.Archknight 2023-04-05 13:19:56
Link | Citer | R

hey trying to find an impact build that would work with just the Twilight cloak and couldn't find one. Is it possible to get impact to land for any meaningful duration with just the twilight cloak or am i wasting my time casting it. Mind you this is on end game content. (sortie bosses, ongo) Any advise would be helpful.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 48 49 50