~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 137 138 139
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-12-15 04:32:50
Link | Citer | R

I would hesitate to declare paladin the new meta even for this ambuscade. PLD has always been extremely potent against trash physical attacks when you can stack them in front of being blocked by shield. In that instance it has always been ahead of RUN.
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-12-15 06:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Datsik said: »
Enjoy the new META, PALADIN/SUMMONER baby.
Gear suggestions inside
Seriously though, check it out it's really good, atleast for this months ambuscade.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Godspeed
/Datsik

With your strategy you legitimize the SE's Dark Matter stupid SMN augment on PLD part!
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-15 07:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akivatoo said: »
Enjoy the new META, PALADIN/SUMMONER baby.
Gear suggestions inside
Seriously though, check it out it's really good, atleast for this months ambuscade.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Godspeed
/Datsik

With your strategy you legitimize the SE's Dark Matter stupid SMN augment on PLD part!
Did not even think about that ***lol!
/delete
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-12-15 08:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
I would hesitate to declare paladin the new meta even for this ambuscade. PLD has always been extremely potent against trash physical attacks when you can stack them in front of being blocked by shield. In that instance it has always been ahead of RUN.

NEW META WOO.

All jokes aside though, tanking Dyna on my Burt PLD char is much more relaxing than Epeo RUN lol.
[+]
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-15 09:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »

NEW META WOO.

All jokes aside though, tanking Dyna on my Burt PLD char is much more relaxing than Epeo RUN lol.

Applesmash is a meta denier and a RUN Shill
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-15 09:33:30
Link | Citer | R

Is the 1min BP timer enough to keep the adds from using triple reversal?
By ksoze 2020-12-15 10:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone help me with a low end set for ambu this month?

At this point is have a priwen from my wjob coupon :p joke.

My pld has some gear and certainly no burt
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-12-15 10:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Burt probably isn't necessary.

You can do it with just Priwen probably if you have the following:
Enhancing duration on reprisal to keep it up 100%
Decent DT set.

Things that will make it easier, but not sure if necessary:
Block rate gear to keep priwen block rate at 100%
Phalanx + gear to minimize damage taken.

I think you'd be able to do it with the first two, the others just make it trivial.

Edit: I swear Martel posted a table a few pages back that had how much block rate you needed at what iLvl to have 100% block rate with priwen + reprisal.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-15 10:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Not sure you need any Shield blockrate+ for Priwen on VD, the only thing I use the Ambu Capes +3 native stats.
Other then that, a SIRD set which isnt to hard for those self cures, but then Priwen has what looks like 100% block so interrupts should be few.
I do this on my mule Pld which only uses Brilliance.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-15 10:50:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Edit: I swear Martel posted a table a few pages back that had how much block rate you needed at what iLvl to have 100% block rate with priwen + reprisal.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/96/#3538417
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-12-15 10:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wotasu said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/96/#3538417

Ahh you beat me to it, I just found it. I think VD ambus is iLvl 139, so technically you should need +14 block rate to cap on Priwen with reprisal.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-15 11:09:54
Link | Citer | R

The Boss Im sure is 139, the Adds must be lower iLvl, cause I have from what I see 100% with just the +3 on the Cape.
Edit: Spoke to soon c.c seems im around 95% blockrate with only Ambu Cape
By ksoze 2020-12-15 11:19:10
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like fun to build and test
By ksoze 2020-12-15 12:27:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm a bit confused.

Reprisal says 1 minute active 3 minutes recast.

Doesn't that mean an enhancing set off 200%? Which is impossible..

Found out I have regal gauntlets from Aman :D
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-15 12:33:43
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »

I'm a bit confused.

With capped magic haste I can keep reprisal up fulltime
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-15 12:44:36
Link | Citer | R

With the Shabti Cuirass NQ/+1 you can with capped haste get 1min3sec~ Reprisal Duration and 59sec recast. With the sets Im using.
Add in Regal Gauntlets it's 1min 17sec~ or about.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-12-15 13:59:35
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »

I'm a bit confused.

