Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 137 138 139
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-12-04 20:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Well if MDT works against Mijin II then it's base damage is well over 99k since I'm pretty sure I've taken more than 50k on RUN.

Also wouldn't Fealty work against Mijin II? Dunno if that would just guarantee the 1/8th or does it's own fancy pants stuff since well Mijin...
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-12-04 20:46:03
Link | Citer | R

That's a good point. I've seen a WHM take only 40K+, while the rest of the group ate a 99k. Not even sure what that suggests. Maybe a resist? Maybe MDB applies? But in any case, if everyone in the group took 99k, and all had shell V then it would have had to have started out with at least 140,843 base dmg to still be 99k after shell V. And even higher to still hit someone in 50% MDT 99k.

But if MDT doesn't apply then I have no idea how that was survived.

And I'm not sure on Fealty. I know it doesn't help with dynamis D wave 3 Mijin, but more normal Mijin.. maybe? I don't think there's ever been any testing on how the damage reduction from fealty for those rare, rare, attacks it works on functions. So I have no clue how it works or how potent it is for those.
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-12-04 22:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Wow. Were you wearing Aegis for that? Assuming Mijin II isn't the *** ignores MDT sort... Actually, MDT has to have applied. There's no other way that could have been survived.

Assuming 99,999 base dmg, a full resist would put it at 12,499 dmg. Dead. Apply Rampart to get 9,374. Still deeead. But if MDT works, and Aegis+capped MDT then 99k*0.125*0.125=1,562. Survivable without even using Rampart. Although it hit you a bit harder than that... slightly uncapped MDT? Or the base dmg is actually higher than 99k. A base dmg of 120k reduced by a 1/8 resist then aegis+capped MDT would be 1,875 which is close but still a bit too low.

And anything less than a full resist and boom. Still, neat to see it happen at all. lol

Yeah, I had aegis on. This has been my set:
I'm not sure if it was just a random thing though because on that fight, I did get charmed as well, someone enfeebed it. Maybe Mijin has something to do with hate? That was the only time I've seen the damage that low and survived it.
By Pilipinoboi 2020-12-05 00:06:00
Link | Citer | R

I survived a Mijin last month too but I think it was because of a Warder's Charm +1 proc absorbing the dmg.
By Crossbones 2020-12-05 10:07:03
Link | Citer | R

I almost feel like the 99k is bugged. I've taken wave 3 mijin a lot (as rune) and it either hits me fror 99k, somewhere around the 3k area, or like 700 damage or sometimes less, but never like 20k / 30k damage or anything else that could be lesser resists of 99k. It definitely has some very strange behavior. I think pld has better tools of dealing with this one that rune with their JA. Next time I have odyllic up for a nin NM I'll hit em with that and see if they can still do 99k.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-12-05 17:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
I almost feel like the 99k is bugged. I've taken wave 3 mijin a lot (as rune) and it either hits me fror 99k, somewhere around the 3k area, or like 700 damage or sometimes less, but never like 20k / 30k damage or anything else that could be lesser resists of 99k. It definitely has some very strange behavior. I think pld has better tools of dealing with this one that rune with their JA. Next time I have odyllic up for a nin NM I'll hit em with that and see if they can still do 99k.
oh the 99k Mijin in Dynamis D is definitely bugged as ***. Watch for it next time, and you'll likely find that it only hits 99k when Mijin fires during the Magic burst window after a skill chain. Which is just bizarre considering it's non-elemental.

Now, the Mamool Ambuscade Mijin Gakure II on the other hand is pretty clearly designed to wipe out everyone. And is fairly consistent at it.
By Crossbones 2020-12-05 18:39:25
Link | Citer | R

I didn't read close enough and thought the discussion was about wave 3 mijin, but good to know it only does 99k when you are being SCd. I couldn't really tell what caused them, but I'll pay more attention next time.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-12-05 20:29:50
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
oh the 99k Mijin in Dynamis D is definitely bugged as ***. Watch for it next time, and you'll likely find that it only hits 99k when Mijin fires during the Magic burst window after a skill chain. Which is just bizarre considering it's non-elemental.

Now, the Mamool Ambuscade Mijin Gakure II on the other hand is pretty clearly designed to wipe out everyone. And is fairly consistent at it.
I know this is probably a one-off but I somehow either evaded Mijin Gakure II or accidentally bypassed something to survive it the other day.
 Asura.Vindus
Serveur: Asura
user: Arc
By Asura.Vindus 2020-12-06 00:36:21
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to add that once a Mijin Gakure II went off on my group at 1% and it didn't kill anyone, so there is likely still some total HP component to add to the confusion. The mamool died immediately after from a melee round at best, so it was super dry.

