necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [147 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Obysuca
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-25 23:00:36
Link | Citer | R

So >_> Just curious if anyone here still plays mh4u. Figured I'd try asking lol

Got it during release, played for about 2 months, got G silver crown, then kind of quit. A rl friend pulled me back into it a week ago when he finally got the game and I caught him up to me, except we've kind of hit a wall with conquer seal G. So far, the easiest thing for them seems to be ukanlos(silver cataclysm one), but the major problem is the horrible amount of bads we keep getting :/

I'm not talking about new people or people who make mistakes. I'm talking about full on hr999 or people with gear from quests I don't have yet, who go in and don't dodge for crap, then die within the first 30 seconds. Then someone else will just let ukanlos plow them down, another death. Not even kidding, I've seen some people not even attempt to dodge. One guy during a run got ice on him, didn't bother to avoid the charge at him, just stood there.

I've gone to countless rooms, made tons of my own and out of about 23 tries since last night, we've won none of them, due to people repeatedly dying 2-3 times a fight. Then we'd get new people, same exact problem x.x Worst part, we both need about 6-7 of the seals and can't seem to get a single win on this thing.

So I was wondering if anyone who still has the game / plays, would be up for grinding that quest a few times? I'd be fine with a few wipes if someone hasn't done it / out of practice so thats ok, I'm still a little rusty from not playing for a year too. Not trying to sound elitist or anything, but I'm sure you can understand my frustration these last few days of nonstop wiping(hasn't been me or my friend dying, just the randoms), but I'd like to be able to down it 6-7 times with little to no complete failures :/

Edit: 37 losses total now. 1 win. It's gotten to the point where I want to just kick ANYONE who carts once -.- Especially those morons who die within the first 10 seconds, then die again before it's been a full minute, on a 10 minute fight. I can understand getting hit a few times, but these people just flat out don't even attempt to dodge crap. Like, it's not even a mistake or something, it's "I'll heal while he's shooting a beam at me" or "I got ice, better stand in front of his charge" or even "Charging/beam? Better use a hot drink in it".

Failing a fight this many times due to the other 2 people using all 3 deaths (I've died once, in the last 20? tries) makes me want to throw my 3ds out the window -.-
 Asura.Zekky
Serveur: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-02-26 17:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Oh man. I thought this forum died. I was so sad. If you need any help, let me know! I'll be happy to hop on and play some. I gotta re-familiarize myself with the controls though. Haha. Been awhile since I played religiously.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-26 17:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Is this game co-op online?
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-26 18:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zekky said: »
Oh man. I thought this forum died. I was so sad. If you need any help, let me know! I'll be happy to hop on and play some. I gotta re-familiarize myself with the controls though. Haha. Been awhile since I played religiously.

Well, I might try again in a few hours if you're up for it? Maybe 9pm cst? o: Taking a break for a bit so I don't chuck my 3ds lol

2466-4726-1269

Some of these people though, I swear they must have been carried or hacked their hr up. I actually had a guy in a room earlier with 20k+ paralyze on his weapons.

Altimaomega said: »

Yep, though it feels like you need a set group of friends now to get through G rank :/ the quality in randoms has plummeted lately
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-02-26 21:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
It is a fantastic game. I play with my best friend and my wife and we helped each other gear up and get all the way to G rank gold. Lots of coordination involved and the more variety in weapons each player uses, it gives different tactics.

Siren.Obysuca said: »

Well, I might try again in a few hours if you're up for it? Maybe 9pm cst? o: Taking a break for a bit so I don't chuck my 3ds lol

2466-4726-1269

Some of these people though, I swear they must have been carried or hacked their hr up. I actually had a guy in a room earlier with 20k+ paralyze on his weapons.
Haha, sorry! I was actually playing MH4U and forgot to check this. xD

3093-7533-6656 is mine
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-26 22:45:42
Link | Citer | R

Haha, sorry! I was actually playing MH4U and forgot to check this. xD

3093-7533-6656 is mine

Np :P I ended up having to do something but I'm good now lol
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-02-26 22:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Let me know if you want to slay some monsters! =D
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-27 00:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Let me know if you want to slay some monsters! =D

I'm on right now :P

Tried the quest again, got a really good guy, except we got a horrible 4th who used up all 3 deaths -.-
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-02-27 00:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Do you bring lifepowders or dust of lifes on your runs? They help a lot with quick AOE cures.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-27 01:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Do you bring lifepowders or dust of lifes on your runs? They help a lot with quick AOE cures.

Usually but I ran out of items for them a while ago. You've seen why on the runs lol
MSPaint Winner
By Apocalypse 2016-02-27 01:37:23
Link | Citer | R

#1 reason I solo everything in MH games. Decent players are too hard to find. It's so irritating watching randoms cart.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-02-27 01:51:16
Link | Citer | R

I like running into good players in random though as well. I've met some great people and learn new tactics from observing others.

