RoV: Final Reward
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-09-29 14:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ghanni said: »
Definitely not any R/E/M because that would kill a chunk of what people will have left to do after the update.

Actually, everyone with REM will likely have their goals completed by the time the finale hits due to the KIs making them so much more obtainable these days, short of Grand Greedaloxes that just want as many as they can load up on.

I honestly expect a KI that reduces turn in requirements as the last set of rewards, given it is the last logical conclusion when you have stuff like the Emp / Alex / Stage 4 & 5 requirements left. REM only mattered as a show piece past 2013 or so, and given the playerbase is being shuffled off with the various broken KIs we've been getting as a sign of "Thank you for playing all these years / here's the keys, close up when you're done", I can see them having the final update to the game granting anyone the ability to realistically get any REM they've wanted over the years. XIV 1.23 was giving away Relics towards shutdown, so SE already has precedence of being "fun to the subscribers", and there is also a specific RoV cutscene towards the end of Chapter 2 that heavily implies we're gonna be getting Relics as well, to keep "continuity" if such a thing even exists in Vana'diel.

Unless there is some ilvl 120+ versions of REM being added with the last chapter of RoV, they're just vanity pieces by this point, since the majority of weapons these days surpass the bulk of them. The people that really wanted them had about 13 years to get them.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Serveur: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-29 16:14:04
Link | Citer | R

As much as the power gap has closed between mythics and everything else since the 119 update for mythics, several of those mythics are not "vanity" items. Yagrush alone is a refutation of that.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-09-29 16:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Would be a glorious troll move if RoV3 needed completion of every EXP pack etc as they've slowly been making people do, but right as you win the last battle, a "Congratulations!!" firework goes off, and text on the bottom says "You've accomplished completion of all of our storylines! Vana'diel no longer needs you." *Byoooo* *level down sound* and just auto-deletes your character.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-09-29 16:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Unless they make Alex dirt cheap compared to market prices on any server, sparks-to-gil will not be a realistic way to make money at all.

Even if they drop the price of alex to 1000 gil, that's 30 million gil you need to generate, solo, via sparks.

Or you could just go farm the Alex, which is feasible, even if it takes a while. Capping sparks 60 times would take a while too...but it'd probably wind up being at least comparable. Plus you could make progress while doing other stuff, see more benefit with multiboxed characters, etc.

Still, my point was looking more at the server level. Players of all stripes cap sparks fairly routinely and convert them to something. The fewer that need chapters, skillup books, and so on, the more that will simply introduce ~500k gil into the system. If the entire population of a server is doing that, then many billions may be getting created every week.

With entrance fees, teleport fees, and so on being reduced or eliminated, and other gil sinks like chocobos becoming irrelevant, what's offsetting that gil creation?
Putting consistently purchased items on the Curio Moogles (or other NPCs) has the potential to. That could be a reason to put Alex/etc on NPC, not just because players don't farm it enough.

Like I said though, I don't think that'd be the better solution. IMO, (for example) make Linen Pouches buyable with Sparks. Sparks spent on those wouldn't be converted to gil, so it'd reduce that. However, with the cap on Sparks, it'd also throttle supply, and maintain a player-to-player market.
By Aeyela 2015-09-29 17:19:13
Link | Citer | R

I quite like the sound of a free mythic.
By Zubis 2015-09-29 17:28:37
Link | Citer | R

What I want: Transcendence as a 1 hour ability.

What I'll probably get: A shiny new teleport cape.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-09-29 18:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Possible options that don't require a ton of work on their part:

- Mission rewards from previous mission lines get bumped up (Rajas +1, Moonshade +1, Ulthalam+1, multiple Adoulin rings, etc).

- Give RMEE a bump to i124. Not enough to completely crush other weapons, but put them back on top at the end and give people a reason to keep at them.

- Completely unlock merit category caps (I expect we'll get this from one of the pre-finale rhapsody KIs, actually).

Weapon ilv.124 be nice but it would definally crush several of the ones we got now.

