Link | Citer | R

OPTIMAL ONRY
 Bahamut.Darkone
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-05-17 07:49:29
Link | Citer | R

For the none boss delve weapons...

Seems what they did for almost every other weapon is ~.458 dmg per delay. With Gun and Bow being slightly higher at ~.49. I didn't check them all, but the sword, great sword, axe, dagger, katana, great axe, and H2H were all almost exactly the same. The club was the only one I checked that was lower.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-17 08:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Very nice job on the post.

Though you now have me considering making an SoA crossbow...more work to do in more time I don't have...damn you!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-17 14:42:32
Link | Citer | R

We'll have to see what they do with those bolts... 75 less base damage than the gun is going to hurt. They'll probably still pull ahead if oxidant/acid is applicable, and attack isn't capped.

I'll be including sets other than optimal, though it should be fairly easy to figure out with the stat hierarchies I posted. It will take me some time however (to post full sets), as fSTR2 caps, store tp values, etc. need to be taken into consideration. Single gear swaps, I'll just post underneath the set.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-17 14:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helel said: »
We'll have to see what they do with those bolts... 75 less base damage than the gun is going to hurt. They'll probably still pull ahead if oxidant/acid is applicable, and attack isn't capped. I'll be including sets other than optimal, though it should be fairly easy to figure out with the stat hierarchies I posted. It will take me some time however (to post full sets), as fSTR2 caps, store tp values, etc. need to be taken into consideration. Single gear swaps, I'll just post underneath the set.

Seems like the best bet. Don't necessarily need to post full downgrade sets the way some guides have, but touching on a few downgrades in text below the set seems like an ok way to go.

Also, I just really want crossbow to be relevant again. I (like so many others) leveled ranger in the glory days of the Othinus' Bow. As badass as gun can be, there's a thematic side to me that likes to use gun on Corsair and bow/crossbow on Ranger. /RoleplayFreak
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-18 06:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Been messing around with my sets and came up with new optimal sets when it comes to doing Legion/Delve NM's. Assuming 40% def. down (Dia II, x2 Light shot, Box step lvl. 2 and Geo Def. down Luopan). Buffs: Min x3 5/5 AF3+2 using average 18% Chaos Roll. Food: RCB

Coronach:
ItemSet 246993
Manibozho Brais: 15 R.att 10 R.acc 10AGI

Last Stand:
ItemSet 243446

Namas Arrow:
ItemSet 283476

I used Ig Alima as the target for DEF and VIT since exact values aren't known for Delve NM's.
[+]
By missdivine 2013-05-18 07:00:37
Link | Citer | R

]
Artemicion said: »
Obligatory artwork for OP.

Alternatively
the galka is much better. that mithra looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with those twisted/deformed legs
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-18 07:10:39
Link | Citer | R

RNG is probably the DD job I knew the least about. I am not a RNG, but reading this guide made me appreciate and understand them a lot more. We need more of them :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-18 13:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I didn't choose the galka because of the crossbow... no offense to crossbow people.
By Gimp 2013-05-18 13:31:41
Link | Citer | R

you really should have went with the pink ranger pic i mean it corresponds to the title PERFECTLY.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-18 14:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Gimp said: »
you really should have went with the pink ranger pic i mean it corresponds to the title PERFECTLY.

Considered that also, but then I figured people would be extremely confused. I may try to fit it in somewhere.
By Gimp 2013-05-19 00:24:42
Link | Citer | R

This will probably sound like an odd question but what events should rng be concerned about their hate and why is it a big deal? I can try to understand not wanting to mess up true shot distance(right?) to keep up the maximun dps but with the equivalent and appropriately geared dd wont they simply get hate back off of you with their own respective weaponskills and DoT?

Is it because PDT isn't enough with /war with berserk up and results in a one shot often in that short period of time?

Or do you mean an instance where the dds are holding hate off of you and are taking enough damage to lose their hate and yourself using last stand exclusively have moved up on the hate list so it's after you(but then I ask the second question again).

My understanding of CE/VE is mostly rudimentary at best and the fact I'm not around many great rngs very often or I don't do said events where the rng has to watch what their doing.

Granted, I do know an instance where Generic had to watch his hate because I was the only dd decent enough to "hold" Umagarkk with damage but easily lost my hate through losing tp too frequently from the nms normal attacks and staying in PDT constantly slowing my DPS and the other front line DD weren't doing enough damage to hold it off but it wasn't an ideal scenario.

To clarify I'm not being presumptuous in saying I do know but considering the possibilities where holding hate could be applicable and at the same time not knowing for sure when and why.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-19 00:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Given your likelihood of being away from the mob, pulling hate means DDs losing dps chasing down the mob as it comes to punch right through the paper that is your DEF.

Pulling hate against mobs with high damaging AoEs/Conals also risks bringing your mages in range of those attacks which can screw things up pretty royal.

Basically, since you don't melee the mob (usually), pulling hate can mess up more than "mob turned away from tank for 2 seconds."

