First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 201 202 203
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-28 17:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
It's not Dark, Lux wards do nothing. Other elements could be tested, but I'm lazy and forgetful.

Does Lux reduce dark breath damage?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-28 17:27:31
Link | Citer | R

yes
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-01-31 17:50:34
Link | Citer | R

Credits to Kincard on BG to translate this:

Quote:
Combat Balance (2017/1/31)

We would like to explain our plans for adjusting combat balance moving forward.

First, as we informed you some time back, we plan on adjusting enfeebling magic, songs, and geomancy due to an imbalance between them. We wish to try our best to equalize these options. In this regard, Geomancy was displaying certain unintended effects, so we plan on lowering it to the intended value.

Of course, that will affect the tactics used by players, which largely center around Geomancy at the moment, so players may ask if certain monsters will become impossible from this adjustment. We are closely monitoring this balance, and in the next version update, we will be adjusting monsters and lowering certain stats. Both attack and defense will be considered in these adjustments, so after applying the adjusted buffs or debuffs, we don’t believe the situation will change much from where it is right now.

As for the spells “Frazzle” and “Distract”, we plan on increasing the duration of their effects to 5 minutes, and increasing the base potency of "Frazzle III" and "Distract III". With this adjustment, even when half-resisted, it is possible it will result in a duration longer than what an unresisted spell will currently do (The potency is not affected even during half or quarter resists).

Monsters will have reduced magic evasion as well, and we will try not to add too many monsters in the future with high darkness resistance (though we won’t say there won’t be any darkness-aligned monsters at all). This also applies to the new “Ambuscade” content in February, so we hope players try it out there.

Quote:
Hello, Fujito here. I feel I also need to explain a bit regarding Geomancy.

What happened to Geomancy spells?

In the past, we had publicized a list of specific numbers for the effects of Geomancy spells. These numbers had had some adjustments since it was first posted, but the list is currently up-to-date for most of the spells.

The exceptions here are spells related to magic accuracy and evasion. The listed values in the post are correct, but when calculating the effects of the spells in-game, we discovered that they were larger than intended due to an error in how the values were calculated.

This magnification of the spell effects would not be highly noticeable during normal use, but when combined with Geomancy abilities and equipment, this difference would be multiplied, causing a large increase from the intended effect.

In essence, our adjustments to Geomancy are intended as a bug fix.

The above issues should have been something we discovered when we first implemented Geomancy. We are deeply apologetic to the players that we have delayed for so long in recognizing this.

The Adjustment Plan

Of course, adjusting it now raises the concern that enemies will become too strong, so naturally we will also be adjusting monsters. Specifically, since magic accuracy/evasion was the issue, these stats will be adjusted, as well as related parameters (combat skills/resistance values etc). In short, monsters will become less resistant overall.

This adjustment will be applied to all areas and monsters that were added since the introduction of Geomancy in the expansion “Seekers of Adoulin”.

This will also affect other support jobs, and we are also proceeding with adjustments to a Red Mage’s enfeebling spells as well as Bard’s song effects. We are planning a more detailed explanation in the future, so we hope you stay tuned.

For now, we have explained why we are adjusting Geomancy and its related effects. We apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Personal note: Our LS knew that Geomancy MACC boosts were far more potent than an equal amount of MACC in Gear. However tests are difficult and people mostly thought it was superstition. Now it's "I told you so" time.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-31 17:54:43
Link | Citer | R

RIP Vinipata stun lock.

Edit: Nevermind, maybe not.
Quote:
Monsters will have reduced magic evasion as well
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-31 17:59:42
Link | Citer | R

I would still label it superstition unless you have some actual data. Their response is nebulous. It's not clear as to how the 'bug' functions. Their last post on magic accuracy skill indicated that you only receive half the value compared to magic accuracy gear, but was nearly immediately contradicted by player testing (which I actually trust more.)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-01-31 18:07:04
Link | Citer | R

One of the JP players that does a bit of testing on various things has some data from a while back if you don't mind trying to figure out the text.

