Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 110 111 112
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-10 00:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Yes. You get an additional weapon skill damage bonus while the guy is alive. Pretty huge
By Xaander 2019-10-10 00:57:26
Link | Citer | R

Even if it is just applied to the first hit, I'll gladly take it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 00:59:26
Link | Citer | R

I mean of course. Any boost is a good boost. (except boost...)

I better see some regoddamndiculous 60k level one rabbit kill screenshots.
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2019-10-10 01:02:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused on how the new job trait effects alter egos
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 01:04:13
Link | Citer | R

I'll be annoyed if it's first hit only. Camlann's sucks less and Gungnir got thrown a bone.

Wooooo.

Asura.Okhryeny said: »
I'm confused on how the new job trait effects alter egos
Some alter ego's have dragoon as their job. They now have this trait.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-10 01:10:47
Link | Citer | R

Even if it’s first hit only, doesn’t that still really bump up shining one? Now I’m debating if r15 trish is even worth finishing
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 01:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Even if it’s first hit only, doesn’t that still really bump up shining one? Now I’m debating if r15 trish is even worth finishing
Yeah, but having what is supposed to be a catch up weapon shitting on all REAMD options is feels bad.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 01:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Geirskogul

I did some texas 'murica math real quick and my prediction is:
It makes Rhongomiant and Gungnir better but not meta.

R15 Geirskogul pre-update is pretty far behind R15 Drakes or R15 SD right now in total DPS. I don't expect 21% WSD to entirely change the game. It will close the gap somewhat, but by no means will it be "meta".

TP Bonus and huge amounts of STP / MultiAttack that Trish and Ryu are out front by a lot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 01:50:50
Link | Citer | R

It's 100% first hit-only. Will post rest of results soon.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 01:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's gear WSD. RIP Trishula and Ryunohige. GG SE.

Small sample size is saying Max level wyvern is providing an additional 10%, dunno if gear or standalone yetalso gearUnsure again.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 02:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Dont play drg just been thinking about starting it up. Does this new update just making Shining one the best DPS weapon for drg now?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 02:20:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Yeah, it's gear WSD. RIP Trishula and Ryunohige. GG SE.

Small sample size is saying Max level wyvern is providing an additional 10%, dunno if gear or standalone yetalso gear.

Not so much. Stardiver with Trishula has raised the WS baseline by a good margin. If pDIF capped, you can literally sit at 50k WS avg. My min was 46k, max 72k and avg 49k.

I only noticed about 6k extra damage added from my previous R15 Gungnir set. You could argue this is good, but the Stardiver still has a higher WS avg, a better weapon, and is overall a much stronger weaponskill.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 02:22:55
Link | Citer | R

I am amazed that even with all that extra WSD for first hit (31%?) that Stardiver is still that much ahead ;o
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 02:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Not so much. Stardiver with Trishula has raised the WS baseline by a good margin. If pDIF capped, you can literally sit at 50k WS avg. My min was 46k, max 72k and avg 49k.

I dont believe this at all. It's probably out of context. There is no way for such high numbers in normal scenario. I bet this is from some zerg with SV STR songs, Warcry from WAR, escha buffs or dynamis wave 1-2 with mobs taking 50% more damage.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-10 02:41:35
Link | Citer | R

For comparison's sake, can we see some damage screenshots and what buffs you had when you WS'd?
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 02:41:48
Link | Citer | R

My min was 46k, max 72k and avg 49k.
what Total TP were you firing at if I may ask?
 Bahamut.Hismena
By Bahamut.Hismena 2019-10-10 02:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Can only vouch that songs were HM VM Minx2 (+9).
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 02:47:48
Link | Citer | R

TFW first hits don't miss when you actually want them to.

Got a weird result, which would imply that the wyvern bonus is additive with gear WSD, but individually applies to all hits???
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 02:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
For comparison's sake, can we see some damage screenshots and what buffs you had when you WS'd?

pDIF cap, max http://fTP. Similar results when WSing at 1250 TP with Trishula's 500 TP Bonus and Moonshade.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 02:55:15
Link | Citer | R

So you were firing at 3k before? also what target. If you were spamming at 1k then DRG should be by far the best DPS in the game(unless target was piercing weak). If you were firing at 3k that makes sense. But that isnt particularly great since war could average around 60k during blood rage holding to 3k on startdiver on non peircing weak mobs.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 02:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, 3k TP vs 2k TP is an important distinction.

