Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Lunafreya
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-20 10:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Augmenting some Valorous Hose for a future Shoha/Fudo set and I have this current augment vs what Oseem is offering:

Current:
Accuracy 11/ Attack 21/ Double Attack +4

Or:

AGI 11 (lol), Accuracy 20, Attack 20, WSD +4%.

If that AGI was STR I think it'd be a no brainer. Suggestions?

Edit: yea I am sitting here not pressing any buttons because idk which to keep... xD
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-20 10:44:12
Link | Citer | R

wsd
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-20 10:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
wsd

Thank you :)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-20 11:09:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious why you wouldn't use the Hiza Legs for WSD? Even the NQ have WSD +3, more STR and more acc/atk than Valorous hose.

The +1 Hiza legs have +8 base STR, 5% WSD and superior acc similar atk to your current augment.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-20 11:33:39
Link | Citer | R

guessing they don't' have them or intend to pursue them anytime soon. pretty sure they mentioned recently returning to the game and when you're limited on how many pieces you can get per month, probably gearing other jobs with more important pieces
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-20 11:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Spiketaru said: »
Got my hands on a Doji and in the process of building Masa, so I thought I'd revise my TP set. I could use some advice.

ItemSet 357348

I know Masa benefits greatly from stacking multi-hit, but should I stick with primarily STP for Doji?

Mostly asking:
Cessance+Brutal vs Telos+Dedition
Smertrios' w/ DA vs Takaha
Various NQ Kendatsuba equips vs what I have now

It looks like you are going the path of Zanhasso for your TP phase. So, with that assumption in mind, here are a couple general points to consider.

1. Zanshin procs give you more TP than a regular hit, so STP is relatively less important in a Zanhasso build.
2. The amount of STP you need in your build depends heavily on what amount of STP you use Weaponskills in.
3. Even if you weren't doing Zanhasso, I think you probably have way overkill for STP.

Foxfire gave generally decent advice except for one thing. If you are doing Zanhasso, Kasuga Domaru +1 is much better for you than Kendatsuba Samue.

This is my current Doji WS set:
ItemSet 354067

With that set, my expected TP return will be 222 TP. Which means I need 260 TP/hit during TP phase for a 4-hit. You're current Doji TP set gives you 294 TP/hit if you have master sam. That is way overkill, UNLESS, you want that much TP/hit to hit something higher than 1000 TP for your WS.

You do have enough STP in your build if you have a cor using SAM Roll to get a 3-hit build actually if you assume an average bonus from your corsair of +50 STP which I think is pretty easily achieved. So this would be a good build for SAM roll up.

If you don't have a cor, this is more what I would propose for a straight STP build for Doji.
ItemSet 354066

That gives 266 TP/hit without taking into account Zanshin/Hasso.

If you want to stay with the Zanhasso build, I'd lose the Dedition/Telos Combo and do Brutal/Cessance. I'd also do what Foxfire recommended for your legs and get Kendatsuba legs. Petrov Ring is going to be better for you unless you need the acc from Flamma. You're still going to have a ton of overkill on STP in this build, but the Kasugi Domaru and JSE back are important to the build for maximizing Zanhasso.

I'll defer to others on Masamune. I haven't done any of the calculations for that one since it has a delay of 431.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-20 11:43:13
Link | Citer | R

the actual point of the extra store tp is to benefit the ikishoten tp gain and turn it into extra ws damage. it doesn't benefit doji as much since it has a large tp bonus on it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-20 11:49:46
Link | Citer | R

That's why I added the unless in there. I Still think the Dedition Earring is probably unnecessary for too little benefit. It negates literally all the benefit of Telos earring except 1% DA and the STP. I'd probably go Cessance + Telos in the situation. I haven't sim'd or spreadsheet'd it though, so I guess if it shows better there I'll stop.

