Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 54 55 56
By eliroo 2016-12-20 11:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
So I just beat the game today.

For me:

crimsondragon said: »
Doesn't even need to be negative pressure. Just some honest criticism can go along way instead of bowing at SEs feet being thankful they took the time to put together a half *** game.

There is difference between positive criticism and negative criticism. On one end you have people thrashing the game because it is missing story elements and on the other end you have people who have enjoyed the game but are discontent with the lack of story elements. The first is stupid and the latter makes sense.

SE has already received criticism though and they are already planning on making changes. So I'm not sure what you are getting at.

If there is one thing SE is good at, it is making up their faults to their fan base.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 11:46:46
Link | Citer | R

I don't think I've seen anyone with nothing bad to say about the game tbh so I'm not sure where the belief that everyone is blindly cheering it on comes from.

I did not cry during this game, drac says it's because I'm a heartless Canadian. I think it's because Drakengard 3 drained my tears never to be returned.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-20 12:19:33
Link | Citer | R

On another note, I finally manned up and did Pitioss yesterday and man... Whoever designed that place is really evil. The dungeon itself is amazing and respectable but the invisible walls and "extra steps" make it annoying at times.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 12:22:49
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
On another note, I finally manned up and did Pitioss yesterday and man... Whoever designed that place is really evil. The dungeon itself is amazing and respectable but the invisible walls and "extra steps" make it annoying at times.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-21 13:46:33
Link | Citer | R

There is difference between positive criticism and negative criticism. On one end you have people thrashing the game because it is missing story elements and on the other end you have people who have enjoyed the game but are discontent with the lack of story elements. The first is stupid and the latter makes sense.

Why is the first stupid? They paid for a half *** put together game.

SE has already received criticism though and they are already planning on making changes. So I'm not sure what you are getting at.

If there is one thing SE is good at, it is making up their faults to their fan base.

No.. The fan base points out the faults before and during the game making process and SE ignores them.

Then! They "see the error of their ways" and try and appease so the fan base buys the next half *** game they put out and the cycle continues.

This iteration of the FF title was at most enjoyable. But you have to be so far up SEs *** to consider it a well made and thought out game.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-21 14:08:55
Link | Citer | R

No.. The fan base points out the faults before and during the game making process and SE ignores them.

Then! They "see the error of their ways" and try and appease so the fan base buys the next half *** game they put out and the cycle continues.

This iteration of the FF title was at most enjoyable. But you have to be so far up SEs *** to consider it a well made and thought out game.
The question is, with all your animosity towards SE, why do you continue to buy their games?
By eliroo 2016-12-21 14:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Can there not be aspects of the game that are well made and thought out?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-12-21 17:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Just beat the game today and it's indeed very conflicting.

I enjoyed the first half and was having fun with the gameplay, despite the only thing tugging me along being a rather uninteresting plot and incredibly bland fetch quests. The world, or at least that portion of it, was well fleshed out, and visiting tombs/completing dungeons kept it feeling varied enough with a decent sense of progression. The 4 main characters were also growing on me, and their interactions with each other, while being ultimately superficial, felt genuine.

And then everything just completely and utterly fell apart. I would have actually preferred the game had just ended after the battle at Altissia. It would have been more satisfying than what followed.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-21 17:48:07
Link | Citer | R

In your opinion.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-21 17:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy doesn't seem to be a priority for high standards for SE, but rather something they throw out to fill the demand. It shows ranging from their games to their MMOs with the 6 month gaps between "content" updates, if you can even call it that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-21 17:58:42
Link | Citer | R

More like 3 month gaps
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-21 17:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Didn't know Kali was a world first progression raider.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-21 18:37:49
Link | Citer | R

There was no merge. Square went bankrupt, Enix bought them and took their name, and fired most of their staff/lots of the staff quit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-21 18:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Vicious Zvahl said: »
There was no merge. Square went bankrupt, Enix bought them and took their name, and fired most of their staff/lots of the staff quit.