Never had any other close calls once we got in the rhythm and I wasn't curious enough to try to replicate it.
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-12-06 01:51:21
Link | Citer | R

I kind of wonder if AoE Mijin goes by the party's resistant(mag evasiOn). There was a dyna run where the beastmen nin took out everyone else in the tank party and left me in red low hp, was caught in phalanx midcast gear but the rest of the alliance barely took any damage. Most other times, if Mijin goes off, dps party usually have one or two dead bodies and tank party is not fazed at all.
By SimonSes 2020-12-06 03:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Amancalledhero said: »
I kind of wonder if AoE Mijin goes by the party's resistant(mag evasiOn). There was a dyna run where the beastmen nin took out everyone else in the tank party and left me in red low hp, was caught in phalanx midcast gear but the rest of the alliance barely took any damage. Most other times, if Mijin goes off, dps party usually have one or two dead bodies and tank party is not fazed at all.

AoE Mijin from wave 1 and 2 is subject to magic evasion, but I think thats known for a very long time. Wearing Malignance for example turns the damage to joke. Base damage of that Mijin is 4000. I think I havent been hit for more than 300 for at least a year now.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-12-06 07:23:04
Link | Citer | R

The single target Mijin MB from Wave 3 is totally visible too, the boss only does Blade: Metsu to open for the skillchain, if you see Blade: Metsu, either stun him, swap hate, Blink (for runs), or hope Shield bash can hold him off to not skillchain you.

We always bring a smn with us because Ramuh stun is weirdly OP in Wave 3, so we have the smn watch for Metsu or 30% whichever comes first, and our tanks dont die anymore.
[+]
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-12-06 12:29:25
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

AoE Mijin from wave 1 and 2 is subject to magic evasion, but I think thats known for a very long time. Wearing Malignance for example turns the damage to joke. Base damage of that Mijin is 4000. I think I havent been hit for more than 300 for at least a year now.

I was saying, maybe it goes by the party's magic evasion and not individual?
By SimonSes 2020-12-06 12:54:08
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

I was saying, maybe it goes by the party's magic evasion and not individual?

There is no such thing :) Your tank party probably lives through, because WHM is using Sancrosanity. It checks for personal meva. I had many instances where all DDs in my pt died, because they risked full dd low meva tp set for higher dps and I was ok with dps drop and TPed in high meva :)
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-12-06 20:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
The single target Mijin MB from Wave 3 is totally visible too, the boss only does Blade: Metsu to open for the skillchain, if you see Blade: Metsu, either stun him, swap hate, Blink (for runs), or hope Shield bash can hold him off to not skillchain you.

We always bring a smn with us because Ramuh stun is weirdly OP in Wave 3, so we have the smn watch for Metsu or 30% whichever comes first, and our tanks dont die anymore.
Where were these strats when I was tanking
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-12-06 21:29:47
Link | Citer | R

The Phalanx discussion on the previous page is also made kinda moot by just letting your RDM give you 15 minute Phalanx in your phalanx gear, if we're talking about pro strats.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-07 12:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Which Ambu Capes are everyone using?
atm I have 7 and extra mats for once to make more.
Im not looking into WS capes in general. More utility. And if I should change HP+ to VIT on some of these.
Also Thanks to Martel for his Itemsets for some of these augments c.c!
Code
Idle/Atonmnt/Enm  "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Shield Block      "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Chance of successful block +5'

AM3               "Rudianos's Mantle", 'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

TP Cape           "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Cure              "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','"Cure" potency +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Savage Blade      "Rudianos's Mantle", 'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Fast Cast         "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','"Fast Cast"+10',
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-12-07 15:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Which Ambu Capes are everyone using?
atm I have 7 and extra mats for once to make more.
Im not looking into WS capes in general. More utility. And if I should change HP+ to VIT on some of these.
Also Thanks to Martel for his Itemsets for some of these augments c.c!
Code
Idle/Atonmnt/Enm  "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Shield Block      "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Chance of successful block +5'

AM3               "Rudianos's Mantle", 'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

TP Cape           "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Cure              "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','"Cure" potency +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Savage Blade      "Rudianos's Mantle", 'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%'

Fast Cast         "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','"Fast Cast"+10',
You're welcome. XD

You should be able to get another 20 HP on that fastcast cape, and if it's precast use only, it doesn't really need anything else.

