Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50
By Chimerawizard 2021-09-04 13:26:12
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 381727
less merlinic rolling, FC+75 before feet augment. More hp/mp.
body is annoying to get: I still don't have one, so merlinic works as a stand-in and just need aug+12 between the two.

Speaking of elemental celerity, there's also gifts for celerity. so up to 38% there.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-04 14:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Fast cast and elemental casting time is equal in precast set for elemental magic. Fast cast affecting recast works only if you finish casting with fast cast on, which is not a precast set anymore, so it doesn't matter.
[+]
By Finbar 2021-09-18 23:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else have some ideal V15 Ongo sets? I see Melphina's a few pages back, but curious on second opinions. I can get HQ everything (already have Amalric +1, but lacking in Ea +1), but not trying to break the bank and want to make sure INT and macc is up to snuff.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2021-09-19 00:24:04
Link | Citer | R

do Burn stack with Impact or is its one or the other
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
Serveur: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-19 00:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
do Burn stack with Impact or is its one or the other
They stack, its 2 different debuffs.
[+]
 Asura.Lanun
By Asura.Lanun 2021-09-19 00:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Finbar said: »
Anyone else have some ideal V15 Ongo sets? I see Melphina's a few pages back, but curious on second opinions. I can get HQ everything (already have Amalric +1, but lacking in Ea +1), but not trying to break the bank and want to make sure INT and macc is up to snuff.

To have proper macc and INT for Ongo V15 you'll want to aim for the set Melphina posted. A couple upgrades would be Regal earring over Barkarole and Metamorph Ring+1 over Mujin band. Be sure to have solid Myrkr, Aspir, and idle refresh sets along with a quick toggle for changing MB midcast body to AF+3 when you find yourself running low on MP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-19 06:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lanun said: »

To have proper macc and INT for Ongo V15 you'll want to aim for the set Melphina posted. A couple upgrades would be Regal earring over Barkarole and Metamorph Ring+1 over Mujin band. Be sure to have solid Myrkr, Aspir, and idle refresh sets along with a quick toggle for changing MB midcast body to AF+3 when you find yourself running low on MP.

I tried a lot of different builds out for Ongo V15 recently, as we beat him earlier and when we returned to him to get new members of our static the v15 win, we really struggled. In the end, I still use a pretty standard build like Melphina posted- Ea+1 is just too good, and needs for extreme macc/INT, while quite legitimate, are best handled by a change in buffs rather than gear. What's the big deal in an extra 17INT and 21 macc when a change in buffs could triple those benefits?

Its a fight of attrition, and the ability to maintain high tier nukes matters just as much as the gear (at a certain point- the INT/macc needs are high, no doubt). So subtle changes in an idle set, or the ability to occasionally cast in Occult set for a quick Myrkr, or a toggle for the AF+3 body (as mentioned above) are all great things that show their value a lot in this fight.

Use all your tools. While in the end its all about those nukes, the other things enable those numbers in subtle ways.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-19 06:46:13
Link | Citer | R

While some +1 ea wouldnt hurt, i managed to beat v15 ongo with just NQ ea stuff and used the neck from tenzen. Just saying cuz it wasnt a top of the line set at all and still manged to win with a few minutes to spare, its more about skillchains going off, buffs and JA resets.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-19 08:56:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jdove said: »
its more about skillchains going off, buffs and JA resets.

and not having a magic accuracy down aura :)
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-09-19 12:40:04
Link | Citer | R

hm would it be fine to throw out a Burst II for the earth resist-?
Also, can you aspir ongo? nvm, it's mentioned in sets to have, so obviously yes.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-19 16:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
hm would it be fine to throw out a Burst II for the earth resist-?
Also, can you aspir ongo? nvm, it's mentioned in sets to have, so obviously yes.

I don't think I'd risk a Burst II on him. Definitely favor Stoneja, and use the Empy+1 legs when situations allow it, even in your burst sets. I really appreciate the cumulative damage bonus and the extended window to build those up from -aja spells. Our group also uses moments of Sniper Shot and Vidohunir to reduce MDB and INT- they don't last a ton, but they do land their after-effects (have witnessed them wearing off).