I do like other Options ^^

Also somebody said a FREE R/E/M :X

Meh......... Would be cool as hell but doubt it

Maybe they allow you to buy Currency for R/E/M from Moogle

(That be a possibility, but also would increase gil buyers -.,-)

None of this would actually be helping FFXI but harming it

I think :

Unlocking Merits fully = good idea
Updating Rajas / Moonshade / NNI / Salvage / ETC..... = good idea too
R/E/M i.lvl.124 = ok idea but got its flaws
FREE R/E/M = would be nice but 1% Possibility of happening
Currency from Currio Moogle = Knowing Square Enix..... Might happen , just MIGHT
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Would be a glorious troll move if RoV3 needed completion of every EXP pack etc as they've slowly been making people do, but right as you win the last battle, a "Congratulations!!" firework goes off, and text on the bottom says "You've accomplished completion of all of our storylines! Vana'diel no longer needs you." *Byoooo* *level down sound* and just auto-deletes your character.

OH HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFXI FOREVER bro, 14 sucks XD
 Asura.Hoturi
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2015-09-29 18:17:44
Link | Citer | R

I would be happy with just having more server merges. I really don't think there should be more than 3. I know players from other servers have complained how dead it is. From what I understand unless you're on Asura/Bahamut/Odin it's pretty rough to find people.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-09-29 19:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Matsui stated that he won't even entertain the idea of mergers until a bit after the last update hits in November in that one interview about what RoV was all about, and what it meant for the game. Same interview where he said he would keep the full sub fee after the last content update, as "I want the game to last a long time, so that means keeping the sub fee as is."

Currency is going to be the big thing to worry about, especially when we still have issues like the 1,500 HMP + 60 assorted items to upgrade Emps, and like 40k HP Bayld for Ergons. With Emps being tied to very dead content that you won't realistically farm due to the RNG nature of VW, and Ergon completion being tied directly to a healthy population, overhauls will be made one way or another for those, which seems to be a RoV KI thing, as they basically grant deep desires of the players.

Oh, and because I can, I wouldn't doubt at all if they give a KI that might give everyone Flee speed just for laughs at this point, seeing as we basically teleport everywhere these days.

The KIs tended to scale with the difficulty of the content so far, so the last set will be something that will completely offset the endgame. They could even do something like free BCNMs as a crazy example, or add very sought after items to Curio Moogles to pull money out of the economy and put items into the wallets of the players. I also would not rule out a KI that buffs Trusts with the +50% boost they've been getting from campaigns as of late.

Every KI so far has been tailored for solo play and empowering the player to enjoy the game as they want, so anything goes. Also probably get some gear trinket to symbolize our friendship with Iroha and Altana, but that isn't as fun to speculate over, since it'll probably be picking stats and calling it a day.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-09-29 19:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Everquest is Free to play and still has expansions. As much as I think RoV is their way to send off their PS2 userbase, I don't forsee the game ending nor will content really end.

RoV is the end for the old XI platforms, I can forsee it reborn like FFXIV. As long as they have paying customers, they will have an incentive to create content to keep people playing and it will be cost effective especially with their XIV infrastructure to piggyback XI on that (severs and the like) and have some of the staff work on XI content.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-09-29 19:51:37
Link | Citer | R

XI is being reborn, but as a mobile version through Nexon, complete with all the same expansions, as well as the possibility of new ones based on a dev response. And a spinoff mobile with multiplayer that everyone forgot about for many good reasons. The XI team is working on both of those in various capacities, to ensure the lore and "feel" are adequate for what we expect of XI.

Current XI is on the way out, since Matsui stating he wants to still hold off on mergers, and still maintain the full sub price despite no new content being developed. We'll get bug and balance fixes, which means we might see BLU nerfs in 2016 as they tweak values in the coding, but this is basically it. November is the final content update, and March 2016 is the end of console support, which will likely be when they lethargically get around to doing a merger, claiming they have an idea of what the population is really like, despite knowing it for ages due to subscription metrics.

Current XI was built using PS2 dev kits, which they stated they no longer have access to in the future, so they can't really build anymore onto the game. More cost effective to outsource Nexon to rebuild the game from the ground up in a modern coding language, to make it easier to maintain, while importing the older assets to reduce workload, so that is as close to "Vana'diel Reborn" as we will ever get.

But back on current topic, the mobile version will include RoV based on what Matsui said in interviews, which is another reason the KIs are so powerful as they are, as they exist to make the game more solo friendly.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-29 20:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Unless they make Alex dirt cheap compared to market prices on any server, sparks-to-gil will not be a realistic way to make money at all.