Regarding HP vs VIT, you could make an argument for it, but considering how I struggle to maintain 3k HP already, across many sets, I really don't think I would drop the HP on any of my current tanking capes. At best I might make an extra VIT spec'd tanking cape meant to be used in a special idle set that gets more HP elsewhere. Can probably manage it without too much issue in just the idle set, but in the casting sets.. enmity, SIRD enmity, etc, are where HP gets really tight.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-07 16:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I will probably toss some Dye at the Fast Cast Cap for more HP.
By paladinepsot 2020-12-07 16:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Fast Cast "Rudianos's Mantle", 'HP+60','"Fast Cast"+10',
[/code]
You're welcome. XD

You should be able to get another 20 HP on that fastcast cape, and if it's precast use only, it doesn't really need anything else.

Regarding HP vs VIT, you could make an argument for it, but considering how I struggle to maintain 3k HP already, across many sets, I really don't think I would drop the HP on any of my current tanking capes. At best I might make an extra VIT spec'd tanking cape meant to be used in a special idle set that gets more HP elsewhere. Can probably manage it without too much issue in just the idle set, but in the casting sets.. enmity, SIRD enmity, etc, are where HP gets really tight.

I found that it made sense from an inventory management standpoint to make my fastcast cape also contain SIRD, that way you can leave it on with SIRD mode up and break the non-interruptable threshold.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-12-07 16:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm. I tend to find that it's harder to get 10% PDT in one slot than it is to get equal or higher SIRD in one slot. None of my SIRD sets use an SIRD cape. I have considered it for a few, but I always end up using the PDT cape to cover the PDT loss elsewhere. So while I could throw SIRD on my FC cape.. I don't know that it would ever get used in midcast that way. Definitely a space saver if you do though.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-12-07 21:21:02
Link | Citer | R

And the pieces that would be taking up potential 10%+ PDT slots are at least 20% SIRD.
 Asura.Pibbles
By Asura.Pibbles 2020-12-07 23:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Gah now i have to re-evaluate my sird set.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-12-08 15:17:39
Link | Citer | R

MP management/recovery isn't PLD's strong suit. With out refresh we're stuck with Chivalry on its 10 minute cool down or ,God forbid, /heal. I been playing with this set in Omen and Dynamis D for the last month or so and it works pretty well in a pinch. It doesn't hit that sweet 52% DT cap but it's on purpose to allow some dmg to be taken for the conversion.

ItemSet 376597
By Aricomfy 2020-12-08 15:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
MP management/recovery isn't PLD's strong suit. With out refresh we're stuck with Chivalry on its 10 minute cool down or ,God forbid, /heal. I been playing with this set in Omen and Dynamis D for the last month or so and it works pretty well in a pinch. It doesn't hit that sweet 52% DT cap but it's on purpose to allow some dmg to be taken for the conversion.

ItemSet 376597

This coupled with Ochain, I can imagine would refill your MP pool rather fast. What I currently use is just a toggle that equips Moralltach and Path D Souveran body. Usually does well enough to keep me casting and doesn't harm DT other than the loss of Burtgang temporarily. Though, it's mostly used for idle or running to the next batch of mobs or something. For massive MP return, this set looks like a great idea.

This is all of course under the circumstances of being without a RDM.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-12-09 09:49:20
Link | Citer | R

We busted this myth last night. Martel got 99k'd by a Kamu > Ku skillchain.
By Aricomfy 2020-12-09 11:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Welp. Resubbed and noticed I had a single Mars Orb I didn't use from all the way back in August and got Regal Guantlets with it. What a ****ing welcome back gift. Still can't believe it, absolutely ridiculous the one thing I wanted, I instantly got. There goes my luck for the rest of my life. Time to actually make those sets I've been posting. Jesus Christ.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-09 11:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
Welp. Resubbed and noticed I had a single Mars Orb I didn't use from all the way back in August and got Regal Guantlets with it. What a ****ing welcome back gift. Still can't believe it, absolutely ridiculous the one thing I wanted, I instantly got. There goes my luck for the rest of my life. Time to actually make those sets I've been posting. Jesus Christ.
[+]
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-12-09 19:12:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »

We busted this myth last night. Martel got 99k'd by a Kamu > Ku skillchain.

Yeah, I was looking through some of my old SS, and it doesn't always do metsu to start SC.

Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-15 04:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy the new META, PALADIN/SUMMONER baby.
Gear suggestions inside
Seriously though, check it out it's really good, atleast for this months ambuscade.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Godspeed
/Datsik
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 137 138 139