Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Elizabet
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-01-25 13:46:24
Link | Citer | R

The real question that comes to my mind is if you aren't doing croc /daybreak stuff, why not TP bonus off hand sword?
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2020-01-25 17:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »
The real question that comes to my mind is if you aren't doing croc /daybreak stuff, why not TP bonus off hand sword?
Ah I dont have one yet. Would dps be better than kclub off hand? I figured the fast tp gain and extra enspell damage would be better but if not, will build a tp bonus sword
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-25 17:21:20
Link | Citer | R

TP Bonus gives superior Savage Blades. Get that if that's what you want to prioritize. Ternion +1 is probably your best OH of choice if you're looking to find a good balance between between melee accuracy/tp speed and enspell damage. I think RDM gets somewhere around 37% TA with Temper 2 + Ternion +1, which is a huge boost in addition to the low delay. I doubt Kraken Club would outperform that on anything relevant, but I would be interested in seeing it.
[+]
By Fauve 2020-01-25 17:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Which WS tends to put out better numbers, Black Halo or Savage Blade? I have a BH set, but was wonder if I should also make one for SB.
By Nariont 2020-01-25 18:01:49
Link | Citer | R

BH i think can spike higher due to the +% dmg applying to MA hits which rdm can get plenty of through temper 2, set for both is virtually the same anyway
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-01-25 18:03:58
Link | Citer | R

SB is a tad more accurate / more consistant. BH can spike higher but is club, so acc is a bit lower. They use almost the same set, so why not?

On harder stuff, between the 2, SB is likely to win due to RDM being usually attack starved, and the Naegling bonus helps a lot raise attack.

As everything in XI, depends on the situation, and buffs you got.
By Fauve 2020-01-25 18:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Ah okay, I’ll just use my BH set with it and see how it goes then. Do you guys use SB with Naegling or with the Su4/5 weapon?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-25 21:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Hit master and got my crocea and working on my Sanguine/Seraph sets now.

My merlinic legs are currently augged with:

INT+9, MACC+22, MAB+36 (MBD+4% kinda irrelevant). Would I be looking at a major upgrade by getting amalric+1 legs over these?
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-25 23:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

INT+9, MACC+22, MAB+36 (MBD+4% kinda irrelevant). Would I be looking at a major upgrade by getting amalric+1 legs over these?
set bonus makes comparing the two more difficult without knowing your set. would you also be using Amalric Nails/Doublet +1 (thereby getting an extra +30 MAB for 3 total pieces of the set)?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-25 23:41:19
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »

set bonus makes comparing the two more difficult without knowing your set. would you also be using Amalric Nails/Doublet +1 (thereby getting an extra +30 MAB for 3 total pieces of the set)?

This is very accurate. I have pretty good augments on all my merlinic pieces (33 or more matk on all of them). I still get better damage from Amalric +1 in body/hands/legs/feet. I have an acc set with my merlinic set though.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-26 06:36:49
Link | Citer | R

Ahhhhh I forgot to account for set bonus!

I have doublet and gages +1 but no nails :/ I guess I’ll re-calc it with that consideration.

ItemSet 371025

Hood has +36 mab and something like ~25 macc and 5 int.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-01-26 07:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Jhakri cuffs +2 have WSD7%, almost certainly going to be BiS
[+]
By mhomho 2020-01-26 08:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Is Murgleis good for TP? If I made one REMA on RDM would murgleis get me through? Could multi-step light with bow?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-26 08:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Jhakri cuffs +2 have WSD7%, almost certainly going to be BiS

Yea you’re right. I am actually using them just derped when making the item set because I had amalric set bonus in my head.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-01-26 12:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't Fotia Belt / Neck here be better? (Assuming no Orpheus)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-26 12:55:50
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
Is Murgleis good for TP? If I made one REMA on RDM would murgleis get me through? Could multi-step light with bow?

Murgleis is fun and yes you can multi step with the bow, I’ve solo self scd kei a few times this way but alas with temper 2 and abundance of stp gear available the need for Murgleis outside of a max magic accuracy set is zero to none. Mines r15 and the only time I ever use it is the rare occasion I actually convert.

That said I have every rema for rdm aside from mandau and in terms of physical dd situation I normally use my path b Crocea Mors now.
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-26 17:35:25
Link | Citer | R

I have doublet and gages +1 but no nails :/ I guess I’ll re-calc it with that consideration.