Even if they drop the price of alex to 1000 gil, that's 30 million gil you need to generate, solo, via sparks.

Or you could just go farm the Alex, which is feasible, even if it takes a while. Capping sparks 60 times would take a while too...but it'd probably wind up being at least comparable. Plus you could make progress while doing other stuff, see more benefit with multiboxed characters, etc.

Still, my point was looking more at the server level. Players of all stripes cap sparks fairly routinely and convert them to something. The fewer that need chapters, skillup books, and so on, the more that will simply introduce ~500k gil into the system. If the entire population of a server is doing that, then many billions may be getting created every week.

With entrance fees, teleport fees, and so on being reduced or eliminated, and other gil sinks like chocobos becoming irrelevant, what's offsetting that gil creation?
Putting consistently purchased items on the Curio Moogles (or other NPCs) has the potential to. That could be a reason to put Alex/etc on NPC, not just because players don't farm it enough.

Like I said though, I don't think that'd be the better solution. IMO, (for example) make Linen Pouches buyable with Sparks. Sparks spent on those wouldn't be converted to gil, so it'd reduce that. However, with the cap on Sparks, it'd also throttle supply, and maintain a player-to-player market.

Yes, it's entirely feasible that, when this game essentially becomes a single player experience, someone is going to want to spend 300 hours of their life, give or take, to farm up the currency that is but ONE requirement for getting a weapon in what is effectively a single player game.

I've made a mythic, and I've helped someone else make a mythic, I am fully aware of exactly how feasible it is to make a mythic. The point is that there is no way to balance multiple conflicting needs. Mythics can't be that great or no one will do new content for worse weapons. If mythics are easily obtainable, there's no reason for them to be better in any way than any other piece of 119 gear. If you make alex/ancient currency/whatnot purchaseable by gil, where are you getting this gil from? An awful lot of people I know make their money by farming those items and selling them to other players. So how are people going to be able to afford those things when the economy completely crashes due to that?

Unless they plan to literally make a black box version of the server that we can connect to, offline, to play single player, as long as this game remains, at least nominally, an MMORPG, purposefully crashing your game's economy is a really bad idea if you want to retain players.

That said, Squeenix have made an awful lot of terrible decisions over the years, such as XIV, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make XI 2.0 a remake in a superfuturistic cel-shaded world where you play a talking dog, and the game has nothing whatsoever to do with XI except name.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-09-29 20:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
XI is being reborn, but as a mobile version through Nexon, complete with all the same expansions, as well as the possibility of new ones based on a dev response. And a spinoff mobile with multiplayer that everyone forgot about for many good reasons. The XI team is working on both of those in various capacities, to ensure the lore and "feel" are adequate for what we expect of XI.

Current XI is on the way out, since Matsui stating he wants to still hold off on mergers, and still maintain the full sub price despite no new content being developed. We'll get bug and balance fixes, which means we might see BLU nerfs in 2016 as they tweak values in the coding, but this is basically it. November is the final content update, and March 2016 is the end of console support, which will likely be when they lethargically get around to doing a merger, claiming they have an idea of what the population is really like, despite knowing it for ages due to subscription metrics.

Current XI was built using PS2 dev kits, which they stated they no longer have access to in the future, so they can't really build anymore onto the game. More cost effective to outsource Nexon to rebuild the game from the ground up in a modern coding language, to make it easier to maintain, while importing the older assets to reduce workload, so that is as close to "Vana'diel Reborn" as we will ever get.

But back on current topic, the mobile version will include RoV based on what Matsui said in interviews, which is another reason the KIs are so powerful as they are, as they exist to make the game more solo friendly.

Yeah, but I don't see it working on mobile as a standalone product. There are simply better products out there, and the fact they are stopping all other services to the exclusion of PC says something too. And PCs is about as far as you can get from mobile. It could simply be the least expensive outsourcing they could find, and a mobile dev with free to play experience could help them monetize the game once the sub goes away.

Interesting way Everquest does it is a premium pass where game is still free to play, but those who are subscribed to the pass get content a bit earlier plus some in-game bonuses. I beliebve they get to build a heroic character with great stats.