Kinda other way around... Squaresoft proper was doing fine, their Media arm (the part that did those movies) went bankrupt. Enix was doing ok but not that great, they had access to many Intellectual Properties but not the staff or leadership to see them to market. Enix had lots of money but the ability to grow that money. Squaresoft had lost a lot of money but was still viable, they had the products and the network but not the kinds of IP to really exploit those distribution networks and products. They both decided to merge so that Squaresoft got access to Enix's IP's and money while Enix got access to Squaresoft personal and name brand. Squaresoft NA was a small fraction of their total revenue though it's where they want to grow the most and where the largest gaming forecast was going to happen.

Here is a giant post with the links to all the sources and chronology of things.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744184

Square wasn't remotely close to going bankrupt, the bad sales of TSW just leached profits from them and they wanted to prevent that from happening again.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-21 21:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Kinda other way around... Squaresoft proper was doing fine, their Media arm (the part that did those movies) went bankrupt. Enix was doing ok but not that great, they had access to many Intellectual Properties but not the staff or leadership to see them to market. Enix had lots of money but the ability to grow that money. Squaresoft had lost a lot of money but was still viable, they had the products and the network but not the kinds of IP to really exploit those distribution networks and products. They both decided to merge so that Squaresoft got access to Enix's IP's and money while Enix got access to Squaresoft personal and name brand. Squaresoft NA was a small fraction of their total revenue though it's where they want to grow the most and where the largest gaming forecast was going to happen.

Here is a giant post with the links to all the sources and chronology of things.

Square wasn't remotely close to going bankrupt, the bad sales of TSW just leached profits from them and they wanted to prevent that from happening again.
Welll... I'm a dumb. Even so, It was done for Enix's capital, and they lost Sakaguchi. I'd heard they lost a lot of other long time employees as well, but I can't seem to easily find much on it. Not a lot was great about the merger for Square, really, but I guess they really suffered moreso from the leadership of Wada. I also don't buy the claim about both companies being back to their peaks before the merge.
By voiceless 2016-12-21 22:27:59
Link | Citer | R

The only good cut scenes in 15 was the camp and the ending sequence everything else was rushed the train scene was actually amazing i think they were in rush when designing that scene and skipped a lot from the story thats what made the game really average for me.

in the other hand lost odyssey can be bought through xbox one now i picked a copy from my uncle and started playing it again never finished it saw my old save level 38 but went back from the start and wow how amazing the story is and the novel dream sequence parts makes you cry like a little kid. Here's a sequence 3-4 hours into the game.this game deserves a 10 reviewer said it was so old school but thats what we want in JRPGS
YouTube Video Placeholder
By crimsondragon 2016-12-21 23:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

The question is, with all your animosity towards SE, why do you continue to buy their games?

Only the FF title and I didn't buy 13, and they won't be getting anything from me for the DLC for 15. Any other game I pick up if it has SE on it I put it back on the proverbial self.

The only reason I picked up 15 was because I "heard" a lot of good things about it this time around. I'm not above giving SE ANOTHER chance.

The interesting part is I've said over and over the game is decent. The part people seem to be having problems computing is, they should have made it better. The tools are there to make an epic game. they just choose not to.

Seems some people have a hard time accepting the fact SE is a horrible company and just happen to the rights to Final Fantasy.

Can there not be aspects of the game that are well made and thought out?

Sure, that is why the game is at least playable. You'd think with all the technology and advancements in gaming they would strive to make it better than just playable. I've played better 8-bit games technology wise ffs.
By crimsondragon 2016-12-21 23:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cherche said: »
In your opinion.

In anyone's opinion that cares to hold it up to any kind of scrutiny.

Welll... I'm a dumb.

No, just ill informed.
By voiceless 2016-12-21 23:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Welll... I'm a dumb. Even so, It was done for Enix's capital, and they lost Sakaguchi. I'd heard they lost a lot of other long time employees as well, but I can't seem to easily find much on it. Not a lot was great about the merger for Square, really, but I guess they really suffered moreso from the leadership of Wada. I also don't buy the claim about both companies being back to their peaks before the merge.

Dude no Sakaguchi was working on Chrono Break Square cancelled it for FFXI that was the last game Sakaguchi worked with square and thats when they decided to leave to create mist walker first 2 games were blue dragon and lost odyssey followed by last story. i heard theres a new ip coming this year or the next for console and 1 mobile game too but who cares about mobile games.

Here's the new concept art

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-22 01:09:30
Link | Citer | R

For the sealed dungeon that has 60 floors and doesn't allow items (was it Costlemark Tower?) how do you people handle healing?

