By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-19 16:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Just be careful if you’re making light or fusion skillchains
 Asura.Lanun
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Lanun 2018-09-19 18:16:51
Link | Citer | R

I go with Arciela1 for Haste2 over King of Hearts to avoid his AoE.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-20 08:39:37
Link | Citer | R

just those 2. but both DD and MAY kill the mobs.
iirc you dual box don't you? i'd bring an alt and have it cast the highest form of haste on you.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-20 12:55:08
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Are you getting 40 MAB without DM? What stones?

Assume referring to my herc boots. Yes, they are DM.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sirtaint
Serveur: Asura
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-20 15:29:58
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
just those 2. but both DD and MAY kill the mobs.
iirc you dual box don't you? i'd bring an alt and have it cast the highest form of haste on you.
I am making 2x TP bonus guns atm so both chars are busy. I am using RNG for the extra Recycle (so I can afk longer without having to equip more ammo). I guess I could just sub RDM and put Haste in my txt file come to think about it.

Add bullets/arrows to your LUA function like below:

gear.RAbullet = "X Bullet"
gear.WSbullet = "Y Bullet"
gear.MAbullet = "Z Bullet"
options.ammo_warning_limit = 15

Then add Ammo into your swaps. Then just have the amount of ammo you'll need in your inventory. You can AFK for a full day this way if you want and not run out.
By fonewear 2018-09-20 15:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
My initial thought before any testing on this is the following- Gastra needs as much STP as you can to get to Trueflight (and any TP overflow is just gravy for that weaponskill) as fast as possible. While you might notice a difference in your white damage, no other ranged weapon has such a disparity between TP phase/WS phase (maybe Death Penalty, but this is a Ranger Forum), and a little more on your crossbow bolt shots won't change this. You'd have to probably multiply the damage dealt by TP shots by a factor of 5 to come close to seeing something worth gearing for.

Now, I do think the JSE neck might have a role in Annihilator and Armageddon builds, both of which deal better base damage before AM, and will definitely deal a helluva lot more damage with the AM up over Gastraphetes.

In regards to "is 25 AGI worth more than 13 MAB"? (JSE+2 neck versus Baetyl Pendant) Its gonna depend a LOT on your current Trueflight Build. If your build is hurting for MAB, the Baetyl pendant should win out easily. Otherwise, you probably will see a slight boost with the AGI.

And most top-tier Rangers are actually hurting for MAB these days in their Trueflight builds with the introduction of AF+3 head and Relic+3 legs- two great WSD pieces but both have zero MAB. Our sets (best in slot that is) prior to the release of these pieces included Herculean head and legs augmented with MAB/macc and WSD, so the loss of those two pieces probably means a loss of around 40MAB to gain 12-16 WSD. A good trade, but it makes high MAB in the waist,ears,rings, and neck even more valuable.

I think an interesting debate will be once we see some fully augmented +2 Ranger Neckpieces and compare them against Fotia for Last Stand. That's some serious AGI to put into the number crunching.
Agree RNG could use some magic attack gear without herc stuff. But this SE...who knows if they will ever add any.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-20 15:53:20
Link | Citer | R

Relic head and legs +3 have 0 mab, not sure why you would use them over Herculean for a Trueflight set. You can get potentially 35 MAB 5 WSD on trousers, although let's say you are getting something more reasonable like 4 WSD 30 MAB. Even if you had 0 WSD from other sources (best case for relic pants) you'd need something like MAB +420 before the marginal gains from 30 additional MAB was lower than the 6 WSD marginal gain. RNG is never going to get anywhere near MAB+420. Head is a bit different because there is a large AGI difference on the two, although head has 10 additional base MAB to make up for this.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-20 16:30:42
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say it's that bad. I have herculean hands and legs with 30+ MAB and 3 WSD although I've filtered a lot of other higher damage augments because I also want more than 30 macc. I didn't spend more than 500 pellucid stones getting these although even at current prices 1000 pellucid stones is literally less than 1~2% the cost of relic legs (and much less effort.)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-20 19:22:19
Link | Citer | R

I've easily spent over 3000 fern stones on herc legs, head, and feet. I've never once seen 5wsd combined with more than 7mab- only my experiences, but combined with others more lucky, still it's ugly numbers.

I always compare to 30mab, 4wsd. That's still a killer augment, but at least relatively reasonable.

And again, I use the af+3 head and relic+3 legs in my trueflight set because of those herc boots with 47mab and that the relic legs outparse my mab+26/wsd+4 herc legs, in any combination of gear options I have, both with and without geo and cor buffs (acumen and wizards roll).