PC only game with a mobile version/extension I can see.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-09-29 20:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Everquest works since they still have a sustainable market for it after all these years, and it has the novelty of being basically the grandaddy of modern MMOs, on top of it was built as a PC game. People begged for either a reduced sub, or even F2P, but Matsui shot it down really hard and stated the sub needs to stay to keep the game turned on, meaning we're past the point where SE feels the game is profitable anymore when it comes to development, and now we got weird decisions going on, with the XI team overseeing the Nexon version of XI.

A good example is that to make stuff like old NES games, you needed to know assembly to write them, but there are better languages in use these days. Since they're losing access to the PS2 dev kit that they use to create the game assets and such with, they're just taking the next logical step to keep the money train going, and also to reach out to a new generation of fans.

Anyways, since RoV is supposed to conclude just about everything nice and neat, and also heavily implies we're meeting Altana, what if we get our choice of a "dream item", like K-Club or any of the other stupidly rare things in the game people have lusted over as an option? Or what if they go full crazy, and the final reward IS a weapon, but it's an ilvl 119 or so, with multi attack on it as either an augment, or permanent thing? But like K-Club level. We could have ilvl 119 "Altana's back scratcher", just something sickeningly broken, but expected for beating the game.

Could also have an actually hard final boss for RoV, and then post game dungeon with super bosses like most FFs have, but who would expect stuff like that?
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-09-29 20:56:50
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it's the novelty. Its still around because it's only realistically 3-4 years older than XI and there's enough legacy player and 'returning' players to make it profitable.

Bismarck has ~600-700 players on prime time. I find it very hard SE would turn that kind of free money away.

It's possible, but MMOs, unless they are total failures, have a way of sticking around because people are invested. I believe Ultima Online is still around too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-09-29 21:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Back on topic; the Trust +50% HP plus buffs against enfeebling we're getting in Gala seems to make the most sense.

We may get even more buffs, like TP or attack bonus for the trusts.

KI that makes the double cap points permanent also makes sense.

I highly doubt they will add R/E/M currencies on the curio moogles though. It goes against their very deliberate attempts to make this game more soloable, it not only crashes economy but take a huge chunk of the soloable content that's grindy and worth doing out of play.

We're more likely to see i119 appropriate Salvage III/ neo-dynamis before we see currencies in moogles.
By Sylfeya 2015-09-29 22:00:49
Link | Citer | R

With regards to R/E/M currencies - relic currency can be solo farmed easily enough, and mythic currency can be solo farmed easily enough (may take a while as there's a lot to farm, but it CAN be soloed consistently). Even H-P Bayld can be solo farmed to a degree, by trading in 10k bayld to Runje if nothing else. Empy currency is the only one that can't be easily and consistently solo farmed. A 'currency exchanger' that lets you exchange currency of one type (say relic or mythic) into another (say HMPs or riftcinders or H-PBs) could work. Not necessarily at a 1:1 ratio, of course, but it could be done.

There's even precedent: the beastmen seals etc. can be converted, so even if you've leveled to the point that you can't farm currency of a certain type (eg. beastmen seals), you can still obtain them by being active in a different area or form of content (eg. killing stuff that drops High Kindred Crests).
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-09-29 22:28:37
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, I initially thought the standard mog-bonanza 90-REM would have been a likely contender for a reward (given the cross-content nature of the scenario-pack, and that each character would almost certainly only ever get one as a reward anyhow, and given that pretty much anyone who has played this game has more than a single job leveled, so there is still impetus to do more for newer players)--but then I saw the CSes in the last mission set.

So spoilers being spoilers...

Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-09-29 22:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
To be honest, I initially thought the standard mog-bonanza 90-REM would have been a likely contender for a reward (given the cross-content nature of the scenario-pack, and that each character would almost certainly only ever get one as a reward anyhow, and given that pretty much anyone who has played this game has more than a single job leveled, so there is still impetus to do more for newer players)--but then I saw the CSes in the last mission set.

That was one of the previous Adventurer armor sets given out during one of the previous Anniversary events.

But if you want to talk spoilers about that specific CS, then
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-09-29 22:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Fenrir.Schutz said: »

That was one of the previous Adventurer armor sets given out during one of the previous Anniversary events.

