A Question For Career Blm/rdm Concerning Blm/sch

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » A question for career blm/rdm concerning blm/sch
A question for career blm/rdm concerning blm/sch
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-20 11:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Aaroca said:

I'm not asking a question. Our ls usually runs omega with only a couple blms to control gunpods (I dc'd on the last omega at 25%, was't pretty). Even if your tanks are nin/drks, blms are on some kind of gunpod duty. Though, if your ls has a pt of blms, I can see why.

Well yeah blms kill pods but they are on a timer and pretty easy to predict. 1 at first phase change another at <25% then 1 every 5 min later. Leaves you plenty of time for nuking omega. Our general setup was tank pt 2nin/drk 1 brd 1 rdm/drk 1 sch as a buffer. Then seperate pt of blms. We never brought more than 10 people well main pt we had some buyers sitting doing nothing outside and weve done it as low as 7 with no problems. The main reason we didnt generally do it with less is time concerns since 1 blm nuking being the only dmg is kinda hard to get omegas health down in time and still be able to farm even 1 pod.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 12:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Blazza said:

Dasva, As I said earlier, if you're doing 6 AMII's in a row and not pulling hate, you're obviously getting resisted a lot, that, or you're a liar.

Get better tanks

Quote of the day.

I don't know what NM you're referring to here, but I'm going to assume you're hitting at least 1k on your AMII's. Ignoring any spell cast time reductions from SCH, this is at least 6k damage in a minute. And you're not pulling hate... Uh huh.

Dasva said:
1 at first phase change another at <25% then 1 every 5 min later.

Wait what? You've done HOW many Omegas? Gunpods have a chance of popping when Omega switches from 4 legs to 2 legs. This is not guaranteed, and depending on how long it takes you to get him down to 25%, he can change forms any number of times (4 minutes apart, as he changes forms every 2 minutes until 25%). During the final form, pod-ejection is a tp move, and since Omega will have regain at this point, it can happen at any time.

I'm going to cut you some slack and assume you're always the rdm/drk, which gives you a very piss-weak excuse for getting this wrong.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-20 12:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:

Dasva said:
1 at first phase change another at <25% then 1 every 5 min later.

Wait what? You've done HOW many Omegas? Gunpods have a chance of popping when Omega switches from 4 legs to 2 legs. This is not guaranteed, and depending on how long it takes you to get him down to 25%, he can change forms any number of times (4 minutes apart, as he changes forms every 2 minutes until 25%). During the final form, pod-ejection is a tp move, and since Omega will have regain at this point, it can happen at any time.

I'm going to cut you some slack and assume you're always the rdm/drk, which gives you a very piss-weak excuse for getting this wrong.

Im gunna cut you slack cause your knowledge of magery in general is on par with this guys...
User submitted image
Your knowledge is horribly wrong. My first post is correct and documented on all kinds of forums. I've done quite a few omegas usually as blm/sch but at first when we didnt have as many rdm/drk even blu a couple of times. Pod eject isn't tp based period. At the end when we would bring a good 3-4 blms we rarely had more then a 2-3 of phase changes before getting it to 25% but when before we did we never ever had more then 1 pod come out before 25% that I can remember and always had one come out in one of the first phase changes and one at 25%. After 25% we litterally planned for pods by timing it. We've done this time and time again. Used to fight 1 omega a week then after we lost some memebers more like 2-3 a month for a over a full year before we got a good 15-20 people full homam mostly cause a few quit when they got full and sold at least 40 peices. And its regain is pretty piss poor
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 12:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you just claimed to have killed around 50 Proto-Omegas. Amazing then that most of what you just said is wrong.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-20 13:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Lol ok whatever keep thinking that this is what happened. Not to mention what we researched on forums like this and BG and kanican. This happened period. I don't give 2 shits what you think this mob does.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-20 13:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Yeah, you just claimed to have killed around 50 Proto-Omegas. Amazing then that most of what you just said is wrong.

prove him wrong then, instead of saying "you are wrong, even though I have no way of backing up my statements"
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 13:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Lol ok whatever keep thinking that this is what happened. Not to mention what we researched on forums like this and BG and kanican. This happened period. I don't give 2 shits what you think this mob does.