Do the regen accessories work? Max HP regen is normally inhibited in dungeons.
How many "camps" are there? One every 10 floors?
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-22 08:23:47
Link | Citer | R

In your opinion.

In anyone's opinion that cares to hold it up to any kind of scrutiny.
Plenty of scrutiny, I just don't have some silly "Final Fantasy must be exactly this or it's trash" that a fair number of people here seem to have.

The only complaint I've seen that isn't 100% subjective is the lock-on system with large enemies. But there isn't a single game with massive enemies that the camera doesn't flip out on. Examples being Legend of Zelda, Shadow of the Colossus, Soulsborne, Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-22 08:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
For the sealed dungeon that has 60 floors and doesn't allow items (was it Costlemark Tower?) how do you people handle healing?

Do the regen accessories work? Max HP regen is normally inhibited in dungeons.
How many "camps" are there? One every 10 floors?

One every 10 rooms and I used Overwhelm a lot and warp strike (with the crit buff for short range) with a greatsword to break the mobs quickly and make them faster to kill so I wouldn't lose too much HP

Bring lots of magic too. Limit Break magic of different types is really nice (farm Zu beaks to use as material for magic)
By eliroo 2016-12-22 08:38:26
Link | Citer | R

I actually think that SE handled bigger monsters just fine, compared to other titles at least. Adamantoise being the worst offender, but wasn't too bad.

The problem was the stupid trees.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-22 09:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Plenty of scrutiny
If you don't think it's terrible you aren't scrutinizing hard enough tho!

Adamantoise being the worst offender, but wasn't too bad.
Ok I've avoided talking about the things I hate in the game because I'm lazy and don't see a point in moaning about what the game is not... but Adamatoise was terrible, it was an ambitious undertaking on their part, it was cool to think about and I'm glad to see SE got adventurous with mob size. But the camera was so bad in that fight the only time I bothered looking was to throw magic at it's feet :x Just the fight in general was terrible, you can do it with with a bigger %age of afk hitting a couple buttons than playing most jobs in FF XI.

I'm not saying other games do them well either. Giant mobs in games will always have this issue if they want to keep the camera close to the action instead of zooming way out. Just that *** is the only way to describe the camera in that fight lol.
By eliroo 2016-12-22 09:29:43
Link | Citer | R

I didn't think it was too terrible. Only problem was ending up inside of him. The Camera usually went aerial when I was poking his flip-flaps.

But I was comparing it to other other games, in my phrasing of "wasn't too bad".

Actually, come to think of it the worst offender of Camera issues was probably Nalfgar or w/e the 120 mob was you fought for Zwill. The random camera jumps were so annoying.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-22 10:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Bring lots of magic too. Limit Break magic of different types is really nice (farm Zu beaks to use as material for magic)
Got it.

Did you mean "Regroup" instead of Overwhelm though? Because Regroup heals, Overwhelm does not and ends sooner than expected if your target dies fast. (it doesn't "move" to the next target alive)

I think I'm gonna be fine against normal mobs, I'm more worried about bosses, I use a lot of items on the hard ones
By crimsondragon 2016-12-22 10:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Plenty of scrutiny, I just don't have some silly "Final Fantasy must be exactly this or it's trash" that a fair number of people here seem to have.

What thread are you reading? I haven't seen one person that has said this.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-12-22 11:27:13
Link | Citer | R

What thread are you reading? I haven't seen one person that has said this.

You literally said

Quote:
Seems some people have a hard time accepting the fact SE is a horrible company and just happen to the rights to Final Fantasy.

The implications are very apparent in this response.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-22 11:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Didn't know Kali was a world first progression raider.
I don't raid, don't have the schedule to nor do I consider that content that most people partake in. Even if you can, it's not enjoyable content unless you have a competent group that's willing to learn from their mistakes. Good luck with that.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
More like 3 month gaps
roughly 3-5 months
So we're most likely looking at a 5 month gap after next update, maybe 4. If you maintain your subscription between each of these updates you're looking at an average of $51.76 (before retainer costs...), then you add on the cost of a new expansion. I personally don't think the cost is worth what you get in return (maybe because I look at both of our costs together), but that's only my opinion so not worth very much.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 54 55 56