Trueflight is my baby, my lover in the night. I don't make changes without heavy testing. For me, there's no comparison. Af+3/relic+3 ftw.
By fonewear 2018-09-20 19:32:41
Link | Citer | R

I’ve done countless DM augments and I think 38 MAB was the best I could get for herc. We should have MAB already on reforge armor.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-20 19:37:26
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I’ve done countless DM augments and I think 38 MAB was the best I could get for herc. We should have MAB already on reforge armor.

Watch SE put it on the empy hands.... you know, the ones with all that +archery skill... that would make total sense to them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-20 19:45:49
Link | Citer | R

I've easily spent over 3000 fern stones on herc legs, head, and feet. I've never once seen 5wsd combined with more than 7mab- only my experiences, but combined with others more lucky, still it's ugly numbers.

I always compare to 30mab, 4wsd. That's still a killer augment, but at least relatively reasonable.

And again, I use the af+3 head and relic+3 legs in my trueflight set because of those herc boots with 47mab and that the relic legs outparse my mab+26/wsd+4 herc legs, in any combination of gear options I have, both with and without geo and cor buffs (acumen and wizards roll).

Trueflight is my baby, my lover in the night. I don't make changes without heavy testing. For me, there's no comparison. Af+3/relic+3 ftw.

I don't see how you're getting these results. I've got DM augmented gear too (+49 MAB +25 MACC 10 AGI herculean helm, +17 MAB +40 MACC 8 WSD feet) yet I'm still using herculean trousers over relic legs. RNG simply cannot get enough MAB to justify 10 WSD over 30+ MAB and 3~4 WSD. Please post some screenshots of 3000 TP Trueflights on level 1 mobs. I'll test my own swaps tomorrow and see if I get better results with the relic legs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-21 12:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

I don't see how you're getting these results. I've got DM augmented gear too (+49 MAB +25 MACC 10 AGI herculean helm, +17 MAB +40 MACC 8 WSD feet) yet I'm still using herculean trousers over relic legs. RNG simply cannot get enough MAB to justify 10 WSD over 30+ MAB and 3~4 WSD. Please post some screenshots of 3000 TP Trueflights on level 1 mobs. I'll test my own swaps tomorrow and see if I get better results with the relic legs.

Will gladly do so once I get set back up. Just moved cross country, should get to it over the weekend.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-21 18:05:44
Link | Citer | R

My results on a wild rabbit (both at 20.1 distance)

Herculean Trousers augments - 3 mnd 20 macc 34 mab 2 wsd augments

Arcadian braccae +3

So even just okay Herculean Trousers should perform better. Head will perform even better because they have mab +10 (although you lose 12 AGI instead of just 1 AGI)

Post deleted by User.
By monkey33333333 2018-09-22 05:40:19
Link | Citer | R

heyo all ^^ i wanted to ask the JSE neck +2 to you think 25 AGI will win over 13 magic att for TF/WF?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-23 07:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Is there any real use for Kyujutsugi?

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/27888/kyujutsugi

Nope
By Foxfire 2018-09-23 07:59:39
Link | Citer | R

lockstyle, fam
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-23 08:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Is there any real use for Kyujutsugi?

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/27888/kyujutsugi

It's still usable for low-enmity ranged TP sets.

Orion Body +2/3 will completely replace it, tho.
 Shiva.Darksniper
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2018-09-30 01:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Question, On preshot what would you prefer to have?
body="Arcadian Jerkin +3 or Amini Caban +1
And would you use Arcadian Jerkin +3 over Oshosi Vest +1?
On Stp I do use Oshosi Vest +1. Please advise
My Snapshot look like below;

body="Oshosi Vest +1",
hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",
legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks"(D),
feet="Meg. Jam. +2",
waist="Impulse Belt",
Back Snapshot Cape
By Foxfire 2018-09-30 01:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Depends on your flurry situation for preshots.
I think you can use oshosi > taeon, if anything.

for midshot body pieces, i'd personally be using orion+3 for midshot and arcadian+3 for doubleshot situations.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-30 14:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone actually tried scout's bolts? Given they're a Su5 synth, I can't imagine the light damage is inconsequential.

(I know, at first glance it seems prohibitively expensive, but for an event like divergence.. you're maxing around 2000 shots if you had literally no downtime. 2000 * .1(recycle) * .19(max scavenge) = ~38 bolts used. A high performance player may be willing to drop 10-15m to use them for a run if they are actually good.)
By Foxfire 2018-09-30 14:15:31
Link | Citer | R

You'd also need a proper xbow, innit
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 130 131 132