/clap

Bravo. This is by far the most intelligent post I've ever seen from you. I am genuinely impressed.

You and I don't generally see eye to eye, but as I've said many a time before, my responses are to what's in your post, rather than to you (albeit they will tend to be somewhat biased by my general dislike of you), so when I say that I'm impressed, I really do mean it.

I still think you're full of ***, but that was the perfect response to my obvious trolling, and Krapg could really learn something from this.

</discussion>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 13:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Blazza said:

prove him wrong then, instead of saying "you are wrong, even though I have no way of backing up my statements"

Dude, you're the spokesperson for that comment. But I'm done arguing with you for that exact reason. You're a stupid ***, but you're quite talented at bending the "conversation" around the ridiculous flaws in your logic.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-20 13:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Davsa, we got to remember this

Blazza is an Australian.

His logic is always flawed.

We should try to aruge with him, because, in his mind, because we are American, we are always wrong.

I mean, compare the 2 countries together wealthwise, but we are still wrong.

Tech wise, but we are still wrong.

Educationwise, but we are still wrong.

To him, he is right, and everyone else is wrong.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-20 13:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Seriously at the end we'd just nuke it down to <10% and didn't give it any tp and watched it eject a pod every 5 min on the dot without doing any tp moves while other times giving it tp and seeing lots of tp moves and still only ejecting a pod on the 5 min mark. If I remember right the first pod after the <25% one is actually more like 3 min after idk its been a little while.

I'm totally serious me and another guy would time it and we'd go pods about to spawn and sure enough it would. Pod eject isn't a tp move he just crouches down the same way he does when he does tp moves. Just look it up you'll see the same thing over and over
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 13:34:51
Link | Citer | R

You ruined it, your last response with the whole "I don't give 2 shits" attitude was perfect.

And Korpg, what the *** does any of that have to do with anything? Wealth/Tech/Education? Seriously?

The only person here who has brought nationality into this is you. I couldn't give a ***what country you're from, I'm arguing with you because you're A: wrong and B: a *** douche. Actually, I'm so past caring I'm not even arguing with you any more, mostly I'm just in a constant state of stupendity at the ***you come up with. That's right, I'm so stupendous at your drivel that I had to make up a new word to describe it. (Should probably be stupendousness, but I like mine better)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-20 13:35:43
Link | Citer | R

So anyways back to blm/sch discussions...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-20 13:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
I'm arguing with you because you're A: wrong and B: a *** douche.

Korpg said:

To him, he is right, and everyone else is wrong.

Point proven
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-20 14:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Topic Ban can we have it....
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 14:14:50
Link | Citer | R

All of your responses make me feel like I need to spell out every single one of my comments 1st grade style, listing every single aspect of the conversation in which I'm referring to. And so, I let me clarify my response:

I WAS arguing with you, because;

A: on the majority of the points we were arguing about at the time, you were wrong. If you were right, I would not have been arguing. There were a couple of points (relating to AM spell cost and AMII damage) that I was wrong about, which I honestly feel didn't change the overall point that I was making, regardless of the fact that you missed said point entirely. Repeatedly. Your responses to my weaker points were on a maturity level on par with "YOUR FACE", and still, most often, completely failed to actually address the topic at hand.

B: you're a *** douche.

Your logic (is non-existent, following statement is null and void) is so flawed on so many of the subjects that you bring up. According to purposed logic, I argue with you because I am Australian, and you are American. By this logic, I would argue with every single thing that 95% of the this forums posters write. This is clearly not the case, as I only argue with things that I fond both A: wrong and B: worthy of correcting.

