GearSwap - Re-enabled
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-06-26 10:39:54
Link | Citer | R

The day that SE bans solely for Windower is the day they might as well shut the servers down. The latter will happen first.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-26 10:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
The day that SE bans solely for Windower is the day they might as well shut the servers down. The latter will happen first.

I'm already at a point where I don't enjoy the game sans Gearswap enough to bother playing it. Gearswap just feels so naturally right when it comes to playing this game that if it were permanently disabled I'd quit along with it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kengo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2015-06-26 11:33:16
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
Not to rock the boat or anything here but I always see windower guys saying you're safe there's no way SE could know you're using windower... I use windower, but I guarantee you SE allows it right now and has many methods they could use to figure out if you use it or not. An easy way off the top of my head is just realize that the pattern of packets sent out, while valid, will have different patterns than the ones sent out by the native client and equip sets. Consider it a fingerprint for lack of a better word. You might say that that's too advanced! Or whatever. But no it's really not, besides just monitoring for impossible actions like large sets of gear changed within 1 second, you can look at the number of gear changes made in a small time, and there's many other indicators. Like the large number of people that crash after an update, for example, and oh they also send out a ton of gear changes that our equipsets don't allow and... there's lots of ways. And knowing these you could very well turn packet data received from the client into a visual medium, just like they do with the CIA and looking through cell phone binary code, you don't have to know what it is, just by how it is represented in a physical medium, you can learn pattern recognition because all processor binaries look this way and networking code binaries look this way... and packets sent from a client using this software looks this way and packets sent from the native look this way. There's patterns there and there's nothing the windower team can do to change that, other than simulating packet for packet and having all the same limitations that the in game equipsets do, and even then they are different entities. I really appreciate your work on it and I think it's great you do it and I like to use it. But I simply know it's a false statement to say that there's no way for SE to know you're using it. Because there are tons. So lets just be honest about it shall we? We can use it cause SE has allowed it. And probably because if they didn't they'd lose half their subs.

This argument is new and exciting.
By Keido 2015-06-26 11:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
... because if they didn't they'd lose the rest of their subs.

FTFY
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 12:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I didn't have all the libraries I needed included, but all the results so far have been expanding our list of action types rather than our knowledge of the strange new bytes. Here is an updated version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7lweujwsxgogzp/action_monitor.lua?dl=0
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-06-26 12:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah im disabled but thanks for the heads up.
By ithorien 2015-06-26 12:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Okay, I didn't have all the libraries I needed included, but all the results so far have been expanding our list of action types rather than our knowledge of the strange new bytes. Here is an updated version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7lweujwsxgogzp/action_monitor.lua?dl=0

No runtime on 22 on the objects I've interacted with before so far.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 14:02:53
Link | Citer | R

I pushed a version live that works again to go along with Arcon's LuaCore changes. No one has documented anything but 00s in the last 12 bytes of the action packet.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-26 14:08:59
Link | Citer | R

I pushed a version live that works again to go along with Arcon's LuaCore changes. No one has documented anything but 00s in the last 12 bytes of the action packet.

Plugin_manager is having runtime error. pluginmanager.lua:133 attempt to index a nil value

Hmm, that was only because I was updating without logging off. Logged out and back in (no POL reset) has everything working.

Thanks Byrth!
By Draylo 2015-06-26 14:16:02
Link | Citer | R

What are they up to?
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-26 14:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
What are they up to?
I would guess laying down the framework for a full re-structuring once the 360/PS2 versions are done and they are less restrained by hardware limitations.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-26 14:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Just crashed when I hit a keybind on my gearswap in town. And LS mates are crashing too. Something is still buggy with gearswap.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2015-06-26 14:38:18
Link | Citer | R

I turned off autojoin and distance addon.
I havent crashed yet.
edit: nvm crash when i target something
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 14:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Trying to look into it. Are you guys R0ing and DCing, getting an error and disconnected, or getting a crash to desktop?
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-26 14:46:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't use autojoin, but have distance on. keybinds work, and everything else appears to be working properly. Although Im in a BC right now where LS mate keeps dc'ing, perhaps related, ill ask when they log back in.

