Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2015-03-11 09:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Dev tracker is a kind of feed in Official Forum that highlight (in the left side bar) posts from development team to players demands, questions and sugestion. Given that those answers are given by someone who effectively works with the deveopment of this game, they can be considered as official and true.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php

The japanese side of OF has its own dev tracker, that normally is way more active and detailed than english side. If someone feel like translating it to bring the info, feel welcomed too.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/search.php?searchid=15480698

BG site has one specific topic just to publish and discuss those official answers, and i think ffxiah lacks something similar as not everyone here check BG or OF, so lots of details/dev opinion are missed. So, thats the point of this topic, anyone who see new info in dev tracker feeds, quote it here, and start a discussion if you feel like.

Starting now, a couple of new dev posts were released after march update annoucement. Here they are:

Trust changes
Quote:
[dev1261] Alter Ego Adjustments
It will be possible to summon alter egos in the following content.
Walk of Echoes
Wanted battles
It will be possible to summon alter egos in the following mission battlefields.
Wings of the Goddess missions
When Wills Collide / Maiden of the Dusk
It will be possible to summon alter egos for the following quest battlefields.
Wings of the Goddess quests
Champion of the Dawn / The Dawn Also Rises / A Forbidden Reunion
-----

Dev answer to a sugestion to add new ways to obtain dusk type of alluvion skirmish stone.
Quote:
Since dusk-type stones were just implemented, we'd like players to do alluvion skirmishes to obtain them, so there are no plans to add the ability to trade other items for these stones at the moment.

However, we'll look into increasing the amount in circulation and the means of obtaining them in some way in a future version update.

Monster rearing news:
Quote:
[dev1262] Mog Garden Adjustments
Monster Rearing will undergo the following adjustments.
A monster's mood will no longer degrade from "beaming with pure contentment" after collecting items or interacting with the monster.
The collective moods of all creatures will generate auras of light or darkness that affects them all.
Light
When the number of creatures beaming with pure contentment is greater than that succumbing to darkness, all creatures’ contentment and mood are increased.
Darkness
When the number of creatures succumbing to darkness is greater than that beaming with pure contentment, all monsters' contentment and mood are decreased.
The following information will be displayed when entering your Mog Garden.
The number of days left on assistants’ contracts.
The current affinity of the Mog Garden.
Mog garden gathering points will undergo the following adjustments.
It will be possible to scrap any unwanted flotsam directly without receiving it in cases where the player’s inventory is full or he is otherwise unable to recover it.

Sugestion about blu traits having aditional tier info.
Quote:
This is something that is difficult for us to address at the moment as we would have to send data each time you open the menu to see which tier you currently have. We're concerned about this largely affecting UI response time.

Similarly the same holds true for saving the data client-side as well. Since all of the trait data for this would have to be saved, it would consume large amounts of memory, which also makes this feature difficult to implement.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-11 09:19:40
Link | Citer | R

So, basically, prepare for woe becoming the mess that is wildeskeeper reive (with regard to the trusts inside woe), but given the colors that woe has (i supose requires more processing to make those shiny lights) prepare for a massive lag every fight.

But now, against mobs that will kill you over and over.

It will painful those brd trusts...
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-11 09:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
prepare for a massive lag every fight.

/hidetrust on
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-12 14:54:19
Link | Citer | R

About people not receiving 2x bayld in current campaign.

Quote:
The development team has confirmed an issue where players are not receiving bonus bayld in reives other than Wildskeeper Reives. They are reviewing the current state of the campaign and making necessary adjustments for future campaigns.

Due to preexisting schedules, the dev. team won’t be able to address this issue before the bonus bayld campaign ends, but they are planning to have this issue addressed by the next campaign.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and ask that you wait patiently for the next bonus bayld campaign.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-12 14:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Important post about snapshot cap from jp dev tracker. Gonna put in translate once i get out of safari.

Quote:
こんにちは。

仰るとおり、スナップショットの上限を皆さんが調べるのは簡単ではないと思いますので、
開発チームに確認してきました。

[スナップショットの上限は、魔法/アビリティ/装備特典など、すべての要素を合算して70が上限です。
狩人の特性「ラピッドショット」は、スナップショットの上限とは別に計算されます。
とのことでした。]

この数値を基準に最適な装備の組み合わせを探していただければ幸いです。
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-12 15:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Running it through Google Translate, it's basically saying the cap on Snapshot is 70% (between JAs, gear, and magic), and that Rapid Shot is separate from that.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-13 03:56:45
Link | Citer | R

This topic is bombastic, lets the rage flow:

Quote:
Hail, adventurers! Matsui here with an update for you.

I would like to inform you that, based on your feedback, we have begun to consider balance adjustments for melee jobs, specifically the thief and samurai, in the March version update.

We are currently looking at adjusting balance in the following two ways:

The addition of a new spell known as “Ardor”
The adjustment of certain dagger weapon skills
I would like to share with you the thought process behind these adjustments.
The addition of Ardor
In our preview of job adjustments several days prior, we made mention of a new magic spell known as “Ardor.” We elected to add this spell in order to decrease the gaps in damage dealt between the various melee jobs.