However, due to my previous statement, I have discovered a major flaw in my own argument in that none of the ***you dribble is worth correcting. I will now implode due to a paradox and you have now won an internets. Congratulations.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-20 14:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Since nothing in here on the last page and a half remotely related to the OP I'm utterly amazed that this topic hasn't been deleted... Cmon Mods do your job... delete posts, topic ban or move this blackhole of a thread to the Flame Core where it deserves to bee...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 14:29:49
Link | Citer | R

A: While the three of us have gone stupidly over the top with the pointless arguing, it is actually an argument on blm/sch in certain situations, so technically, we're still on topic.

B: Mods have to be lurking forums 24/7 now?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-20 18:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Alyria was in here 2x already telling folks to behave so it's not like there isn't anyone among the powers that being caught unawares by the shenanigans in here is all...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-20 18:56:24
Link | Citer | R

you two love birds finished now?
 Siren.Yunalie
Serveur: Siren
user: Rayln
By Siren.Yunalie 2009-09-21 01:25:46
Link | Citer | R

why cant weeee be friends, why cant weeeee be friends why cant we be friends? :D
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-21 08:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Why is it always the same 3 or 4 people that ruin a thread.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-21 08:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Because nobody else is dumb enough to repeat themselves in 10 different threads. Really, this ***is pathetic. Topic ban/lock please.
 Odin.Nermal
user: Kaeko
By Odin.Nermal 2009-09-23 04:46:30
Link | Citer | R

To the OP:

The answer is going to heavily rely on your playstyle. You seemed a bit defensive in your original post regarding your favoritism towards /RDM, but really there is no reason for this. /RDM is a very well-accepted BLM sub, and the default for nearly all solos.

The /RDM playstyle is maximized on a BLM with the "one man army" attitude - that is you almost play as if you are soloing when even you are in groups. A classic example of this would be Dynamis, where BLMs are often scouting ahead statue killing. This sort of playstyle was considered a "selfish" choice early on in the game's metagame; however, it is quite well received nowadays for a number of reasons - the most obvious being that BLM is a 'soloist' job in many regards now (just look at leveling). Given the improved strengths of other jobs like WHM, the need for addition backline support of BLM/WHM is less stressed.

This change in philosophy regarding BLM sub choice has a lot to do with your question about /SCH. The meta-game largely shifted BLM to a more "self-sufficient" role over the years, which highlights /RDM sub. SCH offers the robust MP efficiency, but as you stated in your OP, you lose that "self-sufficiency" when you remove your defensive buffs and gravity. Because of this, you essentially become the "glass cannon" people used to view BLM as years ago.

This is not to say it's a useless sub, it just makes you more reliant on your team. The "get better tanks" argument is a not-so-nice way to express this idea. The Proto-Omega example is good for this. Gunpods hit hard - a double attack can easily 1 shot you with defensive buffs. If the situation ever suggest "I might get hit", you will really really want those defensive buffs. If not and you trust everyone, then the added MP Efficiency may be useful.

Personally, I view /SCH as niche/exotic BLM sub. The FFXI metagame views BLM as a "scout" (e.g. Dynamis), and an crowd-controller in addition to the offensive power. The first 2 really require defensive abilities to play well. BLMs must realize that this isn't 2004-05 anymore - many times we are not the primary DD nowadays, and our support roles often outweigh our offensive strengths. For the few events where you can still lay back and nuke as you please - consider /SCH, otherwise, play it safe and use a Blink/Skin SJ.

OFFTOPIC:
Regarding the "get better tanks" argument, please realize any player can steal hate from another player if both are at the hate cap. Simply hitting the hate cap automatically puts you at the top. If you do enough damage, it doesn't matter what you tank did, you will steal hate, at the very least, for a moment. Assuming the tank is at the 'cap', however, a simple action will revert this effect.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1589 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-03-25 11:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Jos
By Pantafernando 2014-03-25 12:00:30