First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-12 06:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Zerde: Does it always/sometimes/never proc blue or white !!?
Happened to us a few times.

Got a few questions about Albumen melee myself. Gonna try it next week and it's gonna be our first attempt melee-style.

1) How does the fight flow with melee style? Wait until all adds have popped, wipe, raise, sleep and zerg? Or are you expected to kill Albumen in the 2 minutes between pop and second wave of adds with no wipe strat involved?

2) Which buffs are mandatory? Aside from obvious DD buffs I heard you need Vex, Attunement, 2x Fire Carol, 2x Dark Carol, Baramnesra, Barfira? Something else?

Thanks.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-12 07:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

Got a few questions about Albumen melee myself. Gonna try it next week and it's gonna be our first attempt melee-style.

1) How does the fight flow with melee style? Wait until all adds have popped, wipe, raise, sleep and zerg? Or are you expected to kill Albumen in the 2 minutes between pop and second wave of adds with no wipe strat involved?

2) Which buffs are mandatory? Aside from obvious DD buffs I heard you need Vex, Attunement, 2x Fire Carol, 2x Dark Carol, Baramnesra, Barfira? Something else?

Thanks.

Most groups sit until all pets are out, wipe and keep strict watch on bard times to sleep the group.
By Brynach 2017-05-12 07:15:20
Link | Citer | R

How does the fight flow with melee style? Wait until all adds have popped, wipe, raise, sleep and zerg? Or are you expected to kill Albumen in the 2 minutes between pop and second wave of adds with no wipe strat involved?

1. We used to wait until all adds were popped, wipe the group, then get up and fight after rebuff and weakness wore. Now, we buff before pop then begin right after initial sleep. When we do really well, we have killed albumen in as fast as just under 4 mins with approx. 15 ppl. Just Wed, we killed albumen in roughly 7 mins with 12.
2. As to buffs, we have 2 cors for hunter, sam, chaos and fourth roll changes. We have 1 brd in group to buff and handle sleeps, but we also have an outside REM brd mule assist with doing 2 ice carol, 2 fire carol and 1 dark carol. With Vex, Attune, Frailty, Torpor when I have 2 geos (occasionally ill have a third geo because they have no other useful job options so they will do Wilt), barfira and baramnesra, we see almost no paralyze or amnesia during the fight. I also really pound in that the Blus ( I use blus for this fight) pay close attn. to their defensive buffs because of the hate shift.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-12 07:21:55
Link | Citer | R

You can do either. JA resets and/or coordinating with your second BRD for more T/N sleeps would be advised if doing no wipe method. We usually bring a BLU/BLM to Elemental Seal Entomb to both wake them up and petrify adds so we can safely relullaby if needed.

I don't think I bother using 2x Carol for any situation in the game at the moment (cue discussion on NMs people double Carol for). We have 1 BRD doing DD songs and 1 BRD doing Fire/Ice/Dark/Wind/Water Carol. With Soul Voice in addition to Idris Vex/Attunement that's usually enough. Don't forget to throw on Nocturne as well if you don't bother bringing an RDM.

And avoid fighting it at nighttime. Phaeosynthesis is a much bigger problem for melee groups than mage groups.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-05-12 08:49:29
Link | Citer | R

I'd recommend bolster(or BoG/EA) wilt on pretty much everything melee are involved in now. Negates the chances of a DD dying in 1 TP move or an unlucky hit>counter combo while HP down'd. It's even very useful on something like Schah where Besieger's Bane and Banneret Charge would normally be very risky when they go off, but with ***hitting melee for 50/hit or 0/hit on the PLD with Phalanx up 1 tic of Regen usually makes people safe until they can be cured.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-12 09:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I'd recommend bolster(or BoG/EA) wilt on pretty much everything melee are involved in now

Some of the NM's it's fade instead of wilt as their TP moves are magic based. The idea is correct though, we should always have some sort of defensive debuff happening to tone down the damage intake.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-12 09:41:32
Link | Citer | R

With 3 blus in a 9 man group, it usually dies around 3 min in. BRD can super revit to sleep second set of adds.

With a comparable party using a heavier DD job, it's very reasonable to kill in under 2 min, but I'd still suggest having a backup plan.

Unless you're spamming for drops or using outside buffers, the extra 10 min waiting for adds to pop is honestly not a big deal. If you aren't confident, there's really not any issue with letting them pop before you engage.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-12 11:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks.
Just beat this lil pink pain in the *** for our 4th time melee last night. went 1/3 because I messed up twice (yay me) So far we do wait the 4 min to get all adds out. Our leader does the whole N/T pops and rebuys revit yells at me to pop soon as I see em, I pop they hold back for nin and whm 1hr mandy to do their things. Once all 4 are slept after that, its just a ride the whm cure and fealty game. 2nd set is almost always 3 or 4 sec after 2min mark so same thing N/T sleeps. 3rd wave wipe. We had x2 blu 1 rdm melee with total 12 ppl. total 9 songs 2 rolls (cor did run and galant rolls on me after switching pt happened.) 4 geos. The whole Entomb + resleep also worked for us. as comeatmebro said in the past Tank was there basically for adds while DD damage/tank so they have to know when to turn and when to manage damage. It is spammy but it is doable best of luck on it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-16 14:11:24
Link | Citer | R

One last thing, how do you handle the dispel photosynthesys with DD setup? With no Focus/Languor I don't see the mages being able to Finale or Dispel that.
You just ignore it and keep your fingers crossed Albu dies before he levels up too many times?

