Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-01-24 15:03:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
BLU's in one of the best positions of any job to handle AM3, actually.
How so? I didn't think blu had anything that would be particularly useful in rebuilding AM3 quickly.

Very useful traits (lots of store tp, quick attack speed, tons of multiattack), and in case of overflow can cast spells to make up most of the difference. Makes it more efficient than most other jobs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-24 15:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Still don't understand, I'd want to get the best out of a mythic, and I wouldn't really feel I'd be getting it out of say, RDM's mythic for instance.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-01-24 15:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I've never been able to fully understand this "make a mythic for the job you love." unless of course, that job happened to be one of the jobs that has a truly powerful mythic weapon.

I just wouldn't put a substantial amount of time/gil into a weapon that wasn't a strong asset to a job, but I guess that's just my way of thinking.

Since S-E has shown that they are willing to take players' year-long investments into RME and supplant them overnight, picking a mythic based on the FotM top DD is somewhat silly. The only ones that will be always and forever top-tier are Carnwenhan and Yagrush, and arguably Burtgang.

If everyone picked a mythic based on worth, those two or three would be the only ones ever made.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-01-24 15:25:48
Link | Citer | R

I take it more as a loreish standpoint. Whether the weapon actually is the best for its respective job or not, it has the idea behind it that the greatest of their kind wielded the weapon.

It adds a sense of accomplishment even if you never use it for anything besides messing around.

*shrug* I've always enjoyed trying to max out my jobs, but when it comes to the job I love I look at it as more as a character, an actual being with a story behind it. The idea of making a mythic is therefore not wholey looked at as "this will make me the best" but more as "this will add to my story."
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-24 15:30:36
Link | Citer | R

SE said they were going to continuously update R.E.M's now, no? So weapons like Kogarasumaru/Ryunohige/Conqueror will now always be the best in regards to melee. (Other melee mythics might be best as well, but I wouldn't know enough about them to say)

Everyone going for highest value mythics isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially as they can be a powerful asset to your party/alliance. Like I said though, it's just my way of thinking, I just couldn't go down a route like building a mythic unless it was a weapon of the best value.
 Sylph.Heillon
Serveur: Sylph
user: Heillon
By Sylph.Heillon 2014-01-24 15:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Honestly all the bashing and the "Just get Carnwenhan/Yagrush/Ryuno/" are sickening. The only mythics that come close to useless imo are thf and rng, and really what happened to the supposed Mandalic Stab rework?

In all reality, if you love your job, and you get a mythic for it, chances are it's going to be worth it. The idea of building the best mythic for a job you ave hollow feeling for just because it's the strongest just seems like setting yourself up for failure.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-24 15:33:02
Link | Citer | R

i never did the mythic storyline because i'm a scrub, but aren't they just 'the myriad arms of balrahn'? unless balrahn was the greatest of all kinds, seems to be weaker lore than relics, at least they get a unique cs

(pardon if i'm misinformed, like i said i haven't done it)

Quote:
The only mythics that come close to useless imo are thf and rng, and really what happened to the supposed Mandalic Stab rework?
if the job is useless, the mythic is useless by transitive property of uselessness
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-24 15:46:30
Link | Citer | R

Make what you want to, in 4 updates you watch that job be OP and you pwn everyone in existence.

Quick rule for life: Stop caring what other people want, and do what makes you happy.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-24 15:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Still don't understand, I'd want to get the best out of a mythic, and I wouldn't really feel I'd be getting it out of say, RDM's mythic for instance.

You don't understand that there is a certain amount of XI players that chose their favorite job and build it a mythic because they strongly identify with the archetype of the job.

To illustrate this, take a look at the history of dragoons in XI.
Remember waaay back in the day when noone wanted drg and there were those people that still played DRG. and nothing else because they loved it?
In spite all the hate and ridicule, some still played drg even if it meant they soloed easy prey to 75 or sat lfg in jeuno forever. And after some time a number of those players continued on and made gugnir relics instead of playing other jobs or making other relics.

Some people will just never make an oats monk/annihilator ranger because they don't have any passion or connection to the job archetype or its mechanics are unsatisfying to them.

This is all very 'feels' and doesn't make logical sense to spreadsheet minmaxers, but it makes perfect sense to the people who have stuck to playing only what they love instead of playing something that they don't like for the sake of a party invite.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-24 16:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Oxt said: »
Completing a Mythic is one of the best feelings you'll ever have in this game. It's a long and painful journey but anything that's worth it will be difficult.

GL sir!

I didn't get that feeling after it's done, I feel more accomplished with lv 85 arma(my first legendary) and lv 99 arma(my first expensive legendary) and joyeuse at 75.

Am I getting old to a point that every FFXI accomplishment felt indifferent to me? :X

It must be D:

Asura.Gregalen said: »
Ok so I've had my sights set on Fully leveled Tizona. However a few of my friends on the game have told me don't even attempt it. What's everyone's opinions.

I don't find a point to ask for other's opinion, personally. When I started DP everyone was like "lol" "don't do it" or even "I'll sell you cheap alex if your mythic is useful....you doing DP? NO CHEAP ALEX FOR YOU".

