Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Veikur
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-09-27 10:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely not.
By SimonSes 2019-09-27 10:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Do they even get good shields? lol

Doesnt matter. Shield is there for knight impression :)
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-27 11:29:18
Link | Citer | R

As a more serious question then silly shields :p

Im always a bit perplexed on the delay cap calculation thing.

I understand the max is 80% and each category has its own (based on the BG wiki)cap so you need to mix and match (outside of dual wield and martial arts).

If I am hitting the 25% cap for gear haste, the magic cap from haste II + double march (yay trusts) of 43.75, and i have job haste from the wyvern of 10% and /nin DW of 25%.

My understanding is the formula will be something like

(1 - .25 Dual Wield)×(1024 - 256 Equipment Haste - 448 Magic Haste - 102 Job Ability Haste) = 164/1024 (Around 16%) which means I am capped, yes?
By SimonSes 2019-09-27 12:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Yes, like I said you are capped with cap on magic/gear haste and with wyvern up. Both with /nin and /dnc. With /nin you can drop 5% haste in gear and still be capped. With /dnc you can use single wield weapon and be capped with haste samba on top of everything else.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-27 14:06:40
Link | Citer | R

I chose /nin mostly for the ability to drop a bit of haste gear, and since i do want to dual wield the 119 joyeuse offhand lol.

That said, I just wanted to make sure my math was right!

Honestly though, given the lack of offhand stat sticks, /war might be better for when i use a sword.

You end up at 78% delay reduction, get berserk/aggressor, you get fencer (i wish we could use blurred shield though) and you get 10% more double attack.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-28 09:38:14
Link | Citer | R

You could do Naegling in main hand and Kaja Sword in offhand. :D
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-28 11:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Now for question part two,

Does anyone have a fairly simple gearswap they can point me in the direction of?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-09-28 13:04:25
Link | Citer | R

The bottom three are the least complex.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-28 14:09:11
Link | Citer | R

<3 now to learn to use gearswap.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 02:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Dragoons are seeing adjustments that help their wyverns survive, as well as the addition of some new job traits.
Quote:
・Add new job traits
・Add new job abilities
・Add new feature that increases player’s weaponskill damage when wyvern levels up
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Worth noting that this is actually the first actual "Attacking" job update. Melee RDM got a large upgrade. It's not out of the question to get actual melee adjustments. Unlikely, but not impossible.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-03 02:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Oh ***. Hot damn, that last bit is nice, as long as it isnt gear WSDMG.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 02:56:42
Link | Citer | R

I mean what's the easiest thing to do, a straight +2% WSD per level up is pretty much guaranteed. Maybe even 4% depending on how bad a spot they think DRG is in. Pretty much DRG overwhelm.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-03 03:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Shining One becomes even better than it already is, Rhonhomiant sees a marginal buff, and Gungnir is less mediocre in that case.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-03 03:37:48
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see adjustments to level out Rhongiomant to give me a reason to make it. If their WSD properties are substantial enough, it would certainly move things around a little bit.

The top end of Camlann's and Geirskogul are rough right now. Being single-hit WS, they should be averaging where all the other DD single-hits are, 40k+. You're not getting the ludicrous WS frequency like with Trishula and Ryu.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-10-03 08:38:53
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if it will be a WSD % increase, similar to gear (only working on the first hit) – vs just increasing overall damage for all WSs when wyvern levels up.

Also.. still assuming the new JAs will just be merits becoming standard, like angon and deep breathing

Overall.. this is lightyears more that I expected from them
[+]
By Zeota 2019-10-03 11:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I could see them doing that, like they did with merit spells.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-03 12:08:06
Link | Citer | R

If its normal 1 hit WSD enhancement, shining one impulse drive just keeps looking better.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-03 12:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
The top end of Camlann's and Geirskogul are rough right now.

They really need a fTP boost to be any good. Geirskogul's 'fTP' isn't bad with Gungnir. But Gungnir is a mediocre weapon, so....

Camlann's is bad, but Rhongo itself is great, and the STR from R15 gives Stardiver a little extra oomph that allows it to compete fairly well with Trishula, Shining One, and Ryunohige.

But it requires Chloris to make, so *** that weapon.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-03 13:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Camlann's is bad
100% agree. So disappointing that the "ignores defense" property is so underutilized. If this worked the way it was worded, this WS would be infinitely good in Dynamis.

Asura.Veikur said: »
But it requires Chloris to make, so *** that weapon.
My sentiment exactly.

I feel like at this stage, if the weapon you're using can't spam the augment-enhanced WS, then it's not so great. Ryu's Stardiver is meh, same with Gungnir. The STR would help Rhong quite a bit, but it's not enough to raise it out of last place based on my numbers.

At this point, only R15 I'm missing is Rhong. I'll make it eventually.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-03 13:37:23
Link | Citer | R

The dumb thing about "Ignores defense; amount ignored varies with TP" is they don't have fTP scaling with TP. By the same token, we have weapon skills like Shoha which have fTP scaling with TP AND has a solid 40% attack bonus. The attack bonus is more or less equivalent to ignoring a portion of defense anyway.

For example, 1000 TP Camlann ignores 12.5% of an enemy's defense, which is nowhere near as potent as adding 40% attack to the same hit like in the case of Shoha. It's a shame that weaponskills like Camlann's use TP to increase the defense ignored, while Shoha for example has a 40% attack bonus AND fTP scaling
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 13:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Emphasis on keeping wyvern alive, or around longer to maintain the other buffs you get from having it present. My guess is they give DRG the Stout Servant trait (3) and give them an additional ability to call their wyvern on a reduced timer, weakened, but still usable for their buffs. Something like Deux ex version that PUP has, but possibly shorter recast like 3min with a limited cap on the buffs they would normally get from Call Wyvern. Maybe even a stronger steady wing potency

The whole idea to DRG is to fight with your pet, and you instantly become useless if you happen to die andnot have CW ready. I know people are gonna say STOP LETTING IT DIE, but it's clearly something SE sees an issue with, and perhaps they try to limit the amount of times you are without your wyvern (which is rare, but happens in harder fights). The update notes mentioned wyvern "survival" so not sure they would go with giving you more ways to summon it, now that I read it over again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-03 13:42:40
Link | Citer | R

If you weren't running 2 geo 5 song and four rolls that ignores defense would be absolutely incredible. Ridiculous amounts of support buffs/debuff are the problem.