Top two posts are the ones about focus/langour.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/cat_1309055.html

He also had some stuff about sub geo focus but I'm not sure where that's at, it's not part of his geo grouping.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-31 18:09:08
Link | Citer | R

"We're sorry for missing something for so long that has been central to most of your endgame tactics.

We're going to nerf this tactic, slightly adjust monster values and force you to shoehorn Red Mage into your composition for Frazzle III.

Please look forward to it.

P.S. We're totally going to add enemies that'll resist the ***out of Frazzle III."

Good ol' SE.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-31 19:05:11
Link | Citer | R

This would perhaps explain why Bard Threnodies appeared to pale in comparison to GEO +macc/-meva.
 Sylph.Braden
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-31 19:38:06
Link | Citer | R

The real good news is the higher success rate of melee things like Drains and Stuns without Focus/Languor.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-31 19:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Wow so they borked magic evasion with geomancy and just now figured it out after releasing high end content that needed that bug. Just proves they never actually test any of this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-01-31 19:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Woo Violent Flourish will still probably miss!
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-31 19:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Wow so they borked magic evasion with geomancy and just now figured it out after releasing high end content that needed that bug. Just proves they never actually test any of this.
I imagine that the testers are separate people from the programmers that plug in values for magic accuracy and such, so the testers probably just went "oh, the monsters are too easy to land magic on with geo buffs, they probably have low magic evasion", so they asked the programmers to raise it, and the programmers are like "okay, whatever".
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-31 21:18:37
Link | Citer | R

So GEO spells were bugged this entire *** time? God dammit, are you actually *** serious?

*** you SE, incompetent ***. Dumbass *** ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-01-31 21:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Apparently focus is a % buff, lol.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/50561105.html
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-31 21:29:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm with Saevel on this one, this is hardly the first thing they never really understood. If they (anyone they listen to) played the game, they'd catch on to a lot of things that somehow they never have.

I don't keep up the the japanese forum (it's all greek to me..or well, you know) but NA players have been talking about some of this off and on for a long time and SE just ignored it that, for instance, Bard Threnodies do not compare--for their single element--to focus/languor when it's only sensible that Threnody's single debuff should be stronger than GEO's universal one.

The theory was that either magic evasion is not 1:1 to magic resistance or that the stated values of one of the jobs' two spells were flat out wrong.

The sometimes-live videos they do are hilariously bad and you can tell it's not even just being goofy, some of these people are uncomfortable with the game's camera.

---

They may test things in the beginning and maybe with something akin to /check or /checkparam (for the NM enemy) but they seem to have never actually tried the fights. Which is probably how we got content that wanted 2000 accuracy before the nerf.

On an unrelated tangent: It shouldn't be hard for them to emulate NA latency if they really want to know what some things can be like over here.

Sorry for the accidental wall of text.

---

Edit: Not that many of the aeonic NMs were hard (thanks to shared experience from other players like Schah's real hate mechanics), but I would not be surprised if they've never beat some of the tougher ones.

If they had, back then, they would have realized they were bringing mages to nearly all of it (I wonder why).
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-01-31 22:04:26
Link | Citer | R

with those adjustments coming, they should in addition either buff the macc stat gained from crepe foods or introduce new crepes with double+ the current amount they give
[+]
By Calinar 2017-01-31 22:15:31
Link | Citer | R

So, yeah, I'm lawlin pretty hard at how hilarious that post is.

"yeah we screwed up about 3 years ago... um... we don't test a damn thing and completely ignored it for quite a while... but we'll fix it now! #screwtheplayers".

