The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-07 22:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Genoxd said: »
They don't stack and Fenrir is a flat number based on skill instead of % as I recall so it's probably significantly worse on most or all end game content

Thanks for the response on stacking, that clears up anything I needed to know.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Serveur: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-09-08 10:33:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I know. I waited until the last day of card campaign to 99 smn :/
Think it only comes like once every 3 months or so. Traded all my THF+BLU cards to get the 10 needed to make the +2 body, so need 49 more. Would be a long grind to solo but it's not pertinent to have +3 body right now, since nobody will ever ask me to play this job, maybe ever.

If you can farm daily omen for detritus, then you should score about 100+ cards/month, so by the time you get to next campaign, that’s about 200 of useless cards, swap them to what you want, 20 cards for smn, painless and probably 6 stacks of detritus by then (60M +/-).
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-08 10:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I know. I waited until the last day of card campaign to 99 smn :/
Think it only comes like once every 3 months or so. Traded all my THF+BLU cards to get the 10 needed to make the +2 body, so need 49 more. Would be a long grind to solo but it's not pertinent to have +3 body right now, since nobody will ever ask me to play this job, maybe ever.

If you can farm daily omen for detritus, then you should score about 100+ cards/month, so by the time you get to next campaign, that’s about 200 of useless cards, swap them to what you want, 20 cards for smn, painless and probably 6 stacks of detritus by then (60M +/-).

If he wants 49 SMN cards to +3 his SMN body, your plan will take him ~5 months, optimistically, of using every single tag. I think he's asking for the sub-5 month plan.

The real answer is: don't solo cards on SMN. Get a friend or two or 5, yell for teammates, or do anything you can to NOT solo Omen on SMN. Barring that, sure you can slowly grind down mobs with single BPs, it sucks.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-09-08 14:26:18
Link | Citer | R

SMN is a good job for getting JA & cure objectives while also giving a party some buffs.
just build yourself a cure cheat macro so you can do that quick. SMN HP pingpongs so easily.

Sadly blood pacts don't count toward weaponskill or magic objectives so you're sitting on your hands with those really.
6step, 15k nuke, & 30k ws/mb would be difficult to hit on SMN.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-08 14:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
6step, 15k nuke, & 30k ws/mb would be difficult to hit on SMN.

The word you're looking for here is "impossible". You can't hit a 15k nuke or 30k MB with SMN. 30k WS is probably possible with a REALLY good set and a SC (set up by your pet). 6-step won't actually be a 6-step if you're solo, it will be a (2-step?) lower number of SC. Should be possible. IDK how possible a 2k attack round is, maybe with an AM3 triple attack? Good luck though...

The rest should be fine, WS, Physical WS, magical WS, spells, abilities, eliminating foes, crits. But you're potentially missing out on 4/14 objectives which is...not great...also runs will be very slow.

You do you, if you absolutely can't find people to go with, it's certainly possible to do solo SMN runs, but I think missing ~1/3 of the objectives is not great for trying to farm cards specifically.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-09-08 15:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Iroha II solos a multistep SC, so that one is a freebie unless you have a full party or more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154