Very reasonable idea to vary ignored defense..... unless the mob always has zero defense.

It's always kind of amazed me that they just let it go. A mob could have literally one hundred million defense and dia plus frailty drop it right back down to 1.

Also: log in campaign can give you 50 buds. Really no excuses to not make a weapon because of chloris. Yeah it's a couple bucks to max out mules for a month.
By Nariont 2019-10-03 13:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Ive honestly wondered why they didnt just apply armor piercer style tp variance where the def ignored is a flat value and its otherwise a normal dmg varies with tp with proper scaling
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-03 14:33:35
Link | Citer | R

The problem with the wyvern is not the wyvern's durability. The wyvern has more damage resistance than the player does, actually. The issue with the wyvern is, if the player dies, the Wyvern dies with it and then you have to wait 20 min or so for a new one, which severely hampers a DRG much more than say a SAM or WAR, which are back up to full strength after 3 mins.

A while back, the developers mentioned in an interview that they would like DRG to be stronger than the other melee DPS jobs as long as the Wyvern is alive, but weaker than other jobs if the Wyvern is dead. This way, the player has a strong incentive to manage the Wyvern. This was back around when they added the 20% Attack/20% Defense/+10% haste passive when having the Wyvern up. The issue is even with these potent buffs, the Dragoon just lacks the firepower of stronger DPS. So with the wyvern we are average at best, without the wyvern we are near the bottom of the barrel. In this day and age they need to adjust things to fit the faster-paced style of combat. 20 minutes is far too long for the Wyvern, it should be 5-10 minutes at most.

Hell, let use Spirit Link when a Wyvern is not present, and doing so reduces the current Call Wyvern recast by 3 minutes or something. Or, let us use Spirit Surge without a wyvern, and doing so calls the Wyvern out and gives it the original DRG SP2 (Rouse Wyvern) which made the Wyvern take 0 damage from all sources for 60 seconds while doubling all breaths. Or give us new gear that we can wear when we use Call Wyvern that reduces its recast.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-03 14:44:10
Link | Citer | R

They *** DRG over since day 1. The concept originally was specializing in multi-hit weapon skills, having a pet that made up for the lack of self-buffs with decent auto-attacks and added breath damage per weapon skill. At low levels 1-40, this works really well actually. Wyvern breaths add a decent chunk of damage to weapon skills that would have otherwise been added from a Berserk or something. But at higher levels it just flopped to the wayside, as multi hit weapon skills were atrocious against anything 1 level higher than you.

They really should have nipped DRG's weaknesses in the bud like 14 years ago when the game was relevant, but they dragged their feet hard. I remember the day when Spirit Surge was released, the official announcement was something like "Even though we do not feel that Dragoon is a weak job by any means, we understand that they do not have a powerful ability to use during fights, so we are changing their 2 hour to this new skill". It was such a slap in the face because Spirit Surge was such a grab-bag of bonuses. It buffed HP and attack speed and added bonuses to jumps but it wasn't a tide-turner like Mighty Strikes/Hundred Fists. It was kind of a lil bit of everything, but not enough to matter. The only cool thing you could do with Spirit Surge was letting your Wyvern save their TP by only spending TP to kill a mob (so your wyvern's breath would be interrupted). Then you could weapon skill, Spirit Surge ASAP before the Breath went off (adding your wyvern's TP to your own) and use another one immediately. This is probably a lot easier now though since Wyvern Breaths don't consume TP.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-03 15:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
The problem with the wyvern is not the wyvern's durability.

Right, the problem is Charm, Zantesuken, etc. As a DRG, you should only die after the entire group is dead. Considering you have 1 jump that basically drops all enmity, and 1 that definitely drops all anmity.

There are fights were even with a maxed out wyvern DT set, your wyvern is still a damage sponge that will die before you can heal it. Master trials are all pretty much like this based on my experience and makes dragoon a rather poor choice of DD.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you weren't running 2 geo 5 song and four rolls that ignores defense would be absolutely incredible. Ridiculous amounts of support buffs/debuff are the problem.

You're not attack capped on DRG in Wave 3 on NMs and the Boss outside of bolster unless you're rotating bards for extra attack songs and utilizing a dancer for steps, so Camlann's should offer benefit, but it's rather terrible even at 3k and has the opportunity to miss entirely like all other 1-hit weaponskills.

Even in a zero buff scenarios, the ignored defense doesn't out-perform other weaponskills' sheer strength. I've done a lot of testing on this particular topic.

Camlann's is in a bad place.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-03 15:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-03 15:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-03 20:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
so Camlann's should offer benefit, but it's rather terrible even at 3k.
It'd be even worse if it didn't offer the ignore defense aspect. The real problem is, at this point in the game, 3/3.3 fTP is basically worthless.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-04 11:10:07
Link | Citer | R

They should just redo it to a 3.5/4.5/5.5 scaled with TP, and slap on a 50% attack bonus. I dont know Dragoon has no weapon skills at all with inherent attack bonuses. You'd think we'd be piercing through armor and ***. Just f'ing give us traits to make us ignore defense or a JA that makes your next hit/ws/jump ignore defense thx.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 110 111 112