Edit: WoW, I hadn't really looked too hard at Zanshin builds since i don't currently have gil for a pair of Ryuo feet. Am I reading the TP bonus info right on the wiki that a Zanshin proc gets (127 + 150) base TP if you have 5 merits in Ikishoten? So 642 TP/hit on the OPs build?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-20 12:52:56
Link | Citer | R

yes. i also made a post a few pages back showing why it was as strong a set as it was, for masamune at least, due to all the overflow tp without reducing weapon skill frequency very much.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-20 13:04:03
Link | Citer | R

I saw that, I just kind of glossed over the math. I've been meaning to start a Zanshin build, I could probably just do NQ Ryuo feet for now, alredady have Kasuga and Tahakaha Mantle.
By Foxfire 2018-03-20 14:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, my entire argument re: kendatsuba gear was mainly "if you need accuracy, this would be better", because their current set has v. little in the way of that

This is really my concern for the sam guide, because your tp set varies heavily on what minimums you're hoping to achieve/compromise on v. target and wpn delay; as well as zanhasso v. MA

ws set.... well, i guess you can work around different acc levels, but for the most part it's pretty standard

idk, but this is why i haven't made a single gearset for the page yet. |:
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-03-20 15:21:18
Link | Citer | R

I personally have bookmarked several pages of this thread for reference and/ or to look up pieces I'm missing, but trying to explain it to the fledgling SAMs that come through my ls is like pulling teeth sometimes. "But muh flamma gear has STP isn't that what SAM craves?".

It might be good just to throw up an hq zanhasso set, an nq zanhasso set and then an stp/acc sets with acc ratings for the sets and a brief explanation as to the pros/cons. Just so there is something there where people don't have to read through 500 posts to see it. There's probably a couple posts in here that could be copied pasted directly in.

Then if we all wanna debate it for 90 more pages, at least something will be there for less interested folks to glance at and shoot for.

Maybe throw a disclaimer like: "This ***'s still up for debate. See pages 70 through infinity for reference"
By Foxfire 2018-03-20 15:35:12
Link | Citer | R

right, i get that, but I don't want to presume, either... so I'm bugging Ejin to do it w/. Austar can help if they want to. :p
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-20 15:43:39
Link | Citer | R

too lazy and too many options regarding what people may have accessible.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-03-20 16:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeaahhhh.... definitely agree.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-03-20 23:30:34
Link | Citer | R

too lazy and too many options regarding what people may have accessible.
QFT.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-03-20 23:38:30
Link | Citer | R

This are my sets. Accessories can/may differ. Masa or Doji is used. *Up for debate, as usual. They work for me and I like them.

Zanhasso/Zerg:
ItemSet 357456
I personally have Path D on legs, not sure if any other path is better tbh. Path A on feet. Smertrios DA+10.

Accuracy/Magic spam NM's:
ItemSet 357457
NQ Kendatsuba works.

Fudo/Shoha: (Same as Shadowmeld, but swap Skukuyu > Regal)
ItemSet 354067
STR+10/WSD+5 or STR+15/WSD+4 on each Valorous pc, with as much Acc/Atk you can get. Smertrios's WSD+10.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2018-03-20 23:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Carbuncle.Spiketaru said: »
Got my hands on a Doji and in the process of building Masa, so I thought I'd revise my TP set. I could use some advice.

ItemSet 357348

I know Masa benefits greatly from stacking multi-hit, but should I stick with primarily STP for Doji?

Mostly asking:
Cessance+Brutal vs Telos+Dedition
Smertrios' w/ DA vs Takaha
Various NQ Kendatsuba equips vs what I have now

You do have enough STP in your build if you have a cor using SAM Roll to get a 3-hit build actually if you assume an average bonus from your corsair of +50 STP which I think is pretty easily achieved. So this would be a good build for SAM roll up.

If you don't have a cor, this is more what I would propose for a straight STP build for Doji.
ItemSet 354066

That gives 266 TP/hit without taking into account Zanshin/Hasso.