As noted in that topic, Ardor increases skillchain damage based on the number of successful melee hits up until the time the weapon skill is activated.

Jobs that often go for long periods of time without using weapon skills will receive stronger bonuses, thereby decreasing the damage gap that currently exists.
The adjustment of certain dagger weapon skills
One topic keeps popping up where we hear players discussing the thief: skillchain damage when using the weapon skills Sneak Attack and Trick Attack

These skills are particularly effective in content such as Wanted battles, where it‘s possible for thieves to accumulate TP in advance and when combat ends in a short period of time, but we believe that this is one of the job’s strengths.

Not all content enables players to accumulate TP in advance the way Wanted battles do, and other melee classes are competitive with thieves in extended combat scenarios.

As such, we wish to avoid adjusting Sneak Attack and Trick Attack, as doing so would be tantamount to destroying part of the thief job’s identity.

However, in its current state thief damage output is on par with or even surpasses that of other melee jobs even in long duration combat, and upon looking at melee jobs as a whole, we cannot deny that thieves are located at the top of the charts in a wide variety of content.

Ardor has an incredibly strong synergy with thieves, who autoattack quite frequently, and thus we expect that their skillchain damage would increase to numbers even higher than they currently are. As such, we believe it necessary to somewhat reduce the potency or certain dagger weaponskills in order to maintain balance with other jobs.

We are currently considering adjusting the following four weaponskills.

Shark Bite
Mercy Stroke
Mandalic Stab
Rudra’s Storm
These adjustments are meant to normalize damage between melee jobs, and there are some adjustments that can be viewed as nerfs when taken on the individual job level, so we wished to communicate these details to you in advance as we continue to thoroughly discuss this matter.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-13 03:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Yes, the coming of rudra nerf some wanted for so long.

Glad that i took a break.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-13 04:29:22
Link | Citer | R

i see they managed to sneak in samurai in there as well, maybe now i can play my other DDs without feeling like a gimp piece of ***
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-13 04:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Didn't have to nerf Mercy and Shark bite, they weren't that strong compared to Rudra and Mandalic Stab.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-03-13 04:54:46
Link | Citer | R

honestly as long is its just the damage at 2k/3k tp, it should mainly affect thf. but yeah i like the mind set of 'lets nerf the ws and hurt all dagger users and leave ta/sa alone so we dont hurt theifs...even though the point is to nerf theifs....
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-03-13 05:12:48
Link | Citer | R

They should simply undo all the crap they've implemented rather than making patch up work like this. Ardor is yet another thing for mages to cast, did they say what the job requirements are to use it?

Funny they mention sam, but don't appear to have nerfed it, just given it less of a buff compared to other 2 handers?
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-13 05:20:09
Link | Citer | R

So hit me if i'm wrong, but i can now say goodbye to my 3K TP RUDRA + Climatic @ 30K dmg as DNC ?

Hope no...
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-13 05:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »
So hit me if i'm wrong, but i can now say goodbye to my 3K TP RUDRA + Climatic @ 30K dmg as DNC ?

Hope no...
Gonna depend on how good Ardor is going to be, without Ardor then yes the damage is going to be significantly reduced, with ardor you are going to be building the ardor bonus very high saving TP to 3000% so it might make up the difference.

Of course ardor being a magic spell means DNC is very likely like 99% sure not going to have it, so who will have it? In the end, just a big nerf.
 Ragnarok.Jiing
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: F0urty2
By Ragnarok.Jiing 2015-03-13 06:35:40
Link | Citer | R

say good bye to the damage yes,as Ardor will increase skillchain damage,not weaponskill.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-13 07:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Tbh, this was totally expected for Rudra, so no surprise there. You can even say they were even too slow about taking action (but can also argue that they shouldn't have bumped RS that much to begin with).

About the damage gap; although Ardor appears to decrease the gap between SAM and the rest, it doesn't change their frequency of dishing out skillchains and I believe they should just nerf skillchain damage in some way.

One idea I came up with is that they can introduce a status effect that is inflicted on the mob when hit by a skillchain so that the next skillchain damage on it gets weaker. The effect would stack and make the damage weaker each time until a cap, then next SC would reset it.

This also applies to unrealistic spike damages, not only the ws frequency of a SAM. Honestly, I don't think SE expected a VD avatar to die in a few RS > RS skillchains...

That should still let SAMs to keep their skillchain mastery, which SE is too afraid to touch in any negative way, and decrease the gap even further.

Additionally, they can give 2 handers a new job trait, let's call it Synergy, that increases WS damage depending on the number of people in their party. It can be in tiers and they can leave SAM out of the last one or two tiers. Maybe that would help other 2 handers in getting into parties unless there is very specific gimmicks in the fight that favors one job over all others.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Serveur: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-13 07:15:27
Link | Citer | R

If they gave us ardor (and ardor is at least half as good as they're making it out to be) and left rudras as it is, it would be horribly OP instead of just OP.

