Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-27 15:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Last major battle content update in FFXI: OMEN, November 2016 - Artifact +2/+3
Next major battle content update in FFXI: iDynamis (speculation) November 2017 - Relic +2/3 (guessing)

1 full year. Should be a pretty clear indication that any new content may be once per year.

With that said, should be a good time for many to resub, myself included, as it coincides with the "Return Home to Vana'Diel" campaign.

Well played, SE. Well played...
1 year is not a bad pace. Omen also had another update after its release to add the final boss.

Would not surprise me we get iDynamis Xarc or zvhal in a futre update
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-10-27 15:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
1 year is not a bad pace. Omen also had another update after its release to add the final boss.

Yeah, I mean, Ambuscade and legendaries remain enough to keep your wheels spinning and while this pace might get frustrating to somebody playing constantly, is anyone actually consistently playing 12 months a year anymore? I just resub for good campaign months and I thought most folks did the same (or at least they barely log in in bad months).
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-10-27 15:54:26
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Yeah, I mean, Ambuscade and legendaries remain enough to keep your wheels spinning and while this pace might get frustrating to somebody playing constantly, is anyone actually consistently playing 12 months a year anymore? I just resub for good campaign months and I thought most folks did the same (or at least they barely log in in bad months).

I still play every day :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-27 16:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Im subbed all year as are many i play with. We just play casually.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-10-27 16:04:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious how ilvl Dyna will work. They BETTER have new foods coming out that have really good stats since they took the suggestions a few months ago.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-10-27 16:10:17
Link | Citer | R

They are occasionally tossing around the "Return to Vana'Diel" campaign throughout the year. I'm guessing its to gather analytics on how many people are only playing when its free/new content is available. They will continue to charge a full monthly fee as long as people stay subscribed year round. When players start answering with their wallets and login stats, we might see the possibility of a price reduction/insurgence of more active players.

As of right now, theres still tons of people who play year round nonstop in a casual setting. The occasional returners are actually the minority.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-27 16:14:50
Link | Citer | R

EQ which is f2p still also has a subcription fee tier with all benefits unlocked.so for long time subbed players nothing changes.

They could certainly make a f2p tier that isn't a trial account where ROE is locked down and you can only do dyna salvage twice a week etc etc. Basically gimp or completely take away RoV buffs we got. I much prefer these return campaigns to the alternative.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-10-27 16:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Well, make no mistake, SE isn't about to change anything until it starts to hurt them. If anything, they will make more money after this next update and the months to follow. if Relic/empyrean+2/3 is released in November, that's 5 more pieces of gear per job you need to carry. Expect Mog Wardrobe 5678 to be released sometime between Dec-Feb.

They've been doing this slick tactic of making everything useful have augments, which means you cannot store it. Which will either force you to buy more space, mules, gimp yourself, or just be 80/80 everywhere you go.

Totally by design and there's no reason to change the working business model at this point. Don't see them going f2p anytime soon.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-27 16:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Of course they wont. FFXI is one of the longest running MMO's that still commands a monthly subscription. And this is taking into consideration that the majority of servers have a player base that hovers around the 200-400 mark along with 2 'main' servers loaded with 1500+ players.

They may not have made the best decisions to various in-game mechanics and design elements, but they do know how to keep the money coming in on a 15 year old game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-10-27 17:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Any idea how much they're grossing from ffxi still and what they're labor/operating costs are in relation to that?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-27 17:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Server hardware isn't that expansive in the grand scheme of things. It's developer and administrater time that kills the budget. At this point FFXI has no dedicated staff of either. So it's cruising on current income with minimum dev time spent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-27 17:23:30
Link | Citer | R

They also probably do a lot of cross staffing between XI and XIV. When XIV is between expansions they can slot a few people to work on XI content. Not an accident a lot of the new gear designs and names from RoV were the same or inspired by FFXIV ARR gearsets
By Afania 2017-10-27 21:41:21
Link | Citer | R

I keep my sub active almost all the time so I have a place to log on to take short daily breaks and escape from real life when I need to. But I avg 5hr-10hr of playtime per week. I know many people just play A LOT, get capped or build 12345578 AG, take a break, come back and play a lot, get capped, take a break. Despite it saves real money that way for me it's way too stressful and it defeats the purpose of playing. I occasionally unsub for 1-2 weeks to save money, but not having a place to take breaks from rl can be annoying, so I just keep them active anyways.

