Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-11-25 07:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Herculean Gloves augments with Fern Stone

+5 AGI, +36 Accuracy / 40 Attack, Critical Hit Rate +3%

Really surprised the acc/attack combo was really high for fern stone compared to how pellucid stone would favor more for attack/accuracy
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-25 08:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Herculean Gloves augments with Fern Stone

+5 AGI, +36 Accuracy / 40 Attack, Critical Hit Rate +3%

Really surprised the acc/attack combo was really high for fern stone compared to how pellucid stone would favor more for attack/accuracy

It's pretty good but have to aim for some sorts triple attack in there. I had ta 4 and attack 30 would be nice if it was ta4 accuracy 30
By geigei 2015-11-25 08:16:46
Link | Citer | R

TA+acc is a wet dream.

I have TA4 hands with 10acc 5 dex and TA3 29acc feet...gonna take lots of stones to perfect.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-28 18:57:12
Link | Citer | R

So apparently you can use chunk of dark matter to augment the armor:

Works out to be a lot like Wailing Stones, in that you'll get completely random stuff, some of which might not even make sense, like Block Rate+ on Merlinic. Some of the bonuses appear to go outside of the limitations of the other stones, including Quadruple Attack, TH, Song+, Phalanx, and Refresh. Most of the things I got were poopy except this:

[+]
By Xcloud 2015-11-28 19:11:21
Link | Citer | R

And here i was farming tons and tons of white stones all night long.

Siren.Clinpachii
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-28 19:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
So apparently you can use chunk of dark matter to augment the armor:

Works out to be a lot like Wailing Stones, in that you'll get completely random stuff, some of which might not even make sense, like Block Rate+ on Merlinic. Some of the bonuses appear to go outside of the limitations of the other stones, including Quadruple Attack, TH, Song+, Phalanx, and Refresh. Most of the things I got were poopy except this:

I was JUST having an argument with someone about the price going from 300-500k on siren to 2.5 mil in a matter of days. I KNEW something was up but someone in my LS insisted a 300k item jumping to 2.5 mil was weekend inflation >_>

lulz

I have TH3 on my BLU... those pants with +2 could give my BLU TH+5 which sounds amazing :O
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-28 19:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Wow, 300-500k prior? Has been hovering around 100k here on Bis. Has only gone up to 150k since this new info.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-28 19:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Remember that TH for non-THF caps at 4.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-28 19:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Wow, 300-500k prior? Has been hovering around 100k here on Bis. Has only gone up to 150k since this new info.

I was angry because I bought one for 250k awhile back, i must have sold it looking for alex gil. I had to purchase one for 500k last week and now they were suddenly 2.5 million.

I knew something was off immediately.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-28 19:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Remember that TH for non-THF caps at 4.

What's interesting is that aside from gorney ring and the tataru sash has there ever even been a way to confirm that?

Works for me though. I can throw back that gorney ring with the force of a major league baseball player for my weatherspoon ring again.

Yes I traded for gorney.

I'm spamming salvage 24/7 until the new year. Let me hang on to my 0.0001% chance to get a linen on NQ's just a bit longer >_>
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-28 19:34:59
Link | Citer | R

SE stated it caps at 4 for non-THF, so there's that. If you really wanted to test, put on as much TH gear as you can and do a VW, it'll be a % bonus at the end based on your TH value. Note that if Super Kupower: Treasure Hound is active, that'll go 1 beyond the cap.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-28 19:36:09
Link | Citer | R

SE stated it caps at 4 for non-THF, so there's that. If you really wanted to test, put on as much TH gear as you can and do a VW, it'll be a % bonus at the end based on your TH value. Note that if Super Kupower: Treasure Hound is active, that'll go 1 beyond the cap.

That's awesome information. Thank you. I never really glanced twice at it due to not much gear having treasure hunter previously.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-11-28 19:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Where does dark matter drop from?
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-28 19:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Where does dark matter drop from?

Vagray body I believe.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-11-28 19:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Plouton
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-11-28 21:01:46
Link | Citer | R

ok

edit: also worth noting you cant pick the type of augment, i did 4 stones i had on mule and 3/4 of them had a low number combo of acc/atk/mab and pet augments on 2 merlinic feet and one herc legs.
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-11-28 21:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that's what happened with mine, and I decided I'd rather sell the rest of my Dark Matters for 2m each.