An earlier comment about not needing absolute BiS sets is 100% true- execution and just keeping damage going is huge. It truly is a war of attrition.....and as SimonSes mentioned- hope you don't get the -macc aura!
By Finbar 2021-09-19 20:48:49
Link | Citer | R

While some +1 ea wouldnt hurt, i managed to beat v15 ongo with just NQ ea stuff and used the neck from tenzen. Just saying cuz it wasnt a top of the line set at all and still manged to win with a few minutes to spare, its more about skillchains going off, buffs and JA resets.
Hey, just let me have one excuse to improve my BLM! Sheesh.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2021-09-20 06:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Hey, just let me have one excuse to improve my BLM! Sheesh.

I’ll blm for your ongos Fin.

Edit: also hit me up in game ill explain all if my sets I use.
By flyingtaru 2021-10-01 14:41:36
Link | Citer | R

You mean you weren't using proper buffing in the first place? Or gosh, do both?

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Lanun said: »

I tried a lot of different builds out for Ongo V15 recently, as we beat him earlier and when we returned to him to get new members of our static the v15 win, we really struggled. In the end, I still use a pretty standard build like Melphina posted- Ea+1 is just too good, and needs for extreme macc/INT, while quite legitimate, are best handled by a change in buffs rather than gear. What's the big deal in an extra 17INT and 21 macc when a change in buffs could triple those benefits?

Its a fight of attrition, and the ability to maintain high tier nukes matters just as much as the gear (at a certain point- the INT/macc needs are high, no doubt). So subtle changes in an idle set, or the ability to occasionally cast in Occult set for a quick Myrkr, or a toggle for the AF+3 body (as mentioned above) are all great things that show their value a lot in this fight.

Use all your tools. While in the end its all about those nukes, the other things enable those numbers in subtle ways.
 Asura.Maleev
user: Cadoh
By Asura.Maleev 2021-10-01 14:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Why don't they give BLM a method of multi attack nuking? Or carry over bonus damage. There's other games where mage units have multi attack nuking spells.
By gargurty 2021-10-18 14:19:49
Link | Citer | R

trying to make my death sets ready for dyna d 1shotting stats. whats the range of mp i need to have to 1shot wave2? So i can adjust my idle and fc sets better to keep maintianing the amount needed :)
By Finbar 2021-10-23 14:30:50
Link | Citer | R

gargurty said: »
trying to make my death sets ready for dyna d 1shotting stats. whats the range of mp i need to have to 1shot wave2? So i can adjust my idle and fc sets better to keep maintianing the amount needed :)
There's a post a few pages back that had a set for about 1220 MP, but the set is blank now. I may try to put together my own (still need a few ranks for my +2 neck; hah to all of you who said I don't need a perfect set - eat me), so if they don't beat me to it I'll see what I can come up with.

Edit: I put together a 404 MAB death set and will try it out in Dynamis tonight to see if resistances are a problem. That should put me around 1200 MP one-shots. I'd need bigger MAB losses to gain more macc, so we'll see.
 Odin.Nappy
Serveur: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2021-11-15 06:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have an updated enfeebling set? Also, what is the go-to sub now? I saw a set for cataclysm but you need a special sub for that which is lame imo.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-15 08:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Does anyone have an updated enfeebling set?

ItemSet 382538

This is what I use. Bunzi's rod doesn't have to be R20, but it does get 5 extra magic accuracy over lower ranks so bonus points to you if it is. Daybreak is a perfectly acceptable substitute in place of Bunzi's rod.

Quote:
Also, what is the go-to sub now?

Nothing has changed. The biggest thing mages got from Ilvl 53 sub job is curaga 3, and if that ever matters on anything you bring black mage to you're doing something wrong. /scholar and /rdm are both acceptable subs
By SimonSes 2021-11-15 08:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The set bonus for wearing all 5 artifact pieces + regal earring is 75 magic accuracy

AF set bonus caps at 5 pieces. You can have either 4AF+Regal or 5AF. Regal doesn't add anything over 5AF.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-11-15 08:17:51
Link | Citer | R

For black mage, if you've got it, I'd also look at using augmented Contemplator +1 + Khonsu
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-15 08:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
AF set bonus caps at 5 pieces. You can have either 4AF+Regal or 5AF. Regal doesn't add anything over 5AF.