With capped magic haste I can keep reprisal up fulltime
With the Shabti Cuirass NQ/+1 you can with capped haste get 1min3sec~ Reprisal Duration and 59sec recast. With the sets Im using.
Add in Regal Gauntlets it's 1min 23sec~ or about.
Using this gear set, I can full time reprisal with Ochain and up to about 9-11 monsters with just Refueling haste. With capped haste and food, I can recast it with about 12 seconds remaining, depending on number of monsters attacking me.
ammo="Sapience Orb",
head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+12','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
body="Rev. Surcoat +3",
hands="Regal Gauntlets",
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15','"Fast Cast"+5','CHR+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+1',}},
feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
neck="Voltsurge Torque",
waist="Creed Baudrier",
left_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
right_ear="Tuisto Earring",
left_ring="Moonbeam Ring",
right_ring="Kishar Ring",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}}

Remember HP affects 'potency' so if you're blocking hella hits, you can use up the spikes before cool Down wears.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-12-15 16:48:10
Link | Citer | R

I use this set and I can keep reprisal up 100% with just Haste 2:
Code
    sets.midcast.Reprisal = set_combine(sets.midcast.FastRecast, {        ammo={ name="Egoist's Tathlum", priority=15},
        neck={ name="Kgt. Beads +2", priority=15},
        head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
        body="Shabti Cuirass +1",
        hands="Regal Gauntlets",
        legs={ name="Souv. Diechlings +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
        feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
        waist="Tempus Fugit +1",
        left_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", priority=15},
        right_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring", priority=15},
        left_ring={ name="Moonbeam Ring", priority=15},
        right_ring={ name="Moonlight Ring", priority=15},
        back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}, priority=13}})

Tempus is just because I was at like 23% haste, and that was already in my inventory, was haste overkill if you want something lower and more beneficial, that's not inv-1.
By Seraphpdh 2020-12-15 18:23:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
The issue for most is getting the Regal Gauntlets to actually drop. 0/crapload.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-12-15 19:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Code
    sets.midcast.Reprisal = set_combine(sets.midcast.FastRecast, {        ammo={ name="Egoist's Tathlum", priority=15},
        head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
        hands="Regal Gauntlets",
        legs={ name="Souv. Diechlings +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
        waist="Tempus Fugit +1",
        back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}, priority=13}})

Tempus is just because I was at like 23% haste, and that was already in my inventory, was haste overkill if you want something lower and more beneficial, that's not inv-1.

Goten, can you explain the priority thing to me? I understand the concept that it's so items with more HP swap first so that you don't take a max HP hit when casting, what's confusing to me is some clearly superior HP items don't have the priority tag, while others do. When do you decide which one gets priority=15?
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-12-15 19:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Code
        hands="Regal Gauntlets",
        waist="Tempus Fugit +1",

Goten, can you explain the priority thing to me? I understand the concept that it's so items with more HP swap first so that you don't take a max HP hit when casting, what's confusing to me is some clearly superior HP items don't have the priority tag, while others do. When do you decide which one gets priority=15?

so 15= first, 1= last, Look at your set that would be put on before this set, which in this case would be sets.precast.FastCast.
In that case, you want to see what items would increase hp first, so for:
Code
    sets.precast.FC = {    ammo={name="Egoist's Tathlum", priority=15},
    head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'HP+80','STR+12','INT+12',}},
    body="Rev. Surcoat +3",
    hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
    feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','STR+12','INT+12',}},
    waist= {name="Creed Baudrier", priority=15},
    left_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
    right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring", priority=15},
    left_ring="Weather. Ring",
    right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},}

my left ring, loses hp, so it needs to go back on first, I probably overkill what hp items need to go on first, but its to ensure I always add hp before I lose hp.
 Asura.Datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-16 06:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Is the 1min BP timer enough to keep the adds from using triple reversal?
Yes, if you use a block set with reprisal
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-12-16 08:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Hey all.