Also some of the fights would be just be lonely and long without a friend or two helping.

Siren.Obysuca said: »

Usually but I ran out of items for them a while ago. You've seen why on the runs lol
After all those fights, I gotta replenish my AOE potions. Haha. Hope to play some more!
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-29 00:30:41
Link | Citer | R

After all those fights, I gotta replenish my AOE potions. Haha. Hope to play some more!

Might be doing some more quests Tuesday if you're up for it o: Finally got the last seal so now I can continue with other things >_>

The description of the armor should be changed to "Crafted from the blood of bads and terribles" lol After as many fails as it took to get such a little amount of seals, if I ever see another armor set that needs them, I'm completely ignoring it
MSPaint Winner
By Apocalypse 2016-03-03 23:06:25
Link | Citer | R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-wlTYVLIY

Called it. Summer release 2016.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-03-04 01:05:49
Link | Citer | R

For those interested here is a list of monsters for Generations.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHX:_Monsters

Can also click one of the options from the list at the top to view other things.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-03-04 04:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Apocalypse said: »

[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-03-04 09:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Apocalypse said: »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [121 days between previous and next post]
By Ackeron 2016-07-03 03:14:38
Link | Citer | R

With the Release of Monster hunter Generations (or X in Japan) the demo was put up on the E-Shop.

YouTube Video Placeholder

In the demo you have access to all weapons and the Palico.

All weapons have 4 stances to choose from.

Palico seems to only have one choice.

In the demo you have 3 fights available to you.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-07-03 03:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Nothing special in the demo really apart from the styles. Tried striker on IG and well it was weird not used to only 1 attack button and no jumping lol i think ill stick to guild on that one. Need to give some of the other weapons a go though see what their new styles are like.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-03 16:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Snagged the demo, REALLY like the changes to Hunting Horn which was my main. The double notes allowing chaining songs is very very welcome.

Tried charge blade, but picked aerial, which was a mistake (for me) because my muscle memory makes me want to charge after a combo but that was replaced with an air slash.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 16:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Played through the demo a few days ago. Some of the new styles on the weapons I play are really cool (in the case of Striker Longsword, ridiculously overpowered, impossible for at least a moderately skilled player to drop out of red sword), but my favorite thing so far is the new oil system for SnS. Affinity oil is so *** powerful it isn't even funny, SnS really didn't need a buff at all let alone something of this magnitude. Not complaining but it is questionable.

Also Malfestio G rank/apex is going to be a *** nightmare.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-03 16:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Darn demo teasing me with "Wanna go buy the FULL GAME?!?!" I am like YEAH YEAH. :<
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-07-03 17:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Seen this thread and was praying for news of a PS4 edition otw... no such luck. Why does Capcom treat this franchise, which is it's biggest in sales, w/ such cheap dev costs. Just make a gdi new HD 4K Monster Hunter ffs...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 17:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Hm apparently this one doesn't actually have G rank. Just goes

Normal Rank -> High Rank -> Advanced Quests

Level 10 quests still seem to be the same deal as G Rank/Apex/etc.; one shot moves, high risk situations, etc.

Also yeah, I'd LOVE to have MH on Vita. That thing was almost made for Monster Hunter...
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-07-03 18:27:22
Link | Citer | R

I want it on the Wii U so I can play on 720/1080p HD graphics. Or I'd love what they did with the MH3U and have a transfer pack that allows you to go between 3DS and Wii U swimmingly.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-07-03 19:43:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Also yeah, I'd LOVE to have MH on Vita. That thing was almost made for Monster Hunter...
MH1 & 2 started on PS2 iirc then MHP on PSP. If not PS4 I agree at least give me a Vita version.

I want it on the Wii U so I can play on 720/1080p HD graphics. Or I'd love what they did with the MH3U and have a transfer pack that allows you to go between 3DS and Wii U swimmingly.
MH3U was the last time the series progressed. It really just bugs me, w/ all theses advances in hardware, they continue to go the cheap dev cost route. When a PS4 MH or even a NA version of MH Frontier would be fantastic.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-03 21:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Siren.Akson said: »
praying for news of a PS4 edition otw.

Toukiden is killing it on that front. Most of the changes you are seeing in this gen of MH are just there because MH has competition now.

Unless MH did a full overhaul before trying to come out on PS4/Vita it would just get crushed by Toukiden. MH stepped it up a bit, but is still a good pace behind Toukiden when it comes to innovative combat in the hunting game genre.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 21:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Eh idk, I didn't like Toukiden. Felt like the monsters sat there doing nothing pretty often and being forced to take a party was annoying.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-07-03 22:36:14
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Never heard of nor tried Toukiden. Probly never will. To me it's like comparing a similiar game to the Zelda or Metal Gear franchises. Monster Hunter has sold more copies than both of them and everyone else including Final Fantasy inside Japan.