It all depends on how severe the nerf is. If the fTP anchor points went from 6/15/19.5 down to 4/10/13 Your 30k rudras will do 20k instead, with a (potentially big) SC DMG bonus if you bring a RDM, possibly ending in the same overall dmg you have now.

The dev comment made it sound like they see no problem with things as they are now, but with ardor coming they have to adjust things or rudras will be horribly OP. I don't think they'll nerf rudras down to 1.5/4/6 like some people seem to have been screaming for.

I'm happy rdm is becoming even more relevent
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-13 07:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
If they gave us ardor (and ardor is at least half as good as they're making it out to be) and left rudras as it is, it would be horribly OP instead of just OP.

It all depends on how severe the nerf is. If the fTP anchor points went from 6/15/19.5 down to 4/10/13 Your 30k rudras will do 20k instead, with a (potentially big) SC DMG bonus if you bring a RDM, possibly ending in the same overall dmg you have now.

The dev comment made it sound like they see no problem with things as they are now, but with ardor coming they have to adjust things or rudras will be horribly OP. I don't think they'll nerf rudras down to 1.5/4/6 like some people seem to have been screaming for.

If that's the case might as well not give us ardor which is suppose to help theif dancers and not warriors drk knights which needed the help.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-13 07:50:01
Link | Citer | R

This is a far cry from the 2 hander adjustment they said they would look into. If anything this is a buff to non dagger dual wielders/hth. It also allows SE to nerf and buff thf/dnc at the same time, yet giving us the rudras nerf that so many have been clamoring for. It will take some of the sting out of the nerf, allowing you to still get those massive SCs if you're willing to put a little more time/effort into setting them up.

Of course thats only if they play it out that way. Perhaps Thfs 15 minutes are up.

Either way, I'd have preferred not having ardor/rudras adjustments and getting the 2 hander adjustments now instead.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-03-13 08:00:49
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Serveur: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-03-13 08:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Good thing I saved all the extra Cards of Ardor that I got back in day. Maybe I can upgrade the spell...
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-13 08:37:14
Link | Citer | R

They might not even touch the 1000TP anchor.
Just adjusting the 2k and 3k points... Or even just the 3k point.
I'm a little sad to see Mandalic Stab be nerfed... Since it is basically a pre-update Rudra's...
But I guess all them Vajras makes SE worry? (Though isn't that kinda the point to going through the Mythic process?)
Shark Bite and Mercy Stroke are weird on that list.

I'm just glad they didn't decide DNC would be too much.

All in all, they're probably just gonna bring Rudra's down to Fudo level (since Fudo isn't getting a nerf or SAM at all).
Would also have been nice to know if Ardor stacks with that WAR JA that does the same thing... Restraint? Idr.
If so, boon for WAR, if not: bluh.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-13 08:46:02
Link | Citer | R

only one that needs adjustment is rudra

also restraint raises WS damage, not SC damage.
By Highwynd 2015-03-13 08:48:24
Link | Citer | R

Who thought a D108 dagger's unstacked weapon skill at 1000TP should do as much, or more, than a D280 damage Polearm/Scythe/Great Axe? I'm fine with Rudra doing 8-10k at 2000 or 3000 but at 1000? That's Stardiver/Resolution/Entropy/Upheaval/ territory...or cdc with luck from crits. Seeing a THF attack faster than my mythic drg and matching my stardivers with their rudras was crazy. And when they stacked their rudra twice a min for 35k-45k completely made for any slight white damage edge I had over them. SE needs to reward long skillchains and make higher tp=higher damage. 1000TP rudra should be a 4ftp. Make it unattractive to use at 1000% so other ws like mercy stroke and evisceration can get some use. Rudra should be a ws that's saved solely for 2000%TP and SA/TA. As it currently is, it's the strongest ws stacked unstacked and virtually all tp levels. My brd's rudras one shots 115 mobs and actually solos JP faster than my BLU, DRG, and DRK. It's pathetic. Dropping 14k rudras on 130 gramk droog at 1400TP brd/whm single wielding. Sigh.
By Chyula 2015-03-13 09:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Lets hope ardor is a spell for drk/blm and force ppl to bring a drk or blm to every party.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-13 09:11:55
Link | Citer | R

wish theyd let rdm cast temper on party members along with Ardor. :D
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-13 09:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »

Hope no...

We're still going to have Evis and Ternary > PK. It won't be AS good, but losing Rudra's is far less of a hit to DNC than THF.

EDIT: Striking Flourish now lines up directly with Reverse and 119 Charis Body will likely be worth WSing in, so DNC might break even-ish.
 Valefor.Slore
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2015-03-13 09:27:53
Link | Citer | R

So nerf one job to make another less useful job better? I see the logic
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-13 09:38:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slore said: »

So nerf one job to make another less useful job better? I see the logic

This could be a non-sarcastic comment, stating the obvious. It could be, maybe.
First Page 2 ... 201 202 203