RoV: Final Reward
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Natenn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-09-29 11:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Thought crossed my mind, at the end of every expansion we got a pretty badass reward for the most part (rajas rings from CoP things like that) and thought "what would the reward from the story line to end all story lines be like?" Seeing as how its the final expansion and the culmination of all the others it will have to be some epic stuff, maby a voucher for 1 free 119 E/R/M or and item from the game(tartarus platemail for instance). Wonder what other ppl think we might get.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-29 11:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Key items that boost the amount of xp/cp we get, reduce the timer on imprimaturs, and allow us to summon trusts in an alliance. They tend to alternate rings and earrings as bonuses for completing an expansion so I bet they'll also have some badass earrings this time around.
[+]
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-29 11:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Definitely not any R/E/M because that would kill a chunk of what people will have left to do after the update.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-09-29 11:55:05
Link | Citer | R

at this point i wouldnt be suprised if they did though
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-09-29 11:55:29
Link | Citer | R

they want everyone to go to 14 anyway
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-09-29 11:58:17
Link | Citer | R

I'd imagine all these "limited time campaigns" will become perm. KI for those that complete RoV. I don't know if there would be a new item, maybe a way to hold more than one of the Adoulin rings. That requires no effort really on their part. Have to think effortless with them these days.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-09-29 12:00:49
Link | Citer | R

like so?
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-29 12:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Having more adoulin rings would probably be a better reward than anything else they could come up with anyways! :X
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-29 12:20:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Natenn said: »
they want everyone to go to 14 anyway

That's been their goal for a long time now. It would solve the problem of their fragmented FF MMO user base. With how absolutely, utterly horrible a failure that FFXIV 1.0 was, and with how much money they poured into FFXIV: ARR (I wonder where that all came from), it's embarrassing to them that people still prefer FFXI, almost as if the reason is the market for WoW clones was already oversaturated, where as FFXI is an EverQuest clone, for which there are too few remaining.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-09-29 12:24:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing it will be +1 more of all other mission rewards that were only pick 1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-09-29 12:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ghanni said: »
Definitely not any R/E/M because that would kill a chunk of what people will have left to do after the update.
If they give some sort of ultra reward, which I doubt they will, it definitely wouldn't be something like a completed REM. It would be something like a cat's eye for M, or a 10k piece for R. IDK what they would do for E weapons, since those all have a laundry list of equally crappy tasks to complete.
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-29 12:33:51
Link | Citer | R

at this point, I am not expecting much. as others have said, it must be galling to SE that people still continue to play this when their new game is out, and they're hoping everyone will follow the new carrot on a stick once XI's all said and done (which I personally cannot see myself doing). while I personally would like to see some sort of final buff to REM so that they have some measure of worth beyond /lockstyle, I see that as requiring "work" and/or "effort", and I just don't see the last hurrah being that. if there is a reward, I expect it to be something slightly more powerful than the Adoulin quest reward earrings, probably something where you pick two augments like Moonshade as that just lets them recycle a reward system easily. hell, they can even turn the magatama that we're carting around filling with energy from various story NPCs(spoliers I guess?) INTO an earring.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-29 12:39:14
Link | Citer | R

That wouldn't be too horrible, considering you'd still have to do everything else. It'd knock out roughly half of a mythic, and the same for a relic. Do that HP Bayld Crystal thing for Ergons, too.

I'm still hoping they'll do one final upgrade to RME which is tied to new content (as the upgrade to 119 should have in the first place).

That or 20 more Ergon Weapons, which won't happen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-29 12:39:57
Link | Citer | R

A ring and/or earring reward wouldn't shock me, but it's a little weak as a reward from a grand finale. Hopefully they can be more creative than that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-29 12:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I want a video of Tanaka clapping that I managed to stay subbed to his torture device for so long followed by the reveal that I was Altana all along.

Sundi drives in his red Ferrari into the sunset to the tunes of Distant Worlds. Roll credits and fans singing off tune the crystal melody.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-29 12:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Possible options that don't require a ton of work on their part:

- Mission rewards from previous mission lines get bumped up (Rajas +1, Moonshade +1, Ulthalam+1, multiple Adoulin rings, etc).

- Give RMEE a bump to i124. Not enough to completely crush other weapons, but put them back on top at the end and give people a reason to keep at them.

- Completely unlock merit category caps (I expect we'll get this from one of the pre-finale rhapsody KIs, actually).
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-09-29 12:53:39
Link | Citer | R

RME currency on the Curio Moogles would be nice and arguably necessary as populations decline.

My pie-in-the-sky dream is not for RoV, specifically, but that the 2100 JP gift will apply previous stat gifts globally, to all level 99 jobs. Grinding forever!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-09-29 12:55:53
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
RME currency on the Curio Moogles would be nice and arguably necessary as populations decline.

My pie-in-the-sky dream is not for RoV, specifically, but that the 2100 JP gift will apply previous stat gifts globally, to all level 99 jobs. Grinding forever!

Think we have a winner here. This actually seems feasible, hopefully at proper prices. The RME currency, not the jp.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2015-09-29 13:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
- Completely unlock merit category caps (I expect we'll get this from one of the pre-finale rhapsody KIs, actually).