I have grand total of 2 AG weapons and 3 aeonics even though I probably started working on them way before majority of current active playerbase. Despite Omens been out for nearly an year the only +3 pieces that I have is COR 5/5. I'm also missing 1-2 Ou drops that I could use for my other jobs despite Omen is old content.

I find current pace of game just right. Even if new content isn't out in Nov there's absolutely zero possibility that I would run out of things to do in next 3 months. If they release content at faster pace (say, June instead of Nov) I would probably be overwhelmed since at that time I was still busy working on MT clears, HQs, a few missing pieces in niche sets, missing dps vorseals and last aeonic that I need, on the same time taking classes and work multiple jobs irl. Current pace allow myself to get tons of spare time for rl, gearing side jobs, experiment new things, on the same time it doesn't feel like I'm seriously behind in terms of progression and gears. I almost always have something to work on whenever I log on, on the same time I don't feel like I absolutely need to finish them all.

It's so nice.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2017-10-28 06:56:29
Link | Citer | R

stopped playing after MNK patch. Unsubscribed in Sept. Today I gave primex away for someone else to enjoy. Gave them my lua's, taught them how to load my macros from server. If you see a bad *** Elvaan decked out in nothing but HQ, be nice. Won't say who they were, but they were easily one of the best players in this game's history.

So 100% done with FFXI. I have no means of coming back even if I ever wanted to. Regardless of where the game is at now, it has been and probably will remain the best game I have ever experienced. (Maybe FFXVI or FFXVII will be a virtual reality experience)
15 years, no regrets. Ages 22-37.

In retrospect, looking at the last 5-6 years, the dev team have weaned me off FFXI, and I'm thankful for that. I wasn't ever able to quit cold turkey during the HNM days because the game had too much hold over me, and was far more competitive than it is today. That kept me hooked and invested. Always trying to dominate/compete with the best because I am a competitive person. The past few years have allowed me to slowly regain control of my RL. Its in a lot better shape today than it was pre-abyssea. So the quitting part doesn't feel like a shock to my system. Having a job that sends me to the US once-twice every 3 months for 2-3 weeks at a time also means I wouldn't have remained relevant even if I tried to.

I'll still troll these forums and threads, Politics and Religion heavy participation not likely. So don't worry :)

Special thank you to phuoc and danielot and tarthar for making the last years of FFXI a great experience for me. Stay in touch muchachos.

All good things must come to an end.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-28 08:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Fabiano
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-10-28 08:06:35
Link | Citer | R

thats why i saw a shout of someone selling all your hq su3 gear

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Odinz 2017-10-28 08:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
stopped playing after MNK patch. Unsubscribed in Sept. Today I gave primex away for someone else to enjoy. Gave them my lua's, taught them how to load my macros from server. If you see a bad *** Elvaan decked out in nothing but HQ, be nice. Won't say who they were, but they were easily one of the best players in this game's history.

So 100% done with FFXI. I have no means of coming back even if I ever wanted to. Regardless of where the game is at now, it has been and probably will remain the best game I have ever experienced. (Maybe FFXVI or FFXVII will be a virtual reality experience)

In retrospect, looking at the last 5-6 years, the dev team have weaned me off FFXI, and I'm thankful for that. I wasn't ever able to quit cold turkey during the HNM days because the game had too much hold over me, and was far more competitive than it is today. That kept me hooked and invested. Always trying to dominate/compete with the best because I am a competitive person. The past few years have allowed me to slowly regain control of my RL. Its in a lot better shape today than it was pre-abyssea. So the quitting part doesn't feel like a shock to my system. Having a job that sends me to the US once-twice every 3 months for 2-3 weeks at a time also means I wouldn't have remained relevant even if I tried to.

