(Everyone) (Gather Together.)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » (Everyone) (Gather together.)
(Everyone) (Gather together.)
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Xiong
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 15:37:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm asking for everyone's help, not for me alone, but for all of us who have been banned for gardening. Please write to the STF(Special Task Force) via www.playonline.com site > Service & Support > Email Support > Report to Special Task Force > Report Type: Comments and Suggestions to STF > your email here.

Fellow players, we need to band together to make this right! The STF has banned very many legit players because they gardened and sold their harvests to NPC's. We can't allow this to happen, next thing you know, YOU will be getting banned for camping a NM more than once. What's next? We can't let them ruin this game for us.

Do this not for me, but for your friends who have been banned as well. If you don't know anyone, then do this for yourself because losing 5,000+ legit players only means this game is going to close down earlier for you. Do this for yourself! To prevent future wrongfully banned players, it could be you, your friends and family.

You can also write to:

Account Management
999 Sepulveda Blvd., 3rd Floor
El Segundo, CA 90245

Tel: (310) 846-0345
Fax: (310) 846-0402

(Thank you.)(Everyone)(/bow)

P.S. That is the official online site, and the address was obtained from Better Business Bureau.
[+]
 Bahamut.Citag
Serveur: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-08 15:38:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

{full attack} SE! {all right!} I'm down I'll send something when I get home this evening.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 15:39:01
Link | Citer | R

THOSE *** *** BANNED ME FOR HOOKING IN SOUTHERN SAN D'ORIA!!!

STFU NEEDS TO GO DOWN!
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 15:59:35
Link | Citer | R

The best part about this is, lots of legit players get banned for trying to make honest gil, but *** like drax and aid on migard just finished relics with botted gil but SE dosen't give a ***.

I haven't been affected at all and it's pissing me off.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-08 15:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Banned for gardening? :-( That sucks. Hope SE listens if and when we fuss at them for it.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-08 16:02:29
Link | Citer | R

It may be a good idea for everyone who is banned to start trying to contact internet news sources.

When the PW ***hit the fan they got their ***together quick. Bad public PR is the best way to get companies to listen.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-07-08 16:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
When the PW ***hit the fan they got their ***together quick. Bad public PR is the best way to get companies to listen.

^
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-08 16:07:37
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
It may be a good idea for everyone who is banned to start trying to contact internet news sources.

Oh, that is a good idea.
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 16:12:05
Link | Citer | R

this is a quote from BG forums.

I have posted this in another thread but i feel inclined to post it here too since it concerns most of you here.

SE have mentioned in an interview before that they do read emails, and usually take action on the stuff that becomes apparent (aka from having too many emails on the same subject ) so please send SE a letter describing the situation as follows:

1- https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html
click on special task force> comment and suggestion

2- https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html
and click on comment and suggestion ( I think this goes to developers)

and if anyone want to take it to media:

1- Kotaku - About http://kotaku.com/about/
here you can find the emails of each of the editors and correspondents on the left side, you can explain the history of SE customer service. you can probably link the threads in BG so they can see the situation in detail.

2- Games Email http://games.ign.com/email.html
this send an email to the editorial team in IGN.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-08 16:24:47
Link | Citer | R

This is news to me. I haven't logged on in a week. They are banning people for gardening?! WTF is this about? I thought gardening was a way for people to make gil? Why would they include this legimit feature in the game and then ban people for it?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-08 16:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Ok so..I should be afraid of planting wildgrass seeds and npcing now?
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Ok so..I should be afraid of planting wildgrass seeds and npcing now?

I would be, for now at least. Seriously...
 Shiva.Ragnell
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-07-08 16:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Yup, one of my LS mates was banned for "suspect of RMT activity" because has a shitton for gardening
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 16:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Because many of us gardeners use more than one account to garden. The limitations of gardening is limited to the number of mules you have, and only 10 plants per character. So just because our proceeds are going to one main character they "assumed" we were RMTing it. If they would have checked properly they would have seen that we spent the gil on our characters, and not transferring gil to someone we never even had contact with in the game.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, what the hell is an SE investigation anyways?

"You guys make too much money, BAAAAAAAAAAANHAMMER!!!!!!!!!"

Doesn't sound like they did any investigating at all, outside of seeing some AH sales...
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 16:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I think they just investigated which characters grew and sold a particular harvest item from the garden. Everyone who did was then banned. They didn't want to check where the gil was going, too lazy imo. Now, with every legit player calling in, they have to go back and check where the gil was going. Call centers, Web chats are all backed up as well. So, lesson to be learned, don't be lazy, you'll have more work in the end. XD
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-08 16:33:57

Frobeus said:

In my area we have "call Curtis" you tell him whats wrong and he goes and tries to have the same experience, then blasts them out over the evening news. Its awesome. Whats really awesome is he does follow up and will see if the company/place/service whatever was fixed. One time it was our local airport security. He left a bag unclaimed and no one came to check on it for like hours. Then liek a week later after calling them out on it, he did it again, and STILL the same thing!
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-07-08 16:50:44
Link | Citer | R

from northern california area Citag? me too, lol. but this is straight BS. ive not been affected by it in any way (as of yet) but ill be sure to write them. i feel for ya guys.
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-08 16:53:52

Haha yeah I'm in sac
 Cerberus.Nieko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-08 17:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Citag said:
Haha yeah I'm in sac

why did i have to read this 4 times before realizing u meant Sacramento, which is not as funny as what i read the first 3 times.
 Odin.Mugeded
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 17:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Well SE is really starting to piss off a lot people, i mean right now i am thinking of not even touch ffiv when it comes out and move to blizzard's diablo3!!!!! {yes please!} Starcraft2!!!! {hell its about time!}
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Mugeded said:
Well SE is really starting to piss off a lot people, i mean right now i am thinking of not even touch ffiv when it comes out and move to blizzard's diablo3!!!!! {yes please!} Starcraft2!!!! {hell its about time!}

I cannot WAIT for Diablo III. Definitely picking that ***up!

