The Black Sacrament -- A Guide To Black Mage

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 48 49 50
By SimonSes 2022-03-04 08:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Intended purpose of this Scythe would be rather Shadow of Death. It should have TP bonus +500 tho :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-04 11:20:51
Link | Citer | R

the mdmg+241....bravo for subtlety there vs the easy route of just +255.

Here's hoping SE doesn't see his handiwork and contract him for the next round of Bonanza weapons we all cry over not being accessible via traditional methods.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-03-04 12:51:51
Link | Citer | R

They'll be part of a new BCNM, that you can only enter with a Rank 1 marble. With all the droprates of Shinryu BCNM.

But with Fetters

.....and caturae.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-03-04 13:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
They'll be part of a new BCNM, that you can only enter with a Rank 1 marble. With all the droprates of Shinryu BCNM.

But with Fetters

.....and caturae.

And a 5 minute time limit to "reduce congestion".
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-03-23 03:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Interested to hear from anyone who's made BLM mythic as to whether they think it's worth it? vs R25 Bunzi + Ammu Shield
By SimonSes 2022-03-23 05:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »
Interested to hear from anyone who's made BLM mythic as to whether they think it's worth it? vs R25 Bunzi + Ammu Shield

I don't have one, but almost anyone will tell you that Staff has far more utility than Club, because of Myrkr and it's main point to use Mythic in most fights.

Otherwise, if you have like 2x SV ballad and Refresh III or fight is just shorter and you wont run out on MP, then:

28INT, 98MAB, 88macc, 248mDMG, 255maccSkill
VS
10INT, 119MAB(AM2), 70macc, 279mDMG, 269maccSkill

is probably super close and mythic might not be worth it, but still should have some slight edge?

There is an option tho to go /nin and Bunzi/Daybreak or Bunzi/Septoptic+1R15, which should produce way better damage, because of massive mDMG boost (much higher with Daybreak) and with /septoptic+1 also much higher macc (+90macc, +21 elemental magic skill), but you can't go /nin to every fight and MP issue is even worse then too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-23 11:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »

I love my Laev, but in all reality I am biased as it was my 2nd overall RMEA, and from almost day 1 a "bucket list" category for me. But I will say the following in its favor:

-the macc is unquestionably insane. If nothing else, it frees up your food choices and accessories.
-IF you can ride a high AM2, damage is pretty damn good, and often can let you use lower tier nukes for faster casting and equivalent damage to a higher tier/more MP cost.
-its the only weapon I've really enjoyed meleeing on BLM with.

There's really only a few times where the lack of INT on the staff has felt like an issue. And the preservation of Myrkr is really the reason I find using bunzi/ammurapi awkward. Laevateinn is great weapon, but it isn't easy to get the most out of and outside of AM2 time, its not really that much ahead of anything, so I get the shade it takes.
[+]
By Weeew 2022-04-04 04:20:38
Link | Citer | R

25% flat boost to damage 10%? of the time.
3087 Water -> Agitated Chapuli
3858 Water -> Agitated Chapuli

3178 Blizzard -> Agitated Chapuli
3972 Blizzard -> Agitated Chapuli
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2022-04-04 06:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Weeew said: »

Can you verify if this cuts through SDT similar to Rayke or Subtle Sorcery, please?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-04 06:58:36
Link | Citer | R

What? What makes you think it has any chance of doing that?
[+]
By Weeew 2022-04-04 07:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Slib said: »

Can you verify if this cuts through SDT similar to Rayke or Subtle Sorcery, please?

I tried it on Apex Poxhounds which have 50% blizzard resistance and it functioned the same way... flat 25%
By Weeew 2022-04-04 07:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Also Magic Critical Hit Damage does not affect Magic Critical Hit Rate II
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2022-04-04 10:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Slib said: »

I tried it on Apex Poxhounds which have 50% blizzard resistance and it functioned the same way... flat 25%

Thanks! I am just hoping one day at least black mages get something more than subtle sorcery that cuts through SDT. like Ancient magic III or something. High hopes, but let down again :)

It would make relying on stuff like Rayke, that has an insanely short uptime, a lot less.
By Kasumuni88 2022-04-04 11:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Some of the magic crit hit rate gear is quite high, so this makes me think there is a cap, and with MCRIT II there isn't.