Last but not least, anybody knows the acc requirements for Albumen after the GEO nerf?
I think with 2x SV madrigal + 1x SV Honor March you shouldn't be needing both Torpor AND precision but just one, right?
If the DDs have a good enough acc set probably could skip Torpor entirely and just survive on the SV songs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-16 14:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Albumen can only use phaeosynthesis at night, best to just kill it during the day. I believe BRD can land with troub up, but it seems like it still gains a ton of evasion even if you dispel almost instantly.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-16 14:49:31
Link | Citer | R

BLUs might be able to Osmosis the Regain and Multi Strikes effects. The evasion boost is certainly undispellable, though, similar to Chloris' Phaeosynthesis.

As for accuracy requirements, I made a list of brief testing with results in this thread, but I guess you'd have a hard time finding it now.

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Warder of Courage:
1682 acc - 55.87% hit rate (1099 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1720]

Onychophora:
1329 acc - 46.35% hit rate (507 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1386]

Teles:
1606 acc - 84.87% hit rate (1652 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1586]

Albumen:
1682 acc - 29.59% hit rate (970 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1773]

Schah:
1595 acc - 77.95% (440 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1589]

Vinipata:
1595 acc - 80.86% (162 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1583]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-16 16:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Are those numbers post geo-nerf Llewelyn?
We tried it tonight with the following buffs:

Madrigalx2 (SV)
Honor March (SV)
Hunter's Roll
DEX etude T2 (SV)

And our accuracy was above 95%. No distract, nothing else.
Sadly wiped at 2% but w/e, we'll get it next time.
Think people were using Miso Ramen and not sushi.
Hell I was at >90% on ddBRD :x

Other buffs were the 5 carols Llew suggested, Barfira and Baramnesra. Oh, also Bolster Attunement and Bolster Vex.
Amnesia never sticked not even a single time in the multiple attempts we had.
All other debuffs though (Para, Poison, Silence, Terror, Curse etc) were sticking pretty much all of the time.
Terror was lasting like ~3 seconds only

After the Vex GEO accidentally died, we started getting Doomed as well.

Not sure those 5 carols (other than the fire one?) were making a difference at all, honestly. Could've been using a T1 DEX etude, couple of minne and w/e else.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-05-16 16:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Well the Vex/Languor nerfs won't affect your physical accuracy, but yes, those are from after the last update that lowered enemy evasion.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-16 16:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Well the Vex/Languor nerfs won't affect your physical accuracy
Vex/Languor nerf won't, but monster skill nerf would!
But thanks for clarifying those numbers are post that patch.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-05-18 15:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Wondering if anyone has tried MB method recently with the new stewpot foods since nq gives an extra 40macc than hq crepe?
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-05-18 15:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Wondering if anyone has tried MB method recently with the new stewpot foods since nq gives an extra 40macc than hq crepe?

I do zerde,Schah and albumen mb setup and we do fine before the new food. Just bring a rdm and brd for frazzle 3 and threnody 2 and macc should be fine. With new food its only going to get easier.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-05-18 16:32:49
Link | Citer | R

MB method still works(ed) fine since the "GEO Nerf" update as long as u find other sources of player magic acc/mob magic evasion down. We were able to kill them all (xcept Erinys of course) nuke style a few days after that update with some adjustments. The new food should make things much easier of course for people wanting to clear them nuke style.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-18 16:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Smn burn all the things.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2017-05-19 08:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Yea only probly has been finding brds/rdm who can land stuff :/
Asura.Frod said: »
Smn burn all the things.

I know but it's so boring lol
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-05-19 11:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Yea only probly has been finding brds/rdm who can land stuff :/
Smn burn all the things.

I know but it's so boring lol
A smn burn is like.... sex. You give it your all, throwing everything into it at once. 30 seconds later, you've blown your load, its all over and all that remains is a sense of shame.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-05-19 11:42:59
Link | Citer | R

If your pee is like Ifrit following sex, please consult your physician
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-05-19 13:02:07
Link | Citer | R

A smn burn is like.... sex. You give it your all, throwing everything into it at once. 30 seconds later, you've blown your load, its all over and all that remains is a sense of shame.

Common bro you can do better than 30 seconds! Make it 10 seconds!! *** all those women who complain of short sex duration...

Just line em the *** up..

Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-19 13:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Everyone from Asura said:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 14:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
Everyone said:
Fixed
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-19 14:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Only 22 more shitposts to go and you win the Guinness record for most time wasted in anyone's life!
What an achievement!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 14:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Only 22 more shitposts to go and you win the Guinness record for most time wasted in anyone's life.
Well, not to turn this into a shitfest...

not even close.

Also, 27,988 + 22 = 28,010. I'm assuming you mean my almost 28k post count.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-19 14:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
not even close.

NO. NO!
I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW.
I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS DARKNESS.

I don't want to live on this gay earth anymore.
Don't drink and math, kids.
By zaxtiss 2017-05-19 14:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
not even close.

NO. NO!
I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW.
I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS DARKNESS.

I don't want to live on this gay earth anymore.
Don't drink and math, kids.
for sure don't drink and do you MATH homework...
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-05-19 14:25:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry, I forgot how to basic math somewhere between and 4loko.

Is this a Reisenjima discussion or an Asura shitpost emporium?
I don't even know who I am anymore.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-19 14:27:30
Link | Citer | R

I forgot how to basic math somewhere
Yes, yes you did.

I blame California. And Oklahoma.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 45 46 47