Also seeing gear and buffs.

As is what mob (bats vs crabs for instance.)

Also where are the non Stardiver WSs falling in line with the various WS % increases?
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:00:57
Link | Citer | R

I am particularly interested in seeing where shining one impulse is ending up?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 03:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Yeah, 3k TP vs 2k TP is an important distinction.

Also seeing gear and buffs.

As is what mob (bats vs crabs for instance.)

Also where are the non Stardiver WSs falling in line with the various WS % increases?

This is not particularly true.

Your stardiver should always be at least 1.25 fTP considering Trishula has 500 TP bonus and you get 250 from the earring. In normal DPS scenarios you overflow to 3k very often because of your jumps. Remember, you only need 2250 to hit 1.75 http://FTP. You will never be spamming at the first tier of http://fTP.

So if you're fully attack / pdif capped, your buffs are irrelevant. Your WS will do as much as it possibly can baseline. The only modifiers past that will be multi-attack. That's why you have an atk cap / non-attack cap sets. Min / max / avg are great stats to track because min is usually you missed attack rounds, max is you multi-attacked, avg is your standard round.

I always test on apex bats with geo (idris), cor (regal), brd (max) to ensure I'm capped out in every possible way to understand the maximum theoretical damage of the weaponskill. It cannot get better than this damage.
By Aerix 2019-10-10 03:21:38
Link | Citer | R

But have you tested Impulse Drive? Unlike Gungnir it actually benefits a lot from jump overflow.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:24:14
Link | Citer | R

I always test on apex bats with geo (idris), cor (regal), brd (max) to ensure I'm capped out in every possible way to understand the maximum theoretical damage of the weaponskill. It cannot get better than this damage.
except with MA proccs. fighters roll is one but on drg that might not be a good option.

Testing on bats I actually have to say these are much lower numbers than I hoped for. Guess ill stick to starting out RDM. MA procs can change your max dmg quite a bit. and the 95% acc has a tendency to skew results on tests.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 03:29:30
Link | Citer | R

So, this ended up happening. Didn't manage to recreate it, because I managed to not miss the first hit of Impulse Drive again for two hours straight.

I'll do more testing tomorrow unless anyone else get's something conclusive.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 03:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
except with MA proccs.

Testing on bats I actually have to say these are much lower numbers than I hoped for. Guess ill stick to starting out RDM. MA procs can change your max dmg quite a bit. and the 95% acc has a tendency to skew results on tests.

This is still great for Trishula and Stardiver. This is like a 10~12k higher avg than my last test at just R15, same specs.

Aerix said: »
But have you tested Impulse Drive? Unlike Gungnir it actually benefits a lot from jump overflow.
My results were poor, but my set was not optimal. I had a 68k avg @ 3k, 48k @ 2k, and like 21k at 1k. TP gain is slow and overall DPS was the weapon is low for me. I can't see any way that changing my build will drastically increase DPS. I just think it's a way better SAM weapon.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 03:35:41
Link | Citer | R

i was hoping to see something like 40k stardiver average spammed as fast as possible against non piercing weak mobs. But with it just being WSD i didnt think that would happen unless outside WS modifier. On impulse I was thinking something like 50-60k average fired at 2k effective TP.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 03:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
i was hoping to see something like 40k stardiver average spammed as fast as possible against non piercing weak mobs. But with it just being WSD i didnt think that would happen unless outside WS modifier. On impulse I was thinking something like 50k average fired at 2k effective TP.

This is a pretty large baseline buff to DRG. Probably the best we've seen for a while.

I'm making Rhongomiant, I'd like to see where it's at spamming SD and CT. The AM3 + this WSD buff is probably enough to move it out of last place and I'm collecting anyways.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 110 111 112