Reisenjima Armor
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-10 16:05:02
Link | Citer | R

So yeah. These augments are random as hell.

Each stone seems to have it's own pool of augments. It'll give you between 1-6 random augments, but they will all follow a particular path that you chose at the start. You can pick melee, ranged, magic or familiar. Seems like the dusk type stones give attributes frequently, the snow type seem to give better atk/acc/mab/ect. The leaf type don't have any pattern I could recognize.

We only dumped about 40 stones apiece into each piece of gear, and the only thing we really noticed is that EVERYTHING IS INCREDIBLY RANDOM. You don't get to pick what augments you want to keep from a particular set like you do with Alluvion, so it's more like the original skirmish. And as you can tell, they are indeed worthwhile. Didn't bother trying any melee/ranged/magic, so no idea what is possible from those.

Another thing to note is that several of these NMs are hard as hell. We only fought them once each, and the first three we fought with three people, didn't go so well. We didn't lose to anything after we had a full party. They start at level 129, and they probably are not at all PUG friendly. Most of them have stupid gimmicks are cheap moves. A good example is a Mimic that stuns everyone for about ten seconds as soon as they spawn while applying a very powerful poison to everyone. Or the tonberry team that split off and attacked people randomly right after they zerged the popper.

This content was designed to keep people busy for a long time.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 16:07:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-11-10 16:21:10
Link | Citer | R

On a side-note, I'm looking forward to the solo challenge of certain Zi'Tah & Ru-An T1's now we can pop solo+trusts. The additional HP/MP/Mdef on my Trusts during these campaign's make Solo fight's go much smoother. Infact, I would'nt even bother Omega without the trust campaign's. Promathia is noticably 'potentially messier' when trust's don't have the added Mdef/HP. Jumping topics all over the place, I'm very excited to get online! But boohoo to random augments. After 2 month's of Yorcia A Grinding & buckets of $$ was replaced I will happily treat those NM's as current final EG that I don't intend on currently partaking in due to the masses of content SE have already released since the first Escha Update.

It has been a great year to be a toon in FFXI!

I though Abyssea had it all, but Adoulin content, Escha, UNM's, and ilevel meripo's have really been a treat.
By Shinzaku 2015-11-10 20:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Hmm... So do you think even with this Skirmish PLUS event, people won't feel like doing Skrimish for random augments when have a new rng set to go to? Ha.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-10 20:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Just posted a screeny of my leg augments:

Which is pretty insane.

However the real deal is how easy you can come by these stones. After a CP session with some lottery NMs popped, 2 Dominion Dragons killed and 7x Clvl 129 Dullahans solod my stone stock already looked like this:

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-10 21:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Just posted a screeny of my leg augments:

Which is pretty insane.

However the real deal is how easy you can come by these stones. After a CP session with some lottery NMs popped, 2 Dominion Dragons killed and 7x Clvl 129 Dullahans solod my stone stock already looked like this:

Those pants have 50m.acc and 52mab. Good. God. That's a lot of magey stats.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-10 21:07:18
Link | Citer | R

During my augment session I once saw a +15INT statvomit on the pants, too. The powercreep is real with enough luck.

Magic Burst Damage +10% is another thing possible and to lust for.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-10 21:12:25
Link | Citer | R

Guess BLU's best magical option will be the +1 Amalric, we didn't get put on the "final" mage set.

Not that I'm sad, ever since we left 75 days, we've been graciously tacked on to more mage gear than we'd ever seen before.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-11-10 21:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Got a pair of the Merlinic Shalwar and augmented them

Got +6 INT, +35 MAcc + 23 MAB, -2 Enmity.

Crazy huh
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-10 22:51:44
Link | Citer | R

The days when we were level 75, sorry, kind of ambiguous.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-10 23:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Ask and google shall give
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-11-10 23:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
What is Chironic though seriously.

Edit: Beaten by Kyte
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-11 01:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Will post screeny when I get back on after maint, but I got Merlinic Dastana (hands I think this is the name) with att/ratt in the 20s, mab 3, macc 15, and str of something for pet.

Yes, I think I am a happy SMN. Need to test to see if these are better than my Apogee Mitts, but looks promising.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-11 01:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Well im ok with random since there actully worth while and not +2 and get +1 attk ot -1PDT lol.

whihc NM the herc come from?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-11 01:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Doublepost: I think we did all the t1s.

Brief description, as I recall:

Mimic: Ok, this thing ranks among the worst, in my opinion. Stunga, poison of great power, and nasty attacks. Nope! Did not defeat.

Morbol: Uses Extremely Bad Breath. Warning given. Its normal Bad Breath is conal, keep remedies on hand. Fire should take this down, we didn't expect the EBB.