UP next, the blue "bug fix" "please look forward to it!"
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-31 22:27:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Geriond said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
I imagine that the testers are separate people from the programmers that plug in values for magic accuracy and such, so the testers probably just went "oh, the monsters are too easy to land magic on with geo buffs, they probably have low magic evasion", so they asked the programmers to raise it, and the programmers are like "okay, whatever".
I'm pretty sure the extent of modern XI content testing is primarily, if not entirely, devoted to ensuring that the monsters and battle flow function more or less as intended. I doubt there's any sort of real "live fire" testing wherein a group of players are expected to clear the content at hand with realistic (non-godmode) characters. There's no evidence that the devs have anyone on staff, let alone a full group, that plays at a decent level, and there are too many instances of questionable implementation for me to believe that they're actually playing through content prior to release. They're basically throwing content out there and figuring that we'll find some way to beat it, and if that doesn't pan out then they'll deal with it later.

As far as the macc/meva nerfs go, I'm going with cautious optimism for now. If the GEO nerfs and monster nerfs roughly balance each other out (or better yet, are skewed in our favor), then we're no worse off and arguably a bit better off even before any BRD/RDM adjustments.
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-31 22:41:04
Link | Citer | R

^ And really, their testing players should be outfitted with all the best post-Rei gear or even HQ Sky stuff and know all the fight mechanics. There's no reason that reasonably skilled people couldn't take down like Schah before the content ever even launched. IMHO, Vinipata was hardest.

AV2 was only hard because of Benediction unless he managed to charm while wynavs were up (he didn't actually hit hard himself, except maybe during HF/MS).

(One of the FFXI directors said he needed his son's help getting level cap in abyssea era.)

It is an undeniable miracle that this game has some of the best designed jobs of any of the several MMOs I've played. Even common ones like Paladin and Warrior play far better than say... their wow counterparts in Warcraft.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-01-31 22:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting for that blade kamu bug since 2014
By Treizekordero 2017-01-31 23:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Being a GEO and RDM.. can't say I'm mad or happy but I welcome the changes especially if it expands the jobs that can fill the support role.

I hope this fix and adjustments pan out in our favour and GEO/BRD/RDM will all benefit and be come more useful.

I just get a bad feeling this might end the days of 99999 MBs from BLMs and SCHs.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-31 23:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
It is an undeniable miracle that this game has some of the best designed jobs of any of the several MMOs I've played. Even common ones like Paladin and Warrior play far better than say... their wow counterparts in Warcraft.

That's what makes this so sad. With a little input from the community and some general purpose experience they could really make things fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-31 23:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Treizekordero said: »
I just get a bad feeling this might end the days of 99999 MBs from BLMs and SCHs.
That's... quite the leap of logic you've made there.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-31 23:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Treizekordero said: »

I don't think so. Basically this bug existed since Delve 1 and they designed content afterward just assuming we somehow could make the macc check. They just mentioned they will be lowering the magic evasion on content to compensate for the bug fix. Essentially nothing should change except BRD and RDM become more useful. Of course nothing can replace frailty and malaise right now. There needs to be more ways to enhance damage.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-01 02:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
The theory was that either magic evasion is not 1:1 to magic resistance or that the stated values of one of the jobs' two spells were flat out wrong.
I've been involved in several discussions concerning Frazzle, Languor and Threnodies values.
Among the ongoing theory we players formulated, most of us kinda agreed that there was hardly a 1:1 correspondance between Eleresistance- and Meva-

Now this "bug" opens up new scenarios, but alone doesn't explain the huge difference there is practics between eleresistance- use and meva- use.

Let's take for instance the example of Threnodies vs Frazzle.
Frazzle isn't affected by the mentioned "GEO multiplication bug", and YET it still shows that values are not 1:1

My theory about it is that there's still something fishy about eleresistance- vs meva-, and that this difference was made furtherly more evident by the "GEO multiplication bug".
We'll see how things will change after next patch.
What we know is:

1) Frazzle will be buffed
2) Threnodies will be buffed
3) Songs will be furtherly buffed (in this patch or upcoming one) by at least one "song+" new item they said they want to add
4) Languor will be "adjusted"
5) Monster's Meva will be reduced

All these changes mean that it will be easier to land Threnodies (tbf they're not that hard to land if you had focus, but with just languor it was hard on some targets) and that they will provide a more meaningful difference.

