Mythic suggestion/advice
First Page 2
 Asura.Gregalen
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2014-01-24 13:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Ok so I've had my sights set on Fully leveled Tizona. However a few of my friends on the game have told me don't even attempt it. What's everyone's opinions.
 Valefor.Oxt
Serveur: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-01-24 13:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Completing a Mythic is one of the best feelings you'll ever have in this game. It's a long and painful journey but anything that's worth it will be difficult.

GL sir!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-01-24 13:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Do it, bananas are awesome!
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-01-24 13:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gregalen said: »
Ok so I've had my sights set on Fully leveled Tizona. However a few of my friends on the game have told me don't even attempt it. What's everyone's opinions.
Get a Tizona and laugh in your friends' faces?
 Asura.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-01-24 13:13:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm doing Death Penalty.

They all say I'm crazy as well.
 Asura.Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2014-01-24 13:15:38
Link | Citer | R

Well it's not necessarily about the difficulty to do a mythic from scratch. I've got time and I can solo everything besides nyzul and einherjar (because of time restrictions of Einherjar and the damn lamp floors for nyzul) without any issues.

But A few friends (well old friends I've had when I was on my original character) have told me that it's utter crap. And I'm trying to see why it's believed to be that. Looking at the stats...damage dealt converts to MP (which is a BLU's lifeline really).
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-01-24 13:17:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm 90k tokens away from my Liberator. I actually quit a few months ago and finishing this helped inspire me to come back. At least getting from 99 to 119 isn't as bad. However, getting to 99 is a lil harder. /facepalm
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2014-01-24 13:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Get a Tizona and laugh in your friends' faces?

THIS! Do it because they said you shouldn't..
 Asura.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-01-24 13:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Well it's not necessarily about the difficulty to do a mythic from scratch. I've got time and I can solo everything besides nyzul and einherjar (because of time restrictions of Einherjar and the damn lamp floors for nyzul) without any issues.

I still haven't even finished ToAU.. That's how far away I am >.>;
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-01-24 13:25:37
Link | Citer | R

It's easier to build a mythic now than last fall. I couldn't find any alexs for sale before the assault update. I actually finished my alex stage (farmed last 5k) before my tokens.

It is a huge time commitment. A Tizona is a well-deserved weapon for BLU.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-24 13:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Not sure exactly how well Tizona stacks up vs. BLU's other ilv swords, but I'd assume not so great simply because BLU has no good way maintaining AM3.

So really, big tme sink/gil sink for what appears to be nothing more than a trophy.

That's my opinion, your move, chief.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-01-24 13:37:27
Link | Citer | R

BLU's in one of the best positions of any job to handle AM3, actually. It's a pretty strong weapon in the right situations.
By Voren 2014-01-24 13:37:48
Link | Citer | R

If you want it, go for it, to hell with what anyone else says. It's your game, you pay the monthly fee, you want it, go for it and don't look back.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-01-24 13:41:14
Link | Citer | R

As Proth said it is definitely a strong weapon. Aside from that, it is amazing for support play. The MP regenerative benefits of Tizona are amazing. I don't need to set auto-refresh or battery charge and I can pretty much freely cast spells like White Wind, Diamondhide, Occultation etc without running out of MP. So if you find yourself in any kind of back up support (pretty rare tbh but I did for the new Kamnalaut fight) its a nice bonus.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-01-24 14:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Don't do it once you finish one mythic you'll want more lol. I don't even play atm and I still want like 5 more mythics at least lol. They are like crack
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-24 14:13:45
Link | Citer | R

get a yoichi, do comparable to better damage with 1/8 the investment and much lower required attention

(not serious, long term goals are nice, just know you're doing it for the goal/fun of it not performance unless you go yagrush/burt/maybe ryuno)
By pchan 2014-01-24 14:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Melee mythics got a buff from the recent WS, but I wouldn't say they are worth it. When you are fully buffed and start at 300 tp sure but otherwise nope. Anyway If you don't want to waste a mythic you should be doing carnwenhan or yagrush on your mule.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-24 14:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
BLU's in one of the best positions of any job to handle AM3, actually.
How so? I didn't think blu had anything that would be particularly useful in rebuilding AM3 quickly.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-24 14:22:10
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »
Melee mythics got a buff from the recent WS, but I wouldn't say they are worth it. When you are fully buffed and start at 300 tp sure but otherwise nope. Anyway If you don't want to waste a mythic you should be doing carnwenhan or yagrush on your mule.
Or do one for the job you love, which is the only thing truly worth it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-24 14:26:54
Link | Citer | R

There is no greater testament to one's love of a job than to make a mythic for it.

Its a long term goal. Accept that you might take a year to slowly chip away at it to avoid burning out, and you'll make it.
You gotta have short term side goals to do also.
Put yourself out there and find other people that want to accomplish the same goal, make friends, join einherjar shouts to buildup your ichor, use those tags and clear assaults, etc. Chip away at it slowly with regularity and over time you will get there.

The first mythic seemed to take me forever, the 2nd one seems much less painful so far. Although i'm not a fan of the nyzul token part again -_-

If I was crazy enough and wanted a 3rd mythic, i'd probably make a tizona.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-01-24 14:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
I'm 90k tokens away from my Liberator. I actually quit a few months ago and finishing this helped inspire me to come back. At least getting from 99 to 119 isn't as bad. However, getting to 99 is a lil harder. /facepalm
How are scloria prices on your server? But yeah 1k beitetsu ftw lol
20m recently on Lakshmi. If you have a small group, I suggest building sets and knock it off yourself. Should be a lil easier with the upgraded gear and armor. I haven't tried since myself. I'm curious how much easier it'll be with 119 weapons.
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-01-24 14:42:27
Link | Citer | R

I'd make what you wanna make, not what other people influence you to. A mythic is a lot of work to put into something you don't love.

PW is an absolute joke now, the last time I did it was after a few months of delve but before skirmish, so most everyone had at least delve weapons/gears. I can't imagine how much easier it is with 119 stuff. You could probably really low man it if you had a good paladin.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-24 14:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
How are scloria prices on your server? But yeah 1k beitetsu ftw lol
20m recently on Lakshmi. If you have a small group, I suggest building sets and knock it off yourself. Should be a lil easier with the upgraded gear and armor. I haven't tried since myself. I'm curious how much easier it'll be with 119 weapons.
I wonder if it is possible to solo it as BST.

If so, then I'm completely set!
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-24 14:48:23
Link | Citer | R

PW can be done with a aegis/ochain PLD+BRD+WHM and a 4th whatever job that can drop from party and be reraised and become the sac bait to keep him from depopping if you screw up.
Just have to make sure after the form change the pld has hate if you run with a 3-4person party.
Don't let it stay in medusa form since the ranged damage from her and the lamp clones will ignore blocking and take out a pld.
Larger group can faceroll it but astral flow can still hurt and can randomly take someone out.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2014-01-24 14:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Stupid question but wtf is AM3? I'm going through my memory and i'm like no clue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-24 14:54:59
Link | Citer | R

I've never been able to fully understand this "make a mythic for the job you love." unless of course, that job happened to be one of the jobs that has a truly powerful mythic weapon.

I just wouldn't put a substantial amount of time/gil into a weapon that wasn't a strong asset to a job, but I guess that's just my way of thinking.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-24 14:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Aftermath level 3.
First Page 2