And Starcraft 2 is not without it's share of controversy. The removal of LAN support is pissing a LOT of hardcore Starcraft fans off atm...there's a petition floating around
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-08 17:52:14

Nieko said:
Citag said:
Haha yeah I'm in sac

why did i have to read this 4 times before realizing u meant Sacramento, which is not as funny as what i read the first 3 times.

Lol I suppose that would sound pretty funny if one didnt realize what it meant lol.
 Odin.Mugeded
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 18:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Mugeded said:

I cannot WAIT for Diablo III. Definitely picking that ***up!

And Starcraft 2 is not without it's share of controversy. The removal of LAN support is pissing a LOT of hardcore Starcraft fans off atm...there's a petition floating around

HELL YEAH! i am still playing on battle.net for starcraft that will never ever ever ever get old!
the problem is the blizzard is pretty good at making qualitiy games (spell check)but they took a long asssss time to come out. i didnt really like warcraft3 but i love diablo2 LOD. and all the other game beside WoW.

Starcraft 2 I can't wait!
Diablo 3 i can wait for a bit.
 Hades.Slayerx
Serveur: Hades
user: Slayerx
By Hades.Slayerx 2009-07-08 19:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Citag said:
Haha yeah I'm in sac

Me too^^

And ya, I have not been affected, but I will be writing them also. I would be pissed if it happened to me.
 Asura.Skinwalker
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-08 20:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Xiong said:
Yeah, I think they just investigated which characters grew and sold a particular harvest item from the garden. Everyone who did was then banned. They didn't want to check where the gil was going, too lazy imo. Now, with every legit player calling in, they have to go back and check where the gil was going. Call centers, Web chats are all backed up as well. So, lesson to be learned, don't be lazy, you'll have more work in the end. XD

They didn't bother checking because THEY actually didn't do anything, it's all automated.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/2008_-_(12/24/2008)_Special_Task_Force_Report

So they set their watchdog to look for multiple characters gardening on one account with the gil being transfered to one character. Since all the gil is being sent to one person you MUST be an RMT right? BANNED! Seems to be that the people with double digit mules were the most targeted. So far only one person with less than 10 mules has spoken up on being banned in the thread on alla.
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 20:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Yes of course I knew that they didn't check, because I and many of us are banned. When none of us have done anything wrong.

But, I do laugh at them now, because now they have to check us to see we haven't done anything. Call centers, Web chats are backed up. Its kind of funny, all fingers point at STF! XD
 Phoenix.Joz
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2009-07-08 20:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Citag said:
Frobeus said:

In my area we have "call Curtis" you tell him whats wrong and he goes and tries to have the same experience, then blasts them out over the evening news. Its awesome. Whats really awesome is he does follow up and will see if the company/place/service whatever was fixed. One time it was our local airport security. He left a bag unclaimed and no one came to check on it for like hours. Then liek a week later after calling them out on it, he did it again, and STILL the same thing!

lmao I work at Sacramento airport (for TSA) and a lot of times they tape it at an angle so it looks like the bag is by itself. Many times bags do look like they belong to someone. But oh well :) I have caught a few unattended bags myself and I always call the police/upper management on them.

Also the same people that complain about airport security (TSA) are the same people that complained about wanting something done after 9/11. I'm just doing my job and if you harass me for "keeping you safe" then you can gtfo and take a bus.

As for the OT, I will email SE to help, it's quite unjust of them for being so lazy :\ Sorry to hear!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 20:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Joz said:
Also the same people that complain about airport security (TSA) are the same people that complained about wanting something done after 9/11. I'm just doing my job and if you harass me for "keeping you safe" then you can gtfo and take a bus.

You should see the grief my sister in law gets every time she flys. She uses a cane because she blew out her knee during the Gulf War, and every freaking time, without fail, they wanna confiscate it. Her freaking cane. She wears a brace on her knee full time and they try to take that from her half the time, too. Why? Because it sets off the metal detector. Well, Duh? It's a freaking knee brace...

It adds at least 20 minutes to every security checkpoint because a supervisor needs to be called every single time.

So yeah...maybe a little more training would be in order there, especially in terms of analyzing the big picture, at least, in the airports we travel through...
 Phoenix.Joz
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2009-07-08 21:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

You should see the grief my sister in law gets every time she flys. She uses a cane because she blew out her knee during the Gulf War, and every freaking time, without fail, they wanna confiscate it. Her freaking cane. She wears a brace on her knee full time and they try to take that from her half the time, too. Why? Because it sets off the metal detector. Well, Duh? It's a freaking knee brace...

It adds at least 20 minutes to every security checkpoint because a supervisor needs to be called every single time.

So yeah...maybe a little more training would be in order there, especially in terms of analyzing the big picture, at least, in the airports we travel through...

I'm really sorry for your sister. They can't confiscate her cane. They can give her a wooden one to use when she walks through but if she has a knee brace she would have to do secondary screening. I know it sucks but I guess the point is "anyone can be a terrorist".

I totally agree with you about training though. It's extremely inconsistent throughout the nation, espcially since not every airport uses Dept. of Homeland Secuirty and can contract TSA through another organization. But really what needs to be done is make it more aware to the public why we do the things we do other than the fact to keep people safe from "terrorists". People still don't understand the water thing, or shoe thing, etc.

I hate traveling because of TSA too, lmao. And yes, last time I traveled I forgot to take off my belt and they threw away my water bottle. And yes, I did roll my eyes at them! XD
First Page 2