Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 153 154 155
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-23 18:43:36
Link | Citer | R

doji doesn't benefit from a heavy zanshin set as much as other weapons with it's natural tp bonus, a more traditional setup will be slightly less dps but you don't waste nearly as much as of your tp bonus
 Asura.Auburn
Serveur: Asura
user: Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-24 03:12:36
Link | Citer | R

So what set are we looking at for an ideal Zanhasso build? I'm trying to get an idea on how much gil I need to spend to make all of this work.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-03-24 03:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Auburn said: »
So what set are we looking at for an ideal Zanhasso build? I'm trying to get an idea on how much gil I need to spend to make all of this work.
I literally posted it one page back. :)

It's pretty much the same set Austar and Ejiin have posted previously. Credit goes to them.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-24 03:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
I literally posted it one page back. :)

It's pretty much the same set Austar and Ejiin have posted previously. Credit goes to them.
This is what happens when I post at 4AM. Thanks!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-24 07:55:32
Link | Citer | R

with non doji you can use the set jim posted. doji tends to waste the bonus fairly often so better off playing with some results to see what is best.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-24 12:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
with non doji you can use the set jim posted. doji tends to waste the bonus fairly often so better off playing with some results to see what is best.
Yeah, I'll probably stick to Umaru or Ichigohitofuri until I make a masamune one day or finish my ninja aeonic so I can start the great katana. My SAM hasn't been geared since the Acro period, so I havr some catching up to do. I just came back to the game and had been focusing on ninja, but I've been feeling the urge to play samurai.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-24 12:42:58
Link | Citer | R

stick with the ichigo, use the stones on valorous instead of the weapon
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-24 17:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Can someone help a noob like me understand zanhasso build? Is it related to the gift SAM gets?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-24 17:54:54
Link | Citer | R

The gifts give more zanshin, yeah. But the idea is basically more TP gain than a TA but with the damage of a DA, so it mostly translates to overflow for WS damage. I think the discussion started around page 78 or so.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-24 18:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Do WS sets vary much nowadays?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-24 18:43:42
Link | Citer | R

not really. pretty much this with ishvara during the day. wsd + str + attack augs

ItemSet 357519
[+]
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-24 19:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, my phrasing was poor. I meant for other WS like Shoha, Rana, etc.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-24 19:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
not really. pretty much this with ishvara during the day. wsd + str + attack augs

ItemSet 357519

Prosilio belt +1 ftw
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-24 20:01:39
Link | Citer | R

it's worse at capped attack, and negligible when you aren't. inventory -1
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-26 00:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Regarding the ideal Zanhasso set Jim posted on the previous page, would NQ Ryuo legs/feet still be the pieces to go with or would stuff like Flamma Gambieras +2 be better?
By Foxfire 2018-03-26 08:56:42
Link | Citer | R

NQ is fine, AFAIK.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-26 15:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Suspected as much, thanks :)

----

Perhaps a silly question but: Are there any situations where Masa is a must have over Doji?

Reason I ask is because I have locked into Doji being my first aeonic and I have been farming my *** off to get a REM for my SAM. Would having Amano & Doji have more versatility than Masa & Doji? It feels like the latter two kind of serve the same purpose (I know Masa is all about zerg and Doji is all about Radiance-ing) whereas Amano is good to have in those must-have-max-accuracy situations. Or am I totally off base here?

I've spoken to a few people in game who say Amano is pretty much **** but reading through the many posts here it feels like a lot of the top-level SAMs across the servers have a good level of respect for it as a weapon.

tl;dr would having Amano + Doji be more well rounded than Masa + Doji?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-26 15:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Eh, if you have Doji or Masa, Amano may technically be a more "well rounded" alternative for high acc... but realistically, if you need acc that badly that you're willing to give up the massive WS benefits of either Doji or Masa, the bigger issue is probably your buffs/party composition. Not your weapon.

Either of Doji or Masa will provide a healthy boost to your WS damage on a job that is massively weighted toward WS damage. Main difference is Masa is at its best spamming WS, Doji for Radiance or other more controlled SCs with partners or self SCs. But it's not like either one can't perform very well in either of those roles. That's a distinction that's largely for the hardcore SAMs to optimize when playing at the highest level, and while you might choose one or the other if you have both, for the vast majority of situations having both isn't uber-critical.

Though, I mean... if you have committed to Doji and you're dead set on getting one additional SAM RME to go with it, I think most people would pick the Masa over Amano, despite the use cases for Masa/Doji being more of a subtle distinction (and the higher price tag for Masa over Amano). If you're really gung ho for SAM, cool - but to me, if you have a similar level of affection for some other job that's lacking one of its top end RME options, you might give some serious thought about going for that instead if you already have a Doji coming soon for your SAM.
By Foxfire 2018-03-26 16:22:31
Link | Citer | R

I genuinely don't think there's a situation where you "must" have an amano, and if accuracy is a concern, there's alternative methods to getting there (e.g. AF+3 bonuses).

Agree w/ Capuchin for the rest.
By Slycooper 2018-03-26 16:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Current TP set:

ItemSet 357557

I know I need to make hands +3 trying to figure out if anything else should be done. My WS set I am missing a lot from right now.
By Taint 2018-03-26 17:33:48
Link | Citer | R

That’s a solid set.

A zanhasso build is perfect for Masa.

I currently use this unless i need more meva or acc.

ItemSet 354851
[+]
 Odin.Slycooper
Serveur: Odin
user: Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2018-03-26 17:56:19
Link | Citer | R

The triple and quad attack proc with AM from Masa is so much. If I am buffed properly its amazing. I need new earring here or there but I need to focus on my WS set which is trash because I have no luck on NMs
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-26 18:17:01
Link | Citer | R

if your ws set is complete crap, you might get more mileage out of a higher multi set than more zanshin, i haven't looked at the options if your ws set sucks. if you post your ws set it, would help
 Odin.Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2018-03-26 18:34:14
Link | Citer | R

WS Set:

ItemSet 357560

All V gear is WSD +4% STR ACC and ATTK

Back is WS+10% STR ACC ATTK

I need V body because lol I will never get relic and AF+3 my pants.
By Taint 2018-03-26 18:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slycooper said: »
The triple and quad attack proc with AM from Masa is so much. If I am buffed properly its amazing. I need new earring here or there but I need to focus on my WS set which is trash because I have no luck on NMs

Once you go zanhasso you never go back :p

SAM is such a WS heavy job, all your focus should be there.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-26 18:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slycooper said: »
WS Set:

ItemSet 357560

All V gear is WSD +4% STR ACC and ATTK

Back is WS+10% STR ACC ATTK

I need V body because lol I will never get relic and AF+3 my pants.
I'd pretty much use the set taint posted above then, but keep the legs and feet you have for now. and unless you have perfect augs on takaha, stp smert is a good option as well
By Foxfire 2018-03-26 18:42:13
Link | Citer | R

so, just curious, what's stopping you from getting relic body and af+3 legs?
 Odin.Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2018-03-26 18:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
so, just curious, what's stopping you from getting relic body and af+3 legs?

Having PLD lol. I dont get to do events often due to work and most of the time people want me on PLD.
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 153 154 155