Why would they add this onto 1 piece of gear and nothing else... Surely they are hinting at us to use magic crit gear in some capacity...
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-04 12:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Kasumuni88 said: »
Why would they add this onto 1 piece of gear and nothing else...
Because it's a powerful new stat entirely.
By Guyford 2022-04-04 12:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Yea so weeew is the guy who posted all those fake htmb new items awhile back, and the master lvl stars ect so when someone else starts reporting on this item I'll believe it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-04 12:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
Yea so weeew is the guy who posted all those fake htmb new items awhile back, and the master lvl stars ect so when someone else starts reporting on this item I'll believe it.

Weeew is telling the truth this time. His troll posts are super obvious too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-04-04 12:29:52
Link | Citer | R

If weeew is telling the truth this time, then how does this compare to Ghastly Tathlum +1.
By Weeew 2022-04-04 13:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
If weeew is telling the truth this time, then how does this compare to Ghastly Tathlum +1.

I can really resonate with the story of the boy who cried wolf now... I promise my testing of the new ammo piece is all accurate.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2022-04-04 13:17:39
Link | Citer | R

I would be surprised if it acted similar to Magical Crit 1, as that stat is completely garbage in its current state. It is just additive magic attack bonus which is relied upon by a % chance.

If Weeew is right, the ammo isn't a horrible piece. It also opens up the ability to have Wicce +3 gear become effective if it targets Magic Crit II.

On average, the ammo is a 2.5% damage increase which is probably higher than Ghastly Tathlum +1.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2022-04-04 15:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Kasumuni88 said: »
Some of the magic crit hit rate gear is quite high, so this makes me think there is a cap, and with MCRIT II there isn't.

Why would they add this onto 1 piece of gear and nothing else... Surely they are hinting at us to use magic crit gear in some capacity...
More likely it's a translation derp. Their "new" eng team isn't the best.
Because assuming Weeew is indeed for real... Then this is essentially an entirely new stat that barely functions in any way like the regular Magic Crit.
TBH it functions more similar to the empy set bonus, just set to a 10% chance of +25% damage.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-04-04 16:06:22
Link | Citer | R

By Weeew 2022-04-04 16:31:51
Link | Citer | R

New ammo works on magic weapon skills too..
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-19 21:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Crosspost: did some tests to determine how enmity adjustment works with Mana Wall's static -180 CE per hit reduction. Martel caught all my CE-loss-when-hit related errors and gave me all of the post-Adoulin enmity values for the spells used.

Sirvente's Effect on Mana Wall
BLM Enmity Tally
Stun (180)
Stun (180+180 = 360)
Mana Wall hit taken (Expected enmity after hit: 270 [Sirvente] or 180 [No Sirvente])

BRD Enmity Tally
Stun (180)
Carol x3 (60 + 180 = 240)
Carol x1 (20 + 240 = 260)

Timeline:
Mana Wall and Sirvente applied prior to pull
BRD Stun
BLM Stun
BRD Carol x3
BLM Stun
BRD Carol x1
Enemy wakes up
Hits BLM once (stoneskin)
Hits BLM twice (stoneskin)
Moves to BRD

If Sirvente works, then enemy moves after hitting BLM twice (BLM 270 > BRD 260).
If Sirvente doesn't work, then enemy moves after hitting BLM once (BRD 260 > BLM 180).
If Mana Wall enmity reduction is reliant on receiving MP damage, then enemy will not move until Stoneskin is broken.

Conclusion: Enemy moved after BLM took two hits for 0 MP damage. Sirvente reduces enmity reduction and Mana Wall enmity reduction happens regardless of MP damage taken.