So um... in an odd mix of boredom, the pandemic keeping me shut in, and wanting to contribute/give back to the community, I filled up the Community PLD Guide on bg-wiki.

It's my hope that it will be helpful in some respect to basic gearing questions. Uh, lemme know what y'all think?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Paladin_Guide
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-16 10:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Hey all.

So um... in an odd mix of boredom, the pandemic keeping me shut in, and wanting to contribute/give back to the community, I filled up the Community PLD Guide on bg-wiki.

It's my hope that it will be helpful in some respect to basic gearing questions. Uh, lemme know what y'all think?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Paladin_Guide
Good work on a new Guide. Nice sets overall, though I'm far from an expert. But some sets looks odd in my eyes.
The Cure Sets seems to be built around Su4/5 or thinking that Majesty Cure Potency is I not II? but it's Cure Potency II and will push your total Potency to 75%.
I would advise to have a look at Martel's itemsets. He does very nice sets for Enm/Hybrid/AM/Cure/FC etc all HP Balanced.
Im sure he will have some inputs as well c.c
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-12-16 10:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Good work on a new Guide. Nice sets overall, though I'm far from an expert. But some sets looks odd in my eyes.
The Cure Sets seems to be built around Su4/5 or thinking that Majesty Cure Potency is I not II? but it's Cure Potency II and will push your total Potency to 75%.
I would advise to have a look at Martel's itemsets. He does very nice sets for Enm/Hybrid/AM/Cure/FC etc all HP Balanced.
Thank you. Yeah, a friend who was checking my progress along the way gave me similar critiques about my personal sets as well. I made that section around what I already had or used personally.

Fairly certain I wrote my personal cure sets are not optimal and is only cure potency +56% with Majesty up.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-16 11:04:29
Link | Citer | R

You did say it was 56% with Majesty in the comments, so I made the Question about su4/5 or thinking it was Cure Potency I and not II. But if that's it what you're using atm that explains it. :)
Good work overall.
By Heghmoh 2020-12-21 11:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Why do all the capes on the BG wiki guide use -DT instead of -PDT? with other jobs i always do pdt because its so easy to hit mdt cap with Shell. Or is it just for the additional BDT as the tank?
[+]
By bombsdiggity 2020-12-29 14:59:29
Link | Citer | R

i noticed your enmity set had eschite instead if souvereign schuhs and you ommitted gishdubar in cursna, looks good though
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-29 15:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Thank you. Yeah, a friend who was checking my progress along the way gave me similar critiques about my personal sets as well. I made that section around what I already had or used personally.

Fairly certain I wrote my personal cure sets are not optimal and is only cure potency +56% with Majesty up.

In all honesty I wouldn't use that set anyway as you can cap SIRD and Cure potency in the same set which I'll put my set up once I get home.

ItemSet 372973

Cure Potency+6% on the feet, Odnowa is rank 15, my nourishing earring only has enough rank to cap SIRD and Cape is HP+80 eva/meva+20 Cure potency+10 and PDT+10. I can fire off cures when ever i want and it keeps PDT/MDT capped so im not really dropping anything defensively. Does put me just under 3k HP but with Majesty it hits other party members for just over 1k and 1.3k self for Cure IV.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-12-29 16:15:53
Link | Citer | R

The Community Guide is a good resource but am I crazy or are the hybrid sets not gear haste capped? You could maybe do haste on the ambu cape?

Heghmoh said: »
Why do all the capes on the BG wiki guide use -DT instead of -PDT? with other jobs i always do pdt because its so easy to hit mdt cap with Shell. Or is it just for the additional BDT as the tank?

My logic for -DT over -PDT was a) I want to be fully prepared for situations where I'm getting dispelled and b) PLD gets a huge amount of -PDT in its gear, more than other jobs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 137 138 139