Namas/Coronach are great hate-tools for RNG as it grants the ability to keep their foot on the gas in scenarios where your other DD may be having to keep PDT sets on standby, keeping your DPS more constant. RNGs without these tools often have to keep things in a lower gear to control hate which lowers your overall DPS.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-19 03:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin is probably the best example of a mob where you need to be concerned about your hate. You can't be moving him around on RNG, putting the rest of your alliance in AoE range.

Any fight similar to odin, where you're fighting it for an extended period of time, you need to watch your hate, not only for survival, but to avoid prolonging the fight.

In zerg situations, you don't usually need to watch your hate, as the length of decoy shot should be sufficient to prevent any large accumulation of enmity.

There is always the chance however, that you will pull hate, mob will start casting AoE spell on you, and screw everyone around you. Weapon skilling while a mob is casting is always a safe move however, as hate should shift by the time it finishes. Same goes for TP moves. Good RNGs can use this to their advantage.
[+]
By duos 2013-05-19 16:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Awesome job on the guide ! love that mithra pic
 Bahamut.Drazzago
Serveur: Bahamut
user: drazzago
By Bahamut.Drazzago 2013-05-20 01:08:56
Link | Citer | R

None of your WS sets have any STP in them, I am wondering how you are keeping your 4/5 hits without STP in WS sets.
 Phoenix.Brucie
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Demon
By Phoenix.Brucie 2013-05-20 01:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if to post here or on GW..that AutoRA in new windower 4...Counts as normal hit..So simple points and shoot till run out of ammo? So where can i do this!?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-20 02:27:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Drazzago said: »
None of your WS sets have any STP in them, I am wondering how you are keeping your 4/5 hits without STP in WS sets.

By TPing in more store TP. There's no reason to have store TP in your weapon skill gear, unless the gear would have been there regardless.
 Shiva.Kinzu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-05-23 07:32:54
Link | Citer | R

The 33 STP in the Yoichi set required for a 4 hit. Is that counting Relic +2 Head STP proc?

I see the WS sets includes Aluh Jambiya, and TP set includes Cara axe, which you obviously have to pick one or the other in your set because it isn't possible to use both. So in order to full time Aluh probably need to use Tyrants or Goading or even a Houyi's + a combo of something else correct?

Great guide by the way, thanks for your time!
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-23 14:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Been doing some Delve Boss runs lately. Extremely RNG oriented battles. The bee in particular is extremely evasive. Been trying to make a max ACC set. Any advice for this one:

ItemSet 301921
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-23 14:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Probably way overkill, but there is trailer's kukri if all that leaves you still needing more. I also think there's better Racc boots for Bow, but I can't remember name offhand.

EDIT: praeda sabatons, kheper gamashes/Khepri gamashes
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-23 15:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kinzu said: »
The 33 STP in the Yoichi set required for a 4 hit. Is that counting Relic +2 Head STP proc?

I see the WS sets includes Aluh Jambiya, and TP set includes Cara axe, which you obviously have to pick one or the other in your set because it isn't possible to use both. So in order to full time Aluh probably need to use Tyrants or Goading or even a Houyi's + a combo of something else correct?

Great guide by the way, thanks for your time!

For the store TP sets (as they are right now) I just included the bare minimum you would need (counting beret +2 procs) in your TP set for a 4-hit. I did however, create additional sets for gun that do take into account store TP for WS as well. I'll be doing the same for bow and crossbow as well.

And taint, that's pretty much what I use, except, if you can find them somewhere, the hexed boots have a ton of accuracy on them. You also should probably use sigyn's bazubands. It's only ~1-2 less accuracy, for 8 str and 16 more ranged attack. Gun users should certainly use the bazubands. Though seiryu's can be augmented with store TP, so if you need that then that's understandable.

I think mirvana's suggestion of the dagger is a good idea as well, if you really need the accuracy. Losing aluh is not a huge deal.

Quick correction: I'd actually use hawker's +1 over trailers.
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-23 15:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Been doing some Delve Boss runs lately. Extremely RNG oriented battles. The bee in particular is extremely evasive. Been trying to make a max ACC set. Any advice for this one:

ItemSet 301921

Jaeger mantle, Trailer's kurki; khepri gamashes, Painatoke's cap and khepri jacket all would be upgrade for those fight.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-23 15:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »

ItemSet 301921

Jaeger mantle, Trailer's kurki; khepri gamashes, Painatoke's cap and khepri jacket all would be upgrade for those fight.

All the legion Abj that hit the floor...never even considered playing RNG again and now its the must have DD lol
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-23 15:35:52
Link | Citer | R

We used rng in legion and they raped stuff so we have some up to date rng! We parse number of ammo/bullet shot and make fun of slackers now!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-23 15:39:55
Link | Citer | R

While Khepri Jacket does have AGI+3 and R.Acc+2 over Caban, I wouldn't swap it out. You would be losing the added damage and delay reduction from Enhance Velocity Shot
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-23 15:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
While Khepri Jacket does have AGI+3 and R.Acc+2 over Caban, I wouldn't swap it out. You would be losing the added damage and delay reduction from Enhance Velocity Shot

Can still pre shot in Caban... And hiting target is more dmg than missing it.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-23 16:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »

ItemSet 301921

All the legion Abj that hit the floor...never even considered playing RNG again and now its the must have DD lol

Does this mean RNG is the new bandwagon job?