ItemSet 371025

yeah, Hood will be a better option til you are rocking Vitiation +2/3. another consideration: if you are using Crocea path C, MND ends up being better to stack, even for Sanguine, because of how Crocea C affects elemental WS damage.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-26 22:36:17
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 371025

yeah, Hood will be a better option til you are rocking Vitiation +2/3. another consideration: if you are using Crocea path C, MND ends up being better to stack, even for Sanguine, because of how Crocea C affects elemental WS damage.

I have viti head +3 but I was under the impression that merlinic hood with about 30 or more MAB would be better?

I think the breakdown was something like 1WSD ~= 4 MAB
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2020-01-26 22:37:51
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 371025

I have viti head +3 but I was under the impression that merlinic hood with about 30 or more MAB would be better?

I've read that 1 WSDMG = 3-4 MAB so most likely MAB will win
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-26 23:35:30
Link | Citer | R

ugh, forgot Chapeau has absolutely zero MAB on it, and I doubt the 23 point raw stat difference plus WSD would make up if you have MAB on Merlinic high enough. though, if/when I get my Mortarboard +3 for Burst situations, I may just try to dump merlinic hood completely because my inventory is just too damned tight with all the JSE necks and capes cluttering us. I am literally struggling to find what I can dump that I wouldn't otherwise use on my other frequent jobs, as I am at 76/80 when in full RDM kit.
By eeternal 2020-01-27 00:01:10
Link | Citer | R

What's the priority for getting AF upgrades for RDM? assuming you will focus on debuffs/dd... Thank you
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-01-27 00:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Airoh said: »

ItemSet 371025

I've read that 1 WSDMG = 3-4 MAB so most likely MAB will win

That's going to depend on the WS calculation and the job. WSD being 3-4 MAB is roughly how it works for Corsair's with Leaden Salute, but COR has a lot less MAB access. The more MAB you have, the more WSD is worthwhile, and RDM is also going to have less access to WSD, so taking it where you can get it may work best. Complete guess but I'd wager 1 WSD is closer to 5 MAB for RDM.

That said I haven't looked into how Crocea effects elemental WS damage, because if it counts as WSD that'll probably devalue WSD considerably.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-01-27 00:24:43
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
What's the priority for getting AF upgrades for RDM? assuming you will focus on debuffs/dd... Thank you

Uhh, there isn't, really. AF legs are heals, AF feet are trash, AF hands have some WSD and likely BiS for savage blade so there is that. AF body is for Refresh potency, and technically best for landing debuffs, but landing with Empy body is better potency. And AF head is just for fast cast.
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-27 00:28:59
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »

AF: Tabard is the only piece of AF I would recommend for debuffing, other slots are better filled with other pieces.
Gloves are supposedly slightly better than Jhakri +2 for Savage Blade, while they double as great for Enhancing spells; the Tights are also amazing for Enhancing spells.

neither Boots nor Chapeau are a priority, the former offering little to nothing of value, and the latter's primary focus is as a FC piece, but RDM has plenty of ways of capping FC. personally, I would devote Cards to the more important Tabard, Gloves, and Tights, then upgrade the Chapeau to +2 if desired.

Relic: descending importance would probably be head > feet/body > hands > legs. Chapeau is amazing for debuffs and the Boots add duration. Tabard for enhancing and Gloves for Boost spells. Legs would be the lowest priority in that the only thing they really bring to the table is the most DEX in the leg slot for Weaponskills.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-27 02:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Artifact

Relic

Empyrean
 Asura.Radamantis
By Asura.Radamantis 2020-01-27 02:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
That said I have every rema for rdm aside from mandau and in terms of physical dd situation I normally use my path b Crocea Mors now.
Hi there,
Which Offhand and Weapon skill are you using in that scenario.
By SimonSes 2020-01-27 02:21:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Technically you will want 5/5 Empy armor, for Composure duration.

4/5 with af gloves actually.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-27 02:23:49
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Technically you will want 5/5 Empy armor, for Composure duration.

4/5 with af gloves actually.
Absolutely right!
Granted you still want hands for Sabo debuffs though, I'd dare to say.

Also when we get reforged +3, those gloves might become BiS for enfeebling regardless of Sabo.
By SimonSes 2020-01-27 02:26:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Radamantis said: »
Quote:
Hi there,

Kinda wonder this myself. Path B seems to be the best for subtle blow or self skillchaining, but savage blade should be better with Naegling, CDC with almace, elemental WSs with path C.
[+]
 Asura.Radamantis
By Asura.Radamantis 2020-01-27 02:27:57
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Radamantis said: »
Quote:
Hi there,

Kinda wonder this myself. Path B seems to be the best for subtle blow or self skillchaining, but savage blade should be better with Naegling, CDC with almace, elemental WSs with path C.

Thats what i think and why im asking, maybe im missing something.
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 141 142 143