This is good! Although it still doesn't change the fact that Threnodies can be resisted, can be dispelled and apply to a single element at a time.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-02-01 02:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
An Update Regarding Upcoming Geomancy Adjustments

Hello, everyone.

We'd like to share a recent post from Director Yoji Fujito in regard to the upcoming changes to geomancy that are planned for the next version update.

Quote:
I felt that we should explain a bit more in regard to the adjustments planned for geomancy.

What happened to geomancy?

In the past, we received a request to provide detailed information on each of the geomancy spells.

Here is the information we provided regarding enhancement spells at the time (and was updated in March 2016). (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48503)

Aside from certain spells, these values are used in the calculation in the current version.

Certain spells which weren’t correct were those spells with magic accuracy and magic evasion. While the value itself was correct, we found an issue in the formula which scaled the values. Normally once other properties are calculated, the values are then compensated based on the relative attributes from both the target and the player, moving onto a check to see if the spell lands. However, the values were scaling at this point causing the values to be of those much higher than which we had envisioned.

On a normal operation, the scaling is minimal; however, when these values were scaled along with geomancer's abilities and equipment the values were much higher. The values players are currently seeing in-game were caused unintentionally, therefore this falls under a bug fix.

Geomancy spells which affect magic accuracy and magic evasion are the ones which will be fixed to the actual values they should have been.

I would like to sincerely apologize for not being able to detect this bug when these geomancy spells were implemented, as well as for how long it took for us to address the issue.

Adjustments

If we were to adjust only the geomancy spells, it would make enemies which players used the spells on before too strong, therefore we'll also make adjustments to the enemies as well. Since the issue revolved around magic accuracy and magic evasion, we'll lower the related attributes (overall battle related skill, and resistance to each element). Overall magic resistance will be lowered.

These adjustments will be applied to all enemies post the release of Seekers of Adoulin, when geomancer was implemented. So please be careful when checking out the effects.

Additionally, this adjustment goes hand in hand with other support job adjustments. We will adjust the red mage's enfeebling magic and the effects of bard songs. (The monster adjustment I mentioned earlier regarding “overall battle related skills,” so these adjustments will also contribute to this change.)

We ask you to please wait for further update on the details.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
By Pantafernando 2017-02-01 02:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Hello, everyone.

I'd like to share the upcoming adjustment to enfeebling spells planned for the next version update.
Enfeebling magic spells Frazzle and Distract will get an adjustment where the duration of the effects from these spells will be extended to 5 minutes, and the base values will also be increased for Frazzle III and Distract III.
With this adjustment, even if the spell was resisted by half, the effect will last longer than the current if it lands without any resistance. (The effect of enfeebling spell won't decrease even if the spell was resisted by half or quarter.)

At the same time, we're going to decrease enemy magic evasion.
In addition, we'll be sure to not make darkness resistances too high for enemies introduced in future. (That said, it doesn't mean there won't be enemies with high darkness resistance as their characteristics.)

This will also be applied to the upcoming Ambuscade battle content schedule for February, so please be sure to give it a try.
 Bismarck.Phaded
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2017-02-01 02:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
5) Monster's Meva will be reduced

Wondering what this will do for multistep skillchain damage. 99,999 Radiance perhaps? (Doubtful)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-01 02:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Is it just me or the first post seems to be translated with Google Translate lol?
Kincard's translation was much more "readable" than that post lmao

Dunno, english not my mother language after all, just sayin'! XD
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-01 03:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

That's exactly what we thought. Basically when T3 Escha Sky was new we tried out MACC on the Whale.

Have Dunna Focus up: Nuke it no problem
Compensate with +75 MACC in gear: Heavily resist nukes
Compensate with +110 MACC in gear: Still resist

Stuff's been fishy for a long time and everyone refused to believe it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125 126 ... 201 202 203