If you want to stay with the Zanhasso build, I'd lose the Dedition/Telos Combo and do Brutal/Cessance. I'd also do what Foxfire recommended for your legs and get Kendatsuba legs. Petrov Ring is going to be better for you unless you need the acc from Flamma. You're still going to have a ton of overkill on STP in this build, but the Kasugi Domaru and JSE back are important to the build for maximizing Zanhasso.

I'll defer to others on Masamune. I haven't done any of the calculations for that one since it has a delay of 431.
Luckily, my WS set is identical to yours, except using Regal over Shukuyu.

I haven't worked rules into my GearSwap for SAM roll on/off, so if you're willing to share, I'd be grateful for a pointer. I have SAM roll most times, so I just kinda aimed for that excess STP.

I'm working on Cessance in my own back-*** way atm, so here's hoping it drops soon.

As for the argument of using Kendatsuba legs over Ryuo, you don't gotta tell me twice. I could definitely use the acc in that slot without losing Zanshin.

Just to clarify, that means I could stand to drop Takaha to Smertrios with DA for Doji, or is losing that 10 STP too low for a 3-hit + SAM roll?

I appreciate every bit of input btw.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-03-21 05:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
but trying to explain it to the fledgling SAMs that come through my ls is like pulling teeth sometimes. "But muh flamma gear has STP isn't that what SAM craves?".

Foxfire said: »
right, i get that, but I don't want to presume, either... so I'm bugging Ejin to do it w/. Austar can help if they want to. :p

Part of the Zanhasso TP concept was originally utilized by Ejinn and also DPS was confirmed by Austar with his awesome DPS Simulator..

No need to confirm with anyone, or bug Ejinn.. Just look at what Speedyjim has posted as his Zanshin sets are the same as what Austar posted a couple pages back..

Follow the path of Bushido through Zanshin.. Mrkillface.. If they don't get it, then they shouldn't be on SAM.. Austar's Simulator is very well designed and confirms it's dominance..

I am sure Ejinn will post if he wants to confirm/deny any set options, but the answer is within a just a couple recent pages of this thread..
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-03-21 06:31:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious why you wouldn't use the Hiza Legs for WSD? Even the NQ have WSD +3, more STR and more acc/atk than Valorous hose.

The +1 Hiza legs have +8 base STR, 5% WSD and superior acc similar atk to your current augment.

guessing they don't' have them or intend to pursue them anytime soon. pretty sure they mentioned recently returning to the game and when you're limited on how many pieces you can get per month, probably gearing other jobs with more important pieces

Yea just a matter of time until I get the Hiza legs +2 but I was looking for something to hold me over. Still have so many ambu pieces to +1/+2, capes, etc.
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2018-03-22 12:51:50
Link | Citer | R

What page is the sim thing on?

Nvm
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-22 17:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

Yea just a matter of time until I get the Hiza legs +2 but I was looking for something to hold me over. Still have so many ambu pieces to +1/+2, capes, etc.

Well, if you've got the +1, those are better than almost anything barring perfect augments on Valorous.
By Darkvlade 2018-03-23 12:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Hello guys, just thinking of re-gearing my SAM again and got couple questions for you.

1st question is, is the zanhasso set the norm for TP acruement now and how much zanshin would I need for it to be worthy (or should I just go for a regular tp build and a zanhasso build as well)

I see that speedy TP sets are using ginseng for ammo/ranged slot, for tp phase, is there still an use for cibitshavore tp path?

Already have a lot of cross-jobs gear from my WAR and got the 5/5 NQ ryuo set from way back, and kendasutba legs NQ thanks to gobbie, 5/5 flamma set +2, hiza set +1 4/5 & hiza legs +2, missing nodowa neck or can I still get by with ganesha mala, are there any pieces that are necessary more than others?

Also for valorous set am I aiming for WSD, ACC/ATK (% value)?

