Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-13 14:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Why is Rooks the only good mod?!
He could of been a mod back in 2013, but he wasn't picked
Wish we would've picked him to replace Houp immediately after he resigned. His help would've been greatly appreciated.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-13 14:57:53
Link | Citer | R

Okay, serious question that I'm pretty sure isn't possible, but kinda needs to be asked to connect the theme off these two sites.

Are there any plans for FFXIV market board support? (I'm sure it's desired but isn't possible).

I ask this because XIAH is what it is because of it's unique support for the XI AH. To continue that into XIV we probably would need the same thing, but like I said, it isn't possible I'm sure.

Are we pretty much going to have to wait for the next Windower? or for SE to release an official Market Board app?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-13 15:00:22
Link | Citer | R

IIRC he was still trying to get the data to be able to manipulate it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-13 15:01:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Rooks said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
We might have to cut down on that! I don't know what will happen if we keep stroking his ego too much...

It's honestly kind of uncomfortable, and I do wish it would stop. I appreciate the praise, but not at the expense of the other current and former moderators.
The truth is that it's often not actually that people want to praise you but rather take a snip at the other ones.
Considering the history, I wouldn't fault them for that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-13 15:01:23
Link | Citer | R

or for SE to release an official Market Board app?
Surprised they haven't.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-08-13 15:01:23
Link | Citer | R

he was still all wet behind the ears then!
and we were all...snot nosed little punk! get off my lawn!!!

and then he sulked...
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-13 15:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Okay, serious question that I'm pretty sure isn't possible, but kinda needs to be asked to connect the theme off these two sites.

Are there any plans for FFXIV market board support? (I'm sure it's desired but isn't possible).

I ask this because XIAH is what it is because of it's unique support for the XI AH. To continue that into XIV we probably would need the same thing, but like I said, it isn't possible I'm sure.

Are we pretty much going to have to wait for the next Windower? or for SE to release an official Market Board app?

So, my original pitch to Stan was to use the Guildwork plugin to populate data like it does with bazaars on the XI side. He didn't go for that, so I'm currently at a loss for how to gather it.

There is some work on a XIV windower, so that's another possible vector, but the technique we use to get the XI info won't work on XIV, so I don't have any data to use. I have a fully functioning market board locally, it's just running off of dummy data for testing purposes.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer. All I can say is that if there's ever a way to get MB information, that IMMEDIATELY becomes Priority One, drop everything else kind of work. Like, I'd probably take a vacation day from work to get it done and launched to the live site.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-13 15:06:21
Link | Citer | R

In better news, I cracked the new .dat format for XIV last night, so I have a fully functioning data extractor. I'm writing the code that'll munge all of that data into something the site can use, but ideally by Tuesday the site will have a complete dump of game data, including things like Triple Triad cards and such.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-13 15:11:24
Link | Citer | R

Will it tell us where to get everything as well?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-13 15:12:33
Link | Citer | R

In better news, I cracked the new .dat format for XIV last night, so I have a fully functioning data extractor. I'm writing the code that'll munge all of that data into something the site can use, but ideally by Tuesday the site will have a complete dump of game data, including things like Triple Triad cards and such.

It might be better said in the suggestions section, but what are the chances of getting some sort of wiki style data added to the item pages?
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-13 15:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
That might have to be user submitted
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-13 15:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Anything that's in the dat files in any readable way will be available. Bear in mind that the data as it exists is extremely raw, for example, here's one line from the shop data file:
Code
262198	Purchase Battle Accessories	0	0	0	0	757	758	759	765	768	771	772	773	791	792	793	799	800	801	831	832	833	839	840	841	874	875	876	882	883	884	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0

So yeah, I'll be able to get it all with a little digging and detective work.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-13 15:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
It might be better said in the suggestions section, but what are the chances of getting some sort of wiki style data added to the item pages?

Something beyond the item comments? What do you have in mind?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-13 15:16:06
Link | Citer | R

That might have to be user submitted

All of that is actually in there, it's just a matter of connecting dots. That's my top problem to solve at the moment.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-13 15:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Something beyond the item comments? What do you have in mind?

Something structured like item recipes, how to obtain it, etc. For FFXI, this site had a lot of traffic and comments were enough. People upvoted the ones that were correct. But FFXIVPro doesn't have as much traffic on the items portion, mostly because it wasn't working, so there isn't any useful information or comments on any of the items.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-13 15:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Something structured like item recipes, how to obtain it, etc. For FFXI, this site had a lot of traffic and comments were enough. People upvoted the ones that were correct. But FFXIVPro doesn't have as much traffic on the items portion, mostly because it wasn't working, so there isn't any useful information or comments on any of the items.

I'm hoping I can get most of that information from the dats (and display it in helpful ways). If that's insufficient, then yeah, we'll see what else can be done.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-13 15:28:42
Link | Citer | R

I thought this was Ni for a second when I saw all the mod posts !
[+]
By Aelius 2015-08-15 02:37:27
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I thought this was Ni for a second when I saw all the mod posts !

...but there hasn't been a mod posting in here at all until now.

Anna Ruthven said: »
Wish we would've picked him to replace Houp immediately after he resigned. His help would've been greatly appreciated.

Not entirely sure why Rooks was overlooked in the first place way back when. Probably Byrth.

Yeah, it was Byrth's fault.

But FFXIVPro doesn't have as much traffic on the items portion, mostly because it wasn't working, so there isn't any useful information or comments on any of the items.

I would suggest rebuild the website and not design it based from the FFXIAH. It's kinda a different game so, it should be kinda a different website of it's own. Probably would be a hassle for current admins though unless new and trustworthy coders step up.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-15 02:42:02
Link | Citer | R

And it should go without saying, but behave yourselves.
You assume way too much.
By Aelius 2015-08-15 02:44:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm always in jest. Unless I come at you in the form of private message.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-08-15 02:47:12
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-15 03:49:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-08-15 05:27:27
Link | Citer | R

quit having fun in here its only a matter of time before some purple bar has a bitchfit!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-08-15 06:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
quit having fun in here its only a matter of time before some purple bar has a bitchfit!
*** this ***I'm so pissed...

Damn I forgot I'm not purple!
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-08-15 07:14:40
Link | Citer | R

How does one become a moderator of people? Like in charge of topic bans and deleting posts.
By fonewear 2015-08-15 07:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
How does one become a moderator of people? Like in charge of topic bans and deleting posts.

You have to date another moderator !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-15 09:04:56
Link | Citer | R

I thought you had to eat the brains of a moderator in order to absorb their powers.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-15 09:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Aelius said: »
new and trustworthy coders

What in the hell, I just got here!
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-15 09:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

Every so often, when staffing levels are low, applications are taken, the current mods/admins look at them and pick new ones. That's about all there is to it.

I'm a bit of a special case, since my promotion to moderator was in part due to impending programming duties, but I did go through the application process, and I take my mod duties seriously.