Okay, I just auto crashed all the way out when trying to call a trust. Despite not being leader.
 Odin.Brahk
Serveur: Odin
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-06-26 14:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Hi, I was getting just kicked to desktop when doing as little as casting haste before a BC battle (the other two times were hitting JA and trying to do a WS during a fight).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-26 14:49:13
Link | Citer | R

It could be that their files didn't update for whatever reason. If so, here are links to the changed files in my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzum8rq9lvaqjl9/helper_functions.lua?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rbco2a0lkq6b1l/flow.lua?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/12yu4ayhkaqpdth/gearswap.lua?dl=0
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-26 14:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Trying yours rq

Seems to be good
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-26 14:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Trying to look into it. Are you guys R0ing and DCing, getting an error and disconnected, or getting a crash to desktop?

I was trading with my dualbox, chose trade, went to target my dualbox and hit f9 instinctively, which is my kinematics keybind to change offense mode. I froze, then crashed. Saw redball on my other account for the character.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-26 14:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cambion said: »
I don't use autojoin, but have distance on. keybinds work, and everything else appears to be working properly. Although Im in a BC right now where LS mate keeps dc'ing, perhaps related, ill ask when they log back in.

Okay, I just auto crashed all the way out when trying to call a trust. Despite not being leader.

LS Mate said they were trying to call a pet (BST) both times that forced the crash.

*Edit: For what it's worth, my offensive mode triggers (Mote .lua) doesn't crash me on Dnc.

*When I log in I get Critical Error Failed to find TargetArray

Edit: Dnc/Sam using: (from job ability list)
Meditate = fine
Thirdeye = fine
Seigan = insta-crash
Meditate = instacrash this time (had someone targeted)
Sekkanoki = instacrash (targeting myself)
Sekkanoki = fine (with no one targeted)
Seigan = fine (with no one targeted)

2nd set of tests:
Mob targeted, but not engaged:
Fan Dance = insta crash
Mob targeted, engaged (while attacking):
Fan Dance = insta crash
Mob targeted, engaged (while attacking)
Fan Dance (From macro) = fine

Seems liek as long as I don't have anything targeted, including myself, they all work fine. But targeting anything and then trying to use JA with force crash. Although, while engaged, my steps worked fine.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-26 14:56:03
Link | Citer | R

LS Mate said they were trying to call a pet (BST) both times that forced the crash.

*Edit: For what it's worth, my offensive mode triggers (Mote .lua) doesn't crash me on Dnc.

They only crashed me because I was in the middle of choosing a trade target. Otherwise they didn't crash me.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-26 15:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah just crashed me. Luacore.dll

Fighting a baeflyr, went to cure myself while engaged. Crashed me with <stpc>
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-26 15:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Says Luacore is the faulting module in event viewer whenever I crash from attempting to cast a spell from the magic menu. It's a hard program crash, not an R0.
By Nyruul 2015-06-26 15:10:02
Link | Citer | R

action_monitor: lua_runtime error: lua:22 attempt to call method 'hex' nil value.

Whenever I speak to Trisvain to exchange merits but I'm guessing that is because of the new KIs?
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-26 15:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Just crashed when using <stpc> to cure a party member. Gearswap was working fine though. Which addons/plugins should be turned off right now?
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-26 15:17:30
Link | Citer | R

CTD when calling trust. FFXIDB fatal errors and closes when using items.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-26 15:18:17
Link | Citer | R

As far as my testing goes, it seems to be an issue with our 'target'.
All of my JA from macros work fine, because you don't target yourself when doing them. The same applies for job abilites and spells. Using <stal> to cure works fine (Dnc still, ill test whm in a sec) using 'steps' or 'fan dance' from a macro works fine, but if I use it from the JA list where it requires you to target yourself and hit enter, it crashes instantly.

Just tested Whm. Same thing. Curing using <stal> works fine. Curing using any type of target insta crash.
By lula13 2015-06-26 15:22:34
Link | Citer | R

in my case gearswap is now loading and working however everytime i go to cast a spell it is crashing my pol. also still see this error
Critical Error Can Not Find Targetarray
By lula13 2015-06-26 15:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Byrth in my experience I crashed to desktop when trying to cast sneak on myself I think there on to something with the target it seems that when we target someone or something it crashes and says POL has crashed and you have to exit it and relaunch windower