users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Moderation/Administration chatter
Moderation/Administration chatter
First Page 2 3 4 5
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-15 09:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I thought you had to eat the brains of a moderator in order to absorb their powers.

This might be the first post I've seen suggesting mods had brains to start with.

LET THE HEALING BEGIN
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-08-15 09:16:08
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
How does one become a moderator of people? Like in charge of topic bans and deleting posts.

You have to date another moderator !
Jeez I don't remember her name but it was a really funny thing.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-15 09:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
fonewear said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
How does one become a moderator of people? Like in charge of topic bans and deleting posts.

You have to date another moderator !
Jeez I don't remember her name but it was a really funny thing.
We'll just have to take your word for that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [352 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 14:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Necrobump: "I blame Seha" edition
By Faelar 2016-08-03 00:30:23
Link | Citer | R

rookslies said: »
*snip*

Grow up.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 00:39:04
Link | Citer | R

All this reminds me of when I got banned for having a opinion on Vaccines

Then banned again asking rooks if he understood he was not the original poster of the random thoughts thread and if he understood that the original poster on page 1 first post said "anything that comes to mind or intrigues you " and that if he understood people can randomly think about politics.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 00:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh dang the post got deleted
By Quizzy 2016-08-03 00:40:11
Link | Citer | R

This isn't nearly as interesting to most people as you think =/
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 00:42:43
Link | Citer | R

I didn't find anything wrong with Altimaomega having different opinions
By Murisia 2016-08-03 00:44:33
Link | Citer | R

an admin perma banning someone is well within his rights, having helped moderate a website in the past i know full well the responsibilites of them.

I'm sure Rooks had his reasons and isn't required to share them. Its also easy to keep him from making new accounts if it really came down to it. Blocking the IP address is a viable way, though i'm not sure if the coding on this site is ready for that.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 00:46:38
Link | Citer | R

It's not considering the post that got deleted explained that to rooks.
By Murisia 2016-08-03 00:48:22
Link | Citer | R

i saw the post before it got deleted, i'm not surprised it was removed, he practically egged the mod's on to do it
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-03 01:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Murisia said: »
an admin perma banning someone is well within his rights, having helped moderate a website in the past i know full well the responsibilites of them.

I'm sure Rooks had his reasons and isn't required to share them. Its also easy to keep him from making new accounts if it really came down to it. Blocking the IP address is a viable way, though i'm not sure if the coding on this site is ready for that.

re: Lordgrim

You got banned for doing something I very plainly told you not to do, and then you got topicbanned from RT for bringing politics in it, which has always been verboten there. Not real sure where your confusion is coming from. I mostly let you post your ridiculous, moonbat, borderline racist ***in peace, but feel free to continue making me regret that decision.

re: AO

His IP is already blocked. He's been using proxies. I don't really know what he expects the endgame of this to be, and I don't care. I gave him a lot more chances than he deserved, and he still whines. Whatever. So, now, I get to spend time working out more fun ways to keep people from registering on the site and posting, which is shitty.

It's still pretty easy to make new accounts right now; you just need an email address and a linked character. I can't really make it any harder without penalizing legit users, but if there's one thing we've learned about AO, he gives absolutely no *** about anyone else, as long as he can shout about his politics on a video game forum.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-08-03 01:15:52
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Did you know how awesome this video is?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 01:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »

I can't really make it any harder without penalizing legit users, but if there's one thing we've learned about AO, he gives absolutely no *** about anyone else, as long as he can shout about his politics on a video game forum.

Honest question

Why have a political section then on a game forum if only one side seems respected?

Also i had a question about windower rooks one of my accounts was on xbox 360, if i download windower can you tell me how I can play both accounts at the same time? I have a duel monitor set up.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-03 01:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Also i had a question about windower rooks one of my accounts was on xbox 360, if i download windower can you tell me how I can play both accounts at the same time? I have a duel monitor set up.

You literally just launch Windower twice. Controlling both is a different discussion (and well beyond the scope of this thread).

Why have a political section then on a game forum if only one side seems respected?

I mostly don't care what someone's politics are. Enforcement in that section happens for a number of reasons, but "point of view" isn't one of them.

Except, of course, for the thing that got you sent on vacation. I stick to that one, and will not bend. Believe it all you like, if you enjoy weapons grade ignorance, but you don't get to try and push it on anyone else around here.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-03 01:36:28
Link | Citer | R

I can't really make it any harder without penalizing legit users, but if there's one thing we've learned about AO, he gives absolutely no *** about anyone else, as long as he can shout about his politics on a video game forum.

Honest question

Because if there wasn't a P+R section then people would post that stuff elsewhere on the forums...
By Bloodrose 2016-08-03 12:37:36
Link | Citer | R

When is Rooks going to run for Moderator of the United States?

I'd totally vote for him
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 12:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Why cant we block Mods?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-03 12:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azriel said: »
Why cant we block Mods?

Because in ages past, there were cases where things in a thread got out of control, and a moderator would attempt to defuse it/warn people; only the mod was blocked, so said warning was ignored, and people involved ended up suspended/topicbanned when it might have just ended with a talking to.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 12:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Can allways PM me tho,

Id like to just not read the BS on boards and get PM as a defuse warning or w/e. Can we do that?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-08-03 12:46:37
Link | Citer | R

There's really no good reason to allow blocking mods on any forum, it was just one of those things that nobody cared about until it became an issue.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 12:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
There's really no good reason to allow blocking mods on any forum,

I disagree.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-03 12:48:26
Link | Citer | R

#MODLIVESMATTER!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-03 12:48:30
Link | Citer | R

the BS on boards

I'm not gonna claim I'm not part of the problem here at times, but the mods/admins aren't appreciably worse shitposters than the rest of crowd.

Is there something specific you're referring to?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 12:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »

I'd totally vote for him

the BS on boards

I'm not gonna claim I'm not part of the problem here at times, but the mods/admins aren't appreciably worse shitposters than the rest of crowd.

Is there something specific you're referring to?
Don't feel too bad Rooks. If it's any consolation, you are as much of a shitposter as I am.
By Jetackuu 2016-08-03 12:53:03
Link | Citer | R

weapons grade ignorance

Sorry, but I chuckled at this.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-03 12:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bloodrose said: »

I'd totally vote for him
The Canadian Flag icon here looks suspiciously like a [+], why is that?
By Bloodrose 2016-08-03 12:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
weapons grade ignorance

Sorry, but I chuckled at this.
Ignorance of Mass Delusions.
[+]