Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-01 14:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Loire said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
For people wanting to know why the AA's do such ridiculous damage on D/VD, it's because LCF is still applied and they have a 4.0 cRatio cap. The iLevel system doesn't apply to LCF it seems, so even having 119 gear on everything your still treated as a level 99 character vs a level 119 opponent (N) or even higher (D/VD). Now imagine what a level 126 NM would do to a level 99 player.
Believe your are jumping to your own conclusions on this one going off your own speculation.

ilvl128+ NMs in Delve 2.0 would be impossible to beat if this were the case. In regards to the AA's it might just be the case.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-01 14:23:50
Link | Citer | R

there is no level correction for adoulin areas according to se.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 14:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Sky isnt in Adoulin though, so he isnt necessarily wrong.
 Asura.Loire
Serveur: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-04-01 15:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
ilvl128+ NMs in Delve 2.0 would be impossible to beat if this were the case. In regards to the AA's it might just be the case.
Just because there is no level correction in Adoulin, does not mean level correction was kept in the post-adoulin released high tier battlefields, nor does it mean it wasn't.

Speculation aside, we would see a rather noticeable change in a few more mechanics then just taking more max possible damage. As an example, we would see some rather telling ws numbers when flashy shot was popped with a WS.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-01 16:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

which is why it's a good benchmark for similar level content or to determine if level correction applies.
By pchan 2014-04-02 01:39:22
Link | Citer | R

There is no level correction in those BC, but the stats are incredibly higher on later tiers, so it's pretty much the same. VD takes at least twice as much time to kill than D for instance. I'm not necessarily talking about Ark Angels.

For instance the demon SKCNM takes ~4:30 to clear with a melee setup on difficult using 3 mnks (buffs included) while they take 15 minutes to clear on VD with the same setup using a madrigal instead of a gimp minuet. I know because I tried to spam them at one point to farm AF mats. The difference doesn't come from accuracy, in both case you cap with sushis. The difference likely comes from defense only (2-3x more ?).
By pchan 2014-04-02 02:08:48
Link | Citer | R

EV has a great damage taken reduction after he usues invicible. Floored fstr doesn't explain why damage is divided by 3. If you consider that even with 2500 defense on MNK/BLU the HM can deal more than 2k DMG, you can have an idea of its attack so it not exagerated to think than EV has something as ridiculous as 5k def either.
 Bismarck.Inference
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-02 02:59:58
Link | Citer | R

My bad, forgot about rPDIF being the same between 0.9 and 1.1 since I hadn't considered it would be so low while still fully buffed, sorry.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 03:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Pchan is almost certainly right about this
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-02 03:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

which is why it's a good benchmark for similar level content or to determine if level correction applies.

Level correction is still applied on Morta, Crystal Dragon and other high level fights made prior to SoA. We know SE removed LCF for SoA and just gave everything really high stats to compensate, and in return we just applied even more buffs then usual.

On Normal AA (level 119) fights I'm buffed to extreme levels on WAR and UF / Upheavel doesn't hit near as high as it does on Delve MBs (other 119 content) while under similiar buffs. Now SE could of given the AA's really high stats, but I'm of the opinion they did the lazy thing (this is SE) and simply increased their levels accordingly which would create an artificial ceiling on damage. It would account for us doing less damage on AA's then we do on Tojil (Attack aura and all) while explaining the insane damage scaling for their offensive attacks.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-02 04:02:33
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »
EV has a great damage taken reduction after he usues invicible. Floored fstr doesn't explain why damage is divided by 3. If you consider that even with 2500 defense on MNK/BLU the HM can deal more than 2k DMG, you can have an idea of its attack so it not exagerated to think than EV has something as ridiculous as 5k def either.

It definitely can't have 5K defense or we'd be constantly hitting for 0 quite often. Same with your defense, if it had 5000 attack then there would be no difference in damage intake between using berserk / LR and not using them, yet there is. That 2K damage with 2500 defense is easily explaining if you imagine the boss is getting a free +1.35 cRatio along with the +1.0 from crit and the cap being 4.0. Could also explain the dramatic slow damage in damage on VD, a -1.35 cRatio would really really suck.

:Note: That's assuming they are level 126 on VD, based solely on us finding regular monsters that high. I haven't seen nor heard of anyone actually trying to test to see what level they would be other then (higher then 119).
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-02 04:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Whether level correction is present should be testable via flashy shot, yes? Assuming Anyone still has that merited. <,<;;

Use flashy shot, or maybe flashy shot+EES, and if it hits hella hard, then there was level correction at work. If this is the case, I'd imagine some of the mathy'er folks around here could figure out the level difference given player stats and some damage samples.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-02 04:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Whether level correction is present should be testable via flashy shot, yes? Assuming Anyone still has that merited. <,<;;

I think because the fights are such enmity controlled events nobody every thought to use FS as most do SS/Recycle. FS is kinda pointless nowadays since there is no LCF in SoA.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-02 04:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Which is why I had doubts that anyone would still have it. Pretty much, some one would need to put a merit into it specifically to test things. <,<;

But, assuming you can find someone to do that, it should be a viable test method.
By pchan 2014-04-02 09:26:24
Link | Citer | R

It definitely can't have 5K defense or we'd be constantly hitting for 0 quite often. Same with your defense, if it had 5000 attack then there would be no difference in damage intake between using berserk / LR and not using them, yet there is. That 2K damage with 2500 defense is easily explaining if you imagine the boss is getting a free +1.35 cRatio along with the +1.0 from crit and the cap being 4.0. Could also explain the dramatic slow damage in damage on VD, a -1.35 cRatio would really really suck.

:Note: That's assuming they are level 126 on VD, based solely on us finding regular monsters that high. I haven't seen nor heard of anyone actually trying to test to see what level they would be other then (higher then 119).
Lowest pdif is not 0 and at 5k def anyway the gimpest DD is getting at least 1k att with a bard. That is 0.2 pdif multiplied by the ilevel 119 weapon damage it is going to be in the range of 50 ish damage
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-02 16:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Lowest pdif is not 0 and at 5k def anyway the gimpest DD is getting at least 1k att with a bard. That is 0.2 pdif multiplied by the ilevel 119 weapon damage it is going to be in the range of 50 ish damage

There most certainly is a lower bound of 0 at really low cRatio.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/File:Mot_Melee_pDIF.png

5K defense would put people under 0.5, most under 0.3 which has a lower limit of 0.

And ... NQ BRD's should be doing double haste's with no Minuet in sight.
[+]
By pchan 2014-04-03 01:56:03
Link | Citer | R

The lower bound on cratio is not 0, people should stop spreading the same *** on every site. Just because you quote BG doesn't make it right. Last I checked I'm the one that made the current cratio model. This is easily tested by stacking defense and getting hit by level 60 ish mobs. The lower bound on cratio is something like 0.25. This means that regarless of the mob defense there is always a minimum for which you will hit for. With a typical 220 total damage on mnk fists you hit a minimum for ~44 prior to pdt/parry/block etc ...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-03 11:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Last I checked I'm the one that made the current cratio model.
Thats a wonderful case of argument:
"I know its right because I made it"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23