I'll still troll these forums and threads, Politics and Religion heavy participation not likely. So don't worry :)

Special thank you to phuoc and danielot and tarthar for making the last years of FFXI a great experience for me. Stay in touch muchachos.

sad day.
Gl to you prime. Thanks for all the luas and help with war and drk.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By maldini 2017-10-28 08:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Give a dude a heads up next time. I need to sell all my stock and real estate in china asap because their economy is about to take a huge dive!
P R I M E Q U I T F F X I. There should sirens going off across mainland china!

gl in real life dude. You did things your own way and didn't give a *** what people said. Plenty of gil buyers out there, but none of them had your skill or tenacity.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-28 10:01:27
Link | Citer | R

MNK downdate did it for me too. But then I was coaxed back to help with more Aeonic rounds and whateverthefck iDynamis is. I didn't miss it the month I was gone. I can't say I enjoy it now.

G'luck PrimeX. Chatting on these forums is more fun than the game now. :)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-10-28 15:46:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Chatting on these forums is more fun than the game now. :)
I only stuck around this long because of the fun on discord with dani and phuoc. Those spaniards have a funny way of pronouncing everything.
Poop-it-master.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-10-28 17:01:54
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »
Plenty of gil buyers out there

so true
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-10-28 17:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Poop-it-master.

Don't doxx me ***
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-28 17:58:31
Link | Citer | R

iDynamis Zvahl? I'd be down with that. Castle Zvahl has some of the coolest zones in the game, but the whole thing has been sorely underutilized.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-10-28 19:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

iDynamis Zvahl? I'd be down with that. Castle Zvahl has some of the coolest zones in the game, but the whole thing has been sorely underutilized.

I recall reading a while ago the whole zone was meant to evoke traditional RPG final boss castle experience with a long and scary climb up.

I thought it was fantastic as well.

Not sure if it'll ever get reused in ilvl content, but if there's any premade zone that they could reuse, outside of the limbus zones, I'd rank that very high on the list.
[+]
By Justuas 2017-11-01 04:24:36
Link | Citer | R

No word about reforged relic +2/+3
By Pantafernando 2017-11-01 06:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Announcing the November Version Update (11/01/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for Friday, November 10.

Quote:
November Version Update Table

Well met, adventurers! Matsui here with your monthly rundown.

November is the eleventh month of the year—a predictably auspicious time for FINAL FANTASY XI. This month we’ve got a new type of battle content to unveil that we’ve been working on since last year!

The title of this content is Dynamis-Dread. This all-new type of Dynamis content requires a keen eye toward strategy, and we expect the more battle savvy among you will have a lot to sink your teeth into. The first foray into this brand-new Dynamis takes place in San d’Oria, and while the environment will be familiar, battles play out completely differently. There are new gimmicks, new spoils, and so much more. As alluded to above, this is only the first of several that we have planned, and we promise to keep creating even more challenging content to keep you on your toes!

For Ambuscade, we’ve whipped up a dvergr kerfuffle that you might want to “read” up on before you step inside. So pull up a chair, get on your glasses, find the closest thing that could potentially function as a bookmark and start cracking open (cracking apart?) some tomes! Meanwhile, this month’s Expert Ambuscade features a return of the popular poroggo battle, so get ready to hop to it!

We’ve also got a quality-of-life adjustment for the escutcheon questline planned, making it possible to select either the crystal or the material when using the Synthesis Focuser II. This adjustment came about thanks to your earnest feedback on the forums, and we would like to thank you, as always, for your wonderful suggestions.

Below is the usual list of what to expect in November. As always, last-minute issues may arise that cause us to put some of these on the back burner for now, but we’re doing our best to make sure as much makes it into November as possible.

Content and System-related
Dynamis-Divergence
・Add new maps
・Create new monsters
・Create new events
・Create new reward items
・Create new NPCs
・Create new BGMs
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
Alter ego
・Add new alter ego
Porter Moogle
・Add to the list of supported items
Escutcheons
・Adjust selection during craftchain
Title
・Add new titles

Item-related
Item
・Add new items

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-01 08:22:41
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Thought everyone hated this?

Oh this is going to be funny, especially since he's going to be immune to gravity this time. Wonder if he'll still do the bazillion damage multiplied by number of buffs to everyone nearby.
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 201 202 203