Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-01-27 01:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gabba said: »
pchan said: »
I did play the update I give it 0/10.

And sadly I agree with you...
Besides the pluton box off RoE... Looking foward next update, new lolskirmish(more random aug) and relic gear revamp

What RoE quest gave u pluton box?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-27 01:40:28
Link | Citer | R

Vanquish III gives pluton box
 Asura.Natenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-01-27 02:14:57
Link | Citer | R

had to do it!
 Sylph.Rafaras
Serveur: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-27 12:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Kyler said: »
Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Is there a chance for equip gear to drop in AA VE(ex: MR Tiger mask) or is that just impossible?

You really don't read much do you?

I do, it's just that everyone says one thing different than the other. So I would like to confirm it.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-01-31 01:34:05
Link | Citer | R

First time i did VD EV, she decided to wait till 25% to bene...lost lot on ring D=
By pchan 2014-01-31 17:29:40
Link | Citer | R

got divinator off easy DM.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-02 09:59:44
Link | Citer | R

I just have a random question in regards of the 5 AA fights.

I need to start blowing my KIs because I'm already 8/8 on them and I have more than 20 merits, but a little birdy told me that you can get the weapons from VE.

So, is that true? Can I just farm merits and spam HM and MR to get my saber and axe?
By Tymoris 2014-02-02 10:06:56
Link | Citer | R

You can get the weapons yeah even from VE just it's your call if the droprate is worth it refarming each time 20 merits to do it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-02 10:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Tymoris said: »
You can get the weapons yeah even from VE just it's your call if the droprate is worth it refarming each time 20 merits to do it.
Can BST solo HM and MK?

Edit: or SMN?
By Tymoris 2014-02-02 10:10:56
Link | Citer | R

Not 100% sure about it, I have heard bsts doing it but I haven't watched it first hand being done.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-02 10:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Guess I'll find out today lol
 Asura.Tymoris
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-02-02 10:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Smn even with the seraphicaller will be somewhat tricky. The avatar is not getting any more resistant to the sword weaponskills of the hume>.>;;
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-02-02 11:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Can BST solo HM and MK?

BST can solo MR VE for sure. I got it to 2% pre-BST update. I was still having some trouble hitting her though, had to keep up lvl 5 Lethargic Daze to kill her at a decent speed. For havoc spiral spam, I had a frenzy sallet but poison pots would prolly be better. Under 25% it's a mess; cloudsplitter sc spam isn't fun ): Sadly I only lost because it was my first attempt and only brought 2 dawn mulsums so my reward timer couldn't keep up with cloudsplitter spam. I used grasshopper for this run. I could make a video of me doing it, but I'm still having an issue on learning how to improve quality of the vid/actually putting in music lol

Also, there's a video of Papesse soloing it on SMN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpUE_qkFJLU
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-02-02 11:15:25
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »
got divinator off easy DM.

Had 3 divinator's drop off Difficult.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-02-02 11:51:10
Link | Citer | R

I just have a random question in regards of the 5 AA fights.

I need to start blowing my KIs because I'm already 8/8 on them and I have more than 20 merits, but a little birdy told me that you can get the weapons from VE.

So, is that true? Can I just farm merits and spam HM and MR to get my saber and axe?
The chance of getting a weapon from VE is MAYBE in the 1-3 percent range (which you're then pulling from 5 possible pieces of gear), whereas on difficult a weapon/armor slot is guaranteed.

You're more likely to get a Dring for you and your mule before you get a weapon from VE
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-02-02 12:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Just random... like everything in FF

1 TT VE got Scythe
Farming Head Chp. 14 HM VE nothing
By pchan 2014-02-02 12:38:49
Link | Citer | R

We usually get 1 piece of gear from easy DM among the 5 Nms so the droprate on armor is not that low.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-02-03 11:22:02
Link | Citer | R

discussing solo VE AA drop rates, pchan chimes in with (possibly inflated) E DM drop rates...kay
By Kyler 2014-02-03 11:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Can BST solo HM and MK?