+/- Enmity's Effect on Mana Wall
BLM Enmity Tally
Stun 180
Stun 180 + 180 = 360
Mana Wall hit taken (Expected enmity after hit: 135 [-Enmity] or 180 [No -Enmity])

BRD Enmity Tally
Carol x3 = 60
Carol x3 = 60 + 60 = 120
Carol x2 40 + 120 = 160

Timeline:
Mana Wall applied prior to pull
BRD Carol x3
BLM Stun
BRD Carol x3
BRD Carol x2
BLM Stun
BLM equips -50 enmity in gear
Enemy wakes up
Hits BLM once (stoneskin)
Moves to BRD

If -Enmity works, then enemy moves after hitting BLM once (BRD 160 > BLM 135).
If -Enmity doesn't work, then enemy moves after hitting BLM twice (BLM 180 > BRD 160).

Conclusion: Enemy moved after BLM took one hit for 0MP damage. -Enmity increased the amount of enmity reduced by Mana Wall. Inversely, +Enmity should decrease enmity reduced by Mana Wall.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-04-20 09:46:15
Link | Citer | R

The CE loss reduction from enmity+ gear, and Sirvente(and reduces enmity loss gear) are separate terms.

The following is based on some JP blog info and is not something I've retested, but the total CE loss reduction is capped at -75%, -50% contribution from each term, multiplied.

So assuming +100 in enmity gear, and -50% CE loss from Sirvente/CE loss- gear(I don't know if either of these are possible, I'll leave it to BLMs and BRDs to determine that, I'm just postulating.) then CE loss during mana wall could be reduced to; 180*0.5*0.5= -45 CE per hit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2022-04-20 15:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Never tested in depth as you are, but when I do Kyou, I straight up just BLM manawall tank it with foe sirvente and dishing out 16k shattersouls back to back with bard buffs. My warrior with Dirge can not shed hate off of my black mage after black mage does the initial 10% of its health and then I go to town. This "Inversely, +Enmity should decrease enmity reduced by Mana Wall.", makes perfect sense then with the + enmity I use on black mage...
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Serveur: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-05-19 04:05:43
Link | Citer | R

For aoe cleaving (like dyna-d or apex) would BLM be better off spamming -ga/-ja with artifact body or using an aoe ws like cataclysm? Assuming haste 2 minimum, but no mythic aftermath
By Kasumuni88 2022-05-19 05:36:55
Link | Citer | R

It depends on your party set up. If its a melee party with bard/cor buffs I would suggest AoE weaponskills and be up front to watch for a burst opening.

If you are sitting back and a sch is in your pt you can go to town with bursting on ga/ja spells without having a link to pull hate off someone.

What alot of people forget is that Dyna D mobs build resistance to the same repeated weaponskill used on them. Variation and burst methods are rewarded.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-19 10:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
For aoe cleaving (like dyna-d or apex) would BLM be better off spamming -ga/-ja with artifact body or using an aoe ws like cataclysm?

This isn't even a close call. Elemental magic suffers a reduction to damage on each additional mob hit beyond the first. The damage reduction caps at 40% of the total damage per target on 10 or more mobs. Meaning in a crawler's nest cleave party your -aja's are only doing 40% of their damage per target. AoE weaponskills however do NOT suffer this problem, and they scale vastly harder.

It's normal for -Ajas to do less than 4k damage per mob on the apex mobs in the nest, However earth crusher can do stuff like this

You will need to sub warrior because black mage does not get access to either cataclysm or earth crusher natively. But it's worth it! Cataclysm and earth crusher are both amazing at the cleave camps. Cataclysms mods make it best to use around 1K TP whereas earth crusher scales hardest from 2-3k, so if you're using earth crusher you want to hold tp till closer to 2500 *ish*. Most people prefer cataclysm but personally I get better results from earth crusher.

Don't forget your quanpur necklace if you're going the earth crusher rout.... it's affinity + 5% to all earth elemental attacks so crusher benefits from it. It stacks with the affinity you get from either obi or sash (most nest parties have a scholar so it's usually obi).
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-05-19 15:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Good lord...

I honestly had no idea BLM was pulling damage like that on WSs... Probably buffed to the 9s and not viable in content but still lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 48 49 50