On herc or something that would've been a little nicer but oh well.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-29 10:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Is dark matter so easy and worth it (profitable per time) to farm for groups? So many popped up on ah when the news broke.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-29 14:39:01
Link | Citer | R

More than likely that a number of people had been stockpiling it from farming Plouton long before. 2 mil seems downright absurd, I'm guessing some people have nothing else to spend on so they don't mind. On Sylph, they're around 300k (not a far cry from a +2 Alluvion stone), but I don't think the server has really become aware yet.

Lowest group I've farmed Plouton with is RUN BLU GEO BRD Koru-Moru Kupipi, with the GEO and BRD being mules. However, since the way the KI acquisition for pops works, it's more than reasonable to form a group where everyone has a KI and you fight him, leave, repeat several times. You can each then take a nearly even split of Dark Matters, since he'll usually drop 2, sometimes 3. Even with these crazy augments, Tartarus Platemail is still exceptional and worth going for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-29 16:04:06
Link | Citer | R

RNG can get higher TH with bounty shot.
 Sylph.Parshias
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-11-29 16:45:27
Link | Citer | R

More than likely that a number of people had been stockpiling it from farming Plouton long before. 2 mil seems downright absurd, I'm guessing some people have nothing else to spend on so they don't mind. On Sylph, they're around 300k (not a far cry from a +2 Alluvion stone), but I don't think the server has really become aware yet.

Oh, the server has become aware. At least some of it. Once I saw the update to this topic I noticed there were two Dark Matters up on the Sylph AH but tried getting them for 300k and no dice. Went up to about 600k with no luck so at least whoever is selling those two sure knows about the new use.

Too bad, because I sure wanted a quick cheap grab to try out the new augs, but oh well!
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-11-30 09:22:06
Link | Citer | R

So is Dark Matter the only Vagary item which can be used to augment Reisenjima Armor/Weapons? Or how about Relic, Mythic, Empyrean upgrade items...?

Okay, so Defiant Sweat and Plovid Effluvium don't work.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 09:31:19
Link | Citer | R

I've tried a bunch of random items and not gotten any message. So far, that includes Ploutons, Beitetsus, Boulders, Wyrm Blood, other Vagary drops, Photoanima, Philosopher Stones, Skirmish stones, Eschite Ore, and Eschalixir +2. Other people have tried Marrow and Scoria. If there is something else that works, I'd wager it'll be something of similar difficulty to acquire.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-11-30 09:41:27
Link | Citer | R

I just had a thought with rme getting upgraded next update what if we can augment them with stones also?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-11-30 09:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I just had a thought with rme getting upgraded next update what if we can augment them with stones also?
I'd wanna put my foot so far up the guy/girl's *** at SE that decided that was a good idea. This random augment system ***is so *** old at this point.

Anyway though I doubt that would be the case but you never know with SE. :/
[+]
 Sylph.Parshias
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-11-30 09:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I'd wanna put my foot so far up the guy/girl's *** at SE that decided that was a good idea. This random augment system ***is so *** old at this point.

Anyway though I doubt that would be the case but you never know with SE. :/

They somehow managed to make an even worse random augment system than any of the ones they had previously.

At least with Skirmish augments you're only rolling one slot at a time, with this new equipment getting a "perfect" roll is like winning the lottery. Two months in a row.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-11-30 11:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I think I would have liked it better if each Reisenjima Stone had a different augment path similar to the ones from Alluvion Skirmish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-30 12:37:29
Link | Citer | R

So we know that Dark Matter can give treasure hunter to Hercs gear, which is unique to Dark Matter. I saw Treasure Hunter pop up on something else also, so it might not be unique to Herc gear. I have seen a picture of song+ on BG for the support mage armor also. This makes me wonder what else might be unique to Dark Matter, of whatever other interesting augment items there might be and what they might add.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 12:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, the augments so far appear to be universal. A post above shows TH+2 on Merlinic. The Song+ augment hasn't been confirmed beyond a random picture though, so I'm not yet certain it's real. This is kinda like when people were claiming All Songs +3 on Linos, I'm sure if it's true then we'll see more verification from other players in game.

The other thing to note is that stats like Accuracy, Attack, etc. can go higher than 40, which seems to be the limit on the other stones.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7