BST can solo MR VE for sure. I got it to 2% pre-BST update. I was still having some trouble hitting her though, had to keep up lvl 5 Lethargic Daze to kill her at a decent speed. For havoc spiral spam, I had a frenzy sallet but poison pots would prolly be better. Under 25% it's a mess; cloudsplitter sc spam isn't fun ): Sadly I only lost because it was my first attempt and only brought 2 dawn mulsums so my reward timer couldn't keep up with cloudsplitter spam. I used grasshopper for this run. I could make a video of me doing it, but I'm still having an issue on learning how to improve quality of the vid/actually putting in music lol

Also, there's a video of Papesse soloing it on SMN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpUE_qkFJLU

I can attest to this as well. I didn't use any dawn Muslims but I do have pretty much the best pre reforged af gear. Was actually using Mandy not for any reason or another just had them and wanted to try them out. Went in familiar and stuck him on mithra. Didn't aggro in the process so both the pet and MR were on the mandy. I was /nin and using a max acc (except for pieces that have good pet pdt, (anwig, af3 legs) and I swapped around between the AA axe, pdt axe and the delve 119 axe mostly. /nin works great for havoc spiral, only takes 1-2 shadows consistently so keeping up 2 you are pretty safe.

Not sure if they fixed BST things or if it was glitch or something but my Mandy never took focus off the mithra. She spawned with
Mandy pet so I killed that and she popped tiger. Hate was secured on my pet so when it spawned back on my Mandy it went. Headbutt was doing decent damage and my melee swings and very occasional ws. Didn't use any Muslims but did use another Mandy and 2 stacks of food. At about 40% I used run wild and took it down to 10% or so before I let the Mandy die. I ran back up the ramp made sure I had 3 shadows and ni, timer up and call beast ready.

Reapplied Mandy to MR, whacked the tiger a couple times and pulled it away before snarling. The last part dragged on a bit because there was a noticeable difference without run wild or familiar. Killed in 22 minutes.

Got crap haha.

If I did it again id probably save run wild for the last 10%-20% or so
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-02-03 23:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Making a mockery of EV Very Hard, turns out shes easier then MR with NIN(Kikoku) NIN(Kikoku) THF(Mandau) as DDs, using SMN for EA and BRD for Scherzo, and WHM.

Ninja Edit; We had outside songs too, mambo and minuets i think.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-03 23:36:03
Link | Citer | R

HOWS YOU GON ACCURACY WITHOUT YOU KIDS i mean brd/cor

Its evasion that bad?
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-02-03 23:42:53
Link | Citer | R

We had double SV mads the entire time, and feint here and there. It just occurred to me we could have SMN land evasion down but we've been having him use attack down cause vorpal blade and CDC are scurry.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-02-04 00:30:33
Link | Citer | R

have you tried nin/run tenebraex2+vallation? should make the fight even easier.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-02-04 00:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Does /RUN do anything for Arrogance? i haven't been paying that much attention to those discussions but i saw it was breath damage and i assumed non elemental? Like i said, haven't paid attention to any of those discussions really, but with Earthen Armor and Scherzo, Arrogance isn't the problem anyway. Arrogance did 950ish to me on THF in that fight, and often for far less, the biggest threat is vorpal blade and CDC with NIN and THF tanks.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-02-04 00:55:00
Link | Citer | R

Vallation reduces the dmg by 30% with 2 Tenebrae Runes and Swordplay is a JA that functions like migawari.

Same time I know that using BRD+SMN makes Arrogance a joke as well as mitigating the multi hit dmg.
By pchan 2014-02-04 02:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Arrogance or accuracy it not the problem on the elvaan (acc only sucks for MR). The only problem with EV is his constant dispelling buffs. If the RUN works, then it has an element, I don't see how it would be contradictory with being breath damage. I still think 4 PLD with DD gear, ochains, and minimal mdt with basic buff would breeze though the fight. Contrary to what people spit everywhere the elvann is the AA with the least HP, but you have to kill 1.5x its HP because of bene.

From experience HM has incridible attack, GK has incredible high WS dmg, Taru incredible high magic damage (tier III for 1.5k), EV dispels non stop, and MR high EVA.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-04 02:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Swordplay is a JA that functions like migawari.

it doesn't, it only deactivates if you take severe damage, it doesn't reduce it for you.
By pchan 2014-02-08 13:39:03
Link | Citer | R

So apparently the BC are still packed, plutons are down to 130k ish which is garbage, even 6 man DM is starting to fade which I assume is due to TH actualy being efficient in D/VD single battles (forcing craft mats to drop more often).

Difficult SKC20 battles have ~1/6 chance of dropping from experience, take 5 minutes to kill. SKC20 battle are way too long to be worth the gil/hour. Cannot break 4M per hour spamming SKC20 the fastest of which is demons since you don't have to zone.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-08 19:06:25
Link | Citer | R

In related news, pchan still can't handle VD fights. Tune back in at 11:00, and we'll give you your weekly ADL update.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23