However, I was young :D, and I had passion toward it. So I ignored everyone else. The idea of having a hand cannon is awesome. If you ask for my opinion at that time I'd say "do ieeeeeetttttt, ignore everyone else"

Now I'm probably going to tell you it's not worth it, because I've seen enough people into building a Mythic, and quit or no longer main the job before it's done.

IMO, if you have doubt and feel unsure whether you want to do it, that means you don't have enough passion toward it. If you have passion you wouldn't even ask. If you're stubborn as ***, only into BLU, you know you'd play the game for quite a while, and don't ask other's opinion about "should I do this", then you'd have a pretty good shot at finishing it.

Otherwise I'd say no. Unless you're the hardcore group of people. For avg players, 95% of ppl I know that are into Mythic at one point of time couldn't finish.

I don't regret doing it, and my main job never change in past 4 years regardless how job hierarchy changed. But I wouldn't recommend anyone to do a Mythic, especially a none mainstream mythic for a none mainstream job.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-24 16:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i never did the mythic storyline because i'm a scrub, but aren't they just 'the myriad arms of balrahn'? unless balrahn was the greatest of all kinds, seems to be weaker lore than relics, at least they get a unique cs

(pardon if i'm misinformed, like i said i haven't done it)

Quote:
The only mythics that come close to useless imo are thf and rng, and really what happened to the supposed Mandalic Stab rework?
if the job is useless, the mythic is useless by transitive property of uselessness

I can't compare mythic questline with relic, since I have no relic. But Mythic quests have unique cs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-24 16:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Weapons ratings are way too fickle to make a huge investment based on what's mainstream those weeks. Considering the majority of players will take many months, up to two years to build a mythic doing it for something you love is much more fulfilling than for something that by the time it's done it's been surpassed by something much cheaper and faster to obtain.
 Phoenix.Jurges
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2014-01-24 16:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Make your Tizona.

Trying to predict the next flavor of the month is absurd. Within recent memory WAR, then DRK, then MNK and now RNG have been jobs of those chasing to be the gold medal parser. The pattern will continue. It's easy to make a relic or grab a delve drop if you need to gear the "new DD." And even the top DD mythics, as previously mentioned, aren't being used in current content at this time. It's actually kind of comical. They'll come back though and be relevant as we progress through SE's menstrual cycle.

When I 99ed my Arma, it looked frivolous. Then it became useful for other things than brewing. But I had no regrets, because I enjoyed COR. Keeping that mentality, 38 days from now I'll be earning what some consider one of the biggest trolls in the game. But, I don't care. Thief has always been my favorite job and I've always wanted a mythic. And if history serves me correct, I'll probably quit shortly after I get my Vajra, like most of the mythic owners I know lol.
[+]
 Asura.Gregalen
Serveur: Asura
user: Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2014-01-24 22:50:13
Link | Citer | R

I think most people on here kinda misunderstood my question for things on this thread. This wasn't, "if i should do it". BLU is my main..since I had to restart my character because SE failed to fix my last one...I played blu on one of my friends characters and instantly fell in love with the thing. I was just wondering what people thought of it and their experiences with it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-25 01:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jurges said: »
I'll probably quit shortly after I get my Vajra, like most of the mythic owners I know lol.

I thought I'd quit after I got Mythic too, in the end I didn't.....yet.
I guess there aren't many interesting titles to get me away from FFXI anymore.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2014-01-25 01:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Do it, then make it sparkly. ^o^
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-01-30 17:33:07
Link | Citer | R

I know I'm a bit late here but if you're even going to think about making ANY mythic, you really need to throw any sense of a cost/benefit analysis out the window. Are their mythics that are arguably better than Tizona? Maybe. But none of them, NOT A ONE, holds up in a C/B analysis given how ludicrously extreme the process of making one still is to this day. Building a mythic is a labor of love; doing it for any other reason is beyond foolish and ultimately the best mythic is the one you personally are going to use the most.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2014-01-30 17:42:27
Link | Citer | R

when i chosed to got for mythic i went for functionality rather than power i was afraid a update to weapons or new expansion would give new op weapons and obsolete it so i made a yagrush for my whm alt

that was pretty dangerous in itself as most people wanted me to come on my whm mule rather than my main (DPS foucsed) character, never the less i was alot happy with it for intesive situations or fast recovery after combat in time critical events (recovering ppl after the pieste in delve run). just 3 cast of a -na spell and the entire ally is up and running
 Fenrir.Sanyon
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sanyon
By Fenrir.Sanyon 2014-01-30 18:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Tizona is the best mythic for BLU.

/hurray
[+]
 Asura.Dammit
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dammit 2014-02-13 22:27:43
Link | Citer | R

I actually have Tizona (since 2010). Mostly, it's a show-piece. The MP return is so-so, but when you're meleeing, you're not casting spells and vice-versa. Level 3 aftermath IS definitely great, and spamming CDC every 10-15 seconds is fun, but the utility of BLU typically doesn't have you front line often, at least currently.

Ultimately, it's your gil, so do what you want. For me, I'm proud I accomplished it, but after 3 years, it really wasn't worth all the trouble.

Post deleted by User.
[+]