This is all I can think of, usually I’ll hit Mrkillface in game (he is my sense when I got questions, has helped me out a lot on other jobs)

Thanks in advance for your input
 Asura.Auburn
user: Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-23 13:03:12
Link | Citer | R

Are there any particular HQ abjuration pieces that I should work towards for Samurai? I see a low acc set that uses Hq Ryuo feet, but the rest seem to use su3. How applicable is that set for most content?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-23 13:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Darkvlade said: »
Hello guys, just thinking of re-gearing my SAM again and got couple questions for you.

1st question is, is the zanhasso set the norm for TP acruement now and how much zanshin would I need for it to be worthy (or should I just go for a regular tp build and a zanhasso build as well)

I see that speedy TP sets are using ginseng for ammo/ranged slot, for tp phase, is there still an use for cibitshavore tp path?

Already have a lot of cross-jobs gear from my WAR and got the 5/5 NQ ryuo set from way back, and kendasutba legs NQ thanks to gobbie, 5/5 flamma set +2, hiza set +1 4/5 & hiza legs +2, missing nodowa neck or can I still get by with ganesha mala, are there any pieces that are necessary more than others?

Also for valorous set am I aiming for WSD, ACC/ATK (% value)?

This is all I can think of, usually I’ll hit Mrkillface in game (he is my sense when I got questions, has helped me out a lot on other jobs)

Thanks in advance for your input

1.)Zanhasso builds are typically the go to build outside of mobs like albumen which tend to favor kenda set for the massive amounts of magic evasion. However i have seen sams with good multiattack builds put up very respectable numbers.

2.)Cibit no longer used because there are much better options in ammo slot for tp/ws which you can swap without loss of tp.

3.)And as far as ws sets go wsdmg +5, str +10 (or wsdmg +4 with str +15) with as much acc/attacka as you can get.

Asura.Auburn said: »
Are there any particular HQ abjuration pieces that I should work towards for Samurai? I see a low acc set that uses Hq Ryuo feet, but the rest seem to use su3. How applicable is that set for most content?

HQ feet (Path D if i recall) are best for zanhasso builds, HQ legs (also Path D) are great for stp builds while keeping some DA in leg slot. And i personally enjoy using the HQ body in some builds because i can maintain my x-hit and get a smidge of PDT and DA.
[+]
 Asura.Auburn
user: Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2018-03-23 13:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Is there any content that a sam goes to where a Zanhasso build won't cut it?
By Foxfire 2018-03-23 13:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Cibitshavore isn't "bad", but if you need the STP while still starting out, it's worthwhile. You definitely want to upgrade to Ginsen/Knobkierrie once you're able to, tho.

Ofc, if your WAR's decked out, you probably already have both those items, yeah?

For valorous, the key things are definitely STR+15WSD4%/STR+10WSD5% (taupe/fern stone augments respectively) but try to aim for acc+20 alongside those if possible

it's not about the zanhasso "not cutting it", it's just that tougher fights where you need to prioritize survivability, lend themselves to things like hybrid sets w/ kendatsuba gear for the meva. Some people just run multiattack builds. Other times you just need hella acc.

idk.
By Taint 2018-03-23 13:38:05
Link | Citer | R

Two reasons i swap out of my zanhasso build.

ACC and MEVA.

So for 99% of the content you should just zanhasso and call it a day. For that 1% though you need a better build.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-23 13:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

Two reasons i swap out of my zanhasso build.

ACC and MEVA.

So for 99% of the content you should just zanhasso and call it a day. For that 1% though you need a better build.

^^ truth!
By Darkvlade 2018-03-23 14:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Hey T, so basically Tp set all the way and hybrid for those “Oh ***” moments, right?

And to Fire, yes got those, I’ll be pairing those with a Doji, mine is less of an issue with gear, is more of how to put it together and make it work, I have been away from SAM for like 3~4 years so I need to catch up as to what is current, is all.

Thanks again, Fire & King
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 153 154 155