I actually didn't know that. In that case I'd keep the 5/5 AF armor and just use barkarole earring instead of regal earring. I updated the equipset accordingly.
[+]
 Odin.Nappy
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2021-11-15 10:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Would Cohort cloak +1 be better? I also have Regal Cuffs so I assume use them and put in regal earring. Would legs and feet still be AF for the MACC?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-15 10:31:19
Link | Citer | R

You could add some enfeebling duration to that set if you're not getting resists.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-11-16 10:35:37
Link | Citer | R

This is not what I have, but if you're looking at bis or "what to aim for" here is what I think is BIS for BLM enfeebling.

BLM Enfeeble Max Duration BLM Enfeeble Max Acc
ItemSet 382549 ItemSet 382550

Set relevant stats:
+35% Enfeebling Duration
5/5 AF macc set bonus with Regal Earring

Alternates:
Club options: Gada, Bunzi's rod, Daybreak, Maxentius with Ammurapi shield
Staff Options: Mpaca's staff, marin staff +1, Xoanon
Body/Head Alternative: cohort cloak +1 This is really close in terms of acc, might be BIS, not sure
Ear Options: crepuscular earring, barkarole earring
Ring Options: metamorph ring +1

Set relevant stats:
+20% Enfeebling Duration
5/5 AF macc set bonus with Regal Earring

Alternatives: Same as other set.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-11-16 11:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Blm can't use the sheol sash
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-11-16 11:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh, my bad, replace with acuity then
By lazywolf 2021-11-26 17:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Returning players (over 3 years off)trying to build low man setups around a BLM. Need to know Job options. Never really played BLM so outside of basic stuff like "this is a MB" I am learning as I go.

With between 1 and 3 players aiding the BLM what jobs would work out best?

Sounds like SCH is helpful but not sure why. Is it just the SC and weather? What about COR, GEO or even an actual tank? Would a melee spamming SC help out?

Looking to do things like HTBFs, Ambuscade and Omen someday when our gear is good enough.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2021-11-27 23:51:00
Link | Citer | R

RUN GEO SCH i would say is the best set up for low man setups for MB
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-28 08:27:42
Link | Citer | R

Just got my Ongo V15 clear last night and was a bit surprised with it. I had been recently working on catching my BLM up from Escha era and a friend invited me to come. I figured at worst, it would be a learning experience. It took 4 attempts, but we were close from the get go.

RUN COR BRD GEO SCH BLM

Typical strategies. iGEO did Geo-Acumen, Indi-INT, and Entrust-Focus. BLM and GEO would keep Impact up. Could not get Burn to land after a few tries, so stopped bothering. When a MB window wasn't open, I would be spamming lower tier Stones just to fill in damage. When it opened, I did Stoneja, then Stone VI. GEO and SCH would also nuke. SCH would land Geohelix inside MB window to try to keep it up.

Biggest takeaway for me was to always be nuking. MP wasn't an issue locking to Lathi (augmented Mirin would obviously be better, but my R1 Mirin has worse stats) for Cascade/Myrkr, getting WC, and Ballads keeping me going throughout. I had brought Vile Elixirs I never touched and used Manafont, Manawell when it was up.

So yeah, you don't need Ea to beat this, despite what everyone parrots on the internet. You just need good support and coordination. As you can see, I haven't even finished out my ammo, back, or neck. With this set, I was able to do ~75% of the damage necessarily to kill it.

ItemSet 382664

Augments:
Lathi with INT+15,MAB+15,Mag. Acc.+15.
Ghastly only rank 1.
Sorcerer's Stole +2 r18.
Merlinic Jubbah with Mag. Acc.+24, MAB +37.
Merlinic Shalwar with Mag. Acc.+17, MAB +32, Magic Dmg +3.
Taranus's Cape with INT+20, Mag. Acc+20 /Magic Dmg.+20, MAB +10.

Additional info edit from questions asked elsewhere: BLM ML7. It was not Earthsday, which we missed waiting on someone who went AFK.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50