Soulflayer: This thing is on crack. Spams Azure Lore, hit our PLD for 2300+ with Barbed Crescent, uses Unbridled spells. Other than that, not too hard. (Tell Dragonah that he will turn into this should he get better than he is on BLU. :D :D )

Tonberry: Clones itself, clones seem to go away if you hit them with a -ga spell. Throat Stab had shitty accuracy.

Muut-clone: Charmed PLD once, spams memento mori, dies to fire.

Bugard: If you stand closer than 20.5 yalms you will enjoy the glories of stunlock. If you take this advice and stand that far away, it dies fast. Drops WHM hands and the block earring ^^

Dullahan: Nasty AoE, dies to fire.

Serket clone: Acts as one would expect. Sharp Sting grants avoidance down, which suggests to me a blink tank. VERY POTENT poison.

Roc: Scholar skillchains, I came in on the tail end of this.

Sabotender: Uses 1k needles, then 2k needles, then 4k needles, then ??? needles. I used Titan's wards, some died, some did not. PLD used Sentinel right before ??? and took jack.

Oryx the Pony- Highly mobile. Knockback is a thing. Uses standard moves for its type, I suggest thunder defense or Aegis pld.

Can't recall the rest right now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-11-11 06:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
So yeah. These augments are random as hell.

Each stone seems to have it's own pool of augments. It'll give you between 1-6 random augments, but they will all follow a particular path that you chose at the start. You can pick melee, ranged, magic or familiar. Seems like the dusk type stones give attributes frequently, the snow type seem to give better atk/acc/mab/ect. The leaf type don't have any pattern I could recognize.

We only dumped about 40 stones apiece into each piece of gear, and the only thing we really noticed is that EVERYTHING IS INCREDIBLY RANDOM. You don't get to pick what augments you want to keep from a particular set like you do with Alluvion, so it's more like the original skirmish. And as you can tell, they are indeed worthwhile. Didn't bother trying any melee/ranged/magic, so no idea what is possible from those.

Another thing to note is that several of these NMs are hard as hell. We only fought them once each, and the first three we fought with three people, didn't go so well. We didn't lose to anything after we had a full party. They start at level 129, and they probably are not at all PUG friendly. Most of them have stupid gimmicks are cheap moves. A good example is a Mimic that stuns everyone for about ten seconds as soon as they spawn while applying a very powerful poison to everyone. Or the tonberry team that split off and attacked people randomly right after they zerged the popper.

This content was designed to keep people busy for a long time.

Holy *** !

Already >.> ?

Damn , this guy is on CRACK >.> LOL

are the NM any harder than Escha - Ru'Aun ?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-11 09:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Good but not perfect rolls, just hard to get good MAB/MACC with +MB bonus together.

However it already beats HQ amalric head easily.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-11 09:53:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Good but not perfect rolls, just hard to get good MAB/MACC with +MB bonus together.

However it already beats HQ amalric head easily.

Are u guys still doing scholar skillchain magic burst for these new areas nm ?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-11 09:55:29
Link | Citer | R

We did. I'd imagine that for some, BST might have issues due to proximity, if you don't add some personal PDT/MDT.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-11 10:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Are u guys still doing scholar skillchain magic burst for these new areas nm ?

Didn't really do much as LS so far.

Cleared Roc, Dullahan, Cactuar amd Morbol T1 as SCH + Trusts or SCH+BLM+Trusts.

Failed at killing the Scorpion because it only took around 25% magic damage of other mobs, so we timed out.

Verda said: »
I imagine you'd keep the hands and probably body from amalric?

Amalric and Gyve body will get outclassed by the new Armor pretty hard. Amalric hands are only interesting because the +MB damage bypasses the +MB cap of 40%.

Other than that I already have some other gloves to beat the raw MAB and MACC for SCH. You can get INT, MAB and MACC on this set, however no +Magic Burst seems possible:

Before anyone asks, even the 50MAB on the feet does not yet outdo Arbatel Loafers +1 for damage.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Serveur: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-11 10:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Damn , this guy is on CRACK >.> LOL
they maybe on crack, but they run a cool pet LS on Quetz that pushes end game content.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-11 10:13:26
Link | Citer | R

How are you guys killing the Malboro Dassling ? I'm pulling hate immediately right after a thunder 2 or fire 2...
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-11 10:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
How are you guys killing the Malboro Dassling ? I'm pulling hate immediately right after a thunder 2 or fire 2...

I heard the stories but somehow Amchuchu and Gessho were able to hold hate for a pretty long time for us. I stood behind it while doing SC and nukes. However both me the SCH and the BLM used 2hr to kill this thing and the last 20% everything but me kiting was dead.

It was a messy fight without any real strategy, just powering through.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7