Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-25 14:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Kimble2013 said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Also, pre-order doesnt mean its a 100% sale. You can still cancel before the game comes out.

Money wasn't withdrawn from your account? Because it was from mine. You can do a return, but that happens on most items you buy, you have the option of returning them.

I pre-ordered on Amazon for digital download. Do not get charged till the game releases.

I pre-ordered from 2 different places (greenman gaming and somewhere else), money was immediately withdrawn from my account.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Also, pre-order doesnt mean its a 100% sale. You can still cancel before the game comes out.

Money wasn't withdrawn from your account? Because it was from mine. You can do a return, but that happens on most items you buy, you have the option of returning them.

I pre-ordered on Amazon for digital download. Do not get charged till the game releases.

I pre-prdered from 2 different places (greenman gaming and somewhere else), money was immediately withdrawn from my account.

PSN took my money same day. They should have made the early access for people who paid in full only. Would have cut down on a ton of congestion from people with no monetary commitment or the 5.00 grab-a-codes at GameStop and then switch the reserve to something else.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:23:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Evandis said: »
Saturday was release day for pre-order people. Therefore we have every right to be upset as people who go into the store on the 27th buy it and get the same issues.

No, that is not release day, lol.
 Siren.Knivesz
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 14:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Release day will see much worse problems haha.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Saturday was release day for pre-order people. Therefore we have every right to be upset as people who go into the store on the 27th buy it and get the same issues.

You have to be the most daft person I know.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, every single MMO has problems when it releases. There is no way around it really.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Seriously, I think whats best for you is to cancel your pre-order and just wait a few weeks to play and get the game when the issues are ironed out.

Welcome to launching a New MMO. This is how it is for every single one.

There really isn't anything you can do and getting angry on these forums isn't getting to fix anything. Sorry dude.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-25 14:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, every single MMO has problems when it releases. There is no way around it really.

I agree.

I do not know why they have structured things the way they have, IT wise (it seems like their websites are on the same server/s as the game, since it is down when the servers are). I hope they improve that and other things. Otherwise the game is fine.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:28:38
Link | Citer | R

I agree.

I do not know why they have structured things the way they have, IT wise (it seems like their websites are on the same server/s as the game, since it is down when the servers are). I hope they improve that. Otherwise the game is fine.

I think the forums are just having issues because when the game is down, everyone runs over to the website to read updates, talk while maintenance is going on or just get angry and *** about maintenance.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-08-25 14:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Early Release is a soft release. The game is no longer in beta and has begun providing a service of entertainment to customers.

That being said, it is customary within the MMO field to have a reasonable amount of maints to fix issues associated with the launch of the game. As much as it annoys me to have to sit through them, the game has thus far gone off without too many internal problems. Quests are translated properly, FATES are working, quest NPCs and leves are operational.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Seriously, I think whats best for you is to cancel your pre-order and just wait a few weeks to play and get the game when the issues are ironed out.

Welcome to launching a New MMO. This is how it is for every single one.

There really isn't anything you can do and getting angry on these forums isn't getting to fix anything. Sorry dude.

I don't have a pre-order. I have a fully paid for game that I have already downloaded.

Don't give me this New MMO launch crap. You want to white knight, then white knight elsewhere.

During the beta when I was 3102'd I didn't complain, because I was owed nothing that weekend. Now that SE has my money and flaunts their no refund policy and they promised early access for that money and have not delivered, they owe me 60.00 or to stop limiting logins. Period.

Those of us who have already paid and received a copy deserve what we paid for. The end.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Serious question. How many MMO launches have you been apart of?
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Easily more than 15.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Easily more than 15.

And all of them launched without a hitch?
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Easily more than 15.

And all of them launched without a hitch?

I don't care about the errors. You seem to be completely unaware of what is going on with FFXIV.

The audacity of SE to think it is okay to just pick and choose who can login every time they decide they are going to do a maintenance is absurd.

SE's action plan is a joke. Problem found. Okay server maintenance to fix it. Yay, we fixed it. Now we will only allow 10% of you to login to confirm we fixed it. Okay it's fixed, removing login throttling procedures. Yay, you can log in. 5 minutes of playing. Oh crap we didn't fix anything. Another 3 hours of maintenance. Rinse. Repeat.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

I am completely aware of whats happening. But that still all falls under what im talking about.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:57:05
Link | Citer | R

I am completely aware of whats happening. But that still all falls under what im talking about.

No. What Square Enix is doing is acceptable under a beta. This is not a beta.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 15:06:56
Link | Citer | R

I am curious as to how many ppl are on at any given moment on each server. One of the threads on here has a link claiming there were 1.7k people in a server and that isn't even alot.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-08-25 15:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Considering the game is supposed to be "fully live" in about 24 hours, their infrastructure/servers aren't ready, and they need to push their deadline a week.

In the same way that when you design an electrical system, you need to account for inrush as well as maximum and normal loads.

They should have the capability of stimulating their servers with client mock-ups already, since this isn't their first MMO; but ah well. I'm sure someone decided that would cost too much.

It has been through quite a few betas, and the fact that it is pre-order allows them to have a pretty damn good estimate of what the upper load boundary is...

I have to say, once you are in the game, it is impressively smooth, although I have some pet peeves (particularly the targeting/movement/camera system/use of escape key).
By Hendo 2013-08-25 15:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Listen to yourselves. How many mmo launches have ever gone off without a hitch? None.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-08-25 15:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Hendo said: »
Listen to yourselves. How many mmo launches have ever gone off without a hitch? None.

This already launched, flopped, and is now being relaunched. Reasonable maintenance isn't bopping the servers up and down every few hours.

These kinds of issues (connection and load) are well described issues, with well known and straightforward solutions.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-25 15:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Just got locked in an instance fight, all objectives cleared and couldn't exit. Now I can't log in at all, 90000 and 10102 or something, even the lobby server keeps dropping out. I smell another maintenance coming!
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 15:42:21
Link | Citer | R

At this point,its a little foolish to say this game is the same as before when they are totally different games.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 16:02:54
Link | Citer | R

At this point it is foolish to defend SE with what you keep repeating. I seem to remember people white knighting all the horrid login issues during the beta, pointing out that it was a beta and it would be fixed in a week's time for the early access. Well here we are at the early access in no better shape. So we will play this white knighting game again until Tuesday, where I am quite interested in what excuses are used then.
 Cerberus.Mirril
Serveur: Cerberus
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-08-25 16:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Knivesz said: »
I am curious as to how many ppl are on at any given moment on each server. One of the threads on here has a link claiming there were 1.7k people in a server and that isn't even alot.
Considering every time I've ever done a search there are 200+ people IN THE SAME ZONE WITH ME something tells me that 1.7k is off by just a tad.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 16:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mirril said: »
Siren.Knivesz said: »
Considering every time I've ever done a search there are 200+ people IN THE SAME ZONE WITH ME something tells me that 1.7k is off by just a tad.

Yeah I tried to do /sea all as well and it always said only the 200+ for the zone I was in, never the total number of ppl on in the world, so I'm not sure how that guy got the 1.7k number.
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
Serveur: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-08-25 16:45:36
Link | Citer | R

cut it out
By Raborn 2013-08-25 16:54:55
Link | Citer | R

All I gotta say is SE better do something and fast with only 2 days til the actual opening of the game and for all of us pre-order patrons,we should get an extra free month of playing time seeing as this horrible mess-up occurred across the entire game multiple times limiting our play time to virtually nothing over these last 2 days, including me being a 1.0 player and not being able to log into a legacy server. Because its full? DA FU....?