But if you want to talk spoilers about that specific CS, then

Actually, the armor in my cutscene at least, was the tessera saio from Provenance Watcher.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-09-29 22:50:50
Link | Citer | R

That it was the Tessera Saio. I mixed up the characters in that scene a bit, since it was kind of a wonky CS with the stuff going on, or possibly mixing up the one before it with the big reveal.
[+]
 Asura.Hoturi
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2015-09-29 22:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I don't think it's the novelty. Its still around because it's only realistically 3-4 years older than XI and there's enough legacy player and 'returning' players to make it profitable.

Bismarck has ~600-700 players on prime time. I find it very hard SE would turn that kind of free money away.

It's possible, but MMOs, unless they are total failures, have a way of sticking around because people are invested. I believe Ultima Online is still around too.

Not really "free" money, considering it's hella expensive to pay for the hosting of a datacenter. They don't want to break even, they want to make profit - and this game is probably barely turning one or they'd still be pumping out content.
By Elizabet 2015-09-29 23:14:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoturi said: »
Not really "free" money, considering it's hella expensive to pay for the hosting of a datacenter. They don't want to break even, they want to make profit - and this game is probably barely turning one or they'd still be pumping out content.

With the data center they have for 14 which is paying itself, and the requirements in cpu power to run XI servers.. they could probably piggy back on 14's DC.. At that point, with stopping content creation, the maintaining cost are low. Low enough to keep it alive.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-09-29 23:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Elizabet said: »
Asura.Hoturi said: »

With the data center they have for 14 which is paying itself, and the requirements in cpu power to run XI servers.. they could probably piggy back on 14's DC.. At that point, with stopping content creation, the maintaining cost are low. Low enough to keep it alive.

Correct. Futher, My point was that a ftp game like Everquest, which arguably has a smaller active base than XI is still getting expansions speaks to the economics of keeping content going. Not just servers.

I guess my original point got lost, and it's that RoV may be the last of the PS2 content, but i highly doubt it's the last XI content we will see, unless SE is absolutely determined to just kill XI.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-09-29 23:34:03
Link | Citer | R

If you make alex/ancient currency/whatnot purchaseable by gil, where are you getting this gil from? An awful lot of people I know make their money by farming those items and selling them to other players. So how are people going to be able to afford those things when the economy completely crashes due to that?

Unless they plan to literally make a black box version of the server that we can connect to, offline, to play single player, as long as this game remains, at least nominally, an MMORPG, purposefully crashing your game's economy is a really bad idea if you want to retain players.

I've indicated in both of my posts that I don't think making RME currencies purchasable via gil would be a good idea either.

All my point has been is that there needs to be a balance between gil being created, and gil being destroyed. If it's skewed heavily towards creation - like it seems to be right now - that puts the game economy on track to major inflation, which is crappy for everybody, not just people farming Dynamis and Salvage for gil.

More or less, short of severely nerfing NPC sale prices like they did with Chocobo Blinkers and some other items in the past, there needs to be an appealing thing to indefinitely spend Sparks/vouchers/etc on that isn't creating gil. RME currencies could probably serve to do that, especially if it was limited to folks who completed RoV.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-29 23:56:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it's skewed that heavily toward creation right now, people throw 30-40m at goldsmithing NPCs for every hq koenig piece that's made. I'm sure some other crafts do similar, in lesser quantities. That negates quite a few sparks transactions.

I don't doubt that creation outdoes destruction, but it's not by any significant amount judging by the price stability.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-09-30 01:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kilorilo said: »
Waist item with Movement Speed II +24 and regen/regain/refresh.

What exactly would that bring people up to? I'm under the impression an 11 Bolter's Roll with +5 Phantom Roll with Chocobo Jig II on top of it is equivalent to Flee. What would that bring it up to? Chocobo speed?

[edit] I will proofread my posts. I will proofread my post. I will proofread my posts...
By missdivine 2015-09-30 01:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Natenn said: »
they want everyone to go to 14 anyway

That's been their goal for a long time now. It would solve the problem of their fragmented FF MMO user base. With how absolutely, utterly horrible a failure that FFXIV 1.0 was, and with how much money they poured into FFXIV: ARR (I wonder where that all came from), it's embarrassing to them that people still prefer FFXI, almost as if the reason is the market for WoW clones was already oversaturated, where as FFXI is an EverQuest clone, for which there are too few remaining.

It's actually quite the contrary.