Here is what they said about merit categories, so it will not be that.

Quote:
We increased the cap for the attributes, combat skill, and magic skill categories making it possible to boost your character even more.

While we have been receiving feedback asking for an increase to other categories, unfortunately we are not able to increase categories other than HP/MP due to the merit point system.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-29 13:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah no one believes that. They just don't want to.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-29 13:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Think we have a winner here. This actually seems feasible, hopefully at proper prices. The RME currency, not the jp.

No, it's not feasible, for exactly the reason you say it is.

The problem with RME currency is this: the entire reason they'd have to put that stuff on curio moogles is because there are no longer enough players to make it feasible to make one, period. If there are no longer enough players to make it feasible to make one, however will you get enough gil to buy the currency? What are you going to farm to vend to NPCs, since there's so few players left that no one is gonna buy your drops? They either are die-hards who already have pretty much everything they want, or can get it relatively easily, or new players who couldn't afford it in the first place.

The solution to problems which are "too few people are playing" is not "mechanic that doesn't work because too few people are playing".
[+]
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-09-29 13:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Why of course you were suppose to have hoarded max Gil before hand!

I totally agree with you btw on why it wouldn't work.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-09-29 13:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
The problem with RME currency is this: the entire reason they'd have to put that stuff on curio moogles is because there are no longer enough players to make it feasible to make one, period. If there are no longer enough players to make it feasible to make one, however will you get enough gil to buy the currency? What are you going to farm to vend to NPCs, since there's so few players left that no one is gonna buy your drops? They either are die-hards who already have pretty much everything they want, or can get it relatively easily, or new players who couldn't afford it in the first place.

Curio Moogles also address a different problem - gil creation. You don't need to farm anything to steadily build up gil in the game right now. You just need to convert sparks into shields (or whatever) to NPC.
If/when the game is at the point when that's all people use sparks for, it has the potential to create a major inflation problem.

If people are buying their meds n' food and all from NPCs and effectively destroying the gil, then that balances it somewhat.

I'd say that making RME currencies available via vendor would be fine, provided that it's not gil used to purchase 'em. Leave the player economy room to flourish, and (ideally) a realistic solo grind if it's not there. Probably means cutting bayld cost for HPB and so on (seeing reduced plasm cost for ammo/etc would be nice too).

For the original topic, I kinda suspect a return to the add-on scenarios with some visible gear to pick an augment path on. Maybe a Tidal Talisman style coat with that glowin' rock on it.

Free RME or something, I don't see as a mission reward. I could see something along those lines done like mog pells, for active subscribers as a "thank you"/etc. A big one-time thing that you had to be there for, versus basically guaranteeing it to every player, eventually.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-09-29 13:52:21
Link | Citer | R

The final reward will be sweet release from this waking nightmare of thirteen years.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-09-29 13:53:21
Link | Citer | R

Salvage/NNI reforge maybe?
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-09-29 13:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Salvage/NNI reforge maybe?
This is one of the most likely components of the final creative updates, IMO. The gear has always been pretty impressive, and it takes some time to get. Players feel good about having it.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-09-29 14:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Would be a glorious troll move if RoV3 needed completion of every EXP pack etc as they've slowly been making people do, but right as you win the last battle, a "Congratulations!!" firework goes off, and text on the bottom says "You've accomplished completion of all of our storylines! Vana'diel no longer needs you." *Byoooo* *level down sound* and just auto-deletes your character.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-09-29 14:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Would be a glorious troll move if RoV3 needed completion of every EXP pack etc as they've slowly been making people do, but right as you win the last battle, a "Congratulations!!" firework goes off, and text on the bottom says "You've accomplished completion of all of our storylines! Vana'diel no longer needs you." *Byoooo* *level down sound* and just auto-deletes your character.

^ this, but when it is deleted you get a code to goto ff14 with a bunch of crap u had.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-09-29 14:24:34
Link | Citer | R

A**less Chaps for all of the toons!
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-29 14:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »

Curio Moogles also address a different problem - gil creation. You don't need to farm anything to steadily build up gil in the game right now. You just need to convert sparks into shields (or whatever) to NPC.
If/when the game is at the point when that's all people use sparks for, it has the potential to create a major inflation problem.

If people are buying their meds n' food and all from NPCs and effectively destroying the gil, then that balances it somewhat.

I'd say that making RME currencies available via vendor would be fine, provided that it's not gil used to purchase 'em. Leave the player economy room to flourish, and (ideally) a realistic solo grind if it's not there. Probably means cutting bayld cost for HPB and so on (seeing reduced plasm cost for ammo/etc would be nice too).

For the original topic, I kinda suspect a return to the add-on scenarios with some visible gear to pick an augment path on. Maybe a Tidal Talisman style coat with that glowin' rock on it.

Free RME or something, I don't see as a mission reward. I could see something along those lines done like mog pells, for active subscribers as a "thank you"/etc. A big one-time thing that you had to be there for, versus basically guaranteeing it to every player, eventually.

Unless they make Alex dirt cheap compared to market prices on any server, sparks-to-gil will not be a realistic way to make money at all.

Even if they drop the price of alex to 1000 gil, that's 30 million gil you need to generate, solo, via sparks.
First Page 2 3